Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

threeball wrote: »
    Perfect time for the Greens to go in. This pandemic has shown what can be done if there is enough political will. They can also very clearly demonstrate the difference that even this short lockdown has had on CO2 levels. Polar ice fields at their highest level in a decade. An economy that needs a significant stimulus and green projects the best way to spend that stimulus. They will never get a better opportunity. As long as they leave the wolves and other hair brained plans behind they'll be ok.

Agreed, there is a lot they can achieve.

The one thing that has surprised me in the aftermath of this election is the weakness of Martin’s opponents within FF. no sign of a push, very unlike FF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭cms88

They're very busy on Twitter showing everyone how great they are by returing their €8k. Other TD's doing the same but oddly don't fell the need to tell everyone about ot...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

cms88 wrote: »
    They're very busy on Twitter showing everyone how great they are by returing their €8k. Other TD's doing the same but oddly don't fell the need to tell everyone about ot...

Self praise is no praise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

McMurphy wrote: »
    True enough I suppose.

IMG-20200416-103202.jpg

He suggests time frames in the article I linked to.

I still think it's a more realistic development than a FFG coalition that is only going to get off the ground of they get themselves a patsy.

Mary Lou also said a government with FF or FG in it would be a disaster.

Yet she was willing to go into government with them.

Complete hypocrisy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mary Lou also said a government with FF or FG in it would be a disaster.

Yet she was willing to go into government with them.

Complete hypocrisy.

For the hard of understanding, I would assume she meant without another party (perhaps Sinn Féin) to keep check on them.

Not long to go now before they all have to crap or get off the pot. National government of unity of a fresh election coming up later in 2020.

Fg might be denied a go at making Micheál Taoiseach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

cms88 wrote: »

Gesture politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

For the hard of understanding, I would assume she meant without another party (perhaps Sinn Féin) to keep check on them.

Not long to go now before they all have to crap or get off the pot. National government of unity of a fresh election coming up later in 2020.

Perhaps the greens?
    Anyway, why doesent SF come up with an agreement paper to rival FF and FG and press ahead with that and see how they get on, the numbers are still there for an alternative Govt.
    They can change their original manifesto now as things are different?

Assume?

Nope, she said quite clearly that change was needed and neither FF nor FG should be in government. Within a week she was crying and whinging about how they wouldn’t talk to her.

Perhaps the greens?
    Anyway, why doesent SF come up with an agreement paper to rival FF and FG and press ahead with that and see how they get on, the numbers are still there for an alternative Govt.

Yes, I’ve been waiting for this. PBP have said they will do business with Sinn Fein, but I am not sure how many of them are in the grouping that will do business. Surely, they can come up with an alternative to the FF/FG paper?

Otherwise they just look like whingers.

Perhaps the greens?

The greens look like they are about to.split...their going nowhere...id be suprised if eamonn ryan survives summer as their leader (terribly disapppinted with how out of touch posters here are,and no thread on it)

They erred badly in not pouring more resources into getting mchugh elected,she is likely best up-and-coming politian in state at the min,and reason why i gave greens number 2,was v.disappointed she didnt get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

SF must be crapping themselves

SF must be crapping themselves

Your the guy,who sneered at and mocked mary-lou for isolating when she had cv-19 and developed pluericy

What was it,40 odd posts of sneering iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

They are probably dancing for joy at party HQ knowing they won't have the responsibility of being in a government that will be making difficult and unpopular decisions over the next few years.

Your the guy,who sneered at and mocked mary-lou for isolating when she had cv-19 and developed pluericy

She disappeared without any explanation. A head-cold doesn't cut it. Leaders need to be accountable. She ain't.

And why did she disappear the first time again?

The issue is that Mary-Lou disappeared for the guts of a month. Boris ended up in intensive care and didn’t disappear for anywhere near as much. It is a sad day when a politician looks bad compared to Boris.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Its been over 2 months since the election, genuine question, what progress have SF made in forming a Gov? Has any1 hinted they wud be up to talking with them.
    Ofcourse every1 will say the Covid put a halt to everything but surely it wudnt take up every1 day

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

The simple truth is the SF are delighted that Covid19 is here as it gives them and out to forming a government..... Thank Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blanch152 wrote: »
    The issue is that Mary-Lou disappeared for the guts of a month. Boris ended up in intensive care and didn’t disappear for anywhere near as much. It is a sad day when a politician looks bad compared to Boris.

So you benchmark illnesses against Boris now?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    So you benchmark illnesses against Boris now?

And she doesn't even meet that...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,797 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

And she doesn't even meet that...
    Okay doc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

blanch152 wrote: »

Somebody needs to contact WHO and tell them Dr. Blanch is after figuring out Covid-19.
    They need to be more like BoJo if they don't want to die or suffer worse symptoms.

FFS.

By that reasoning, all of the people that died, look 'bad' compared to Boris. Absolutely an Idiotic statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

I'd have more sympathy for any human being than Sinn Feiners, MLMD included, ever show their victims and their families.

It's surprising to hear good republics whinging about not enough sympathy coming their way. Hypocrites.

Anyway what kind of dysfunctional mess in SF that no one seems capable of deputising. Probably because the people who really run the party, the IRA army council and associated criminals, don't want to break cover. Maybe someone could show them how to use zoom to try get things going.

She disappeared without any explanation. A head-cold doesn't cut it. Leaders need to be accountable. She ain't.

And why did she disappear the first time again?
    She didnt have a head cold??

She litteraly had coronavirus and developed plueircy,yous spent a month mocking and sneering at someone for following medical advice and isolating,

Scummy posts imo...but seems about your level.....

ive not seen 1 shinner mock boris johnson...but scores of fg support will sneer and mock people who get coronavirus,.....fairly bad,esp since FG are the posh peoples party who look down on everyone else as preceive emselves as better than everyon else..

She didnt have a head cold??

She litteraly had coronavirus and developed plueircy,yous spent a month mocking and sneering at someone for following medical advice and isolating,

Scummy posts imo...but seems about your level

And I quote: ‘woke up this morning with a head cold’

Boris was back at work 4 days after being in ICU. Mary loo took a month off.

And I quote: ‘woke up this morning with a head cold’

Mate,she literally had coronavirus??

She tested positive for it,developed 2nd infection...quite why you feel its ok to sneer and mock people for isolsting and not spreading it,

Is all on you

Mate,she literally had coronavirus??

She tested positive for it,developed 2nd infection...quite why you feel its ok to sneer and mock people for isolsting and not spreading it,

Is all on you

This is one who has notions about being Taoiseach. Yet she thinks it’s okay to disappear for weeks without an explanation.

SF don’t do accountability.

This is one who has notions about being Taoiseach. Yet she thinks it’s okay to disappear for weeks without an explanation.

SF don’t do accountability.

Like i said sneer away....your good at it(likely what you think of everyone else isolating anyway)

She had coronavirus,tested positive for it,quite why you deem this explanation unsatisfactory,is perplexing....but then again having a potentially fatal virus seems reason enough to mock people for you

Like i said sneer away....your good at it(likely what you think of everyone else isolating anyway)

She had coronavirus,tested positive for it,quite why you deem this explanation unsatisfactory,is perplexing....but then again having a potentially fatal virus is reason enough to mock people for you

The explanation came afterwards. Leaders don’t disappear when they are needed.

The explanation came afterwards. Leaders don’t disappear when they are needed.

She had coronavirus and developed pluericy??

She didnt disapper,was isolating as a precaution

Like we all seen your posts sneering and mocking her for isolating for too long......quite why your proud of sneering and mocking someone for having it and developibg pluericy

,to point your defending mocking them,is truely amazing.....but fair play all the same.....seems a particularly vile thing to be proud of though imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

The greens look like they are about to.split...their going nowhere...id be suprised if eamonn ryan survives summer as their leader (terribly disapppinted with how out of touch posters here are,and no thread on it)

They erred badly in not pouring more resources into getting mchugh elected,she is likely best up-and-coming politian in state at the min,and reason why i gave greens number 2,was v.disappointed she didnt get in

I didn't know this, but no greens in my area and if there's a potential party split I haven't seen it much in the media, in fact the media seems to be pointing to a very possible green Govt involvement.
    Can you give a link to that, I would like to see it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement