Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Meh,not quite as patethic as defending what your trying to defend

I mean you can interpet that as patethic,if you wish.....but your essentially admitting to being more patethic (personally id be morto to stoop.that low to try scrape a victory,but each to.their own)

You are the one who said it was pathetic. What is it?

‘Own your words’

You are the one who said it was pathetic. What is it?

‘Own your words’

Well like yes,your mocking and sneering at people who have isolated,because they have coronavirus and developed pluericy is patethic....i have no issue owning those words??

Indeed id go as far to.call them.scumbag posts.....could likely go further and say truth,but id likely be banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Both Mary lou and Coveney had to be tested. See the different approaches taken,

Coveny wasnt persistently sick and didnt get pleurisy
    He was negative actually iirc
    Coronovirus is a nasty illness and worrying even in mild to moderate cases because of its unpleasantness and not knowing where it's going with you when you are sick with it
    Please behave
    Theres enough codology around here without adding to it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Coveny wasnt persistently sick and didnt get pleurisy
    He was negative actually iirc
    Coronovirus is a nasty illness and worrying even in mild to moderate cases because of its unpleasantness and not knowing where it's going with you when you are sick with it
    Please behave
    Theres enough codology around here without adding to it

But coveney did see the need to make the public aware. Right decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Saoirse McHugh? She's seen as a liability. She can't go a few days without saying or tweeting something stupid.

She's failed the same amount of times as Peter Casey apart from her ability to court the media, there is nothing impressive about her.

Seems very much like a me feiner, who is is all for herself over the party

Agree the greens are a mess though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

But coveney did see the need to make the public aware. Right decision.

As already stated you berated McDonald when she withdrew from certain public appearances because of the outbreak of covid19 in her kids school.

Pick a version of events you believe in, not picked to solely antagonize and act the bollocks, and then stick to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

McMurphy wrote: »
    Nationalising the private hospitals seems very left wing politics to me - likewise the Social Welfare measures introduced.

You're hardly arguing against these measures are you aido
    Are you suggesting the govt are making mistakes?

Discuss.

These are temporary measures in the middle of a pandemic. It's a little different from the way you are trying to paint it. Try to think of it in terms of "small" and "far away" and you might have a better understanding of it.

but she can get her pints across clearly and relative ease

Is she a politician or does she work in a bar?

aido79 wrote: »
    These are temporary measures in the middle of a pandemic. It's a little different from the way you are trying to paint it. Try to think of it in terms of "small" and "far away" and you might have a better understanding of it.

Temporary or permanent makes little difference to me - you stated quite clearly that left wing policies were the last thing the country needed, now after realising what an asshat of a post it was are saying - oh yeah actually we do need left wing policies but just as a temporary measure.

So to sum it up the last thing the country needs right now is left wing policies except the left wing policies the govt just implemented because they don't count because they're temporary.

Looks like the very first thing to be implemented were left wing policies.

Have a word with yourself aido.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Temporary or permanent makes little difference to me - you stated quite clearly that left wing policies were the last thing the country needed, now after realising what an asshat of a post it was are saying - oh yeah actually we do need left wing policies but just as a temporary measure.

So to sum it up the last thing the country needs right now is left wing policies except the left wing policies the govt just implemented because they don't count because they're temporary.

Do you think circumstances during a pandemic are different to "normal times"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

With ML out of action, who will deny the cover up of the rape of children by IRA men?

Will Piercy step up to the plate and go on the offensive against the victims?

That's it,they aren't
    Maintaining that they are the same is Epic straw man

I think you know that I meant long term implementation of left wing policies. These are temporary measures so make of them what you will.

During this pandemic the last thing the country needs is actually a bigger left right divide which is what Sinn Fein seem to be pushing for which is a big change from their original call for a unity government.

No, I'm not claiming any such thing, I am pointing out how moronic it is to suggest that the last thing needed in a pandemic is left wing policies - the evidence is staring them in the face.

I don't think many will argue to keep such policies ongoing post covid (well the private v public health servic could be looked at) anyone doing so would be a moron.

However very first response to the pandemic was to adopt some left wing policies that is a fact.

Simple yes or no will do here, do you think the last thing needed during the pandemic was to nationalise the private hospitals and introduce a fairly generous social welfare payment scheme?

Yes or no. No deflection and look over there >

aido79 wrote: »
    I think you know that I meant long term implementation of left wing policies. These are temporary measures so make of them what you will.

During this pandemic the last thing the country needs is actually a bigger left right divide which is what Sinn Fein seem to be pushing for which is a big change from their original call for a unity government.

I think you know that a poster earlier clearly mean "thought" when he wrote "taught" - and I rate grammar Nazis slightly above above pedantic trolls.

Not a good look.

But the pandemic crisis response isn't an economic policy
    It's an insurance pay out specially legislated to combat an emergency

Tbf the e350 a week to drop down to e203 a week after 12 weeks should be looked into long term

It would provide great income security for low paid workers in tourism/agri/childcare etc sectors as these can have slow periods,where staff are often left go and re-hired seasonally (perhaps a slightly higher prsi rate could apply?)

And differentiate from those with poor job security and those who just wont work

Tbf the e350 a week to drop down to e203 a week after 12 weeks should be looked into long term

It would provide great income security for low paid workers in tourism/agri etc sectors as these can have slow periods,where staff are often left go and re-hired seasonally (perhaps a slightly higher prsi rate could apply?)

And differentiate from those with poor job security and those who just wont work

I don't know what is going to happen in terms of response as the year goes on but I'd imagine the trend in response will be to support the economy's journey back as close to pre crisis levels eventually as soon as circumstances allows
    A continuous €350 payment is not likely, I'd expect it to be stepped back as jobs return

I don't know what is going to happen in terms of response as the year goes on but I'd imagine the trend in response will be to support the economy's journey back as close to pre crisis levels eventually as soon as circumstances allows
    A continuous €350 payment is not likely, I'd expect it to be stepped back as jobs return

I suspect your right (afaik its to end july 1st)...but it is something to ponder long term,to provide income security among lowest paid in the state

Who is suggesting otherwise?

During the pandemic the very first measures introduced had a fairly strong left wing flavour coming of them, short term, medium term or ongoing indefinitely doesn't matter a toss.

The govt have done well in some aspects of their response to this crisis, and oddly enough both right wingers and left wingers alike will be championing the left wing response.

Just as was pointed out earlier, the idiotic left wing policies that would ruin the country suddenly stop being idiotic and disastrous when FF FG try and cobble a bit of an agreement to stop pretending they're any different to each other and rob these policies and swear to introduce them if we all agree to forget the last 100 years.

• Advertisement

Who is suggesting otherwise?

During the pandemic the very first measures introduced had a fairly strong left wing flavour coming of them, short term, medium term or ongoing indefinitely doesn't matter a toss.
    That's straw man as they are not economic policies
    They are a legislated response to combat a government almost full shut down to the Economy to mitigate its effects
    Effectively they are retroactive insurance
    The govt have done well in some aspects of their response to this crisis, and oddly enough both right wingers and left wingers alike will be championing the left wing response.

just as was pointed out earlier, the idiotic left wing policies that would ruin the country suddenly stop being idiotic and disastrous .
    With respect, that's laughable because if the measures taken were done if there was no pandemic, we'd be broke quickly
    Your straw man argument is epic though
    Epic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Well like yes,your mocking and sneering at people who have isolated,because they have coronavirus and developed pluericy is patethic....i have no issue owning those words??

Indeed id go as far to.call them.scumbag posts.....could likely go further and say truth,but id likely be banned

Just take a look at that posters history of posts attacking and bullying women.

He has a post saying that he and his wife are applying for a joint mortgage and I have asked him to please show his wife the bullying posts directed exclusively towards women to give her an opportunity to see what it reveals about him and she may want to re-evaluate taking such a drastic step.

Scumbags does not go far enough to describe men who prey on women who are in public life in this fashion and I have questioned the mods here last week about this particular poster but he has been allowed carry on like this and the only explanation is that it dosent seem to matter when its about SF women.

No wonder The Journal and Boards are struggling with this bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Temporary or permanent may make little difference to you - you have to take that stance to maintain a pedantic argument on an internet board - but they make a huge difference in the real world as anybody can see.

You where literally on here just days ago saying you witnessed her at an online Easter commemoration.

She withdrew from public life while also appearing in public life.

I imagine you typed out the word "disingenuous" above without a shred of irony of guilt. :D

One appearance in a month? That is your answer?

Whelo79 wrote: »

P.S. My previous response wasn't in reply to you. I know you hold the majority of posts in this thread but not every conversation is aimed at you.

Just checked, I have around one-fifth of the posts of the leading poster in this thread, who, as always, is a republican.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

blanch152 wrote: »
    Just checked, I have around one-fifth of the posts of the leading poster in this thread, who, as always, is a republican.

Have you no answer to the rest of the post, no? You just cut that out from your quoted reply. Typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Hilarious in fairness, but not in the slightest bit surprising.

There are probably Shinnerbots all over Twitter retweeting O’Broins tweet. Like the lies about the working from home allowance, the truth doesn’t matter, it is only the political impact, that has always been the way with Sinn Fein.

Hopefully the lie doesn’t end up here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Eoin tweeted this morning....

Its rather basic error...

Yea, in fairness to Eoin, he is not a qualified accountant or economist, even though he likes to pretend he is one. Much like many in SF.

Not only that, but I am also surprised he ignored the headline itself, that FF and FG are prepared to amend the constitution to try and reign in land prices.....

That IS a big deal as it is the primary reason why housing is expensive, but Eoin seems to go off on a tangent but failed utterly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement