Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

markodaly wrote: »
    They are a ****ing joke.

Peddlers of fear and fake news.
    A bit like our current minister for health with all those extra viruses he's discovered.

Or elect people who can stop global pandemics and a global financial crisis by angry tweets and some semtex.
    NI is Covid-19 free don't you know...

Or maybe elect someone who wants do things differently and who dont have once in a century collaspes every 10 years

So, tell us. How is Covid-19 the fault of FG or FF...
    Go on.

Never said it was??

But how is it anything geos wrong these 2 lead their supporters to think its a once in a century issue.....as ive said,wheter good or bad,i cant see pint in repeating mistakes of past and having these 2 fool me again

Can you gaurantee we wont suffer another financial collaspe or covid outbreak for next 90-100 years??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Or maybe elect someone who wants do things differently and who dont have once in a century collaspes every 10 years
    Or keep it on its knees so it never crashes.

Or keep it on its knees so it never crashes.

I mean like,the econmic recovery barely touched outside dublin,country was just taking off,and another 1 in a century crisis emerge

Whats point in having an econmic recovery,if those who need it most,feel it least?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So by electing someone different, we could have avoided the economic collapse brought about by Covid-19.

Now, tell us how electing anyone else could have avoided whats already occurred.

*Grabs Popcorn*

So by electing someone different, we could have avoided the economic collapse brought about by Covid-19.

Now, tell us how electing anyone else could have avoided whats already occurred.

*Grabs Popcorn*

Exect i never said this either,quite why you make things up and attribute them to someone else is a unique style of debate,and perhaps yous should reflect upon this....might lead to a more positive experience for you

But yeah,you seem to be avoiding explaing how we have had 2 once in a century events in little over a decade,nor can you give gaurantee nothing similar will happen for next 90 or so years???

But ff/fg mouthbreaters will parrot the once in a century line unquestioned.....ive been fooled enough by them in my life to not go there again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

If the pandemic happened in 2009,we all would have been goosed
    At least today its being competently managed and there are funding avenues thanks to our good paying reputation to mitigate it
    Funding avenues that I'd expect because they're availed of through no fault of our own,will be packaged away somewhere that wont affect our stimulus plans or low interest borrowing capacity on the markets ie no austerity requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mortelaro wrote: »
    If the pandemic happened in 2009,we all would have been goosed
    At least today its being competently managed and there are funding avenues thanks to our good paying reputation to mitigate it
    Funding avenues that I'd expect because they're availed of through no fault of our own,will be packaged away somewhere that wont affect our stimulus plans or low interest borrowing capacity on the markets ie no austerity requirements

Going by this thread, that's debatable.

Back then FG would have been in opposition, and presumably would have stepped up, had all the answers, cured us all, go on to lead us into years of prosperity.

That's what FG folk seem to expect from the shinners going by this thread anyway.

Also, in case you missed it, there's this gem of a post by Mark which goes on with the "what if" angle.
    If my aunt had balls she would be a 3-legged bull elephant. SF logic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Looks like SF are still there working away.

https://twitter.com/loreillysf/status/1253242593862967296?s=19

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »

Back then FG would have been in opposition, and presumably would have stepped up, had all the answers, cured us all, go on to lead us into years of prosperity.

That's what FG folk seem to expect from the shinners going by this thread anyway.
    My diagnosis
    A few mg's less a day on the hyperbole tablets

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mortelaro wrote: »
    My diagnosis
    A few mg's less a day on the hyperbole tablets

And mine = get new AAs for the sarcasm detector.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »

Also, in case you missed it, there's this gem of a post by Mark which goes on with the "what if" angle.

Just expect them to do something more constructive than putting out misinformation on tweets and other social media. Eoin O'Broin has spent more time deleting his while poor old Dessie is having to apologise for his.

For fools it is better to remain quiet rather than opening your mouth and confirming it to the world. It seems SF got tired of this after a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

smurgen wrote: »

Fergal clarified that situation a bit.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1253303900846710784

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I was pointing out the SF help .

Seemingly in the UK,there have been 40,000 offers of ppe for the NHS from private sources
    Only 2000 have been contracted so far because all offers have to be strictly vetted for quality and rightly so

I was pointing out the SF help .

Yes, they want to do more of the issue that caused a problem - private provision of PPE. Some help that is.

Again though, the truth comes out later, and the fake news is already out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Aye,and look at labour now??

Labour are fg-lite nowadays.....tbh if shinnerz cant get numbers to.form a government,then its clearly opposition for em....this is primary school stuff

But speaking of labour and using 1 of reasons to dismiss the shinnerz,what ever became of the offial IRA guns,afaik they never disbanded nor decommissioned???

It was fairly obvious from very soon after the election that they were going to be in opposition. It was very optimistic of people to think they would end up forming a government.

I have no idea what happened to the official IRA guns or what it has to do with labour.

Exect i never said this either,quite why you make things up and attribute them to someone else is a unique style of debate,and perhaps yous should reflect upon this....might lead to a more positive experience for you

But yeah,you seem to be avoiding explaing how we have had 2 once in a century events in little over a decade,nor can you give gaurantee nothing similar will happen for next 90 or so years???

But ff/fg mouthbreaters will parrot the once in a century line unquestioned.....ive been fooled enough by them in my life to not go there again

Will a SF led government be able to avoid these once in a century events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

aido79 wrote: »
    Will a SF led government be able to avoid these once in a century events?

I would hope they wouldn't use them to profit off the public, same for the more frequent 'way we do business' financial crashes.

• Advertisement

aido79 wrote: »
    It was fairly obvious from very soon after the election that they were going to be in opposition. It was very optimistic of people to think they would end up forming a government.

I have no idea what happened to the official IRA guns or what it has to do with labour.

Lord,do you really not know links between labour and official ira??

Taught this was basic stuff

Bowie wrote: »
    I would hope they wouldn't use them to profit off the public, same for the more frequent 'way we do business' financial crashes.

Profit off the public?

Do you mean like get the HSE to buy PPE from a contact of yours, like Louise O'Reilly is asking?

We had these events for reasons larger than any Irish political party can control. If this needs explaining further then I cannot help you.

Now, why you insist on going down this weird alley of yours is an even bigger mystery.

Do you need a hug and constant reassurance about the world? Half the time the world is on the verge of chaos. Not sure what this has to do with FG, FF or even SF.

By the way, SF and other parties are using that 'once in a century' line as well.

Would it be a contact of a similar nature that told Dessie Ellis some porkies about 17 dead people, something he repeated on a public forum but had to embarrassingly retract?

Maybe a 'good' republican was able to source the PPE? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Profit off the public?

Do you mean like get the HSE to buy PPE from a contact of yours, like Louise O'Reilly is asking?

No I mean like enriching themselves and vulture funds during a housing crises, Sweet deal for water meters in the throws of austerity and paying near double what the UK is for private beds off friends while HSE workers are volunteering in private facilities.

I think you'll paint yourself into a corner if we go down the contracts for pals route Blanch, especially ones at a loss to the tax payer.

Would it be a contact of a similar nature that told Dessie Ellis some porkies about 17 dead people, something he repeated on a public forum but had to embarrassingly retract?

Maybe a 'good' republican was able to source the PPE? :)

Louise O'Reilly's contact is probably Denis O'Brien nua.

Can't understand why people aren't all over complaining about her trying to get around procurement rules by getting business for her contacts.

Bowie wrote: »
    No I mean like enriching themselves .

That is a very serious accusation to accuse politicians of enriching themselves.

Do you want to do a Dessie Ellis on it and retract?

We had these events for reasons larger than any Irish political party can control. If this needs explaining further then I cannot help you.

Now, why you insist on going down this weird alley of yours is an even bigger mystery

This is not a weird alley,your free to ignore it,if you lack.capacity to understand that 2,once in century events in 12 years isnt possible....its a bullsh1t excuse,parroted by gowls and smacks of ff/fg arrogance of we know best,while running country over a cliff

Do you need a hug and constant reassurance about the world? Half the time the world is on the verge of chaos. Not sure what this has to do with FG, FF or even SF.

By the way, SF and other parties are using that 'once in a century' line as well.

They are all lying,this is 3rd coronavirus of note since 2000...how is that a once in century thing???

Mate,whats pint of supporting ff/fg if they lead to country to ruin every 10 years and blame it on once in century things???iirc ff/greens used same excuse in winter 09/10 iirc aswell,as country ground to a halt due to big freeze

FG parroted once in century excuse as water reservoirs began to run dry in summer 2018...its not mathematically possible for any human to experience once-in-century events 4 times in 12 years

This is not a weird alley,your free to ignore it,if you lack.capacity to understand that 2,once in century events in 12 years isnt possible....its a bullsh1t excuse,parroted by gowls and smacks of ff/fg arrogance of we know best,while running country over a cliff

Are global pandemics a regular thing, that occurs every few years?
    Is Covid-19 not a once in a century event, since the last comparable event was the Spanish flu of 1919-1920?
    Tell, me how are FG or FF running the country over a cliff the past few weeks?
    Do you disagree with the lockdowns?

They are all lying,this is 3rd coronavirus of note since 2000...how is that a once in century thing???

Yes, those other viruses were contained, this hasn't been, hence this event is a global pandemic.
    Mate,whats pint of supporting ff/fg if they lead to country to ruin every 10 years and blame it on once in century things???iirc ff/greens used same excuse in winter 09/10 iirc aswell,as a country ground to a halt due to big freeze

What exactly should they do differently today?
    FG parroted once in century excuse as water reservoirs began to run dry in summer 2018...its not mathematically possible for any human to experience once-in-century events 4 times in 12 years

I feel like you are losing the run of yourself and obsessing over some phrase with have been used by people from all political backgrounds.

• Advertisement

Lord,do you really not know links between labour and official ira??

Taught this was basic stuff

It's not something I know much about or am that interested in to be honest.

Feel free to teach me about it...sorry couldn't resistðŸ˜

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement