Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

smurgen wrote: »
    Surrorts the party line at every stage. Minimising disasters amplifying success. Although I agree with your sentiment, these parts cheerleaders should have their membership posted on their profiles so we can discount their opinion.

So, at the end of the day, we should discount everyone's opinion?

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Good man, play dumb!

I think you are confusing me with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

markodaly wrote: »
    I think you are confusing me with someone else.

Nope, I'm not. I asked a question 5 posts prior to yours and instead of scrolling back to look at it and provide an answer you decided to ask "what question" even though I had advised you to go back a few posts to see it.

Blanch is the only one who had the ability to provide a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Surrorts the party line at every stage. Minimising disasters amplifying success. Although I agree with your sentiment, these parts cheerleaders should have their membership posted on their profiles so we can discount their opinion.

Who's We ?

Nope, I'm not. I asked a question 5 posts prior to yours and instead of scrolling back to look at it and provide an answer you decided to ask "what question" even though I had advised you to go back a few posts to see it.

Blanch is the only one who had the ability to provide a response.

So you were talking in general than. OK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Imagine if before the dust settled on an election MLMD announced she 'relished going into opposition', would that fall under 'not wanting to govern', 'wanting to be a hurler from the ditch', wanting to whinge rather than stepping up etc.? Not to mention knocking back FF on two occasions and repeating the wish to go into opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

markodaly wrote: »
    So you were talking in general than. OK.

Can you still not muster up an answer to the question, no?

Bowie wrote: »
    Imagine if before the dust settled on an election MLMD announced she 'relished going into opposition', would that fall under 'not wanting to govern', 'wanting to be a hurler from the ditch', wanting to whinge rather than stepping up etc.? Not to mention knocking back FF on two occasions and repeating the wish to go into opposition.

What's wrong with reacting to the election result in that way?
    Weren't the left wanting their own government
    Sf wanting that left government too but it lacked numbers so wanted other left parties to join them with FF but they said No way

What exactly was wrong with FG preferring opposition?

This conversation is a ring a ring a Rosie's with mis representing reality for the sake of giving out at whatever course FG took as no doubt if they came out last February all guns blazing for what they're doing now,the left would similarly complain

That much is obvious

Also obvious is the reason SF arent going into government
    The electorate didn't give a mandate for them to be there
    2 of the biggest parties campaigned to keep them out
    Mind you 2 of the 3 also campaigned to keep FG out
    Only difference is,one of them u turned on the FG question which I suppose was their decision in answer to we are where we are

Mortelaro wrote: »
    What's wrong with reacting to the election result in that way?
    Weren't the left wanting their own government
    Sf wanting that left government too but it lacked numbers so wanted other left parties to join them with FF but they said No way

What exactly was wrong with FG preferring opposition?

This conversation is a ring a ring a Rosie's with mis representing reality for the sake of giving out at whatever course FG took as no doubt if they came out last February all guns blazing for what they're doing now,the left would similarly complain

That much is obvious

Also obvious is the reason SF arent going into government
    The electorate didn't give a mandate for them to be there
    2 of the biggest parties campaigned to keep them out
    Mind you 2 of the 3 also campaigned to keep FG out
    Only difference is,one of them u turned on the FG question which I suppose was their decision in answer to we are where we are

Absolutely nothing. You are missing the irony though.
    We've people saying the above about SF for years because they were in opposition. Yet when FG come out and announce how much the relish the idea it's seemingly fine and dandy. I was all for Labour going into opposition rather than supporting FG. The opposition parties play an important role.

FYI: There are many individual politicians and parties that make up 'the left'. Unlike FF/FG who only differ as to which paymasters they look after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Can someone answer me this. What do you expect SF or any other opposition party to be doing right now? In my opinion the only three things they can do are

A) Support the current government in it's decision making

B) Put forward ideas and motions

C) Hold the current government accountable and question them on any poor decisions that have been made.

No opposition party has any powers to enact legislation, make decisions, enforce rules etc etc.

Exactly,you see post after post after post of idiots saying "whats SF doing about the crisis",where is SF during the crisis" etc etc on and on."Where is Mary Loo and why is she hiding with a head flu"? WTF?

Why would any right thinking person expect SF or FF or any of the other parties to do anything except leave it to the people in power at the moment to flatten it out with the expert advice they are recieving and anybody says anything different has an agenda.

I believe Harris should have been sacked years ago but even I think he should be left in place to deal with this.

I'm not sure any of the other party's would have done that much different had they been in power and would they have ignored the advice from the experts to do some things differently in hindsight?

• Advertisement

Absolutely nothing. You are missing the irony though.
    We've people saying the above about SF for years because they were in opposition. Yet when FG come out and announce how much the relish the idea it's seemingly fine and dandy. I was all for Labour going into opposition rather than supporting FG. The opposition parties play an important role.

FYI: There are many individual politicians and parties that make up 'the left'. Unlike FF/FG who only differ as to which paymasters they look after.

You guys need to understand irony
    SF were only ever at the races for government formation this year
    Never at any other time

44 deaths today
    ICU continues to have capacity thank God
    We are flattening that curve despite SF posters here going on with Rubbish on what yesterdays figures meant in the rush to desperately scrape the bottom of the FG hate barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Never at any other time

44 deaths today
    We are flattening that curve despite SF posters here going on with Rubbish on what yesterdays figures meant in the rush to desperately scrape the bottom of the FG hate barrel

Being upset with 77 deaths being revealed at a press release is hating Fine Gael?

Never at any other time

44 deaths today

This whole thread was set up to scrape the bottom of the barrel about SF as if they are somehow in government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

SF should be fun for the next 4-5 years.

We have to borrow 37billion this year and next yet SF will tell us austerity isnt needed.

Any sign of the private hospitals contract yet or is Leo still mulling over the details?

tipptom wrote: »
    [/B]

This whole thread was set up to scrape the bottom of the barrel about SF as if they are somehow in government.

To be fair,theres always a good bit in that particular Barrel

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

SF should be fun for the next 4-5 years.

We have to borrow 37billion this year and next yet SF will tell us austerity isnt needed.

Leo and MM declared only 4 days ago that austerity wasn't needed either. No tax increases as per their joint manifesto last weekend. Or are they just telling porkies?

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Leo and MM declared only 4 days ago that austerity wasn't needed either. No tax increases as per their joint manifesto last weekend. Or are they just telling porkies?

Can't wait to see what they do. If they pull this one off I'll be switching sides.

Any sign of the private hospitals contract yet or is Leo still mulling over the details?

I read today that private consultants were going to be down a lot
    At the rate we are going,and hopefully continue, those hospitals might not be needed
    24 to 36 hr turn around now from test to result
    Amazing amount of work going on in 6 weeks during the worlds worst and unprecedented pandemic emergency
    Fair play Ireland
    A lot to be positive about :)

Are SF still committed to their 23billion a year extra spending?

Of course FF FG are lying.

You can't tell the public the truth. They aren't mature enough to face up to the future ATM.

Austerity can come outside of personal taxes.

• Advertisement

Coveny wasnt persistently sick and didnt get pleurisy
    He was negative actually iirc
    Coronovirus is a nasty illness and worrying even in mild to moderate cases because of its unpleasantness and not knowing where it's going with you when you are sick with it
    Please behave
    Theres enough codology around here without adding to it
    To be fair,theres always a good bit in that particular Barrel

Your top response had a bit of decency in it so I think you let yourself down to "scrape the bottom of the barrel" criticising a party that have no decision making during this pandemic so why try and use them for that purpose at this time.

Mary Lou refusing to say how to pay for all this bar " we have to borrow".

Pathetic.

This is the clown that was celebrating an election victory (but still 47 seats short of power) while a pandemic was on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

They're either telling porkies, or are blindly deluded.

If we're facing into a 10% fall in the economy this year and probably the end of 2021 at the earliest before things are back to close to normal, then there's no way that Govt current spending can be maintained without widening the tax base.

Only way they can get around it is if there is a major Eurobond programme that allows borrowing to fund current expenditure. IMO the most likely Europe-wide programme will restrict Eurobonds to funding capital projects only.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭JL555

I see Mary Whinge McWhinge is back.

tipptom wrote: »
    Your top response had a bit of decency in it so I think you let yourself down to "scrape the bottom of the barrel" criticising a party that have no decision making during this pandemic so why try and use them for that purpose at this time.

Most of the criticism I've had of Sinn fein support in this thread,honestly has been to say where I think they're wrong and why
    Pages of it is pandemic related

blackwhite wrote: »

If we're facing into a 10% fall in the economy this year and probably the end of 2021 at the earliest before things are back to close to normal, then there's no way that Govt current spending can be maintained without widening the tax base.

Only way they can get around it is if there is a major Eurobond programme that allows borrowing to fund current expenditure. IMO the most likely Europe-wide programme will restrict Eurobonds to funding capital projects only.

The narrative from the EU is that borrowing billions to pay everyone wages etc so as to keep them at home to save lives is allowed
    So I'd expect no austerity in that or the drag of it for the next year,It'll be added to the national debt pile
    Once the economy gets back on track in about a year,Current budget defecit will be manageable again in jig time at projected 6 or 7% growth rates

People who get their jobs back once restrictions are lifted are not unemployed

blackwhite wrote: »

Tend to agree but properly focused they should stimulate the economy around them. There is absolutely no shortage of worthwhile capital projects. This could be the time for a massively ambitious investment in infrastructure like rail, luases, cycleways etc.

Part of the solution to housing should be to make it easier to live in places other than the Greater Dublin area and that can only be done with proper infrastructure in regional cities.

Never at any other time

44 deaths today

You guys?
    The irony stands. Making exceptions like you are would only stand if say SF said they relished going into opposition, which they didn't. So you are going on your opinion as regards any party ending up in opposition wanting to be there. That's guess work in every case, except with FG where Varadkar announced they relished it. So we only know for certain that of all parties, FG wanted to be in opposition.
    The alternative is what, parties sitting it out and not running in elections until they get the feeling they'll win? So any party not in the top one or two is running for the craic? Give over. You realise that's FG next election. But likely that'll be different because something something.

Now you're doing the FG trick of using a crisis for the betterment of FG. That's shameful. We'll see who profits off of this crisis and who pays the bill.

Lads this is FF/FG. They'll do as they like and blame Covid 19 and Brexit. Not unlike how Kenny's FG were going to put an end to cronyism, quangos and change the way we do business.

• Advertisement

You guys?
    The irony stands. Making exceptions like you are would only stand if say SF said they relished going into opposition, which they didn't. So you are going on your opinion as regards any party ending up in opposition wanting to be there.
    Nonsense
    Who pre 2020 did SF want to go into government with? Seriously
    That's guess work in every case, except with FG where Varadkar announced they relished it. So we only know for certain that of all parties, FG wanted to be in opposition.
    Lol labour chose opposition in 2016
    It's not a new stance for an incumbent
    But of course you are forgetting that FG did not close the door altogether
    The alternative is what, parties sitting it out and not running in elections until they get the feeling they'll win? So any party not in the top one or two is running for the craic? Give over. You realise that's FG next election. But likely that'll be different because something something.
    Teeee heeeee heeee heeee heeeee...
    You're amusing
    I didn't say that
    The alternative to government is opposition
    What I said was SF and the left didnt get a mandate to form a government
    Now you're doing the FG trick of using a crisis for the betterment of FG. That's shameful. We'll see who profits off of this crisis and who pays the bill.

Dont think I mentioned FG at all in that part actually
    I was just being positive
    Rather than garnishing the negativity lilies like you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement