Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mariaalice wrote: »
    Inside Sinn Féin: the party with 200 staff and an extensive property portfolio
    According to party finance director Des Mackin, Sinn Féin has 200 staff and extensive property across the island.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/inside-sinn-f%C3%A9in-the-party-with-200-staff-and-an-extensive-property-portfolio-1.4193162

How many of them are employed as 'spin doctors'?

You claimed it...you back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Ballso wrote: »
    You clearly care anyway

I Do - by how? Starting tons of SF threads? Ye couldnt make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

All political parties monitor all social media.

SF employs a lot of spin doctors.

I wonder how many of the 200 SF staff were hired to spend their days (and nights) posting on here?

The point was, that 'SF supporters go to great lengths to defend'.

Fat shaming and misogyny is about as desperate as it gets and this site is riddled with it when it comes to SF.

i must say francie, and i think im on record as noting you as a reasonable enough fella despite our obviously different angles here, i havent seen a lot of that tbh

I wonder how many of the 200 SF staff were hired to spend their days (and nights) posting on here?

Starting all the threads that are critical of SF? :)

Is there a thread title on the site that seeks to praise them/spin?

Get a grip. :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

Under one name ;)

i must say francie, and i think im on record as noting you as a reasonable enough fella despite our obviously different angles here, i havent seen a lot of that tbh

There is enough of it to mention it when people start with the 'desperate SF supporters' nonsense.

maccored wrote: »
    if you think parties are bothered what people without an iota on boards say then you obviously overestimate your importance

do you not get that

what people say on boards

is kinda what people think

you keep taking this line as if people are consistently posting "well im on boards and therefore this'll make them sit up and take notice"

nobody does this.

but boards and other social media sites are a measure of opinion (and often opinion that may well be sanitized elsewhere, therefore an interesting source)

and unless you are straight up claiming that sf, and the other parties (but if we're honest, earliest and most, sf) arent ahem 'monitoring' social media

and to be clear by monitoring i mean employing people to argue on

then you cant expect to be taken seriously

also, you seem to think youre landing a savage point by mocking the idea of expressing an opinion on boards by expressing that opinion on boards

dyou see what im saying

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

If FF and FG make progress in agreeing a Programme for Government, and given the urgent need to put a government in place with the deadline of Sunday, should Sinn Fein do the decent thing and offer a two-year Confidence and Supply arrangement?

blanch152 wrote: »
    If FF and FG make progress in agreeing a Programme for Government, and given the urgent need to put a government in place with the deadline of Sunday, should Sinn Fein do the decent thing and offer a two-year Confidence and Supply arrangement?

That would depend on 'the programme for government' surely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Of course they are not posting here ( SF staff ) at least not offishly nor do they care what is posted here, but they are supremely concerned about how they are perceived in the media all media anyone who thinks otherwise is very nieve.

Starting all the threads that are critical of SF? :)

Is there a thread title on the site that seeks to praise them/spin?

Get a grip. :):):)

How about posting endlessly in any thread that mentions SF? Usually with an opener like “I don’t support SF and didn’t vote for them, but ...”

edit- re confidence and supply arrangement

i think it utterly unfair to use the current situation to demand anything like that of SF tbh

tbh, i think that any talk of govt formation should be agreed, and very publicly so by all parties, as not in the national interest for at least two months.

the case for another GE after this is stronger and stronger on all sides, it seems to me.

SF will claim that their ideology would have had public systems in better shape for this

FG will rely on their handling meeting public approval, and very possibly they will darkly remind you that you couldve had a lot worse in charge

FF.....jesus tbh im staggered they still exist so look i cant even really theorise what case theyd put forward

but in any case, very unfair and poor form to suggest that FF or SF have to commit to govt amidst all this. leave it out until the crisis is over

Of course they are not posting here nor do they care what is posted here, but they are supremely concerned about how they are perceived in the media all media anyone who thinks otherwise is very nieve.

you really believe that first part?

id say all parties have ppl posting everywhere tbh

i daresay im down on many notebooks as being a fg mole, so we're all looking at each other crossways in politics threads

(i voted lab, sd for the record lads!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Is that a lucky guess?

Educated guess more like.

How about posting endlessly in any thread that mentions SF? Usually with an opener like “I don’t support SF and didn’t vote for them, but ...”

43 posts and you have done all that research on me? Creepy or you aren't new yourself? :)

I post on many different topics, but have never denied my core interest is politics and current affairs. I have never lied about party membership or who I have voted for in the past either.

Take it or leave it. No skin off my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

"The internet and social media are transforming politics around the world and here in Ireland. Never before has there been so many ways that you can help influence and make change happen through this global online community we live in.

Thousands of people from every walk of life have already signed up from across Ireland and beyond to become Online Supporters for SINN Féin.

We are asking you to take the step today to become a Sinn Féin Online Supporter and join our campaign to reshape politics in Ireland and in doing so usher in an era of radical change that puts the interest of our citizens at the heart of all we do.

It’s time to sweep away the conservative parties which have dominated life on this island for far too long.

By becoming a Sinn Féin Online Supporter, you have the opportunity to stand up and play your part in shaping the future of a new republic"

piplip87 wrote: »
    Can a Sinn Fein Supporter explain the fascination with the Apple Tax money ?

As far as I am aware they have objected to every EU referendum which in turn has given the EU the power to issue this fine.

Do SF not see this fine as an attack on Irish Sovereignty ?

It's free money...they love free stuff.
    Mary Lou is well aware that this money is not available to the Irish government and even if it would she not expect at least Italy and Spain who are in far worse situations to come looking for their cut?
    She relies on a large portion of her supporters not understanding this or other economic basics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I genuinely doubt if paid staff are posting offishly, but what they may do unoffishly is different, intelligent educated people then to be concerned about their jobs.

43 posts and you have done all that research on me? Creepy or you aren't new yourself? :)

I post on many different topics, but have never denied my core interest is politics and current affairs. I have never lied about party membership or who I have voted for in the past either.

Take it or leave it. No skin off my nose.

No mention of you Francis. A quick look at the active political threads sees the likes of Runaways posting endlessly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

"The internet and social media are transforming politics around the world and here in Ireland. Never before has there been so many ways that you can help influence and make change happen through this global online community we live in.

Thousands of people from every walk of life have already signed up from across Ireland and beyond to become Online Supporters for SINN Féin.

We are asking you to take the step today to become a Sinn Féin Online Supporter and join our campaign to reshape politics in Ireland and in doing so usher in an era of radical change that puts the interest of our citizens at the heart of all we do.

It’s time to sweep away the conservative parties which have dominated life on this island for far too long.

By becoming a Sinn Féin Online Supporter, you have the opportunity to stand up and play your part in shaping the future of a new republic"

SF have jumped on that wave of populism that the internet has allowed. Lots of sound bytes and empty promises. It’s worked a dream for Donald and Boris. Not so much for the uk and us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

do you not get that

what people say on boards

is kinda what people think

you keep taking this line as if people are consistently posting "well im on boards and therefore this'll make them sit up and take notice"

nobody does this.

but boards and other social media sites are a measure of opinion (and often opinion that may well be sanitized elsewhere, therefore an interesting source)

and unless you are straight up claiming that sf, and the other parties (but if we're honest, earliest and most, sf) arent ahem 'monitoring' social media

and to be clear by monitoring i mean employing people to argue on

then you cant expect to be taken seriously

also, you seem to think youre landing a savage point by mocking the idea of expressing an opinion on boards by expressing that opinion on boards

dyou see what im saying

i see you think that boards for some reason is more reliable than the few hundred million zillion online sites

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

No mention of you Francis. A quick look at the active political threads sees the likes of Runaways posting endlessly.

I’m in isolation if you must know and bored out of my skull. You lads get to do shifts.
    There’s a difference.

aido79 wrote: »
    It's free money...they love free stuff.
    Mary Lou is well aware that this money is not available to the Irish government and even if it would she not expect at least Italy and Spain who are in far worse situations to come looking for their cut?
    She relies on a large portion of her supporters not understanding this or other economic basics.

Chris Johns of the Irish Times is hardly a Shinner and he thinks using that money should be looked at.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/apple-s-15bn-back-tax-could-fund-ireland-s-cash-crunch-1.4209152

Apparently and I am open to correction on this, if Ireland drops it's appeal, the money is available for dispersion to those countries who 'may' have a claim on some of it.

The point is, we are going to have to fund this crisis somehow. Everything has to be looked at. Even Apple.

I genuinely doubt if paid staff are posting offishly, but what they may do unoffishly is different, intelligent educated people then to be concerned about their jobs.

Do you think the PR person who answered MLMD's tweet here was 'paid' for doing it?

https://twitter.com/sharonbannerton/status/1243129362930642945

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Chris Johns of the Irish Times is hardly a Shinner and he thinks using that money should be looked at.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/economy/apple-s-15bn-back-tax-could-fund-ireland-s-cash-crunch-1.4209152

Apparently and I am open to correction on this, if Ireland drops it's appeal, the money is available for dispersion to those countries who 'may' have a claim on some of it.

The point is, we are going to have to fund this crisis somehow. Everything has to be looked at. Even Apple.

Our portion would only fund us for a few weeks maybe months, the fact SF are making a big issue of this is pure populism.

jh79 wrote: »
    Our portion would only fund us for a few weeks maybe months, the fact SF are making a big issue of this is pure populism.

All we know about how much is available to Ireland is that Ireland and the EU say 'that other countries 'may' have a claim on some of it'.

And it has to be said that Ireland are saying that as one of the reasons NOT to take the money off Apple.

So again...worth looking at.

Maybe Mary Lou needs to take this approach and actually explain her strategies and thinking rather than just using soundbites that appeal to her supporters.

I can't read the article because it is behind a paywall.

I agree that everything needs to be considered but so do the future consequences of everything that is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

jh79 wrote: »

You make it sound like it's a drop in the ocean, anything that can help fund this country for a few weeks or months is a hugely positive thing.

And what's with using the word populism as if it's a bad thing, do you even know what populism means?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

All we know about how much is available to Ireland is that Ireland and the EU say 'that other countries 'may' have a claim on some of it'.

And it has to be said that Ireland are saying that as one of the reasons NOT to take the money off Apple.

So again...worth looking at.

I think the 11 week COVID-19 dole is alone costing 3 billion. So worth looking at but it would only offer temporary relief even if we got the whole lot so lets not pretend that SF repeatedly bringing it up is anything other than populism.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement