Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,789 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Aye,gives SF new TDs great cover politically too,as any time they fcuk up,cullinane will be wheeled out to distract and set off outrage culture among those who would never vote SF

The man apoligised,so he cant,nor should he do anymore to appease irrational people,who cant accept that.....

It was interesting that when Cullinane was forced to give a half assed apology for the sake of PR - he used exactly the similar phrase Gerry Adams used back in the 80's.

"I've never distanced myself from the IRA"

They are well trained in phraseology, I will give them that.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It was interesting that when Cullinane was forced to give a half assed apology for the sake of PR - he used exactly the similar phrase Gerry Adams used back in the 80's.

"I've never distanced myself from the IRA"

They are well trained in phraseology, I will give them that.

The lad apoligised for any offence caused....kinda hard to expect more from anyone imo

Like it would be wrong to expect someone to deny their beliefs imo,noone has to agree with them,but everyone is entitled to their's (even those who favour target the poorest fiscal policies,i inherently disagree with em,but respect their worldview)..

...the world is a big scary place and not everyone is gonna agree on everything all the time,and thats ok too

The lad apoligised for any offence caused....kinda hard to expect more from anyone imo

Like it would be wrong for someone to deny their beliefs imo,noone has to agree with them,but everyone is entitled to their's.....the world is a big scary place and not everyone is gonna agree on everything all the time,and thats ok too

I dunno he was clearly playing to the 'in' crowd. When Culinane was found out. He denied he said it - first did not realise he was filmed. It was only when it was pointed out he was filmed did he admit it first off.

If he was so proud of his beliefs why deny it at the start? Also he was never in 'active service' it seemed to me he just wanted to be vicariously part of the gang/club.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Like it would be wrong to expect someone to deny their beliefs imo,noone has to agree with them,but everyone is entitled to their's (even those who favour target the poorest fiscal policies,i inherently disagree with em,but respect their worldview)..

...the world is a big scary place and not everyone is gonna agree on everything all the time,and thats ok too

What are you even on about?

So once a person has beliefs they are OK to continue?

Racists have their beliefs. They can offend but once they apologise that's grand according to you.

Sure continue.

As you were.

Leo has beliefs, doesn't stop you ranting every day about him.

You are more confused than Scooby Doo.

I dunno he was clearly playing to the 'in' crowd. When Culinane was found out. He denied he said it - first did not realise he was filmed. It was only when it was pointed out he was filmed did he admit it first off.

If he was so proud of his beliefs why deny it at the start? Also he was never in 'active service' in NI it seemed to me he just wanted to be vicariously part of the gang/club.

I have little intention of speaking for anyone else so may have to ask him.such qs...

You may be right in your assestment,given it was in mansion house at 2am anything is possible :pac:

Quite how he didnt know he was filmed is beyond me,as i seen several snapchats from that night,even in the video on irish times there was several people recording it?

Id love to see a poll conducted here to see if he damaged him long term,as he was unreal popular......its one city where they seem to have turned it around after diastorus council elections of few years ago....be interesting to see,if it stalled them on ground

• Advertisement

What are you even on about?

So once a person has beliefs they are OK to continue?

Racists have their beliefs. They can offend but once they apologise that's grand according to you.

Sure continue.

As you were.

Leo has beliefs, doesn't stop you ranting every day about him.

You are more confused than Scooby Doo.

Yes,people are entitled to their racist beliefs (obv not ideal like),but im not the taught-police...ive no interest in telling people how to think??

(Like ive no interest in telling likes of arlene foster,how to think etc,once they arent offending people and willing to be civil,what more can you reasonably expect?)

Name 1 occasion,where i have ever ranted about leo,wasnt me brah.....seems to me,only person confused here is you

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

SF online supporters group urges members not to share news articles to prevent media from making money from clicks. Instead they should copy content from the articles and distribute for free.

A nasty way for SF supporters to give the big bad media a kicking when they are already on the floor.

Interesting that SF claimed it had nothing to do with the online group yet the group immediately changed one of it's rules when told to do so by SF HQ.

https://www.businesspost.ie/sinn-fein-disavows-advice-on-media-from-supporters-group-21a007e2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

SF online supporters group urges members not to share news articles to prevent media from making money from clicks. Instead they should copy content from the articles and distribute for free.

A nasty way for SF supporters to give the big bad media a kicking when they are already on the floor.

Interesting that SF claimed it had nothing to do with the online group yet the group immediately changed one of it's rules when told to do so by SF HQ.

https://www.businesspost.ie/sinn-fein-disavows-advice-on-media-from-supporters-group-21a007e2

So many parallels between SF and trump

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

the fear is real alright. this is a right gossip thread at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭Jizique

So many parallels between SF and trump

And UKIP/Farage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

maccored wrote: »

Doubt it,theres only 1 or 2 Rabid FG'ers regular in these threads
    Hope the Shinners make an exception for here and continue to post links
    Most of the newspapers have business accounts they can claim against their essential business's and get the vat back if that's the problem:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I have little intention of speaking for anyone else so may have to ask him.such qs...

You may be right in your assestment,given it was in mansion house at 2am anything is possible :pac:

Quite how he didnt know he was filmed is beyond me,as i seen several snapchats from that night,even in the video on irish times there was several people recording it?

Id love to see a poll conducted here to see if he damaged him long term,as he was unreal popular......its one city where they seem to have turned it around after diastorus council elections of few years ago....be interesting to see,if it stalled them on ground

Oh, I am sure that he knew he had been filmed, he just expected the normal Sinn Fein omerta to protect him. On this occasion, it didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

SF core online support have much in common with Reddit and 4chan groups of the alt-right and support for Trump.

The parallels are so obvious.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Oh, I am sure that he knew he had been filmed, he just expected the normal Sinn Fein omerta to protect him. On this occasion, it didn't.

Conspiracy theory forum
    >>>>>

markodaly wrote: »
    SF core online support have much in common with Reddit and 4chan groups of the alt-right and support for Trump.

Reddit is where its at tbf.....message boards are dying

(Also all articles hidden behind paywalls,someone will post em.there :D )

It sure is. 90% of the posts in here are from shinners. They seem rightly rattled. What a mess they have made of things since they ‘won’ the election! :D

It sure is. 90% of the posts in here are from shinners. They seem rightly rattled. What a mess they have made of things since they ‘won’ the election! :D

you are obviously reading a different thread than me. All Im reading is ABSF bitching - page after page of it. Need some handbags?

I think that shows how little you know about SF. You keep doing the trump thing though.

you are obviously reading a different thread than me. All Im reading is ABSF bitching - page after page of it. Need some handbags?

You should read all the posts ;)

You should read all the posts ;)

anytime i pop in its the same rubbish. Get over it lads, SF are now contenders.

Must be hard on all those who keep telling us every year that the SF vote is reducing. Probably explains the handbags and bitching.

Makes for a very boring thread though.

• Advertisement

anytime i pop in its the same rubbish. Get over it lads, SF are now contenders.

Must be hard on all those who keep telling us every year that the SF vote is reducing. Probably explains the handbags and bitching.

Makes for a very boring thread though.

And yet you keep coming back. Try harder ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I agree

For 70% + of Ireland it is Anyone But Sinn Fein

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Most of the top posters are from a republican persuasion. So if you are seeing that type of thread, it must be the vast majority of individual posters with small numbers of posts being critical of Sinn Fein and then being overwhelmed by a repetitive blocking opinion by the same republican posters.

One republican poster alone has over 12% of the posts on this thread.

I did quite like their 2 day drool over SF not holding leadership contests

Upon being pointed out,they did,and results listed....they cribbed they like that type election

But these are people who sneer at others,who isolate if they catch coronavirus and lambast anyone who called for paddys day parade cancelled in middle of a highly contagious pandemic....god love em,partisanship has blinded them :pac:

Upon being pointed out,they did,and results listed....they cribbed they like that type election

But these are people who sneer at others,who isolate if they catch coronavirus and lambast anyone who called for paddys day parade cancelled in middle of a highly contagious pandemic....god love em,partisanship has blinded them :pac:

Did you not read his post? You’re boring him ;)

There are similarities to your viewpoint to Ron Akinson's views that he 'over apologised'. For calling Marcel Desailly (a black football player) "a lazy fúcking nígger". He like Cullinane did not realise that those outside his circle would hear what was said.

Going back to the recent Mary Lou interview on the Late Late. She fared well on her discussion about covid19. It humanised her as a politician. Mary Lou even gave the caretaker government a back handed compliment about thier handling of the covid19. It was only the darker specter of republicanism that let her down. Trying to defend the indefensible and getting tied up in knots.

I believe she said her reaction to Cullinane was 'What are you at David?'. Which to me was code for don't let the mask slip outside our circle. We need to go mainstream and you could ruin it.

Interestingly at the time of the David Cullinane speech. A 'neutral observer' from PBP Boyd-Barrett described it as harmless 'Republican Nostalgia'.
    I thought this was good phrase. As there are many who vote SF because of the background mystic of the 'armed struggle'. To be part of the 'gang'.

Cullinane is definitely a representative of a certain type of SF voter in that sense. It is the same nostalgic view Ron Akinson has of his use of certain type of language and even views himself as one who gave blacks 'a chance' because he signed black players.

And yet you keep coming back. Try harder ;)

yes - hoping to find something of substance. instead its posts like yours.

admittedly, their posts can also be quite amusing the odd time when they just cant contain the hate .

blanch152 wrote: »
    Most of the top posters are from a republican persuasion. So if you are seeing that type of thread, it must be the vast majority of individual posters with small numbers of posts being critical of Sinn Fein and then being overwhelmed by a repetitive blocking opinion by the same republican posters.

One republican poster alone has over 12% of the posts on this thread.

you are one of the top posters surely. plus you cant blame people replying when you read some of the anti SF bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

Yeah, people are sick of getting ridden left right and center by ff and fg therefore they are alt-right.

What a statement.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement