Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Yurt! wrote: »
    Even a cursory look at the SF housing policy reveals it is an affordable housing policy and not a 'free gaffes' charter.

Some people are such sh*t talkers without a clue.

It's a pie in the sky charter. Their whole policy is completely disingenuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

It's a pie in the sky charter. Their whole policy is completely disingenuous.

Wow, much evidence. Such convince. 12/10

One of the big two reasons for voting for then is gone

Housing isn't an issue anymore.

Tens of thousands of empty units will appear as loads of unemployed foreign workers leave. Plus there will be no Air BnBs or tourism for 18months+. Plus loads of English language students won't be able to come here for academic year 2019-20

Rents will fall dramatically as well.

We are lucky as hell we didn't build many houses the last few years.

Surely now is time,more than ever to build social housing??

Your success/solution is entirely predicated on no econmic recovery....your essentially argueing to repeat mistakes of last 10 to 15 years??

Would it not make basic sense to get ahead of problems,instead if waiting for issues to arise?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Even a cursory look at the SF housing policy reveals it is an affordable housing policy and not a 'free gaffes' charter.

No it's mostly social housing

"Deliver 100,000 public homes on public land; including 60,000 social homes, 30,000 affordable purchase homes and 10,000 affordable rental homes"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

100,000 to be built 40,000 to be be affordable/ rent to buy . 60,000 social - so 60,000 “free gaffs” . If you get a social house you get rent allowance and the hap and your dole plus your bills paid. You get the house for noting and same house would cost a working person 800-1000 on a mortgage a month , then all their bills on top.Very few of social housing go to people that actually need them and need a leg up in society, they just go to those who know how to work the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

100,000 to be built 40,000 to be be affordable/ rent to buy . 60,000 social - so 60,000 “free gaffs” . If you get a social house you get rent allowance and the hap and your dole plus your bills paid. You get the house for noting and same house would cost a working person 800-1000 on a mortgage a month , then all their bills on top.Very few of social housing go to people that actually need them and need a leg up in society, they just go to those who know how to work the system.

You should vote for the blueshirts so, no way they'd bother their mickeys building 60k free gaffs.

This is awkward.

60,000 social housing units to be built by 2025 under Fine Gael plan

Literally from Jan this year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Mary Lou has being out of action, fair enough. If SF want to be in government surely they should have being having negotiations with other participants in the dail and working behind the scene to come up with some sort of plan to form a government if they are serious about taking power. The veruca and my hole have being trying to keep power. How badly do SF want to be in government after Covid 19 is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

piplip87 wrote: »
    Looking online at the comments sections of the articles regarding the coalition talks and once again it strikes me at how uneducated people are SFs biggest fans at the moment.

3) We voted for change..... Marylou should be Taoiseach.... Yet many times in the past parties had more seats, yet went into opposition....

This is the biggest myth SF have been peddling, in my opinion.

Their core vote is somewhere between 12 and 15% - those people are going to vote for them no matter how many "ex"-paramilitaries they employ, or how many representatives they bully out of the party.

Being generous, even if we assume they doubled their vote from 12% to the 24% of first preferences achieved in the recent GE, that's only* 12% of the electorate who swapped their vote to SF, meaning 88% either voted as they normally do or went with someone else.

Can a vote for SF be regarded as a vote for change, when at most only* 1-in-8 switched their allegiance to them? Maybe if you've the mathematical ability of a typical SF supporter you can regard it as such but whatever way you spin it many, many more people declined to vote SF than actually voted SF.

*I use the word "only" here in discussing proportions - in terms of vote swing a 12% gain is, relatively speaking, a rare event.

McMurphy wrote: »
    You should vote for the blueshirts so, no way they'd bother their mickeys building 60k free gaffs.

This is awkward.

60,000 social housing units to be built by 2025 under Fine Gael plan

Literally from Jan this year. :D

Lol, was just about to post this. The SF plan matches the 60k social homes plan, and commits to an affordable purchase / rental project on top of that which FG will not attempt for ideological reasons.

Edit: if I had my way, I'd in fact raise the proportion of affordable purchase in the SF plan at the expense of 10-20k social units within the 100k.

Many people on the housing list you might find would be able to purchase on this scheme but are on the housing list out of desperation.

Once affordable purchase gets a head of steam it will be a very attractive prospect for young (and not so young) couples and individuals currently locked out of the market.

It's a net societal good, having people own their own home via an affordable purchase scheme that doesn't radically increase the private debt of the country.

Lol, was just about to post this. The SF plan matches the 60k social homes plan, and commits to an affordable purchase / rental project on top of that which FG will not attempt for ideological reasons.

I'm guessing mr tikka is upset at what he perceives to be scroungers layabouts and welfare cheats availing of these 'free gaffs' you know the likes of a Ms Margaret Cash, free gaff taker, courtesy of a FG govt.

Did the shinners steal the blueshirts blueprints for 60k free gaffs, or did FG steal the shinners blueprints for 60k free gaffs'?

Either way - someone is going to be on the receiving end of Mr tikkas ire, looks to me like he didn't do his homework, and something something loud noises and anger.

I don't know if he, (after being brought up to speed) has went off and done further research on the blueshirts v shinner 60k free gaff giveaway bonanza, or if someone needs to change the thread title to:

"Is it just me or has tikkahunter just vanished?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

McMurphy wrote: »
    I'm guessing mr tikka is upset at what he perceives to be scroungers layabouts and welfare cheats availing of these 'free gaffs' you know the likes of a Ms Margaret Cash, free gaff taker, courtesy of a FG govt.

Did the shinners steal the blueshirts blueprints for 60k free gaffs, or did FG steal the shinners blueprints for 60k free gaffs'?

Either way - someone is going to be on the receiving end of Mr tikkas ire, looks to me like he didn't do his homework, and something something loud noises and anger.

I don't know if he, (after being brought up to speed) has went off and done further research on the blueshirts v shinner 60k free gaff giveaway bonanza, or if someone needs to change the thread title to:

"Is it just me or has tikkahunter just vanished?"
    Yeah Vanished like many of the IRA victims body’s over the years .No in work , il read up and respond when I get a break , any chance you can go back and respond on my reply to your post last night .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

It's a net societal good, having people own their own home via an affordable purchase scheme that doesn't radically increase the private debt of the country.
    Indeed, you've a lot in common with Margaret Thatcher

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Indeed, you've a lot in common with Margaret Thatcher

Affordable purchase schemes are a world away from Margret Thatcher's council purchase schemes (or indeed the similar schemes in Ireland which pre-date her's by a good couple of decades).

For one, the construction costs and finance costs are fully amortised by the purchaser via mortgage, as opposed to council tenants purchasing at a deep discount where the state can't wash its face on the sale.

You're running out of road. Good policy is good policy and you simply can't stand it.

FG: incapable on housing.

Yeah Vanished like many of the IRA victims body’s over the years .No in work , il read up and respond when I get a break , any chance you can go back and respond on my reply to your post last night .

At work myself tikka, we all have our crosses to bear I suppose.

However - It is with great interest I note that when presented with facts ref "free gaffs" and an FG policy from mere weeks ago, of which you seemingly weren't aware off until I did you the courtesy, you revert to many others (including political figures) default "IRA something".

Here's a tip I'll give you for free, if you are going to come waltzing in to a current affairs forum, and start foaming at the mouth about free gaffs X 60k the shinners want to build, make some sweeping generalisations about the calibre of people who avail of same, and of the political pary who pander to them, while now apparently needing to "read up" on the acting govt party's plans to do the exact same weeks ago, perhaps do some research beforehand.

You leave yourself open to all kinds of slagging and insinuations otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Who is the current Army Council Mouthpiece until MLMcD makes a full recovery?

You're running out of road. Good policy is good policy and you simply can't stand it.

FG: incapable on housing.

Hahahaha, now you'd never want to make assumptions like that about posters just because they don't support Sinn Féin
    You've no idea whether I can stand someone buying an affordable house or not (I can of course) Or what the next government might be capable of
    Or what might have happened if house building had continued to ramp up under current conditions for that matter
    You're only concerned with obviously your own parties yet to be proven policies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Who is the current Army Council Mouthpiece until MLMcD makes a full recovery?

any facts to back up that statement? besides what you hear FF or FG gibbering - actual facts linking the running of SF to the army council will suffice.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Hahahaha, now you'd never want to make assumptions like that about posters just because they don't support Sinn Féin
    You've no idea whether I can stand someone buying an affordable house or not (I can of course) Or what the next government might be capable of
    Or what might have happened if house building had continued to ramp up under current conditions for that matter
    You're only concerned with obviously your own parties yet to be proven policies

Sure thing champ.

Again, good to see we've moved on from 65k houses lies.

Still, it's fun to see you all so bamboozled by credible solutions proven in other countries (and already in Ireland on a smaller scale).

FG: incapable on hosting and openly hostile to affordable housing for working people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

maccored wrote: »
    any facts to back up that statement? besides what you hear FF or FG gibbering - actual facts linking the running of SF to the army council will suffice.

And Gerry wasn't in the IRA either before anyone starts!

Wow, much evidence. Such convince. 12/10

As yiu said yourself. There was a whole thread on it, and SFs housing policy and promise of house builds was shown to completely disingenuous.

• Advertisement

Sure thing champ.

Again, good to see we've moved on from 65k houses lies.[
    Have we?
    I didnt know that...
    Still, it's fun to see you all so bamboozled by credible solutions proven in other countries (and already in Ireland on a smaller scale).
    how am I bamboozled?
    FG: incapable on hosting and openly hostile to affordable housing for working people
    It might surprise you,but the 70% or so of home owning dwellers with few exceptions and the retired are working people
    Mind you,credit where credit is due,FF were in power for most of the period that level of home ownership was built up

As yiu said yourself. There was a whole thread on it, and SFs housing policy and promise of house builds was shown to completely disingenuous.

I'll help you out here on the big words:

dis·in·gen·u·ous
    /ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/

adjective
    not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

Are you sure you're using the right word here pal?

You've presented nothing but the word disengenuous (used incorrectly)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

dis·in·gen·u·ous
    /ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/

adjective
    not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

You're a nasty piece of work.

Pal, chump.

You really are full of it.

I asked you for evidence of your claim plumbers don't exist yesterday and all you replied with was you tube videos about Venezuela when it wasn't even me who made the long post comparing SF to Venezuela.

All you do is deflect and snipe when asked for evidence of your nonsense claims.

I hope you're been paid well to make a fool of yourself here daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

SF voted to bail out the banks and bankrupt the country, why are people still supporting them?

You're a nasty piece of work.

Pal, chump.

You really are full of it.

I asked you for evidence of your claim plumbers don't exist yesterday and all you replied with was you tube videos about Venezuela when it wasn't even me who made the long post comparing SF to Venezuela.

All you do is deflect and snipe when asked for evidence of your nonsense claims.

I hope you're been paid well to make a fool of yourself here daily.

I'm well paid by my job.

One of my hobbies (particularly during lockdown) is wrecking right-wing dummies who don't listen, sneer at the less well off and think they have it all figured out by being mean-spirited.

You got it handed to you in this thread (65k houses anyone?) and the evidence is all over the thread, though it may be painful for you to look at.

Margaret Cash, Venezuela, Margaret Cash, Venezuela, plumbers.

Have I missed anything?

Oh, and the best part? I'm not even a member of Sinn Féin and have given them a first preference a sum total one time in my voting life.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

If SF were in power would that Anti Vax Jewish conspiracy one be the minister for health.
    Considering we need a vaccine would she be there to tell us that the vaccine is a mind control and we just wait it out?
    Please don't waterboard me just like the SF councillors have a habit of doing

I'm well paid by my job.

One of my hobbies (particularly during lockdown) is wrecking right-wing dummies who don't listen, sneer at the less well off and think they have it all figured out by being mean-spirited.

You got it handed to you in this thread (65k houses anyone?) and the evidence is all over the thread, though it may be painful for you to look at.

Have I missed anything?

Oh, and the best part? I'm not even a member of Sinn Féin and have given them a first preference a sum total one time in my voting life.

So you prefer being a left wing dummie who advocates for a party They don't even vote for.
    Got ya.

I'm well paid by my job.

Have I missed anything?

Notwithstanding the fact that you are incorrect in your assertion that the 65k issue was dealt with,I'm wondering are you going for a forum equivalent of a Darwin award for the most self righteous indignant post ever with the above

dis·in·gen·u·ous
    /ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/

adjective

Yes I fully understand the meaning of the word. Hence why I used it pal.

• Advertisement

This post is a thing of beauty <3

Tkz bbz xxx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement