Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hilarious in fairness, but not in the slightest bit surprising.

Facts aren't really they important in politics (or life) these days. He's got this sweet sweet likes and retweets.

It's soundbites and slogans

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

I am missing something,or is that lad replying to him,just working off made-up numbers

Rents last few years are rising at 5 to 8% not 2??...even as high as 12% per annum in areas??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I would like to know how Mary Lou got a test so fast when others are waiting ages?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I would like to know how Mary Lou got a test so fast when others are waiting ages?

ask Tubbs, Ciara Kelly or Claire Byrne.They might be able to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

How 'fast' did she get a test?

• Advertisement

Fann Linn wrote: »
    ask Tubbs, Ciara Kelly or Claire Byrne.They might be able to tell you.
    Tubs got a test????

I thought he was just ill?

So how are politicians and celebs getting tests and normal people can't?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Tubs got a test????

Are these serious questions?

Ryan Tubridy got tested live on the late late show and Mary Lou had to wait 2 weeks for test results.

Where are you seeing preferential treatment for politicians and celebrities?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Tubs got a test????

As far as I remember he got a test live on the late late show. There is zero backlog for testing. 150000 swab reagents have gone through quality control. 11500 tests done last week. Is there an issue with people getting tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Have you no answer to the rest of the post, no? You just cut that out from your quoted reply. Typical.

You made a personal comment about me that was untrue, I corrected the record, you haven't even apologised for your mistake, in fact you are doubling down on the insults, and you want me to answer the rest of your post?

Have a think about why I mightn't be bothered.

aido79 wrote: »
    Are these serious questions?

Ryan Tubridy got tested live on the late late show

Not true. He got a fake test on tv.

:rolleyes:

Mary Lou was in isolation for two weeks. It couldn't have taken her that long to get a test.

• Advertisement

joeguevara wrote: »
    As far as I remember he got a test live on the late late show. There is zero backlog for testing. 150000 swab reagents have gone through quality control. 11500 tests done last week. Is there an issue with people getting tested.
    No he didn't. :confused:

He said specifically they weren't going to waste people's time and it was a fake test.

1.16 he says he won't be wasting resources to test it.

Mary Lou got test the 28th of march.

Tubs got a test in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Mary Lou got test the 28th of march.

Tubs got a test in one day.

Are you really seeing some conspiracy theory in that :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

On SF, Pearse Doherty is good but could do with smiling a bit, Eoin Ó Broin also good but both and SF in a general way are too fond of social media and twitter in particular, Mary Lou is excellent as a party leader and TD, Louise O'Reilly I would not rate at all way too fond the sound bit.

They do have some good politicians.

For me its the followers that put me off plus the spin and social media aspect.

I wonder at what level they as a party are responsible for their supporters? some of the social media profile of some supporters is real loony stuff combined with a conspiracy about everything, full of who owns what in Ireland, who is related to who all of it incorrect. There was a sociologist who did research in to the anti vaxers and guess what they were more likely to vote SF.

So how much responsibility has any political party for the views of its supporters? and more importantly, why do they coalesce around SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Well SF do have some hard-working people in their party, I will give them that.
    They have a very small handful of politicians who you would not be scared to be around the cabinet table.
    But that is where the compliments end for me.

Their base are utterly deluded. They are the Irish version of the MAGA cap-wearing Trump supporters.
    Their online voice grossly exaggerates their actual support among the average voter.

Their policies are made up on the go. Stick the finger up in the air, see what way the populist wind is blowing and go with that.
    That is not a way to run a country. Their piss arseing around about the pension age again shows us that they are not serious to take on the hard decisions.

Of course, when it comes to results, what have SF actually done since 1998. What big policy have they enacted and pushed through in the North for example, or at local level here in the south?

Nada! Nothing..

So, as I said, some good hard working people that may fix that pothole for you, but for the big questions on the national level? Found wanting time and again as they are terrified of doing 'something' that may scare away votes, so they do what they often do best, which is nothing. If you do nothing, you can never be tagged, but of course its the cowards way out.

And they are back, peddling fake stats..

https://twitter.com/PadraigMacL/status/1251802785445806082

I suppose that's is all they are good for.
    Shooting tweets from the sidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Not true. He got a fake test on tv.

Mary Lou was in isolation for two weeks. It couldn't have taken her that long to get a test.
    But she refused to wear prison clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

markodaly wrote: »

So much for parties working together. Undermine at every opportunity. SF putting the party before the people as always

So much for parties working together. Undermine at every opportunity. SF putting the party before the people as always

Nah, sure the narrative is that they are keeping a check on power or something to that effect.
    I guess that is what anti-vaxxers tell themselves as well when they spread their dangerous lies that go on and kill people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Nah, sure the narrative is that they are keeping a check on power or something to that effect.
    I guess that is what anti-vaxxers tell themselves as well when they spread their dangerous lies that go on and kill people.

As long as SF don’t be looking for the vaccine when it arrives. Wouldn’t want to be hypocritical now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

I am missing something,or is that lad replying to him,just working off made-up numbers

Rents last few years are rising at 5 to 8% not 2??...even as high as 12% per annum in areas??

If rents are going even faster it makes it an even better deal for the state? State is locked in at 750/month in perpetuity so if it costs 1100 to HAP somewhere when prices rise the state saves 350. That's before you factor in inflation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

But the peeple voted 4 chaaaange :rolleyes: thank **** these gob****es aren’t running the country at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 55,759 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Seriously, if I hear this utter ****e about change.......

FG/FF and SF all polled similarly as regards seats

Change my arse!!! Just people voting..

walshb wrote: »

Yeah the last election results were completely and utterly insignificant and felt like all the others that have come and gone before. /rolls eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

walshb wrote: »

FYI: every vote not for the government on the day is a vote for change. That's just logic.
    I think you're confusing the electorate who didn't vote FG with SF supporters. Many non-SF supporters didn't vote FG, which includes many who voted FG the previous election.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

As long as SF don’t be looking for the vaccine when it arrives. Wouldn’t want to be hypocritical now.
    Especially if it is distributed on British Army trucks up North,

Bowie wrote: »
    FYI: every vote not for the government on the day is a vote for change. That's just logic.
    I think you're confusing the electorate who didn't vote FG with SF supporters. Many non-SF supporters didn't vote FG, which includes many who voted FG the previous election.

For 100 years we have had either a FG or a FF led govt, with the very very rare exception either one of the two needed another scapegoat to prop them up, or a govt couldn't be formed.

In 2020 even when FF and FG cobble together with each other they don't have the numbers to form a govt without roping in a scapegoat.

Add to that - FG found themselves as the third largest party as regards seats, with Sinn Fein leapfrogging them. With Leo stating fairly publicly that he and FG wanted to go into opposition as opposed to going into govt.

Yeah no change at all. Business as usual so it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

truly shameful posts on this thread,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

McMurphy wrote: »
    For 100 years we have had either a FG or a FF led govt, with the very very rare exception either one of the two needed another scapegoat to prop them up, or a govt couldn't be formed.

In 2020 even when FF and FG cobble together with each other they don't have the numbers to form a govt without roping in a scapegoat.

Add to that - FG found themselves as the third largest party as regards seats, with Sinn Fein leapfrogging them. With Leo stating fairly publicly that he and FG wanted to go into opposition as opposed to going into govt.

Yeah no change at all. Business as usual so it is.

But you must recognise the big change in circumstances since the election!
    Really unwittingly FG have found themselves at the head of probably by a mile the biggest crisis we as a country have ever faced, and they faced it, they didn't head for cover and wait till the dust settled.
    Now they and FF have cobbled together a paper ideal, which probably isnt worth the paper it's written on, but they have cobbled something they at least agree on and if they get backing a possible Govt.
    SF have had more time than FG to work out a strategy that could see them form a Govt with others but they haven't come up with anything.
    Just the usual, no it's not what's needed, we need change, people voted for change.
    I call bull**** on SF on this, let them get their arses in gear and counter this with something concrete and create the change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,759 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Bowie wrote: »

I know all this...

There was no vote for change, because the two main parties look like they will be in government.

SF just come across as whiney sore losers..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement