Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    As I said previous, numerous time, you can ignore my posts. Thanks

Nah your great craic really :D

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Meanwhile strong hints from Eamon Ryan that the greens are going into government on morning Ireland just now

I didnt think he'd pull it off.......fair play

Though gonna cost em,long term imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

If Tubs had any balls on him, which he clearly doesn't it would be two simple questions

1. Can you explain why you think you should be part of a government in Ireland when you have shown you are incapable of even running a power-sharing agreement in the North?
    2. You advertise for SFOS(SF Online Supporters), do you support the "bully boy" tactic seen all over the internet by SF supporters against other parties? (can easily find a picture of FF facebook with people calling older Irish people XYZ because they support FF)

Follow up-to number 2 when she deny's the bully boy tactics
    Could you explain why one of your politicians used those tactics on Facebook recently? Plus the constant stream of misinformation on twitter from majority of you politician? which are constantly having to delete tweets?
    Wonder will he take the hostile approach with her that her took with Gerry Adams? Highly unlikely .ALL the tough questions will be avoided and it will be more propaganda i would imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Wonder will he take the hostile approach with her that her took with Gerry Adams? Highly unlikely .ALL the tough questions will be avoided and it will be more propaganda i would imagine.
    It'll be light chat about her time with COVID-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Meanwhile strong hints from Eamon Ryan that the greens are going into government on morning Ireland just now

Fairplay Eamon, all he needs now is the other members of his party to agree to him becoming a minister over everything else, and then the FFG party (as they're one singular party now) to ratify the 17 demands they set out yesterday (or the day before)

It's not a national government of unity either. Which is what he was banging on about.

New election campaign incoming, calling it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Keep up Mc
    Eamon has moved on from unity now that we're flattening the curve
    They're more interested in opportunities

McMurphy wrote: »
    Fairplay Eamon, all he needs now is the other members of his party to agree to him becoming a minister over everything else, and then the FFG party (as they're one singular party now) to ratify the 17 demands they set out yesterday (or the day before)

It's not a national government of unity either. Which is what he was banging on about.

New election campaign incoming, calling it now.

Any points you make are negated by this type of childishness.

Keep up Mc
    Eamon has moved on from unity now that we're flattening the curve
    They're more interested in opportunities

As I said - Eamon has to worry about the rest of the party sacrificing their careers in politics so Eamon can get a ministerial position. Eamon isn't the green party, Eamon is Eamon - you are failing to separate the two.
    Any points you make are negated by this type of childishness.

Um. Ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Doubt it, more of a line a
    Tubs: "Oh I was very sick"
    ML " Really Thank God you survived but I was sicker"
    Tubs" Thank God, tell us how sick"
    ML: "Very very sick, but lets talk about CHANGE" (que random placed sinners in crowd to start roaring)
    Tubs " Yes, Change what does that mean to you"
    ML " Change is what the people want" (que random placed sinners in crowd to start roaring)
    Tubs "So during your illness did you think about change"

Dribble would be the best description of what i expect

The most hard hitting question will be
    Tubs "So how did you do your shopping while sick?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

You just bet me to that :D

FG/FF Spin - 1 shots

Vote for change - 2 shots

We'll all be dead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

We'll all be dead

If you did have Covid 19, with that amount of alcohol it would have no chance of surviving!! :P:P

The greens want to get policies implemented. They don't want to sit on the fence frothing at the mouth. Leave that to SF.

As I said - Eamon has to worry about the rest of the party sacrificing their careers in politics so Eamon can get a ministerial position. Eamon isn't the green party, Eamon is Eamon - you are failing to separate the two.

you do realise that as a provisional member, you don't get a vote on this or anything for a year, so signing up 100s of shinners is a waste really

You may start lobbying Blanch instead :D

Eamon is leader of the green Party and was voted in by the party members. Can't say the same about the fish wife now....

The greens want to get policies implemented. They don't want to sit on the fence frothing at the mouth. Leave that to SF.

The greens want to get policies implemented? That's why they come up with a list of wishes that are not even remotely plausible and won't come within an asses roar of being implemented.

There's s thread about their impossible wishlist on this very forum - read up on it before spouting the above nonsense.

The Greens can say "we tried" knowing full well they're asking the impossible, then FFG will have to try codding someone else to be their patsy, and when they realise the rest of them aren't schmucks either it'll be back to the polls or a national government of unity.

You read it here first.

you do realise that as a provisional member, you don't get a vote on this or anything for a year, so signing up 100s of shinners is a waste really

You may start lobbying Blanch instead :D

You might want to run this past me again, as it makes zero sense to me - provisional member of what ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Doubt it, more of a line a
    Tubs: "Oh I was very sick"
    ML " Really Thank God you survived but I was sicker"
    Tubs" Thank God, tell us how sick"
    ML: "Very very sick, but lets talk about CHANGE" (que random placed sinners in crowd to start roaring)
    Tubs " Yes, Change what does that mean to you"
    ML " Change is what the people want" (que random placed sinners in crowd to start roaring)
    Tubs "So during your illness did you think about cha

Dribble would be the best description of what i expect

The most hard hitting question will be
    Tubs "So how did you do your shopping while sick?"

Or

Hows the old Operation Transformation going? How much did you put on last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

The greens want to get policies implemented? That's why they come up with a list of wishes that are not even remotely plausible and won't come within an asses roar of being implemented.

There's s thread about their impossible wishlist on this very forum - read up on it before spouting the above nonsense.

The Greens can say "we tried" knowing full well they're asking the impossible, then FFG will have to try codding someone else to be their patsy, and when they realise the rest of them aren't schmucks either it'll be back to the polls or a national government of unity.

You read it here first.

You might want to run this past me again, as it makes zero sense to me - provisional member of what ?
    Wonder what low hanging fruit that he might be able to squeeze in. He has obviously been promised something.

Wonder what low hanging fruit that he might be able to squeeze in. He has obviously been promised something.

I agree - but as I already said Eamon isn't the green party, Eamon as the leader has to convince the rest of them to go along with potential political annihilation for something he has been promised, ie they get shafted so he can be a minister?

Not going to be convinced myself.

It'll be back to the polls or a national government of unity.

Also where the hell are FF atm? Practically zero from Michaél as past days - are they happy enough to be seen as letting the tail wag the dog?

Ok new green members are provisional for 12 months
    So you can't sign up and vote no (or yes)
    If its agreed, it will be implemented over a 5 year term and I'd expect the protest vote to shrink
    You don't seem to get the greens at all
    They go for policy implementation by whatever means available
    They are principled in that regard
    If they can get agreement

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ok new green members are provisional for 12 months
    So you can't sign up and vote no (or yes)

If its agreed, it will be implemented over a 5 year term and I'd expect the protest vote to shrink
    You don't seem to get the greens at all
    They go for policy implementation by whatever means available
    They are principled in that regard
    If they can get agreement

The concept of the Greens actually being more interested in policy implementation than their future electoral prospects is beyond the comprehension of any of the posters around here who support Sinn Fein.

However, that is the case. I know from talking to a recent Green candidate who wasn't elected that they are seriously worried that it would be too late in five years time to bring about the change required if they don't go in now.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    The concept of the Greens actually being more interested in policy implementation than their future electoral prospects is beyond the comprehension of any of the posters around here who support Sinn Fein.

However, that is the case. I know from talking to a recent Green candidate who wasn't elected that they are seriously worried that it would be too late in five years time to bring about the change required if they don't go in now.

If greens are building an organisation/movement,how can it ever progress to next level if it lets itself periodically be wiped out to rubberstamp ff/fg decisions??

They arent going to implement a green agenda,only fill em with compliments and sh1te and promise of someday doing it,this will end in tears and greens tearing emselves apart imo

What 5 green party policies will be enacted in next 6 to 12 months,this is surely a reasonable barometer to measure off??

Id like to be wrong,but i think varadkar is much more astute than eamonn ryan and will eat him alive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Not really, we can see what a dog’s dinner they have made of this crisis up North with the Irish Times saying that deaths are running at 40% more than down here.

That's true but they'll always have the DUP to blame in the north. It's always someone else's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Well then we are doomed because Ireland is a droplet in terms of the global population.

I don't think most people who take these lines actually believe it, you know how it's obvious, they never talk about implementing infrastructure and policies to help us survive as a society the changes that are coming in the next number of years.
    If you genuinely think it's rolling down the line soon your not going to want a foreign aid budget (unless it's tied to reducing population) your going to want to be building geothermal and nuclear that can operate in very bad weather, your going to want to start building serious coastal defences now, your going to want to start looking at GMO crops and a complete change in farming practices for when Irelands weather becomes more like Ontario/up-state New York.

Climate change is real but if it's genuinely coming down the line as fast as they say we shouldn't be pissing about around the edges as Ireland is legitimately too small to make a difference, we should be looking to survive it as a 1st world country. Green types never follow through with their own predictions logical conclusions

If greens are building an organisation/movement,how can it ever progress to next level if it lets itself periodically be wiped out to rubberstamp ff/fg decisions??

They arent going to implement a green agenda,only fill em with compliments and sh1te and promise of someday doing it,this will end in tears and greens tearing emselves apart imo

What 5 green party policies will be enacted in next 6 to 12 months,this is surely a reasonable barometer to measure off??

Id like to be wrong,but i think varadkar is much more astute than eamonn ryan and will eat him alive

From a Green perspective, given the opposition to a carbon tax from the likes of Sinn Fein and PBP, as well as the nuttiness of some of the rural independents, FF and FG offer the best route to getting their policies implemented.

Again though, in talking about building an organisation to "progress to next level", you are showing that you have little understanding of what the Greens are about. Progressing to the next level isn't their objective, saving the planet through policy implementation is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

aido79 wrote: »
    That's true but they'll always have the DUP to blame in the north. It's always someone else's fault.

That’s true of any party to be fair. In the north as well you have the British give to blame who in this crisis thus far have been a mess.

Well then we are doomed because Ireland is a droplet in terms of the global population.

I don't think most people who take these lines actually believe it, you know how it's obvious, they never talk about implementing infrastructure and policies to help us survive as a society the changes that are coming in the next number of years.
    If you genuinely think it's rolling down the line soon your not going to want a foreign aid budget (unless it's tied to reducing population) your going to want to be building geothermal and nuclear that can operate in very bad weather, your going to want to start building serious coastal defences now, your going to want to start looking at GMO crops and a complete change in farming practices for when Irelands weather becomes more like Ontario/up-state New York.

Climate change is real but if it's genuinely coming down the line as fast as they say we shouldn't be pissing about around the edges as Ireland is legitimately too small to make a difference, we should be looking to survive it as a 1st world country. Green types never follow through with their own predictions logical conclusions

It is not the case that climate change is coming fast, it is more that it is like a large ship heading for an iceberg, the earlier you turn away from it, the easier it is.

It is not the case that climate change is coming fast, it is more that it is like a large ship heading for an iceberg, the earlier you turn away from it, the easier it is.

Wonder if anyone will ask Eamon how he felt when the news broke that leo interfered in the planning application for a wind farm so as Donald Trump's business investment wouldn't suffer.

From a Green perspective, given the opposition to a carbon tax from the likes of Sinn Fein and PBP, as well as the nuttiness of some of the rural independents, FF and FG offer the best route to getting their policies implemented.

Again though, in talking about building an organisation to "progress to next level", you are showing that you have little understanding of what the Greens are about. Progressing to the next level isn't their objective, saving the planet through policy implementation is.

Greens havnt even concensus in their own party about carbon taxes??

Sticking a 5er on a bag of coal or cutting suckler numbers isnt going to save the planet :pac:

They are completly silent,particularly eamonn ryan about the widespread flaunting of nitrates and slurry spreading rule.....the rivers suir,nore and barrow (essentially glanbia hinterland) are up 80% in traces of nitorgen in last 5 years since abloshlion of milk quotas

Of 35 iirc water schemes tested in donegal late 2018....every single one tested above limits for MCPA

The list of damage we are doing to ireland that can be fixed is v.long....our carbon emissions if reduced to zero,would be wiped in a month by chinese increases

Whats point in saving planet if.they are just going to help ff/fg poision it and every river here??

Wonder if anyone will ask Eamon how he felt when the news broke they leo interfered in the planning application for a wind farm so as Donald Trump's business investment wouldn't suffer.

And how in 1823 Baron Sheckleton had a lettuce grower imprisoned
    Or that the seeds have sold out in shankhill as an FG supporter bought more than his fair share
    Or that the hens in ballyferriter in 82 may have ate something genetically modified that blew in from Leo's great uncles garden in India on a strong easterly once

Yes many important questions from people that just don't get the greens..

• Advertisement

Whats point in saving planet if.they are just going to help ff/fg poision it and every river here??

Are you an organic farmer?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement