Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Are you an organic farmer?

Not at all,but i obey rules (be also well below my nitrate limits too)

Land saturated this year and i could hear lads out in middle of night spreading slurry weeks before opening date

If you spread slurry,the night before 35mm of rain forecast onto already saturated land,you dont have to be member of mensa to know where its going to end up??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

And how in 1823 Baron Sheckleton had a lettuce grower imprisoned
    Or that the seeds have sold out in shankhill as an FG supporter bought more than his fair share
    Or that the hens in ballyferriter in 82 may have ate something genetically modified that blew in from Leo's great uncles garden in India on a strong easterly once

Yes many important questions from people that just don't get the greens..

Hehe no need to go back to the 1800s, nine years would be grand, someone could also ask Leo if he's ready to put Delaney back in charge of the FAI if he's done a deal with Michaél and making it possible for him to become Taoiseach. :D

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1224826375355367431?s=19

McMurphy wrote: »
    I agree - but as I already said Eamon isn't the green party, Eamon as the leader has to convince the rest of them to go along with potential political annihilation for something he has been promised, ie they get shafted so he can be a minister?

Not going to be convinced myself.

It'll be back to the polls or a national government of unity.

Also where the hell are FF atm? Practically zero from Michaél as past days - are they happy enough to be seen as letting the tail wag the dog?

FF know that they cannot compete with FG, who are doing a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

I agree - but as I already said Eamon isn't the green party, Eamon as the leader has to convince the rest of them to go along with potential political annihilation for something he has been promised, ie they get shafted so he can be a minister?

Not going to be convinced myself.

It'll be back to the polls or a national government of unity.

Also where the hell are FF atm? Practically zero from Michaél as past days - are they happy enough to be seen as letting the tail wag the dog?
    Lot of rumbles that all is not well in the green camp .FF needed a fresh face in there, a lot of their younger members doing great work in their respected areas but they are a long way off even becoming TD's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Not at all,but i obey rules (be also well below my nitrate limits too)

Land saturated this year and i could hear lads out in middle of night spreading slurry weeks before opening date

If you spread slurry,the night before 35mm of rain forecast onto already saturated land,you dont have to be member of mensa to know where its going to end up??

If you arent an organic farmer then as a SF supporter you are also contributing to nitrates
    You are contributing anyway but it's not fair to attack non Sinn fein farmers

Aswell as that,its shaky ground given where the by product of diesel laundering ends up

• Advertisement

Hehe no need to go back to the 1800s, nine years would be grand, someone could also ask Leo if he's ready to put Delaney back in charge of the FAI if he's done a deal with Michaél and making it possible for him to become Taoiseach. :D

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1224826375355367431?s=19

Unless it was with FG oversight
    Do you not believe in rehabilitation of politicians at all at all ;)

FF know that they cannot compete with FG, who are doing a great job.

Please elaborate on this.
    Lot of rumbles that all is not well in the green camp .FF needed a fresh face in there, a lot of their younger members doing great work in their respected areas but they are a long way off even becoming TD's.

Hearing something similar, I know the green party candidate in this area (failed to get elected) and I don't think they're too united as a party at present, watch this space greens in a FFG coalition govt ain't going to happen.

A new election later in the year or national government is what's going to happen.

Whether the electorate will thank FFG for dragging this charade out during a "once in a lifetime" pandemic remains to be seen.

If you arent an organic farmer then as a SF supporter you are also contributing to nitrates

Aswell as that,its shaky ground given where the by product of diesel laundering ends up

Never said i wasnt,but i am upto 30% under my designated limits....i dont have to rent land on paper to enable me to lash out fertilizer/slurry at home....in theory i could take in slurry etc,but imo my land isnt suitable alot of year for it

As for diesl laundering,im suprised the state deosnt just wipe it and smuggling out overnight by tightening up cross-border VAT rules even just on fuel??

Unless it was with FG oversight
    Do you not believe in rehabilitation of politicians at all at all ;)

Let's recap so, FF wrecked the economy back in the late 00s, were decimated at the polls, FG came along (but needed labour as they didn't have the numbers themselves) got 5 years governance , lost the next election campaign, could only govern with FFs permission, and now find themselves as the having the 3rd highest number of seats, after FF and Sinn Féin, and now FF are ok to handle the economy again but only if FG become their lackeys?

Oh my how the mighty have fallen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Let's recap so, FF wrecked the economy back in the late 00s, were decimated at the polls, FG came along (but needed labour as they didn't have the numbers themselves) got 5 years governance , lost the next election campaign, could only govern with FFs permission, and now find themselves as the having the 3rd highest number of seats, after FF and Sinn Féin, and now FF are ok to handle the economy again but only if FG become their lackeys?

I think people taking out 100% mortgages on houses they could never afford. Or building mansions in the middle of nowhere was part of the problem as well......

As I said before, it didnt matter which party was in power at the disaster, none of them knew what was coming. If so we would of had loads of discussions in the Dail.

No point talking about the disaster after it happened

Even today you have people complaining that they cant get a 100% mortgage anymore,.....government cant stop stupidity!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

And yet your shower still can’t get within an ass’s roar of government. I suppose ye would have to want to... hilarious :D

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I think people taking out 100% mortgages on houses they could never afford. Or building mansions in the middle of nowhere was part of the problem as well......

As I said before, it didnt matter which party was in power at the disaster, none of them knew what was coming. If so we would of had loads of discussions in the Dail.

No point talking about the disaster after it happened

Even today you have people complaining that they cant get a 100% mortgage anymore,.....government cant stop stupidity!!!

I agree with you, Ireland's plight wouldn't have been any different had FG had been in power at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

S.F.s pals were always interested in using fertiliser

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Please elaborate on this.

Hearing something similar, I know the green party candidate in this area (failed to get elected) and I don't think they're too united as a party at present, watch this space greens in a FFG coalition govt ain't going to happen.

A new election later in the year or national government is what's going to happen.

Whether the electorate will thank FFG for dragging this charade out during a "once in a lifetime" pandemic remains to be seen.

I have said all along that it would be a challenge to get the required two-thirds majority of members.

However, it is much better to be a party going into an election having made a genuine attempt to form a government rather than one that made a song and dance about it and couldn't get an agreement with anyone.

And remind me again who is in government? Or who is close to forming a government?

In those ebbs and flows,you forgot Sinn Féins 'excellent ' council elections less than a year ago...

blanch152 wrote: »
    I have said all along that it would be a challenge to get the required two-thirds majority of members.

However, it is much better to be a party going into an election having made a genuine attempt to form a government rather than one that made a song and dance about it and couldn't get an agreement with anyone.

You also said the best place for fg was opposition.

In those ebbs and flows,you forgot Sinn Féins 'excellent ' council elections less than a year ago...

Well, not really.

I still have the "council elections are irrelevant" chants ringing in my ear from FG folk when they lost so many seats from the one before that.

Therefore, didn't think it worth mentioning.

You also said the best place for fg was opposition.

If I was a FG supporter, I would be screaming for them to go into opposition. Let the others sort this out would be my view. I also think that would benefit them in the longer run and they would be by far the biggest party after the next election, whenever that was.

But I am not, I am a Green voter, and want them in government with parties that actually know how to govern, Fine Gael and Labour would be my choices to go into government with the Greens, that isn't possible so holding the nose with FF is the next best option.

And remind me again who is in government? Or who is close to forming a government?

FG are there in a caretaker capacity, and if you have some evidence that they're any closer to reeling in a patsy to get a new one established, throw the link up.

There'll be a new election or a national government of unity, either or won't sit comfortably with Leo, that's something I can tell you for free.

• Advertisement

If I was a FG supporter, I would be screaming for them to go into opposition. Let the others sort this out would be my view. I also think that would benefit them in the longer run and they would be by far the biggest party after the next election, whenever that was.

But I am not, I am a Green voter, and want them in government with parties that actually know how to govern, Fine Gael and Labour would be my choices to go into government with the Greens, that isn't possible so holding the nose with FF is the next best option.

No one party will ever get their own way without an overall majority. So then its up to them to get the best out of negotiations. Waiting for the next election wont necessarily work out.

FG are there in a caretaker capacity, and if you have some evidence that they're any closer to reeling in a patsy to get a new one established, throw the link up.

There'll be a new election or a national government of unity, either or won't sit comfortably with Leo, that's something I can tell you for free.
    You really believe that?

Edgware wrote: »
    You really believe that?

The alternative doesn't look too be a runner, don't think even blanch thinks the greens will get a deal over the line.

Labour or the socdems don't appear to be having any interest in it either, so my predicament seems to be the only other possibility left for them.

Labour got shafted last time with FG. The greens got shafted by FF, The SocDems looking at labour and the greens probably feel they're too fresh to scupper the seat gains they had in the last election - fresh election might bring even more seats for them, they could further establish themselves and then consider being a prop.

So yes, definitely feel there's more chance of a fresh election or a national government than a FFG + smaller party and a handful of independents.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I agree with you, Ireland's plight wouldn't have been any different had FG had been in power at the time.

Another silly comment. All the parties, including SF had reprensetatives in the Dail and not a whisper out of any of them.....

The laughable part is people still blaming a political party for their own stupidity. Its always someone elses fault,

You would think they would learn, but I seen a comment from someone that it is great with this virus they will lower the deposit requirements to buy a house

Idiots never learn.....doesn't matter which politician is in power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭bmc58

aido79 wrote: »
    That's true but they'll always have the DUP to blame in the north. It's always someone else's fault.

The DUP are quite adept at blaming others when it suits them.Balance is needed in this one sided discussion I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

aido79 wrote: »
    That's true but they'll always have the DUP to blame in the north. It's always someone else's fault.

It's not really. This comes up time and again from the same chancers trying to protect FG. If SF are in charge, did anybody tell the DUP and Westminister?
    The only genuine way to criticise SF up north is to see the results of any policies they backed, but hey why bother when you can talk ****e?
    How SF in another jurisdiction, power sharing while overseen by westminister is comparable to FF/FG shenanigans in the Republic I don't know.

Greens havnt even concensus in their own party about carbon taxes??

Sticking a 5er on a bag of coal or cutting suckler numbers isnt going to save the planet :pac:

They are completly silent,particularly eamonn ryan about the widespread flaunting of nitrates and slurry spreading rule.....the rivers suir,nore and barrow (essentially glanbia hinterland) are up 80% in traces of nitorgen in last 5 years since abloshlion of milk quotas

Of 35 iirc water schemes tested in donegal late 2018....every single one tested above limits for MCPA

The list of damage we are doing to ireland that can be fixed is v.long....our carbon emissions if reduced to zero,would be wiped in a month by chinese increases

Whats point in saving planet if.they are just going to help ff/fg poision it and every river here??

Also FF/FG will spend any monies on Horse racing or another wing for the NCH.

The alternative doesn't look too be a runner, don't think even blanch thinks the greens will get a deal over the line.

Labour or the socdems don't appear to be having any interest in it either, so my predicament seems to be the only other possibility left for them.

Labour got shafted last time with FG. The greens got shafted by FF, The SocDems looking at labour and the greens probably feel they're too fresh to scupper the seat gains they had in the last election - fresh election might bring even more seats for them, they could further establish themselves and then consider being a prop.

So yes, definitely feel there's more chance of a fresh election or a national government than a FFG + smaller party and a handful of independents.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

I just can't see the "senior hurlers" letting power slip away by having an election that wouldnt solve anything anyway. There are still enough deputies there that wont welcome an election.
    If Fianna Fail have to sacrifice Martin to open negotiations with Sinn Fein they will do so.
    FF SF SDs and Lab. or like minded Independents could still do it.
    All that ****e talk about Army Council control etc would be put away.
    I dont believe S.F. would welcome an election above getting a chance of power

• Registered Users Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭threeball

Edgware wrote: »
    I just can't see the "senior hurlers" letting power slip away by having an election that wouldnt solve anything anyway. There are still enough deputies there that wont welcome an election.
    If Fianna Fail have to sacrifice Martin to open negotiations with Sinn Fein they will do so.
    FF SF SDs and Lab. or like minded Independents could still do it.
    All that ****e talk about Army Council control etc would be put away.
    I dont believe S.F. would welcome an election above getting a chance of power

I don't think theres enough FF'ers on side to contemplate going in to government with SF. It would be a better scenario for FG, that is for certain.

• Advertisement

I don't know. I'd say the 'all in this together' feelgood factor is slipping away, hurried by the photo ops, gaffes and choice of private bed vendors.
    SF are headed for the opposition unless there's another election so I think that's their only chance. However the Greens will be signing up to FF/FG any minute now. They already said the list was more wish than red line. Any Green type person's best hope is FF/FG stealing their ideas, but that will only happen is the right people can make money off them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement