Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

McMurphy wrote: »
    So what are FFG excuses then?

They spent far and away the largest sum of any political party in Ireland on Facebook propaganda?

Election 2020: Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael spend most on Facebook advertising

Wasted money, yeah?

FFG spent almost SIXTEEN times as much. Let that sink in.

Think before you type aido, think.
    See MC that is where they were very clever , they might not have spent as much but the money they did spend was on videos that would cause the most outrage then they sent them them out to a target audience who like and shared the bollox out of them. They also had willing volunteers who make up Memes about about FF/FG then spread them out to be shared . I Seriously had to do a cull because my whole news feed was taken up with anti government ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Unfortunately it is the majority. Go to any SF post on facebook and you will see the comments - they are despicable. I deleted and blocked so many people during the election because i couldn't believe they were sharing posts that had vile comments on them .Every politician is fair game to be criticized on their failings and broken promises while in term but go on to the SF videos and its homophobic and racist remarks .It is something that they need to come down on hard. Look at the counts and the behavior of the clowns behind the candidates, it is very easy to say to them goons before they attend a count - if your going to attend dress well and keep your mouth in check . You had Dessie Ellis and the pack of fools behind him march in to come out you black and tans .Keep that for the celebration party not the count .

It is not just online supporters.

That type of behaviour is common among SF party members and public representatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

See MC that is where they were very clever , they might not have spent as much but the money they did spend was on videos that would cause the most outrage then they sent them them out to a target audience who like and shared the bollox out of them. They also had willing volunteers who make up Memes about about FF/FG then spread them out to be shared . I Seriously had to do a cull because my whole news feed was taken up with anti government ****e.

There was a clear attempt at putting some kind of stigma on Facebook user's, and the level of intelligence of the same.

Yet, FG and FF spend 8 times each, or sixteen times combined the cash SF did targeting the same user's.

As for videos, I've already expressed my sentiments on those groups of numpties on FB, in saying that both FF and FG created their own fair share of cringey meme's and videos also.

It's not unique to any of them.

There was a clear attempt at putting some kind of stigma on Facebook user's, and the level of intelligence of the same.

Yet, FG and FF spend 8 times each, or sixteen times combined the cash SF did targeting the same user's.

As for videos, I've already expressed my sentiments on those groups of numpties on FB, in saying that both FF and FG created their own fair share of cringey meme's and videos also.

It's not unique to any of them.

Nobody but yourself buys the notion that all parties are the same when it comes to such types of behaviour by their supporters. Now, if you had said that PBP shared some of the characteristics, you might have had a point (though they lack the real hardman edge of the typical SF fanatic on social media).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

So what are FFG excuses then?

They spent far and away the largest sum of any political party in Ireland on Facebook propaganda?

Election 2020: Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael spend most on Facebook advertising

Wasted money, yeah?

FFG spent almost SIXTEEN times as much. Let that sink in.

Think before you type aido, think.

Spend doesn't come into it. It costs nothing to share an anti establishment post on Facebook.
    I would agree it was wasted money by FF and FG though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

aido79 wrote: »
    Spend doesn't come into it. It costs nothing to share an anti establishment post on Facebook.
    I would agree it was wasted money by FF and FG though.

It's come down to sharing posts on Facebook now. Sad.

Fann Linn wrote: »

Worse it's getting.

How times have changed when two power swapping party's who had the place carved up between themselves for the last century couldn't muster up enough between combined to get in - they aren't for sharing no matter how many shares or likes on Facebook :D

The times have changed though, they may get used to the idea of adaptation.

Any news on the greens being bought off?

Still thinking it's a fresh election or National government myself, even I don't believe the greens are naïve enough to be caught in the honey trap again.

So do you think its acceptable for a party to put out videos and then let supporters comment on them with homophobic and racist slurs and not remove the posts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

For a lot of younger voters it definitely influences their choice of who to vote for or if they even vote at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

zoobizoo wrote: »
    Here's a comment on the Friends Who Like Sinn Fein page about Drew Harris

"Time the IRA sent him to join daddy."

I presume that the SF supporters commenting on here condemn this sentiment....

• Advertisement

aido79 wrote: »
    For a lot of younger voters it definitely influences their choice of who to vote for or if they even vote at all.

Younger voters dont use facebook

Anyone i know,under 25 hasnt used/activated their FB account in months/years...insta/tik tok only now (plus reddit)

Any right thinking person would.

Was that a loaded question?

Anyone i know,under 25 hasnt used/activated their FB account in months/years...insta/tik tok only now (plus reddit)

I'm a few months off the big four oh, telegram is where I keep in touch most these days.

Facebook is becoming redundant more and more imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Worse it's getting.

How times have changed when two power swapping party's who had the place carved up between themselves for the last century couldn't muster up enough between combined to get in - they aren't for sharing no matter how many shares or likes on Facebook :D

The times have changed though, they may get used to the idea of adaptation.

Any news on the greens being bought off?

Still thinking it's a fresh election or National government myself, even I don't believe the greens are naïve enough to be caught in the honey trap again.
    The Greens arent the only option. They are just being regarded as the easiest option.
    Whoever supports the FF FG arrangement will be bought off and you are a fool if you think SF. or the others can't be bought

Go to the Finglas Talks facebook page . Have a look at the posts from election time . Go ahead knock yourself out. Many other pages like that on Facebook .Plenty of under 25's on them.

Edgware wrote: »
    The Greens arent the only option. They are just being regarded as the easiest option.
    Whoever supports the FF FG arrangement will be bought off and you are a fool if you think SF. or the others can't be bought

I'm not yet convinced on my alternative suggested scenario, we may both keep watching so.

Any right thinking person would.

Was that a loaded question?

How was it loaded?

No. No SF supporter on here had condemned it outright which I found surprising that's all.

Plus, very few on that Facebook Page condemned it...

Go to the Finglas Talks facebook page . Have a look at the posts from election time . Go ahead knock yourself out. Many other pages like that on Facebook .Plenty of under 25's on them.

Havnt used facebook in years kid.....any young lads in work dont use it,any younger relatives or people in local club dont use it

Maybe where i am is an outlier,but facebook is essentially irrelevant to my mates and anyone i know

Twitter never was remotely relevent (though i use it soccer memes and hurling scores),insta and tik tok (dances are great craic) seem to be where its at,life is about moving with the times imo......like reddit is for a laugh and memes too,but wouldnt be as big as insta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Why do you think people who give SF a vote are responsible or to be held to account for some rando comment lest they condemn it?
    I don't ask FG voters to condemn every racist or classist comment I see on the internet.

On the FG Facebook:
    Irl is a joke its owned by evil union and it bows to satan

Care to explain? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I'm a few months off the big four oh, telegram is where I keep in touch most these days.

Facebook is becoming redundant more and more imo.

Idk,what telegram is tbh :O

Have houseparty app,but it keeps crashing and freezing from poor internet where i am,discord is too buggy to keep at it with

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

You made the claim, show me some evidence maybe?

Why?

You've said he didn't say it without knowing anything about the circumstances.

I'm sure you'll defend him/her all the way.

There are suspicions that SF supporting online personas are funded and coordinated by the SF party and the huge cash resources they've accumulated legally and otherwise.

This little intervention from you on behalf of an apparent stranger online feeds into that belief.

You'd agree it looks bad though?

Bowie wrote: »
    Why do you think people who give SF a vote are responsible or to be held to account for some rando comment lest they condemn it?
    I don't ask FG voters to condemn every racist or classist comment I see on the internet.

On the FG Facebook:

Care to explain? :rolleyes:

So you won't condemn it then.

This little intervention from you on behalf of an apparent stranger online feeds into that belief.

You'd agree it looks bad though?

Its basically wrong to slate,someone without giving right of reply (ie banned from thread)

Its basically what kicked off SF surge,pat kenny giving martin and varadkar a platform to slate shinners in run up last election with no reply,a schollchild can see that is wrong

Its basically wrong to slate,someone without giving right of reply (ie banned from thread)

What does that mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Lets have a quick look at your last few posts to give an example

so you cant answer me then - instead you for some reason quote my own posts at me as though it proves something.

Unfortunately it is the majority. Go to any SF post on facebook and you will see the comments - they are despicable. I deleted and blocked so many people during the election because i couldn't believe they were sharing posts that had vile comments on them .Every politician is fair game to be criticized on their failings and broken promises while in term but go on to the SF videos and its homophobic and racist remarks .It is something that they need to come down on hard. Look at the counts and the behavior of the clowns behind the candidates, it is very easy to say to them goons before they attend a count - if your going to attend dress well and keep your mouth in check . You had Dessie Ellis and the pack of fools behind him march in to come out you black and tans .Keep that for the celebration party not the count .

a majority of replies maybe but the poster said the majority in SF. As usual there's nothing to back that up bar the posters own say so as I very much doubt the majority or SF members are posting on those FB threads.

How was it loaded?

No. No SF supporter on here had condemned it outright which I found surprising that's all.

Nobody in Sinn Fein will ever condemn a specific incident involving themselves or the IRA.

They will contextualise to excuse, dilute to refer to others, blame someone else for the conditions that allowed it to happen etc.

maccored wrote: »
    I very much doubt the majority or SF members are posting on those FB threads.

Indeed.

Who's to say they're even Irish.

We all know at this stage that populist movements like Trump and Brexit have used troll farms in places like Macedonia.

Some of the user names are a trying a bit too hard to sound Irish too.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nobody in Sinn Fein will ever condemn a specific incident involving themselves or the IRA.

They will contextualise to excuse, dilute to refer to others, blame someone else for the conditions that allowed it to happen etc.

ie 'random people wont say things I demand they say'. What do you want condemned btw? Hard to keep track in this thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement