Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

thomas 123 wrote: »
    Yeah, people are sick of getting ridden left right and center by ff and fg therefore they are alt-right.

What a statement.

That's not what he stated...
    He said they(online Sinn Féin fans) were using the same machinery as the alt right groups etc

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Mortelaro wrote: »
    That's not what he stated...
    He said they(online Sinn Féin fans) were using the same machinery as the alt right groups etc

who are these online SF fans that are 'using the same machinery as the alt right groups etc'?

What? You dont have anything to back that up? In that case I say you are talking bollocks. Point us out a few of these people so we can ask them.

maccored wrote: »
    who are these online SF fans that are 'using the same machinery as the alt right groups etc'?

What? You dont have anything to back that up? In that case I say you are talking bollocks. Point us out a few of these people so we can ask them.

No point asking me
    It's not my post
    I just correctly parsed the post

No point asking me
    It's not my post
    I just correctly parsed the post

Very true - though I cant see markodaly having an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Very true - though I cant see markodaly having an answer

Still here I see. I thought you found this thread boring? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,532 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

There are similarities to your viewpoint to Ron Akinson's views that he 'over apologised'. For calling Marcel Desailly (a black football player) "a lazy fúcking nígger". He like Cullinane did not realise that those outside his circle would hear what was said.

Going back to the recent Mary Lou interview on the Late Late. She fared well on her discussion about covid19. It humanised her as a politician. Mary Lou even gave the caretaker government a back handed compliment about thier handling of the covid19. It was only the darker specter of republicanism that let her down. Trying to defend the indefensible and getting tied up in knots.

I believe she said her reaction to Cullinane was 'What are you at David?'. Which to me was code for don't let the mask slip outside our circle. We need to go mainstream and you could ruin it.

Interestingly at the time of the David Cullinane speech. A 'neutral observer' from PBP Boyd-Barrett described it as harmless 'Republican Nostalgia'.
    I thought this was good phrase. As there are many who vote SF because of the background mystic of the 'armed struggle'. To be part of the 'gang'.

Cullinane is definitely a representative of a certain type of SF voter in that sense. It is the same nostalgic view Ron Akinson has of his use of certain type of language and even views himself as one who gave blacks 'a chance' because he signed black players.

There's no parallel there at all. Hilarious that his thread keeps rumbling on. The result of that election sure did rattle the opposition and they've been rattling away ever since :pac:

Still here I see. I thought you found this thread boring? ;)

As I said, I periodically check this thread out - think I wont because you are acting like a schoolyard bully? Catch a grip and grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Hilarious that his thread keeps rumbling on.

It only rattles on as the Shinnerbots are programmed to keep kicking it back into life. Part of the great grand electoral UI strategy, the ongoing war, ballot box instead of the gun etc. Get elected, get elected, get elected, get elected...

BarryD2 wrote: »
    It only rattles on as the Shinnerbots are programmed to keep kicking it back into life. Part of the great grand electoral UI strategy, the ongoing war, ballot box instead of the gun etc. Get elected, get elected, get elected, get elected...

oh right - dont reply unless you can throw the handbags around and bitch about SF. Gotcha.

As I said, I periodically check this thread out - think I wont because you are acting like a schoolyard bully? Catch a grip and grow up.

Don’t be so precious. You were the one complaining about the thread being boring. And now you just can’t stop posting...

• Advertisement

Don’t be so precious. You were the one complaining about the thread being boring. And now you just can’t stop posting...

aye - having to reply to your inane posts ... which I wont be bothering with after this one

aye - having to reply to your inane posts ... which I wont be bothering with after this one

You don’t have to reply. Funny that you felt you did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Thread was started 20 March, nothing really has changed

SF is no closer to getting into government. Which in my opinion is a pity as I would prefer to see them in now than listening to 5 years of "change" etc.

Some people seem to thin SF will resolve all the issues, so they will all have less tax to pay and somehow everyone else will pay it, plus a new house or rent-free accommodation. That is never going to happen I hate to tell you.

I think, personal opinion, supporters of other parties seem a little more realistic in what a government can actually achieve.

Hence why I would like to see SF get in, I think people will quickly find Mary Lou and the rest quickly back tracking on the "manifesto" and blaming FF/FG or anyone as to why they can not deliver.

At this stage I expect 5 years of "Well SF would have done XYZ" but with zero back up from anyone if they could ever do it. By the looks of it will SF even in 5 years time be in a position to actually win more votes? if so then need to go on a serious hiring campaign for politicians. If the likes of Voilet etc continue as they have started they will still be seen as party not really capable of stepping up to run a country....

You don’t have to reply. Funny that you felt you did.

hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Today's theme: This thread is boring and offers no substance so let's fill pages with ridicule and guff.

Has anyone got an actual opinion on the article I posted?

It appears to be buried in a sea of crap.

hilarious

See, not so boring after all.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Thread was started 20 March, nothing really has changed

SF is no closer to getting into government. Which in my opinion is a pity as I would prefer to see them in now than listening to 5 years of "change" etc.

Some people seem to thin SF will resolve all the issues, so they will all have less tax to pay and somehow everyone else will pay it, plus a new house or rent-free accommodation. That is never going to happen I hate to tell you.

I think, personal opinion, supporters of other parties seem a little more realistic in what a government can actually achieve.

Hence why I would like to see SF get in, I think people will quickly find Mary Lou and the rest quickly back tracking on the "manifesto" and blaming FF/FG or anyone as to why they can not deliver.

At this stage I expect 5 years of "Well SF would have done XYZ" but with zero back up from anyone if they could ever do it. By the looks of it will SF even in 5 years time be in a position to actually win more votes? if so then need to go on a serious hiring campaign for politicians. If the likes of Voilet etc continue as they have started they will still be seen as party not really capable of stepping up to run a country....

You already said that several times, and you will never say anything different that that about Sinn fein unless until there comes a time that your party might coalesce with them if the results panned out that way. You're an FG fanboy and you've been all over this thread from that perspective from the beginning.

If the numbers stacked up in a different way and FG were going into government with SF, there'd be a similar thread to this about FF and you'd be all over that one as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,789 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Today's theme: This thread is boring and offers no substance so let's fill pages with ridicule and guff.

Has anyone got an actual opinion on the article I posted?

It appears to be buried in a sea of crap.

Repost it and we can see it is above the crap.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

What are you even on about?

So once a person has beliefs they are OK to continue?

Racists have their beliefs. They can offend but once they apologise that's grand according to you.

Sure continue.

As you were.

Leo has beliefs, doesn't stop you ranting every day about him.

You are more confused than Scooby Doo.
    What are you talking about racists for?

TheCitizen wrote: »
    You already said that several times, and you will never say anything different that that about Sinn fein unless until there comes a time that your party might coalesce with them if the results panned out that way. You're an FG fanboy and you've been all over this thread from that perspective from the beginning.

If the numbers stacked up in a different way and FG were going into government with SF, there'd be a similar thread to this about FF and you'd be all over that one as well.

I am not a FG supporter :p:p

I would indeed be on the FF thread take a guess why

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I am not a FG supporter :p:p

But you play one on TV?

Figures lowest for a long time today
    Keep up the good work people
    We will get through this

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

you are one of the top posters surely. plus you cant blame people replying when you read some of the anti SF bull****.

Not in the top 5

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

We will get through this

Please God we see a drop in deaths.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

We will get through this

Thanks to Sinn Fein

Thanks to Sinn Fein

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

SF online supporters group urges members not to share news articles to prevent media from making money from clicks. Instead they should copy content from the articles and distribute for free.

A nasty way for SF supporters to give the big bad media a kicking when they are already on the floor.

Interesting that SF claimed it had nothing to do with the online group yet the group immediately changed one of it's rules when told to do so by SF HQ.

https://www.businesspost.ie/sinn-fein-disavows-advice-on-media-from-supporters-group-21a007e2

What or who is this online supporter's group Colonel? I mean, even a cursory glance on Facebook gives numerous Sinn Fein referenced groups, seen one earlier called " Friends of Sinn Fein - Canada"

Besides, "the big bad media" was certainly no shrinking violet regarding the shinners in the run up to the election, I don't think they owe them too many favours.

What was this rule though?

Lots of groups (from all sides of the political spectrum) on the net are full of dicks, doxing goes on and what not, I'm interested in hearing more about the nature of this rule change, and why you think the group adhering to the shinners request is conspiracy theory territory, some things are just common sense. The don't be a dick rule on boards for example.

I've been adhering to the social distancing measures and the non essential travel advice Leo and Simon dished out, am I now a FG member?

Twilight zone music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

:D:D:D

Those stupid fuc*n emojis again,but then again its a change from your incessant abuse of women in your posts.

tipptom wrote: »
    Those stupid fuc*n emojis again,but then again its a change from your incessant abuse of women in your posts.

Millionaire made a joke. Lighten up a bit tom. Stop taking it so seriously. ;)

• Advertisement

tipptom wrote: »

Chill man chill

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement