Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

Edgware wrote: »
    As soon as Covid19 hit all election promises went out the window, all pre election promises about not negotiating with this or that group went out the window. All the parties know that and now we have an opportunity to start afresh.

Certain levels in FF want nothing to do with SF and vice versa. Then the same could be said about the relationship between a lot of the other groupings. I feel that when push comes to shove FF would be acceptable to most of the others than FG.

If FF FG and the Greens cant agree a programme then Martin will have no choice to talk S.F.
    "in the national interest, difficult times, uncharted waters bull **** bull ****, avoid an
    election etc"

Likewise McDonald will state the same " country wants change, FG Thatchetite austerity etc"
    Throw in Soc Dems and/or the Rural Alliance. No hassle about introducing Green Party policies etc. This game could run for a while yet.

Shinners wouldn’t be too bad for some in FF ,to the centrist and centre left elements of the party (There are a few )but the some key reasons why FF would be reluctant is that

(A) to them, SF policy is more headbanger stuff , even if FF themselves are a populist party
    B) be hard for FF to put a muzzle on sf leaders and especially their supporters, some of whom behave like utter knackers at polling station during elections
    C) SF definitely are digging into the same voting pool that FF attract, especially the youth. Have little time for SF but they have done well to attract the younger members , just SF are always likely to self explode as they lost many members hand over fist during 2012-2019

Everyone knows, don’t ask what a political party would do for you, ask what you would do for the political party

Either way, it would hard to stomach the treachery of officially joining forces with Fine Gael. It would surpass the treachery of joining forces with the PD’s. The greats of De Valera, Lemass ,Haughey (cough) must be spinning in their grave ,god rest their soul. Martin Ought to be taken to mBeal na Blath and shot .

Not to for the first time, a Cork man or woman acts the Judas or shows weakness

:D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

If iirc fg and labour once released what was effectively a joint manifesto (2011 or 2015,not sure)

Mate your claiming black is white saying he would go in with SF,when ive shown yous he said exact opposite??

Like if your going to lie,at least dont make it so easy to disprove :pac:

Jesus that was embarassingly bad

Cosgrave’s FG and Cornish Labour ,explicitly joined forces ,an election pact in the early 1970s . Yep 2011 was a cosy little deal, Pat Rabbitte was wasn’t leader of labour by then was often seen as FG lite

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Cosgrave’s FG and Cornish Labour ,explicitly joined forces ,an election pact in the early 1970s . Yep 2011 was a cosy little deal, Pat Rabbitte was wasn’t leader of labour by then was often seen as FG lite

Pat wasn't the leader of labour ever, are you mixing him up with Gilmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

McMurphy wrote: »
    Pat wasn't the leader of labour ever, are you mixing him up with Gilmore?

Actually he was, he was elected Labour leader in 2002

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Imagine a party that voted on who the leader will be.

• Advertisement

My bad, just checked that, I was living in Australia for much of the time he was their leader and had little to no interest in politics at that age, but that's my one thing new learned for today!

Imagine a party that voted on who the leader will be.

Yawn, are you going to just blindly repeat the same shyte over and over again, no matter how many times you are called out?

It's a brief respite from the "fish wife" bolloxology though.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

Not even in the same ball park as laughing at victims of IRA violence.

Yawn, are you going to just blindly repeat the same shyte over and over again, no matter how many times you are called out?

Don’t be so precious.
    SF don’t do democracy when it comes to leadership. Slab needs to give the nod. That’s how the fish wife got the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Shinners wouldn’t be too bad for some in FF ,to the centrist and centre left elements of the party (There are a few )but the some key reasons why FF would be reluctant is that

(A) to them, SF policy is more headbanger stuff , even if FF themselves are a populist party
    B) be hard for FF to put a muzzle on sf leaders and especially their supporters, some of whom behave like utter knackers at polling station during elections
    C) SF definitely are digging into the same voting pool that FF attract, especially the youth. Have little time for SF but they have done well to attract the younger members , just SF are always likely to self explode as they lost many members hand over fist during 2012-2019

Everyone knows, don’t ask what a political party would do for you, ask what you would do for the political party

Either way, it would hard to stomach the treachery of officially joining forces with Fine Gael. It would surpass the treachery of joining forces with the PD’s. The greats of De Valera, Lemass ,Haughey (cough) must be spinning in their grave ,god rest their soul. Martin Ought to be taken to mBeal na Blath and shot .

Not to for the first time, a Cork man or woman acts the Judas or shows weakness

:D:rolleyes:

Leave Roy Keane out of it

• Advertisement

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Not even in the same ball park as laughing at victims of IRA violence.

Who was, or is that just a lame excuse to both shoehorn in a ra reference? Ie more bolloxology?
    Don’t be so precious.
    SF don’t do democracy when it comes to leadership. Slab needs to give the nod. That’s how the fish wife got the job.

The following is going to show you how you're clearly of little other use than posting one liners, which obviously sound funnier in your head than they do when they're actually posted.

Firstly, if you're implying there's no voting process within Sinn Feins various roles within its hierarchy, you are talking through your hoop, but I'll let you continue to do that as it completes the all arse no trousers persona.

Secondly, if you want to discuss democracy and leadership, could you please explain to me why Leo got the FG leadership gig, despite Coveney getting more than double the votes Leo got from fellow party members?

Doesn't sound very democratic to me, but you carry on spouting your bolloxology anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Don’t be so precious.

Leadership and democracy? Like 15 count Lieo inviting everyone and their dog into the fold as Taoiseach?he wasn’t even democratically voted into the office as Taoiseach himself.

smurgen wrote: »
    Leadership and democracy? Like 15 count Lieo inviting everyone and their dog into the fold as Taoiseach?he wasn’t even democratically voted into the office as Taoiseach himself.

We are discussing SF. Try and keep up (clue is in the thread title)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

We are discussing SF. Try and keep up (clue is in the thread title)

Ah sure if it's just about the thread title we can close it now. Sure SF are all over the place.

We are discussing SF.

Which has brought us on to discussing their leadership, and how you believe they're not democratically elected.

The discussion has moved on to discussing the actual Taoiseach of the country, and if you believe him getting the leadership of FG, despite only getting half the vote Coveney did was democratic or do you have a forked tongue?

Painted yourself into a bit of a corner now chief.

Which has brought us on to discussing their leadership, and how you believe they're not democratically elected.

The discussion has moved on to discussing the actual Taoiseach of the country, and if you believe him getting the leadership of FG, despite only getting half the vote Coveney did was democratic or do you have a forked tongue?

Whataboutery never painted anyone into a corner. Pathetic attempt. Try harder

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

S.F. are making a big thing of a person getting in on the first count but fail to mention theres only one S.F. candidate in the race. Look at O Laoire in Cork. SF got 14000 approx No 1s.
    FF, Martin and McGrath got 20000 combined. Coveney F G 9000 approx.
    Will O Laoire be brave enough to have a running mate next time? Two chances of that.
    Its seats that count at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Well that's a lie.

If we're going down that route can you show the results of the democratically voted in Mary Lou as SF leader.

Looking online but can't find the results.

Over to you....

Whataboutery never painted anyone into a corner. Pathetic attempt. Try harder

This is the problem with being all arse no trousers, in an rush to post quirky soundbites - don't think far enough in front of yourself to think if it's going to bite you on the hole.

So, having called you out on how the shinners do indeed have leadership elections, you go on to trumpet about a democratic selections.

When that is called out, it's whatabouting.

You haven't a bulls arse notion about what you're posting, that's all arse, no trousers.

Carry on. :D

Can you put up a link of Mary Lous democratic vote to be leader of SF?

Numbers for and against?

Can't find it anywhere.

I'm sure you will have it off hand.

Thanks.

• Advertisement

This is the problem with being all arse no trousers, in an rush to post quirky soundbites - don't think far enough in front of yourself to think if it's going to bite you on the hole.

So, having called you out on how the shinners do indeed have leadership elections, you go on to trumpet about a democratic selections.

When that is called out, it's whatabouting.

You haven't a bulls arse notion about what you're posting, that's all arse, no trousers.

Carry on. :D

I'm here now.

And I'd like to see these leadership election results.

Thanks.

Well that's a lie.

If we're going down that route can you show the results of the democratically voted in Mary Lou as SF leader.

Looking online but can't find the results.

Over to you....

You're on these boards long enough to know fine well that she was the sole nominee for Adams replacement.

You're on these boards long enough to know fine well that she was the sole nominee for Adams replacement.

Democracy at work.

Thanks for answering and not hiding.

Appreciated.

Democracy at work.

Thanks for answering and not hiding.

Appreciated.

Are you suggesting that the shinners do not hold democratic election processes for certain positions, or are you just blindly following the narrative and repeating something without thinking?

If you believe that, I have some magic beans you might be interested in.

Don't make me make you look a complete tool on your first day back Jingle, think man, think.

Are you suggesting that the shinners do not hold democratic election processes for certain positions, or are you just blindly following the narrative and repeating something without thinking?

Don't make me make you look a complete tool on your first day back wheelie bin, think man, think.

Well show me the link comrade and noone will look like a fool.

Over to you Johnny dogs.

Well show me the link comrade and noone will look like a fool.

Over to you Johnny dogs.

(Edit sorry I actually genuinely called you by your old name by mistake, sorry about that, genuinely sorry)

What link are you asking me to provide?

I'll ask again, are you suggesting that Sinn Fein do not hold democratic election processes for roles within its leadership ranks?

Yes or no?

Don't make me make you look a complete tool on your first day back Jingle, think man, think.

‘For certain positions’ :D

‘For certain positions’ :D

Stop embarrassing yourself, have some self awareness please.

Stop embarrassing yourself, have some self awareness please.

Why was the fish wife the only nominee?

• Advertisement

Why was the fish wife the only nominee?

Just a hunch, perhaps others didn't think they'd do a better job than McDonald would.

Going by the last election, I'd say that they might be happy enough that they decided not to contest now.

Don't think fg will be saying that among themselves, Leo was responsible for them being relegated to 3rd party, their biggest seat loss ever if memory serves me correctly.

But enough with the deflection, you're the one initially making the claim that they don't hold votes to select the leaders. You've been called out - again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement