Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nice to see McDonald has made some of her most avid followers change their stance on her yet again.

The shinners public meetings are a threat to democracy - all the rest of the party's that have had them, or are now organising them (based on the success of SF) are different but, just because.

Where are the shinners, they've gone very quiet about the pandemic - shut up shinners there's a public health pandemic, now isn't the time.

Fuppin Shinners 60k free gaffs' - unaware FG are promising the same.

I see McDonald is cancelling the public meetings due to covid in her kids school, an attention seeking moanbag - McDonald reveals she tested positive and developed pleurisy - why did she just feck off and keep it quiet? She should have informed us goddam it!

We've apparently gone full circle now to this:
    Me wrote:
    Where are the shinners, they've gone very quiet about the pandemic - shut up shinners there's a public health pandemic, now isn't the time.

She's playing a blinder, some folk are so oblivious to their own stupidity, if you're complaining about her input into things, and arguing about letter's v emails, McDonald's actually winning, you're keeping her relevant by continuing to discuss her.

Any word on the new govt formation yet btw? Have the greens been handed the judas gold yet?

McDonald playing you like old fiddles, and you're all to dumb and hypocritical to even see it.

Carry-on:pac:

threeball wrote: »
    Just saw this twitter post on the news. Talk about stating the bleedin obvious. You'd have thought that no one had thought of these amazingly perceptive points over the last 6 weeks rather than sitting round scratching their holes.
    Well done Mary, the hero we need, we just don't know it. Fcukin muppet.

You could argue the same toss on the now proposed United island unit.

What a quaint and novel idea at the same time, wonder why no one has ever thought of that before?

Ditto "60k free gaffs'".

Seems like FFG are only tripping over themselves to implement Shinner policies, but only when it looks like the shinners might beat them to it.

(The letter might not be that pointless afterall) /insert smily emoticon here

McDonald might be happy enough to let them sit in opposition for a few years, no point buying a dog and barking yourself after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

^^^^
    Not sure what you are going on about, I am talking about McDonald who only a few days ago went onto national TV and talked about going into government. A party that said they are ready to lead

You are talking about them as the party at last election with very few voted in politicians. Keeping her relevant? your really grasping at straws now to cover up the stupidity of the party.

You have spent days telling everyone on here they are relevant, they are the party of the future blah blah blah, now you are saying they are only relevant if they release stupid letters to the real politicians?

This just proves SF are nowhere near a party that is ready to get anywhere close to running this country!!! Your post confirms that.....

I will also add, thread title redundant.

Tell me I'm wrong if you wish, it won't be any different from all the other hypocritical stances in the thread.

How can the shinners be causing such ructions amongst yourselves if they've disappeared after all?

Fiddle's I say.

McMurphy wrote: »

Tell me I'm wrong if you wish, it won't be any different from all the other hypocritical stances in the thread.

How can the shinners be causing such ructions amongst yourselves if they've disappeared after all?

Fiddle's I say.

:p:p
    Desperate now.....like SF.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Fiddle's I say.

Ha appears Fine Gael aren't wanting to do nothing for 5 years too
    Let's close both piles of sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 8,193 ✭✭✭threeball

You could argue the same toss on the now proposed United island unit.

What a quaint and novel idea at the same time, wonder why no one has ever thought of that before?

Ditto "60k free gaffs'".

Seems like FFG are only tripping over themselves to implement Shinner policies, but only when it looks like the shinners might beat them to it.

(The letter might not be that pointless afterall) /insert smily emoticon here

McDonald might be happy enough to let them sit in opposition for a few years, no point buying a dog and barking yourself after all.

There was a memorandum of understand signed between the cmo in the south and whatever the equivalent in the north is to align policy going forward. Its hardly groundbreaking stuff from Mary Lou when it was done weeks ago.
    The rest of the stuff is just waffle. We shouldnt release redtrictions until numbers are down. No sh1t sherlock. I thought the lockdown was for the craic. A national experiment to see what life on the dole under the shinners would be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

It was interesting that when Cullinane was forced to give a half assed apology for the sake of PR - he used exactly the similar phrase Gerry Adams used back in the 80's.

"I've never distanced myself from the IRA"

They are well trained in phraseology, I will give them that.

The IRA lads did a full thorough handbook on how volunteers should react and prepare themselves during heavy interrogation by RUC and Mi5 during the 1970-1980s . While some cracked , many didn’t . Of course their Sinner Colleagues were well trained by Jarry in phraseology

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

walshb wrote: »
    Why does SF seem to atrract so many hostile, aggressive in your face loutish abrasive supporters to their party? And chav like? Ignorant and aggressively so...

I used to admire them, but a lot of their supporters are just downright rough!

So many seem so uncouth, undignified and lacking general gentleness and human kindness...They’d see harm done to you and not give a fook..

It’s so prevalent and obvious, particularly online..

Is it that SF are, and have been actively pursuing this fan base?

That’s the barstool republicans and “wurking class” for ya . Their behaviour at poll counts during elections is infamous ,hence why most of the established parties want very little to do with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

MaryLou was Ireland am this morning.
    Good honest interview, no sensationalism.

• Advertisement

MaryLou was Ireland am this morning.
    Good honest interview, no sensationalism.

Which is what she should do, then she will win more votes....PR pranks like the letter is not good tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Here's a comment on the Friends Who Like Sinn Fein page about Drew Harris

"Time the IRA sent him to join daddy."

Have a read through any of the posts and witness the witless.

If you're not with Sinn Fein you're a traitor, a blue shirt, a west brit etcetc...

Name calling of politicians from every other party and extremely childish posts about other politicians.

It really is an eye opener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

zoobizoo wrote: »

If you're not with Sinn Fein you're a traitor, a blue shirt, a west brit etcetc...

Name calling of politicians from every other party and extremely childish posts about other politicians.

Comments like that would be a serious breach of Facebook terms and conditions as well as a criminal matter for the person saying that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,193 ✭✭✭threeball

People gloss over it but when you support Sinn Fein thats the type of person you're gettimg in to bed with. No amount of spin will change that fact

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Just saw this twitter post on the news. Talk about stating the bleedin obvious. You'd have thought that no one had thought of these amazingly perceptive points over the last 6 weeks rather than sitting round scratching their holes.
    Well done Mary, the hero we need, we just don't know it. Fcukin muppet.

It read like the answer to a Leaving Cert question on what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blanch152 wrote: »
    It read like the answer to a Leaving Cert question on what to do.

and yet left many on here with nosebleeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Drain the swamp, build a wall, MAGA hats for everyone....
    Yea, we have heard that rhetoric before.

I was thinking about this actually the other day.

IF and it's a big if, FF, FG and the Greens agree on a government, then we are going to see the big divide in Irish politics for the next generation.

One on hand you have the likes of the Greens, FF, FG and to smaller extent Labour/SD's all generally along the globalism lines of international cooperation, trading and exporting to grow wealth, reaching out to solve the bigger problems nation states cannot solve themselves.

Then on the other side you will have the SF types along with the PBP/SOL with the rural independents, think the Healy Rae's, Mattie McGrath.

What do they have in common? Populism, anti-climate science, protectionism, anti-globalism, nationalism to various degrees, aggressive support online.
    Yeap, this side of the divide are the Trump/UKIP/Front National/5 Star movement side of the fence. Just look at the online rhetoric. No other parties have that type of verbosity in social media chatter.

Thus the new divide in Irish politics is complete. It's not right vs left anymore. That died the day Trump got elected. It's about internationalism/globalism vs nationalism/nativism.

Sinn Fein supporters don't realise yet whos on their side and what battle they are fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

markodaly wrote: »
    Drain the swamp, build a wall, MAGA hats for everyone....
    Yea, we have heard that rhetoric before.

I was thinking about this actually the other day.

IF and it's a big if, FF, FG and the Greens agree on a government, then we are going to see the big divide in Irish politics for the next generation.

One on hand you have the likes of the Greens, FF, FG and to smaller extent Labour/SD's all generally along the globalism lines of international cooperation, trading and exporting to grow wealth, reaching out to solve the bigger problems nation states cannot solve themselves.

Then on the other side you will have the SF types along with the PBP/SOL with the rural independents, think the Healy Rae's, Mattie McGrath.

What do they have in common? Populism, anti-climate science, protectionism, anti-globalism, nationalism to various degrees, aggressive support online.
    Yeap, this side of the divide are the Trump/UKIP/Front National/5 Star movement side of the fence. Just look at the online rhetoric. No other parties have that type of verbosity in social media chatter.

Thus the new divide in Irish politics is complete. It's not right vs left anymore. That died the day Trump got elected. It's about internationalism/globalism vs nationalism/nativism.

Sinn Fein supports don't realise yet whos on their side and what battle they are fighting.

Well that had all the soundbites.

Its not just on the SInn Fein pages, it is all over facebook. Instead of trying to stop this carry on SF actually are engourging it. Just look at their own politicians and the carry on of them

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Ha appears Fine Gael aren't wanting to do nothing for 5 years too
    Let's close both piles of sh1te

In fairness that thread (and I'm not the OP of either) was opened based on the leader of FGs comments, lest we forget.

Fine Gael: ‘We are preparing to go into Opposition’

This one was opened asking if it was just the OP, or have Sinn Fein vanished?

Think it's just the OP as the thread has proven, time and again.

People gloss over it but when you support Sinn Fein thats the type of person you're gettimg in to bed with. No amount of spin will change that fact

The internet is full of knuckle draggers from all political walks of life, I even seen a lad on this site during the election start to post anti FG rhetoric which was mild enough, it went on pretty much unnoticed or ignored so he could establish himself, then when he got settled in he was full on anti shinner with disgusting and vile comments, ie a troll, pretty easy for me to set up a spurious profile and start an over the top British love fest - Anti shinner rhetoric over on FB leaving the impression FG party attracts unhinged zealots - do you get my drift?

Facebook and boards should ban both btw.

Also, it's not really fair to apply a broad brush stroke based on the behaviour of a few supporters or members.

I don't think many here think that FG are full of insurance scammers, or folk that would attack you with broken glasses on a bar because of a few.

Also big Hugh McElvaney isn't long out of the news for actually being corrupt, but again that doesn't carry across to all the other members of FG.

Perhaps cool the jets and get off the high horse huh?

• Advertisement

MaryLou seems fierce fond of the term kite flying, bla bla bla kite flying bla bla bla kite flying.

In fairness that thread (and I'm not the OP of either) was opened based on the leader of FGs comments, lest we forget.

Fine Gael: ‘We are preparing to go into Opposition’

This one was opened asking if it was just the OP, or have Sinn Fein vanished?

Think it's just the OP as the thread has proven, time and again.

The internet is full of knuckle draggers from all political walks of life, I even seen a lad on this site during the election start to post anti FG rhetoric which was mild enough, it went on pretty much unnoticed or ignored so he could establish himself, then when he got settled in he was full on anti shinner with disgusting and vile comments, ie a troll, pretty easy for me to set up a spurious profile and start an over the top British love fest - Anti shinner rhetoric over on FB leaving the impression FG party attracts unhinged zealots - do you get my drift?

Facebook and boards should ban both btw.

Also, it's not really fair to apply a broad brush stroke based on the behaviour of a few supporters or members.

I don't think many here think that FG are full of insurance scammers, or folk that would attack you with broken glasses on a bar because of a few.

Also big Hugh McElvaney isn't long out of the news for actually being corrupt, but again that doesn't carry across to all the other members of FG.

Perhaps cool the jets and get off the high horse huh?

Its not a minority in SF, its the majority. Also the politicians are at the same carry on, so why would you expect any better from supporters?

Are you calling for Facebook to ban Violet Anne?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Its not a minority in SF, its the majority. Also the politicians are at the same carry on, so why would you expect any better from supporters?

Are you calling for Facebook to ban Violet Anne?

the majority? what are you on anyway?

Violet Anne?

She's the charity one?

If she's trolling on Facebook, or making derogatory comments, sure. I didn't make my self clear enough?

I also said SF should kick her from the party, and they should introduce stricter vetting process for future candidates.

Your problem is, you blindly assume I'm a can't think for themselves shinner, I'm not - I don't follow a blind narrative.

Stated multiple times already, I'm Republican minded (SF do not own republicanism though) some people cannot distinguish between the two things apparently.

I happened to vote SF #1 at the last election, but not the one previous to that one.

If they drop the ball, my vote will go elsewhere in the next one.

It's not really difficult to understand, but unfortunately it doesn't seem that way with some. *Shrugs*

maccored wrote: »

Lets have a quick look at your last few posts to give an example

hilarious

aye - having to reply to your inane posts ... which I wont be bothering with after this one

oh right - dont reply unless you can throw the handbags around and bitch about SF. Gotcha.

As I said, I periodically check this thread out - think I wont because you are acting like a schoolyard bully? Catch a grip and grow up.

who are these online SF fans that are 'using the same machinery as the alt right groups etc'?

What? You dont have anything to back that up? In that case I say you are talking bollocks. Point us out a few of these people so we can ask them.

eh ... are you getting the conservatives and SF mixed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Its not just on the SInn Fein pages, it is all over facebook. Instead of trying to stop this carry on SF actually are engourging it. Just look at their own politicians and the carry on of them

Why wouldn't they encourage it? Without Facebook I doubt they would have done so well. Some of their supporters might not have even known when the elections were on or how to vote.

Violet Anne?

She's the charity one?

If she's trolling on Facebook, or making derogatory comments, sure. I didn't make my self clear enough?

I also said SF should kick her from the party, and they should introduce stricter vetting process for future candidates.

Your problem is, you blindly assume I'm a can't think for themselves shinner, I'm not - I don't follow a blind narrative.

Stated multiple times already, I'm Republican minded (SF do not own republicanism though) some people cannot distinguish between the two things apparently.

I happened to vote SF #1 at the last election, but not the one previous to that one.

If they drop the ball, my vote will go elsewhere in the next one.

It's not really difficult to understand, but unfortunately it doesn't seem that way with some. *Shrugs*

Funny, anything released in any media on FG and you are all over it but when SF are in the news you missed it?

https://extra.ie/2020/04/16/news/politics/violet-anne-wynne-facebook-comments

That's the cut down version, do some similar research you do on anything FG/FF and you will find the full details.

Also on the apology post, some poor woman asked a question and then got abused by the lovely SF supporters.

aido79 wrote: »
    Why wouldn't they encourage it? Without Facebook I doubt they would have done so well. Some of their supporters might not have even known when the elections were on or how to vote.

So what are FFG excuses then?

They spent far and away the largest sum of any political party in Ireland on Facebook propaganda?

Election 2020: Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael spend most on Facebook advertising

Wasted money, yeah?
    The two major parties spent €31,506 and €31,160 respectively on political advertisements on the social media platform in the week to February 3rd.

Labour spent €7,972 while Sinn Féin spent €4,180. Deputies Ruth Coppinger and Mick Barry of Solidarity-People Before Profit spent €2,136 and €1,995 each, making for a total of €4,131. The Green Party spent €1,632.

FFG spent almost SIXTEEN times as much. Let that sink in.

Think before you type aido, think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Unfortunately it is the majority. Go to any SF post on facebook and you will see the comments - they are despicable. I deleted and blocked so many people during the election because i couldn't believe they were sharing posts that had vile comments on them .Every politician is fair game to be criticized on their failings and broken promises while in term but go on to the SF videos and its homophobic and racist remarks .It is something that they need to come down on hard. Look at the counts and the behavior of the clowns behind the candidates, it is very easy to say to them goons before they attend a count - if your going to attend dress well and keep your mouth in check . You had Dessie Ellis and the pack of fools behind him march in to come out you black and tans .Keep that for the celebration party not the count .

• Advertisement

So what are FFG excuses then?

They spent far and away the largest sum of any political party in Ireland on Facebook propaganda?

Election 2020: Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael spend most on Facebook advertising

Wasted money, yeah?

FFG spent almost SIXTEEN times as much. Let that sink in.

Think before you type aido, think.

You are talking about advertising, advertising has nothing to do with SF supporters teams.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement