Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Nitrogan wrote: »
    Indeed.

Who's to say they're even Irish.

We all know at this stage that populist movements like Trump and Brexit have used troll farms in places like Macedonia.

Some of the user names are a trying a bit too hard to sound Irish too.

I've also gone onto the pages of FB posters. Most of them look legit.

Their illiteracy isn't because they're Russian Bots

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I presume that the SF supporters commenting on here condemn this sentiment....

I think that was a **** comment for anyoneto make. Is that the same as 'condemn' in your book (it is in mine)? (sorry to disappoint blanch152 )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Younger voters dont use facebook

Anyone i know,under 25 hasnt used/activated their FB account in months/years...insta/tik tok only now (plus reddit)

Instagram may be more popular but Facebook is still widely used among younger people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

aido79 wrote: »
    Instagram may be more popular but Facebook is still widely used among younger people.
    Dr. Leo Varadkar rejoins the health service , have a look over on that thread at the past few posts . Typical of what you would see on a SF comments section.

Dr. Leo Varadkar rejoins the health service , have a look over on that thread at the past few posts . Typical of what you would see on a SF comments section.

SF comments section? Is there a SF comments section on FB or boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

maccored wrote: »
    SF comments section? Is there a SF comments section on FB or boards?
    Yes under their posts on facebook , I have already said where to go to read them earlier in the thread , go have a read and knock yourself out .

Yes under their posts , i have already pointed you in the right direction for a few hours reading .

eh? you've pointed me in the direction of a SF comments section on fb?

oooooooook ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

so you cant answer me then - instead you for some reason quote my own posts at me as though it proves something.

I did answer, thank you.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

There's definitely a lot of similarities. When I read those type of comments especially on Facebook there's a part of me that actually hopes that SF can form a government one day and make these people's lives better. Some of them could even be future SF TD's because they seem to think it would be very easy to fix all the problems in the country and the only thing stopping the solutions being implemented is FF or FG...for the last hundred years apparently. I wasn't around in 1920 but from what I've seen and read Ireland is a much better place to live in in 2020 and that's no thanks to Sinn Fein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

McMurphy wrote: »

Still thinking it's a fresh election or National government myself, even I don't believe the greens are naïve enough to be caught in the honey trap again.
    They've described the letter as reasonable
    Expect the horse trading that is programme for government creation to get down to the nitty gritty soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

So we can take it SF haven't vanished.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Fann Linn wrote: »
    So we can take it SF haven't vanished.

Check the trough. They are in there with the rest of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I've also gone onto the pages of FB posters. Most of them look legit.

Their illiteracy isn't because they're Russian Bots

So are we back to anon internet posters insulting the Irish electorate because they didn't vote how you'd have liked?
    The last few pages are bitter little social media self appointed moral overlords whinging about standards while showing their own low ones.

There's enough nasty non-SF voters on here to show you need not trawl FB to find same.

Edgware wrote: »
    Check the trough. They are in there with the rest of them

Except when they hand back pay rises....which is also somehow a negative :pac:

Hope yous all (shinnerheads or not!),have a good bank holiday weekend guys,i love the craic in here,oh and stay safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mortelaro wrote: »
    They've described the letter as reasonable
    Expect the horse trading that is programme for government creation to get down to the nitty gritty soon

The Indo painting a fairly different picture.

'Huge unrest' in Greens' grassroots at FF/FG's reply to their demands
    There is "huge unrest" in the Green Party's grassroots over Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael's response to their government formation demands.

The letter sent by Fianna Fáil leader Micheál Martin and Taoiseach Leo Varadkar in response to 17 questions posed by the Green Party has been heavily criticised by Greens around the country, sparking serious doubts that party members would approve a coalition deal.

Might not be in suspense much longer though according to this.
    Green Party TDs also have concerns about Mr Martin and Mr Varadkar's letter, and a decision on whether or not to rebuff the Civil War parties' invitation to talks could come as early as today.

Still don't see it myself. The Greens would be extremely foolish to allow themselves to be obliterated (again) just so Eamon could be a minister (again).

More like huge unrest in FF given the Indo is an FF mouthpiece
    I was reading this morning that the Greens 7% reduction could cost us 8 billion a year
    If that's the case it would be madness when our competitors aren't doing it and in the teeth of a worldwide recession

More like huge unrest in FF given the Indo is an FF mouthpiece
    I was reading this morning that the Greens 7% reduction could cost us 8 billion a year
    If that's the case it would be madness when our competitors aren't doing it and in the teeth of a worldwide recession

That's certainly one way of interpreting this.
    Wicklow TD Steven Matthews told the Irish Independent the two larger parties "have committed to some of our objectives".

But he said "more detail and much firmer commitment is required" in relation to the Greens' demand for 7pc-per-year reduction in carbon emissions, as well as demands relating to housing and the scrapping of a planned Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) terminal project.

Another TD, Neasa Hourigan, shared a Twitter post by Sinn Féin TD Eoin Ó Broin in which he criticised the housing proposals made by Fianna Fáil/Fine Gael in their letter.

The party's youth wing, Young Greens, has argued that Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael aren't interested in the climate crisis and just want "a mudguard". Prominent party member Saoirse McHugh said the letter was "absolutely wocious" and added, "what a joke".

Cork City councillor Lorna Bogue said if Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael are still not committing to the 7pc carbon emissions reduction target "it's clear the Greens should walk".

That's certainly one way of interpreting this.

Saoirse McHugh failed to be elected in three elections in the last year but somehow has become a media "luvvie".
    Another Bacik in the making. If Greens do get into power Ryan will probably lead her to the Senate trough

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

ie 'random people wont say things I demand they say'. What do you want condemned btw? Hard to keep track in this thread

It would only take one example of unambiguous condemnation of an IRA or SF action by one of their representatives to disprove my contention, but they don't exist, because it is always the victim, always the context, always someone else's fault, always regrettable but understandable, etc. etc.

Saoirse McHugh failed to be elected in three elections in the last year but somehow has become a media "luvvie".
    Another Bacik in the making. If Greens do get into power Ryan will probably lead her to the Senate trough

That doesn't refute anything, I said, unless of course you're just going to select one name from several, otherwise known as cherry picking.

McHugh might become the new James Reilly going by your prediction lol.

Im still calling it - National government of unity or a fresh election, and I'm still saying either or will be much more palatable to SF than to FF/G.

• Advertisement

That doesn't refute anything, I said, unless of course you're just going to select one name from several, otherwise known as cherry picking.

Im still calling it - National government of unity or a fresh election, and I'm still saying either of will be much more palatable to SF than to FF/G.
    Well I'd imagine another 8 billion a year hole from the emissions on top of Sinn Féins pre corona 20 billion plans is so undoable it's the chief reason that the coalition of the left couldnt pull itself together
    I'd say it'll be Verona Murphy minister for transport before any of your two options

Well I'd imagine another 8 billion a year hole from the emissions on top of Sinn Féins pre corona 20 billion plans is so undoable it's the chief reason that the coalition of the left couldnt pull itself together
    I'd say it'll be Verona Murphy minister for transport before any of your two options

I see how this is going, tear down the "FF bias" theory, > pivot to something else.

Im still calling it - National government of unity or a fresh election, and I'm still saying either or will be much more palatable to SF than to FF/G.
    "palatable to SF" Who cares whats palatable to them and their bat**** policies?

I see how this is going, tear down the "FF bias" theory, > pivot to something else.

I stand by my opinion that FF stalwart Fionnan is doing a good job of the FF editorship

"palatable to SF" Who cares whats palatable to them and their bat**** policies?

Also didn't refute the point made.

But since you asked. The shinners will care. So too will FF/G.

Anyone for a united Ireland unit or 60k free gaffs?

Also didn't refute the point made.

But since you asked. The shinners will care. So too will FF/G.

To be fair,journalists finding opposition to moves(3 or 4) in order to pen new content isn't reality
    Its copy
    I'm surprised they didn't wheel out Eamon o'caoiv to decorate it a bit

blanch152 wrote: »
    It would only take one example of unambiguous condemnation of an IRA or SF action by one of their representatives to disprove my contention, but they don't exist, because it is always the victim, always the context, always someone else's fault, always regrettable but understandable, etc. etc.

you obviously missed my post where I said it was a stupid thing to be saying

blanch152 wrote: »

you obviously missed my post where I said it was a stupid thing to be saying

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The things that are preventing the Greens from entering coalition with FF and FG will prevent the Greens from entering into a national government arrangement.

A general election may not be physically possible this side of 2022.

There are only two games in town - FF/FG/? or FF/SF/?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

If you look at the behaviour of Trump supporters it's a good indication of what SF will be doing next.

Attacking the government for following expert advice. They'll be on that populist bandwagon soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement