Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

aido79 wrote: »
    I didn't realise you were talking about the figures as a percentage of population..if that's what you're asking for?

Obviously I was. Population wise, we're pretty much on par. Anyone suggesting I'm "wishing for the numbers to be higher" is just trying to point score. It's a disgusting comment to make.
    I deleted the post because someone else had posted the same thing so didn't see the need for a duplicate post.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I jumped the gun myself. Minding two smallies all day has my head fried! :D

Funnily enough I have the same excuse. Today was day 45 in isolation with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Funnily enough I have the same excuse. Today was day 45 in isolation with them.

Ouch! At least I’m still getting to hide in work!

It's a fairly conflicting report in rte, it says both that the numbers are from a single day, and they're not from a single day.

However, yesterday's death figure stood at 610.
    There have now been 610 COVID-19 related deaths in Ireland. A summary of all 610 deaths provided by the HPSC shows that;

Whereas it's now 687.

Are they saying these were earlier unreported deaths?

McMurphy wrote: »
    It's a fairly conflicting report in rte, it says both that the numbers are from a single day, and they're not from a single day.

However, yesterday's death figure stood at 610.

Whereas it's now 687.

Are they saying these were earlier unreported deaths?

How is ‘they did not occur in a day’ conflicting?

They were reported in one day. Not occurred in one day.

To be fair, you got me on the maths one. I was at the back of the class. But looks like you were sitting next to me for the comprehension lesson! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

blanch152 wrote: »
    You made a personal comment about me that was untrue, I corrected the record, you haven't even apologised for your mistake, in fact you are doubling down on the insults, and you want me to answer the rest of your post?

Have a think about why I mightn't be bothered.

Insult? By saying you have the highest post count in this thread? Sorry precious! Hahaha. Are you the second highest poster in here?

Basically you don't have an answer to the other questions and are going with a 'you hurt my feelings so I'm ignoring your question' response. Bravo!

How is ‘they did not occur in a day’ conflicting?

They were reported in one day. Not occurred in one day.

To be fair, you got me on the maths one. I was at the back of the class. But looks like you were sitting next to me for the comprehension lesson! :)

This is how it is conflicting.
    Today the largest number of deaths have been reported by the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) in a single day during the coronavirus emergency

Are they saying these were deaths not previously reported on ?

This is how it is conflicting.

Are they saying these were deaths not previously reported on ?

‘Reported(...)in a single day’

From your own quote

Ouch! At least I’m still getting to hide in work!

No such luck for me unfortunately.

‘Reported(...)in a single day’

From your own quote

So that means the numbers reported over the weekend were actually higher?

• Advertisement

So that means the numbers reported over the weekend were actually higher?

Not necessarily.

Example...If a person becomes ill with suspected covid19 they get tested but the results take 2 weeks to come back. However the person dies before the test result comes back. The date of their death will not be the same day as the date reported as a covid19 death.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Not according to the WHO.

The WHO are losing credibility by the hour and if not for the seriousness of the situation would be a total laughing stock.
    At the end of this there may be lenghty prison sentences for those at the top of this inept organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Not necessarily.

Example...If a person becomes ill with suspected covid19 they get tested but the results take 2 weeks to come back. However the person dies before the test result comes back. The date of their death will not be the same day as the date reported as a covid19 death.
    Exactly , same as reported cases . I was told I was positive yesterday but I was tested on the 26th 10 days after my initial symptoms, I got my results from the UCD lab so the official HSE ones might be in the next day or two. My positive result will go down for the day it’s confirmed even though it’s a month since I was first sick and over it by a 1/2 month. It’s the delay in confirmation, this is new to everyone involved and everyday is a learning day with this virus. Our figures would not be that bad but for the nursing homes but unfortunately that area has been a disaster and mistakes where made.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

markodaly wrote: »
    And they are back, peddling fake stats..

https://twitter.com/PadraigMacL/status/1251802785445806082

I suppose that's is all they are good for.
    Shooting tweets from the sidelines.

Eoin O’Broin has had to delete two tweets in the last 24 hours because he didn’t understand how to calculate current costs. Had it explained to him but he still didn’t get it.

Funny how the SF thread then got taken over by posts about Covid-19 numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

tipptom wrote: »
    I think they have done okay and have made made decisions that was better than a lot of other governments but it was mostly down to the experts in the background.Bad decision from Holohan on the nursing homes when they should have been locked down to visitors.

I thought one of the biggest issues were elderly residents returning to the care homes from the hospital, and some of them brought the virus with them.

Of course, things are not rosy in the North either.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/coronavirus-northern-ireland-53-care-18116064

And the UK are engaged in a lot of massaging of the figures, something I am sure SF will point out :D

Anyway, nursing homes seem to be ground zero in pretty much every country.
    Did anyone hear the story of the issue in the Montreal nursing home, that left 31 dead?

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/0418/1132381-covid-montreal-care-home/

Eoin O’Broin has had to delete two tweets in the last 24 hours because he didn’t understand how to calculate current costs. Had it explained to him but he still didn’t get it.

Well I guess its them doing something. :pac:

Like, you can give out about FF and FG but at least they are trying to form a new government...

SF had some talks with other parties for a day or so then ****ed off to the pub for the next few months.
    If SF and the Greens, Labour, SD, PBP/SOL are of the left, why have they not come togethor and form some common policy document?

Some aspects they've done ok, others not so much. 77 deaths today is on par with Italy's highest death toll in a single day.

77 deaths vs 919..... yea on par alright.

Besides, trying to make political hay or capital about people dying, is kinda sick and twisted. Its low form.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I thought one of the biggest issues were elderly residents returning to the care homes from the hospital, and some of them brought the virus with them.

Of course, things are not rosy in the North either.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/coronavirus-northern-ireland-53-care-18116064

And the UK are engaged in a lot of massaging of the figures, something I am sure SF will point out :D

Anyway, nursing homes seem to be ground zero in pretty much every country.
    Did anyone hear the story of the issue in the Montreal nursing home, that left 31 dead?
    https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/0418/1132381-covid-montreal-care-home/
    The story about the 31 dead in one nursing home in Canada.
    Are you relating that to all of the nursing homes in Ireland? Canada IIRC has a relatively low death rate from covid-19.

Besides, trying to make political hay or capital about people dying, is kinda sick and twisted. Its low form.
    I am pretty sure (althoughI haven't checked the figures, and only read these posts less than a minute ago) that the poster is comparing per head, and you should really read your previous posts.

77 deaths population of 5 million
    919 deaths population 60 million

In fact if we get 77 deaths in a single day, that would give us an even worse daily death toll than Italy has had this far.

Do the maths yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

In fact if we get 77 deaths in a single day, that would give us an even worse daily death toll than Italy has had this far.

Do the maths yourself.

I curious as to how everytime we reach a new horrible high the numbers all of a sudden are called unreliable or something else is factoring in. Surely is the 77 includes previous day data then the days before the 77 include previous day data also?

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    I curious as to how everytime we reach a new horrible high the numbers all of a sudden are called unreliable or something else is factoring in. Surely is the 77 includes previous day data then the days before the 77 include previous day data also?

New figures were released Fri, Sat and Sunday.

New figures were also released on Monday, but they are saying they were numbers reported, not that they necessarily happened in 24 hrs from what I can gather.

Which throws the other daily death reports into jeopardy too, because them 77 (if not earlier reported) have not been factored in on other days.

The 77 deaths all over the news yesterday, if they happened over a 24hr period, well them that puts us on par with the Italians on a population scale.

It was actually explained further up the thread by bishop of hope, and still the party faithfuls aren't getting it, as mark and others have done before him have just muttered something about 77 v 919

Exactly , same as reported cases . I was told I was positive yesterday but I was tested on the 26th 10 days after my initial symptoms, I got my results from the UCD lab so the official HSE ones might be in the next day or two. My positive result will go down for the day it’s confirmed even though it’s a month since I was first sick and over it by a 1/2 month. It’s the delay in confirmation, this is new to everyone involved and everyday is a learning day with this virus. Our figures would not be that bad but for the nursing homes but unfortunately that area has been a disaster and mistakes where made.

Sorry to hear that tikka, hopefully you are now over it, and didn't suffer too much with your symptoms?

My neighbour confirmed something similar to yourself - got the official test results back as positive a few weeks afterwards, he said he still had a lingering cough as the most persistent symptom.

Do the maths yourself.

You do know as has been pointed out to you that those 77 deaths did not occur in a single day. It has been pointed out to you, you have acknowledged this, yet you persist in the fear-mongering and fake facts.

My maths is fine, but your own stance in jumping on figures to make some political point truly tells us what type of person you are.

Do the maths yourself.

So even when it is pointed out to you, even when it is explained to you, you still focus on higher numbers. nice. no agenda there whatsoever :rolleyes:

You do know as has been pointed out to you that those 77 deaths did not occur in a single day. It has been pointed out to you, you have acknowledged this, yet you persist in the fear-mongering and fake facts.

My maths is fine, but your own stance in jumping on figures to make some political point truly tells us what type of person you are.

this

The 77 deaths all over the news yesterday, if they happened over a 24hr period, well them that puts us on par with the Italians on a population scale.

Yes, IF it happened, so its a good thing it didn't.

Finally got the calculator out did we, I like how the penny dropped.
    Yes, IF it happened, so its a good thing it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

But he wrote the book on housing!!

Anyway, here comes 10 more pages on how to interpret covid numbers...in a Sinn Fein thread.

But he wrote the book on housing!!

Anyway, here comes 10 more pages on how to interpret covid numbers...in a Sinn Fein thread.

If my aunt had balls she would be a 3-legged bull elephant. SF logic!

• Advertisement

If my aunt had balls she would be a 3-legged bull elephant. SF logic!

If the same aunt developed pleurisy in her lung as a result of covid 19 would she still have been expected to show her face to the public and work away from home less she be berated as not having a great work ethic is the more pertinent question though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement