Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

FG: the 'it can't be done because we didn't try' party.

Good to see we've moved on from peddling lies about 65k houses anyway.

Only took half a dozen pages and now we've moved on to plumbers don't exist. Who knows where the next half-dozen will take the the true blue contingent?

I wonder how many times Venezuela will get mentioned?

Stay tuned folks...

The graphs I was "peddling" (your choice of word, not mine) were from The Journal, so no I would not choose to use bars, but if they do that's a matter for them. I just posted it to illustrate the point that SF TDs are not behind the door when it comes to own/holding land or property.

Like i said,your free to.use meaningless graphs all you want,

I have no interest,nor intention of changing your posting habits

(Just to highlight hyprocrisy)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

Yurt! wrote: »

Only took half a dozen pages and now we've moved on to plumbers don't exist. Who knows where the next half-dozen will take the the true blue contingent?

Stay tuned folks...

You're right - this is an SF-related thread, so the emphasis should be on their [lack of] competence.....

Not even a global pandemic can bring Sinn Fein to welcome help from the Brits
    All in all, it has made Sinn Fein’s leadership in the north seem weak, ineffectual and absent of the mettle to accept Executive decisions. Indeed, their dissent to date has achieved little and if anything, can be construed as frustrating a united crisis response. It can be put down to not much more than Sinn Fein’s failure to exorcise crude legacy ghosts and their everlasting binary inner monologue whispering in their ear that British is bad and Irish is good.

.....we need only look up the road to see what's in store for us when they get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Stay tuned folks...

Can you show us where someone said plumbers don't exist?

Or are you spoofing again.

Im fascinated you mention FG in all your posts on a SF thread.

I suppose when there is nothing to actually talk about with SF cause they do sweet nothing anyway you have to fill the pages somehow.

Can you show us where someone said plumbers don't exist?

Or are you spoofing again.

Im fascinated you mention FG in all your posts on a SF thread.

I suppose when there is nothing to actually talk about with SF cause they do sweet nothing anyway you have to fill the pages somehow.

Tell us how awful Venezuela is again to keep us entertained. You tell that one lovely.

• Advertisement

Tell us how awful Venezuela is to keep us entertained. You tell that one lovely.

So once again, show us where someone said plumbers don't exist.

Are you gonna answer it?

So once again, show us where someone said plumbers don't exist.

Are you gonna answer it?

WTF is that?

It won't even play.

So you gonna show us where someone said plumbers don't exist?

You're a Spoofer.

You're a Spoofer.

Well, there once was a feller named Willard McVane
    And he only had just one thought on his brain
    Every evening about midnight he'd sneak off alone
    And call the same lady on a pay telephone
    'It's me again, Margaret
    Hello, is this Margaret?
    You don't know me, Margaret, but I know you.'

• Advertisement

This may upset pister called: all about the mane

But it seems mary-lou was sick and self isolating in the right,all along......developed a secondary infection and was very unwell....while FG supporters sneered at her all along,

https://mobile.twitter.com/aoifegracemoore/status/1250015909693005824

But it seems mary-lou was sick and self isolating in the right,all along......developed a secondary infection and was very unwell....while FG supporters sneered at her all along,

Hopefully her and her family get well soon

Saw a screenshot of her Easter address thingy (didn't watch it), she looked ill in fairness.

Whatever you think about whichever politicians, I wouldn't be sneering at someone who is ill at a time like this.

(By way of example, I've pulled up posters before for having a pop at Simon Harris' often gaunt appearance, which isn't fair as it's widely known he has Crohn's)

The same poster was making rather ugly comments about her appearance as well, which shows you where we're at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Saw a screenshot of her Easter address thingy (didn't watch it), she looked ill in fairness.

Whatever you think about whichever politicians, I wouldn't be sneering at someone who is ill at a time like this.

(By way of example, I've pulled up posters before for having a pop at Simon Harris' often gaunt appearance, which isn't fair as it's widely known he has Crohn's)

The same poster was making rather ugly comments about her appearance as well, which shows you where we're at.

Thought the same of Borris Johnson. He looks shook. Pleurisy is a nasty infection also.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Back just on time for the Government formations...

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Back just on time for the Government formations...

You’re a *moderator*??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I thought that grating noise was gone from my T.V. but I notice it back today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Greyfox

Hard to see any party endorsing taking money for rent directly from people's dole tbh.

Sadly that's true which is why dole bashing threads will always be popular on boards, their quite understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's actually f*cking unbelievable how myself and many other posters here were repeatedly mocked when we pointed out the utter hypocrisy and scumbaggery of others blasting Mary Lou for self-isolating after coming down with cold symptoms after her child's school was one of the first confirmed in the country, and when we furthermore stated that if she had carried on as usual despite feeling unwell, those same posters would have been attacking her for putting party and politics before country in risking the health of those around her by not taking precautions.

This thread is deafeningly silent today, now that we know the poor woman has not only been diagnosed formally with COVID-19, but from the sound of it has been through hell from complications arising thereof. Those same posters who have spent the last several weeks posting along the lines of "Ha ha ha poor wee Mary Lou has a little head cold and is using it as an excuse to run away from crisis management and government formation" are nowhere to be found.

It's not often that arguments about politics over the internet actually provoke genuine anger on my part but today is one of those days. You should all be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for being such unimaginable douchebags on this subject. The next time you want to accuse the left of playing dirty politics, putting party before country, conflating the political with the personal, etc, look in a God damn mirror and keep it to yourselves. To anyone who wonders why myself and many others on the left accuse neoliberals of utterly heartless politics which literally treats human beings and their real lives as secondary concerns, this is exactly what we're talking about.

Gobsh!tes the lot of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JamBur

It's actually f*cking unbelievable how myself and many other posters here were repeatedly mocked when we pointed out the utter hypocrisy and scumbaggery of others blasting ......

Gobsh!tes the lot of ye.

Have a Snickers darling, you're not yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,663 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Mary Flu McDonald - get well soon!

JamBur wrote: »
    Have a Snickers darling, you're not yourself

I'm good, I've a Guinness Easter Egg still unopened, even has little mini pints made of chocolate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭JamBur

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Mary Flu McDonald - get well soon!

I'm no fan of SF, but that really is idiotic. Not even funny really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I hope she makes a full recovery but as leader of the opposition should she not have made it public that she had symptoms and was being tested. It's really strange that she just said nothing and just disappeared regardless of which side she's on. Imagine if Leo Varadkar or Michael Martin said they had a cold, never mentioned they were being tested for coronavirus and just disappeared for a couple of weeks. They would be accused of all sorts of coverups.
    At least she has now admitted to testing positive and did the right thing by self isolating.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

aido79 wrote: »
    I hope she makes a full recovery but as leader of the opposition should she not have made it public that she had symptoms and was being tested. It's really strange that she just said nothing and just disappeared regardless of which side she's on.

She did, but it was still mocked and belittled on here by some, anything to score a point I suppose.

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/coronavirus-ireland-sinn-feins-mary-17984471

26th of March.

Coronavirus Ireland: Sinn Fein's Mary Lou McDonald getting 'head cold' checked by GP and misses Dail meeting

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

MJohnston wrote: »
    You’re a *moderator*??

And?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

And?

To paraphrase Brendan Behan......perhaps some people think mods are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they see it done every day, but they're not allowed to do it themselves :D:D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

It's actually f*cking unbelievable how myself and many other posters here were repeatedly mocked when we pointed out the utter hypocrisy and scumbaggery of others blasting Mary Lou for self-isolating after coming down with cold symptoms after her child's school was one of the first confirmed in the country, and when we furthermore stated that if she had carried on as usual despite feeling unwell, those same posters would have been attacking her for putting party and politics before country in risking the health of those around her by not taking precautions.

This thread is deafeningly silent today, now that we know the poor woman has not only been diagnosed formally with COVID-19, but from the sound of it has been through hell from complications arising thereof. Those same posters who have spent the last several weeks posting along the lines of "Ha ha ha poor wee Mary Lou has a little head cold and is using it as an excuse to run away from crisis management and government formation" are nowhere to be found.

It's not often that arguments about politics over the internet actually provoke genuine anger on my part but today is one of those days. You should all be thoroughly ashamed of yourselves for being such unimaginable douchebags on this subject. The next time you want to accuse the left of playing dirty politics, putting party before country, conflating the political with the personal, etc, look in a God damn mirror and keep it to yourselves. To anyone who wonders why myself and many others on the left accuse neoliberals of utterly heartless politics which literally treats human beings and their real lives as secondary concerns, this is exactly what we're talking about.

Gobsh!tes the lot of ye.

well the whole SF wheel had and still had ground to a halt at this stage, I cant see it getting the same momentum it had previous. I'm sure there is some sort of hierarchy with in SF ( most military organisations do), could the role of rabblerouser not be delegated ?

And?

A parrot

• Advertisement

Gobsh!tes the lot of ye.

I really think you're getting outraged over a few posters.

When Leo said he was going back to work on covid 19 I seen loads of comments from people online saying they hope he catches it and dies.

Online is nasty towards politicians.

Really don't take it personally because of a few people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement