Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

jaysus lads - just read the last few pages. It's hilarious reading. cant help thinking of oul women with handbags having a good gossip about a neighbour they dont like. Hands down the funniest thing ive read all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

walshb wrote: »
    I know all this...

There was no vote for change, because the two main parties look like they will be in government.

SF just come across as whiney sore losers..

SF couldn’t have made a bigger mess of things since the election. Hilarious to watch! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But you must recognise the big change in circumstances since the election!
    Really unwittingly FG have found themselves at the head of probably by a mile the biggest crisis we as a country have ever faced, and they faced it, they didn't head for cover and wait till the dust settled.
    Now they and FF have cobbled together a paper ideal, which probably isnt worth the paper it's written on, but they have cobbled something they at least agree on and if they get backing a possible Govt.
    SF have had more time than FG to work out a strategy that could see them form a Govt with others but they haven't come up with anything.
    Just the usual, no it's not what's needed, we need change, people voted for change.
    I call bull**** on SF on this, let them get their arses in gear and counter this with something concrete and create the change

Actually FG had announced they relished going into opposition and knocked back FF twice....before their hand was forced to remain on longer than would likely have been the case. They faced it, so what? If Dublin Bus was in charge they would have too. You make it sound like it was 'High Noon' and Varadkar Gary Cooper ffs.
    SF, SD, Greens, Labour etc. etc. etc. DID NOT AND DO NOT HAVE THE NUMBERS.

The change I believe people are talking about is the fact that the two civil war parties combined don't have the numbers either.
    walshb wrote: »
    I know all this...

There was no vote for change, because the two main parties look like they will be in government.

SF just come across as whiney sore losers..

See above. And if you want 'whiney', plenty of FG posters and politicians to look to ;)

'We relish going into opposition' = 'I'm taking me ball an' I'm going home'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

mariaalice wrote: »
    For me its the followers that put me off plus the spin and social media aspect.

I wonder at what level they as a party are responsible for their supporters? some of the social media profile of some supporters is real loony stuff combined with a conspiracy about everything, full of who owns what in Ireland, who is related to who all of it incorrect. There was a sociologist who did research in to the anti vaxers and guess what they were more likely to vote SF.

So how much responsibility has any political party for the views of its supporters? and more importantly, why do they coalesce around SF?

https://www.sinnfein.ie/sfos

Bowie wrote: »
    Actually FG had announced they relished going into opposition and knocked back FF twice....before their hand was forced to remain on longer than would likely have been the case. They faced it, so what? If Dublin Bus was in charge they would have too. You make it sound like it was 'High Noon' and Varadkar Gary Cooper ffs.
    SF, SD, Greens, Labour etc. etc. etc. DID NOT AND DO NOT HAVE THE NUMBERS.

The change I believe people are talking about is the fact that the two civil war parties combined don't have the numbers either.

See above. And if you want 'whiney', plenty of FG posters and politicians to look to ;)

'We relish going into opposition' = 'I'm taking me ball an' I'm going home'.

They are in government.
    They are trying to form another government.
    They are handling the crisis.

What are SF doing? Sweet F all. Well apart from the usual whining. :D

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »

The digital rising...

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

They are in government.
    They are trying to form another government.
    They are handling the crisis.

What are SF doing? Sweet F all. Well apart from the usual whining. :D

Some aspects they've done ok, others not so much. 77 deaths today is on par with Italy's highest death toll in a single day.

Then there's the nursing home situation.

Don't take my word for that though.

Doctor resigns from Irish Medical Council after criticising 'mismanagement' of Covid-19 outbreak

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

McMurphy wrote: »
    Some aspects they've done ok, others not so much. 77 deaths today is on par with Italy's highest death toll in a single day.

Doctor resigns from Irish Medical Council after criticising 'mismanagement' of Covid-19 outbreak

I think they have done okay and have made made decisions that was better than a lot of other governments but it was mostly down to the experts in the background.Bad decision from Holohan on the nursing homes when they should have been locked down to visitors.

It is nothing short of what you would expect from FF sleeveens to go around behind the scenes of a pandemic to try and get themselves into government and no one should even be talking to the corrupt power hungry scumbags while this is ongoing.

Owen o Callaghan and the rest of them must be demanding their pound of flesh to be stripped again of the Irish tax payer to repay the money that was given to the likes of Michael Martin and the rest in FF for their private accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

'They are handling the crisis'

You were going well until you came out with this nonsense.
    They have made a total 'dogs dinner' of the crisis and as each day goes by we are seeing more proof of this. An absolute shambles.

P.S. For the record i'm not a 'shinner' and agree that they have been equally useless in this crisis.

tipptom wrote: »
    I think they have done okay and have made made decisions that was better than a lot of other governments but it was mostly down to the experts in the background.Bad decision from Holohan on the nursing homes when they should have been locked down to visitors.

It is nothing short of what you would expect from FF sleeveens to go around behind the scenes of a pandemic to try and get themselves into government and no one should even be talking to the corrupt power hungry scumbags while this is ongoing.

Owen o Callaghan and the rest of them must be demanding their pound of flesh to be stripped again of the Irish tax payer to repay the money that was given to the likes of Michael Martin and the rest in FF for their private accounts.

Owen O’Callaghan is dead

• Advertisement

washman3 wrote: »
    You were going well until you came out with this nonsense.
    They have made a total 'dogs dinner' of the crisis and as each day goes by we are seeing more proof of this. An absolute shambles.

P.S. For the record i'm not a 'shinner' and agree that they have been equally useless in this crisis.

Not according to the WHO.

‘On a par with Italy’s highest daily death toll’

Try and make the lie some way believable

‘On a par with Italy’s highest daily death toll’

Try and make the lie some way believable

Remind me, what was Italy's highest death toll in a single day?

Please don't do the usual and scurry off for a few days when caught out in your usual bs.

Please don't do the usual and scurry off for a few days when caught out in your usual bs.

919 deaths. On a par with the 77 in ireland in one day. :rolleyes:

919 deaths. On a par with the 77 in ireland in one day. :rolleyes:

Someone sat at the back and posted smily emoticons during the maths lessons I see.

You might want to rethink the lie comment now so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

The 77 was that not an accumulation of deaths over the past few days but when the autopsy and test just come through on that day they are counted as deaths that day ?

The 77 was that not an accumulation of deaths over the past few days but when the autopsy and test just come through on that day they are counted as deaths that day ?

Pretty sure it was deaths in one day, must check it again, but if so, then yeah puts us right on par with Italy's highest death toll in a day.

If I read it wrong, I'll gladly come back and rectify it.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0420/1132711-irish-covid-figures/

Reads to me like it's 77 alright.
    The Department of Health has announced that a further 77 people who had been diagnosed with Covid-19 have died, bringing the overall death toll in Ireland to 687.

aido79 wrote:
    March 27th 919 reported deaths. Ireland is a long way off being on par with that.

How so Aido?

Have you done the sums?

Of course it was. But that wouldn’t go with the agenda. It said on the news that those deaths occurred over a number of days.

Sad that some are wishing for numbers bigger than they are. Actually, not sad, pathetic.

Of course it was. But that wouldn’t go with the agenda. It said on the news that those deaths occurred over a number of days.

Sad that some are wishing for numbers bigger than they are. Actually, not sad, pathetic.

You're only fooling yourself.
    A further 77 people have died from coronavirus - a grim new record - and there are 401 more cases, it has emerged this evening

Stick to the smily emoticons, facts and figures don't suit obviously.

• Advertisement

You're only fooling yourself.

Stick to the smily emoticons, facts and figures don't suit obviously.

It said they happened over a number of days...

Why are wishing for higher numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Tbf I'd say the Italian ones were never for just the given day they were released either.
    At today's figures our death toll today is about a 1 in 75000 ratio, at 919 italys would be 1 in 65000 ratio.
    Not a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Isn't he that controversial GP who advocates herd immunity as a strategy?

It said they happened over a number of days...

Why are wishing for higher numbers?

I have said if I have read it wrong I would gladly rectify it, but I don't think I have.

Where did it say this btw?

Did you actually read the RTE article?

What do you think this means?

Today the largest number of deaths have been reported by the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) in a single day during the coronavirus emergency

Which firmly puts us on par with Italy's highest death toll in a single day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

How so Aido?

Have you done the sums?

No. Can you do them for me?

aido79 wrote: »
    No. Can you do them for me?

You're the one disputing my post, what are you being confused by, and why have you now deleted it?

I have said if I have read it wrong I would gladly rectify it, but I don't think I have.

Where did it say this btw?

Did you actually read the RTE article?

What do you think this means?

Which firmly puts us on par with Italy's highest death toll in a single day.

Did you actually read the RTÉ article:

‘It's important to be aware that these deaths may have occurred over recent days and are not reported in real time. They did not occur in a day. ‘

Isn't he that controversial GP who advocates herd immunity as a strategy?

Yes. Imagine the mess we’d now be in if we listened to him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

You're the one disputing my post, what are you being confused by, and why have you now deleted it?

I didn't realise you were talking about the figures as a percentage of population..if that's what you're asking for?
    I deleted the post because someone else had posted the same thing so didn't see the need for a duplicate post.

• Advertisement

aido79 wrote: »
    I didn't realise you were talking about the figures as a percentage of population..if that's what you're asking for?
    I deleted the post because someone else had posted the same thing so didn't see the need for a duplicate post.

I jumped the gun myself. Minding two smallies all day has my head fried! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement