Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, some people end up in intensive care for four days and barely stop working (Boris), others have the symptoms of a common cold and disappear for a month (Mary-Lou).

It is a sad day when I am comparing Boris favourably to any other politician, but in this case it actually is true.

You cant be serious....critizing someone for not going back to work.as they developed pneumonia brought as a complication of cv-19??

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    Cut the shyte blanch, the only thing you admire about Boris is that he's a Tory toff who are the traditional polar opposites of the shinners and traditional partners of the unionist party's.

Work ethic me bollocks. :D

Default to personal attack when you know the argument is lost. I have your number a long time now.

Boris is a gob****e, I said that in my last post, but his work ethic is still higher than Mary-Lou's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Default to personal attack when you know the argument is lost. I have your number a long time now.

So call me baby

Personal attack also me bollocks, I'm questioning your sincerity, but that's not a personal attack.

Up the yard.

Boris is a gob****e, I said that in my last post, but his work ethic is still higher than Mary-Lou's.

Theres no personal attack.in his post??

Your trying to shut down discussion with accusations of such.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

You cant be serious....critizing someone for not going back to work.as they developed pneumonia brought as a complication of cv-19??

Pneumonia? She didn't say that. Read the report again.

Was she admitted to hospital and into intensive care like Boris and only miss four days of work?

• Advertisement

Was she admitted to hospital and into intensive care like Boris and only miss four days of work?

She developed pluricy....that is pneumonia (dry type brought on cv-19 is escaltion of this)
    The Doctor informs me that I am no longer infected or infectious, and this is a great relief after weeks of being very unwell. I had a setback in my recovery at the weekend and developed post-viral pleurisy in my right lung. I fully expect to be back at work on Monday."

It takes an espially partisan person to critise someone for not spreading covid infection....but then you couldnt grasp.seriousness of it and critised anyone who wamted paddys day parade cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Blanch did you write a specific sketch from Monty python's holy grail by any chance?

Deputy McDonald said she had experienced a setback in her recovery last weekend, after developing post-viral pleurisy in her right lung. However, she added she was responding very well to medication and fully expects to be back at work on Monday.

Sounds like their was shag all wrong with her in fairness. /Sarcasm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Suckit wrote: »
    It won't be long before we see FF and FG back to their sh*t again. No doubt SF could have played the last few weeks a bit better but unfortunately for them Mary Lou was unable to do much.
    Tough times ahead.
    FFFG will be given the benefit of doubt for many things as the world tries to recover, but if they hit too many obstacles, there may be an election sooner than later.
    SF will likely still be the largest party outside of those two, but I would guess that some of the others will have grown a fair bit by then too.
    This years election and the greed of the two civil war parties has changed politics in Ireland a lot.
    Tough and interesting times ahead. There will be a lot of people waiting for these to fail. Next election results may (hopefully) be a bit more like some of the other European multi-party countries.

"Civil War party"

Werent S.F. knocking around then as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Odhinn

How much do you pay for a social house ?
    No idea offhand. However I can say that if ypou're paying for it, its not free is it?
    And how much is owed to councils in unpaid rents at the moment?

Again, no idea. However if there is rent due on some of these properties as you claim, they aren't free, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Odhinn wrote: »
    No idea offhand. However I can say that if ypou're paying for it, its not free is it?

Again, no idea. However if there is rent due on some of these properties as you claim, they aren't free, are they?
    We’ll go research it but you don’t need to do you because you well know if your a SF supporter . You probably well know how to “play “ the system and how to get rent allowance and the “hap” claim as an unmarried mother while your fella lives with you and the kids . Listen I grew up in a working class area I know what goes on , I seen plenty of families like ours who their parents won’t worked hard to pay mortgages and bills and I seen plenty of the gougers that spit kids out so they can get a 3 bed house for 20 quid a week because they are unmarried. During the last election that’s the type of ****ers that where relentless on social media promoting SF .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

She developed pluricy....that is pneumonia (dry type brought on cv-19 is escaltion of this)

They're not the same, hence they've different names. And it's pleurisy, not pluricy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

Looking online at the comments sections of the articles regarding the coalition talks and once again it strikes me at how uneducated people are SFs biggest fans at the moment.

1) There is still people mentioning how MM got elected in a later count than Marylou. Yet Martin and McGrath both got elected in that Constituency. Took nearly twice the amounts of first preference votes. Which showed excellent vote management on FFs part there. They also seem to think a TD who got in on a later count doesn't have as much right as one who topped the poll.

2) Those claiming the system we use is unfair even though it gave SF a platform for years. With a FPTP system that has been advocated in many comments SF would have had no TDs elected in many elections.

3) We voted for change..... Marylou should be Taoiseach.... Yet many times in the past parties had more seats, yet went into opposition....

4) My favourite one. We are sick of FFG, we voted FFG out. How dare FF or FG form a government without SF......

5) The personal abuse thrown at anybody who points out that it isn't unusual for a party to go to opposition with 37 seats...

6) How FFG are seizing power in a coup..... Eh lads there's only party with a history of trying to overthrow the state and it's not FF/FG.

As I have said before on here it's not surprising that they don't have a clue how the system works. Sure plenty of them still don't even recognise the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,656 ✭✭✭Floppybits

n97 mini wrote: »
    They're not the same, hence they've different names. And it's pleurisy, not pluricy!

You know when someone is losing when this is the only response they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,569 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

n97 mini wrote: »

Pleurisy is still bad, had it in January from bad flu, infection, I have asthma too, side was hurting bad with pain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭landofthetree

One of the big two reasons for voting for then is gone

Housing isn't an issue anymore.

Tens of thousands of empty units will appear as loads of unemployed foreign workers leave. Plus there will be no Air BnBs or tourism for 18months+. Plus loads of English language students won't be able to come here for academic year 2019-20

Rents will fall dramatically as well.

We are lucky as hell we didn't build many houses the last few years.

Tens of thousands of empty units will appear as loads of unemployed foreign workers leave. Plus there will be no Air BnBs or tourism for 18months+. Plus loads of English language students won't be able to come here for academic year 2019-20

Ah that's grand then, nothing like a deadly virus to sort out the housing issue. Would it not have been better sorted by the government?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

So what you are saying is FFG have a fresh start/clean slate.
    The country/world has been reset.
    So surely there is no chance they could f**k up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

Half the Shinners said Bojo done it for approval ratings..same for mlm so? Is that just outrageous ?

So what you are saying is FFG have a fresh start/clean slate.
    The country/world has been reset.
    So surely there is no chance they could f**k up again?

Sure FF/FG didn't f**ked it up in the first place, it was everyone else that f**ked it up

Half the Shinners said Bojo done it for approval ratings..same for mlm so? Is that just outrageous ?
    Is that exactly half the shinners, or a rough estimate?

Do you have links to the people that said it? Anywhere? I literally didn't see or hear anybody saying anything like that. Not an Finnerbots, not any FF's, not any GP's, Lab, SD, Inds, SF, Renua, PD's, etc.. Not any of their supporters.

I am not saying that it didn't happen. Idiots are idiots, and there are also some people that refuse to believe everything or anything, but each to their own.
    I still didn't see or hear anyone, let alone a massive collective of people that support a single party, saying it.

• Advertisement

Is that exactly half the shinners, or a rough estimate?

Do you have links to the people that said it? Anywhere? I literally didn't see or hear anybody saying anything like that. Not an Finnerbots, not any FF's, not any GP's, Lab, SD, Inds, SF, Renua, PD's, etc.. Not any of their supporters.

I am not saying that it didn't happen. Idiots are idiots, and there are also some people that refuse to believe everything or anything, but each to their own.
    I still didn't see or hear anyone, let alone a massive collective of people that support a single party, saying it.

Yes it was Shinners only.
    Bojo is British
    British is bad
    SF knuckedraggers suggest Bojo fake.

Yes it was Shinners only.
    Bojo is British
    British is bad
    SF knuckedraggers suggest Bojo fake.
    Fair enough, any links?
    Even one or two? (Feel free to get more to validate your point)

Considering the amount you claimed said it, that should be easy.

Fair enough, any links?
    Even one or two? (Feel free to get more to validate your point)

Considering the amount you claimed said it, that should be easy.

Yeah loads.

Yeah loads.
    I've looked, not seen loads, or any tbh.
    I don't ask for links usually (as a matter of fact, don't think I ever have before), unless I am looking for advice or help, so in this instance I guess it would be help.
    Could you provide those links?
    No rush. Take a couple of days if need be.

I've looked, not seen loads, or any tbh.
    I don't ask for links usually (as a matter of fact, don't think I ever have before), unless I am looking for advice or help, so in this instance I guess it would be help.
    Could you provide those links?
    No rush. Take a couple of days if need be.

Not surprised to see a shinner do nothing for a couple of days seeing as you will wait

Not surprised to see a shinner do nothing for a couple of days seeing as you will wait
    None of that sentence makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Lads if SF want to be in power then get the left parties to agree a programme of government.

The numbers are there.

If you can't manage that then stop crying like a bunch of little girls in a playground whos taken their ball and gone home because it didn't work out like they wanted.

You can't always get what you want.

Good night.

This thread is hilarious, sporadic comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Why don’t you discuss how much of a mouth piece she is ? Or how she is promising the people of this country something that is impossible to deliver ie. free gaffs

Even a cursory look at the SF housing policy reveals it is an affordable housing policy and not a 'free gaffes' charter.

Some people are such sh*t talkers without a clue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Is that what you want? A politician wandering around shedding Covid19 to prove their 'work ethic' to some no-names on the internet who were mocking her for taking precautions in the first instance.

You people are really disgracing yourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement