Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Bowie wrote: »
    I would hope they wouldn't use them to profit off the public, same for the more frequent 'way we do business' financial crashes.

I would hope so too but since they have never been in charge of a government there is no way of knowing if they would or not.

aido79 wrote: »
    It's not something I know much about or am that interested in to be honest.

Feel free to teach me about it...sorry couldn't resistðŸ˜

Haha its all good!!

I know its a blog,but gives some outline

https://ansionnachfionn.com/2011/08/23/the-labour-party-and-the-official-ira-they-havent-gone-away-you-know/amp/

Theres also an old pic of gilmore in a balacalva at a press conference,which i just cant find!!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭bmc58

gmisk wrote: »
    They haven't gone away you know...

This is getting boring now.SF are a force in Irish politics now and are getting stronger.Being dismissed and ignored by the "old guard" FF/FG who are selling their 100 year old principles to stay in power and exclude SF from legitimate government will end with these "elites" being decimated in the next election.How can Leo/Michael dismiss 38% of the people of Eire? Tiochaigh ar La.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    That is a very serious accusation to accuse politicians of enriching themselves.

Tell big Hughie that so. :D

Former Fine Gael councillor Hugh McElvaney found to have breached ethics laws

Former Fine Gael councillor Hugh McElvaney has been found to have breached ethics laws for public representatives, after he was recorded asking for “loads of money” in return for assistance securing planning permission for a wind farm project from Monaghan County Council.

The commission’s report, published on Tuesday, found Mr McElvaney “conflated his roles as councillor and businessman and used his position as councillor in order to promote his private interests by agreeing to provide information and assistance to the fictitious investment company in respect of the planning process in return for a financial reward”.

Hey Macarena!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

bmc58 wrote: »
    This is getting boring now.SF are a force in Irish politics now and are getting stronger.Being dismissed and ignored by the "old guard" FF/FG who are selling their 100 year old principles to stay in power and exclude SF from legitimate government will end with these "elites" being decimated in the next election.How can Leo/Michael dismiss 38% of the people of Eire? Tiochaigh ar La.

Firstly It's not 38%
    The only numbers that mean anything are elections not opinion polls
    Invariably opinion poll spikes for any party don't convert to reality
    Secondly Td's are votes from people
    The only reason SF are not in government is because more people voted for T.D's that don't want them in government than do
    It's that simple

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Lord,do you really not know links between labour and official ira??

Taught this was basic stuff
    "Taught"? Obviously you mean"thought"
    There was never a link between Labour and the Official I.R.A.

Gilmore, Rabbitte etc all left Workers Party because there was a hard core of ex Official I.R.A. people who wanted to follow strict Stalinist Centrist control of the Party and have a secret group. They formed Democratic Left but eventually saw their future in Labour and were assimilated in to it. Trying to portray the Officials as having links or control of the Labour Party is incorrect

I thought that you would know how to spell "Tiocfaidh" at this stage.

Political parties in this democracy are fully entitled to negotiate with whatever other parties that they wish. Sinn Fein refused to speak with other parties long enough to know this
    Dream on about the next election. A week is a long time in politics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭bmc58

Edgware wrote: »
    I thought that you would know how to spell "Tiocfaidh" at this stage.

Political parties in this democracy are fully entitled to negotiate with whatever other parties that they wish. Sinn Fein refused to speak with other parties long enough to know this
    Dream on about the next election. A week is a long time in politics

You sure? I thought Leo and Mickey refused to speak to Sinn Fein.
    And thanks for your correction of my spelling mistake"Tiocfaidh ar La".OK?

Gilmore, Rabbitte etc all left Democratic Left because there was a hard core of ex Official I.R.A. people who wanted to follow strict Stalinist Centrist control of the Party. Trying to portray the Officials as having links or control of the Labour Party is incorrect

You could say The workers party had a bit of a connection to the stickies though.

jmcmanus77a.jpg

And you could also say Gilmore had a bit of an auld connection to the workers party.

NWS-2014-05-27-OPI-004-31808344-I1.jpg
    I have no idea why his reasons for parting though, I don't know if you do either?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Louise O'Reilly's contact is probably Denis O'Brien nua.

Can't understand why people aren't all over complaining about her trying to get around procurement rules by getting business for her contacts.

I had to google who Louise O'Reilly was TBH :)

If O'Reilly gets a tax payer funded contract that's at a loss to the tax payer, (more expensive than if we went elswhere) and or any minister took a bribe, and/or this loss making choice of vendor was repeated numerous times in numerous areas, sure.
    That is a very serious accusation to accuse politicians of enriching themselves.

Do you want to do a Dessie Ellis on it and retract?

1 in 4 TD's are landlords. The sweet deal for Siteserv although still under investigation, was a loss for the tax payer.

now lets roll back to the initial comment:

"Will a SF led government be able to avoid these once in a century events?"
    I would hope they wouldn't use them to profit off the public, same for the more frequent 'way we do business' financial crashes.

Don't you? or is it only ever about teams? Still not sure what roll the Greens play here.

If we have a SF government I hope they don't make state level deals, with tax payer money, at a loss to the tax payer value for money wise, just to enrich themselves and others, as we've seen with FF/FG for decades, either on purpose or through incompetence.

• Advertisement

I would hope so too but since they have never been in charge of a government there is no way of knowing if they would or not.

Agreed. I did say 'hoped'. It was a hypothetical.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,636 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Mary Lou is on the late late show tomorrow night to tell us how she survived the virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Agreed. I did say 'hoped'. It was a hypothetical.

Everything about Sinn Fein being in government is hypothetical isn't it?

Gilmore, Rabbitte etc all left Democratic Left because there was a hard core of ex Official I.R.A. people who wanted to follow strict Stalinist Centrist control of the Party. Trying to portray the Officials as having links or control of the Labour Party is incorrect

Ex taniste eamonn gilmore would like yous.to think this :D

Why is it,he never refuted membership of this either btw....its generally accepted by most that him and several other previous senior labour members were at one time members of the offial ira

Now i would be a pure hypocrite,if i claimed this bothered me,that day is long since past

You sure? I thought Leo and Mickey refused to speak to Sinn Fein.
    And thanks for your correction of my spelling mistake"Tiocfaidh ar La".OK?
    Long before 2020 S.F. were refusing to talk to parties.
    Good work on the spelling.

That's how it works, until they are.
    NIMAN wrote: »
    Mary Lou is on the late late show tomorrow night to tell us how she survived the virus.

For once we might excuse a LLS host for not sitting by the leader of SF ;)

McMurphy wrote: »
    You could say The workers party had a bit of a connection to the stickies though.

jmcmanus77a.jpg

And you could also say Gilmore had a bit of an auld connection to the workers party.

NWS-2014-05-27-OPI-004-31808344-I1.jpg
    I have no idea why his reasons for parting though, I don't know if you do either?

See my edit above. The reason they left W.P was because there was a group in W.P. who wanted to maintain a separate secret group. Gilmore Rabbitte then formed Democratic Left and eventually joined Labour.
    The Lost Revolution by Brian Hanley gives a good account of all this

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

smurgen wrote: »
    Looks like SF are still there working away.

https://twitter.com/loreillysf/status/1253242593862967296?s=19

Smacks of Paddy Cosgrave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

NIMAN wrote: »

So much for not wanting to be a distraction at the time of crisis. :rolleyes:

So much for not wanting to be a distraction at the time of crisis. :rolleyes:

She was an eegit and being over cautious when her kids school had covid19 cases, and she was an eegit for withdrawing for public life when she actually had covid19 too.

It's a problem when she's making a public appearance, she's in hiding when she isn't.

Nice to see your consistency is standing by you, seeing as credibility has long since deserted you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Not really, we can see what a dog’s dinner they have made of this crisis up North with the Irish Times saying that deaths are running at 40% more than down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

McMurphy wrote: »
    She was an eegit and being over cautious when her kids school had covid19 cases, and she was an eegit for withdrawing for public life when she actually had covid19 too.

It's a problem when she's making a public appearance, she's in hiding when she isn't.

Nice to see your consistency is standing by you, seeing as credibility has long since deserted you.

Just imagine the sh1te she’ll be going on with. She really is an awful windbag. No wonder no other party wanted to deal with her. Left or right.

Just imagine the sh1te she’ll be going on with. She really is an awful windbag. No wonder no other party wanted to deal with her. Left or right.

This bolloxology has been dealt with already on the thread, ask blanch should you have any further queries on that one.

But forget that, let's deal with the contradictions in your posts, what do you want, complain about McDonald for withdrawing from public appearances because she's a head cold, (your words, not mine) or complain about her making a (very) public appearance (post covid + pleurisy as a complication of the first ailment) ?

The two complaints are like water and oil - you can't exactly mix them.

Called you out ages ago, all arse no trousers. Pick a stance and stick to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Take a drink everytime she uses an anecdote that cannot be proven in any shape or form but suits here narrative

Take two drinks for each sentence that starts with "I was talking to a ... "

In all seriousness glad to see she has recovered and hopefully it concentrates on her experience and isn't purely political.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Take a drink everytime she uses an anecdote that cannot be proven in any shape or form but suits here narrative

Take two drinks for each sentence that starts with "I was talking to a ... "
    You just bet me to that :D

FG/FF Spin - 1 shots

Vote for change - 2 shots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

If Tubs had any balls on him, which he clearly doesn't it would be two simple questions

1. Can you explain why you think you should be part of a government in Ireland when you have shown you are incapable of even running a power-sharing agreement in the North?
    2. You advertise for SFOS(SF Online Supporters), do you support the "bully boy" tactic seen all over the internet by SF supporters against other parties? (can easily find a picture of FF facebook with people calling older Irish people XYZ because they support FF)

Follow up-to number 2 when she deny's the bully boy tactics
    Could you explain why one of your politicians used those tactics on Facebook recently? Plus the constant stream of misinformation on twitter from majority of you politician? which are constantly having to delete tweets?

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    If Tubs had any balls on him, which he clearly doesn't it would be two simple questions

1. Can you explain why you think you should be part of a government in Ireland when you have shown you are incapable of even running a power-sharing agreement in the North?
    2. You advertise for SFOS(SF Online Supporters), do you support the "bully boy" tactic seen all over the internet by SF supporters against other parties? (can easily find a picture of FF facebook with people calling older Irish people XYZ because they support FF)

Follow up-to number 2 when she deny's the bully boy tactics
    Could you explain why one of your politicians used those tactics on Facebook recently? Plus the constant stream of misinformation on twitter from majority of you politician? which are constantly having to delete tweets?

Perhaps tubridy shouldnt take advice off someone who didnt think he had cv-19 and thinks its just "a bit of a PR exercise"

Your in no position to lecture anyone,hold any moral high ground or throw out baseless accusations of bullying,when you carry on,the way yous do

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Attack the post, not the poster

You had an issue since I asked about your brilliant insight into the SF health document. So the more I wind you up the better :P

Did you say you are a teacher? :eek:

Hmm....i still stand over this...it was good and several doctors stated so??
    (Quite why someone who thinks cv-19 is a pr exercise,thinks they know better than doctors is beyond me,but there we have it now)

Nah mate,not a teacher....and that post wasnt attacking you either,it highlighted hyprocrsy across several of your posts??

(Quite why your so fragile to think this is a personal attack is beyond me,but i apoligise if it upsets you)

Accusing others of bullying,for daring to hold a different view,is just an attempt at shutting down discussion as you dislike your views challenged

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Meanwhile strong hints from Eamon Ryan that the greens are going into government on morning Ireland just now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Hmm....i still stand over this...it was good and several doctors stated so??
    (Quite why someone who thinks cv-19 is a pr exercise,thinks they know better than doctors is beyond me,but there we have it now)

Nah mate,not a teacher....and that post wasnt attacking you either,it highlighted hyprocrsy across several of your posts??

(Quite why your so fragile to think this is a personal attack is beyond me,but i apoligise if it upsets you)

As I said previous, numerous time, you can ignore my posts. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement