Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    The Indo painting a fairly different picture.

'Huge unrest' in Greens' grassroots at FF/FG's reply to their demands

Might not be in suspense much longer though according to this.

Still don't see it myself. The Greens would be extremely foolish to allow themselves to be obliterated (again) just so Eamon could be a minister (again).

Once you see the phrase

"to rebuff the Civil War parties' invitation"

you know that it is spin and not reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Nitrogan wrote: »
    If you look at the behaviour of Trump supporters it's a good indication of what SF will be doing next.

Attacking the government for following expert advice. They'll be on that populist bandwagon soon.

So you'll include FF/LP/SD/GP along with the Shinners in your criticism because from what I heard today every party are questioning FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Nitrogan

Fann Linn wrote: »
    So you'll include FF/LP/SD/GP along with the Shinners in your criticism because from what I heard today every party are questioning FG.

SF are the equivalent of the Trump MAGA cult.

Take a look at the Trump supporters with guns blockading hospitals and public buildings in the US, those are the kind of people who support SF in Ireland and that's who SF will be goading and inflaming in the next few months just like Trump does.

The difference being SF supporters will be arrested if they behave like that.

Take a look at the Trump supporters with guns blockading hospitals and public buildings in the US, those are the kind of people who support SF in Ireland and that's who SF will be goading and inflaming in the next few months just like Trump does.

So you won't answer the question you're just raving.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    A general election may not be physically possible this side of 2022.

There are only two games in town - FF/FG/? or FF/SF/?.

Blanch with all due respect, for a poster who has been predicting the imminent political demise of Sinn Fein for as long as I can remember on this site, you may just forgive me if I take this prediction with more than a pinch of salt also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Field east

Fann Linn wrote: »

The ‘opposition must have had a chat b4 hand and agreed to divvy up the q to be asked between them. Sure hav’nt they been itching to ask questions at the first opportunity no matter how populist they were. They could not be seen to ask the ‘hard questions up till now because they probably felt the the public would be somewhat annoyed.

Field east wrote: »
    The ‘opposition must have had a chat b4 hand and agreed to divvy up the q to be asked between them. Sure hav’nt they been itching to ask questions at the first opportunity no matter how populist they were. They could not be seen to ask the ‘hard questions up till now because they probably felt the the public would be somewhat annoyed.

It's about time really that the 'wearing of the green jersey and nodding approvingly' was finished. Far too many people's lives and too much taxpayers money at risk for them to get a free ride.

I find it hard to believe that the NPHET team don't have minutes for meetings and yet our local Community Games Assoc do.

Too much at play IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

If you look at the behaviour of Trump supporters it's a good indication of what SF will be doing next.

Attacking the government for following expert advice. They'll be on that populist bandwagon soon.

You repeat this kind of thing regular. It makes no sensible point.
    How would you describe a group of people who revert to slurs and insults when they don't like the way a discussion or the electorate is going?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Bowie wrote: »
    How would you describe a group of people who revert to slurs and insults when they don't like the way a discussion or the electorate is going?

Sinn Fein voters?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

markodaly wrote: »
    Sinn Fein voters?

i think that just shows your hatred

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Sinn Fein voters?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

maccored wrote: »

Oh the irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Seems that a lot of people are still feeling pretty hurt over SFs successful election. Comparing SF voters to Maga wearing trump supporters is gas. Thanks for that great laugh.

They haven’t gone away. Just trying to put the boys to bed! https://www.thesun.ie/news/5381901/gerry-adams-bizarre-mary-lou-sinn-fein/

• Registered Users Posts: 55,751 ✭✭✭✭walshb

maccored wrote: »

The party attracts exactly these kinds people...it does, and until they accept this and change it, I won’t be giving SF much time..

It’s simple, for me, anyway: Be nice. Be civil. Be caring. Be considerate....

SFs supporters are the antithesis of this..

walshb wrote: »
    The party attracts exactly these kinds people...it does, and until they accept this and change it, I won’t be giving SF much time..

It’s simple, for me, anyway: Be nice. Be civil. Be caring. Be considerate....

SFs supporters are the antithesis of this..

the party attracts haters? and markodaly shows his hatred of SF - so markodalys a shinner?

To say SF is a party of haters is a very skewed viewpoint.
    markodaly wrote:
    Oh the irony.

Wheres the irony? Point out where Ive expressed hate for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I'll vote sinn Féin when their political and economic policies come close to my own
    That's democracy and it's that simple

The punch and judy antics by the same people don't interest me
    What does,is bringing to the table my view when I read something I disagree with
    Sometimes that's a judgement call as to whether its worthwhile because internet being internet people will misbehave

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

SF supporters logic.

SF won't take seats in Westminster= good, because their voters voted knowing that stance and that means SF are sticking to their beliefs.

FG won't go into power with SF even though that's their stance before an election and their sticking to their beliefs and their voters knew this= bad.

SF will never admit to hypocrisy.

Just resort to whataboutery and it was someone else's fault.

SF supporters logic.

SF won't take seats in Westminster= good, because their voters voted knowing that stance and that means SF are sticking to their beliefs.

FG won't go into power with SF even though that's their stance before an election and their sticking to their beliefs and their voters knew this= bad.

https://twitter.com/BarryMcColgan/status/1250168590243954688?s=09

Don't go anywhere - be right back with the Leo brainfart about putting Michaél Martin back in govt would be like putting John Delaney back in charge of the FAI. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

• Advertisement

celt262 wrote: »
    What's that got to do with FG?

See above.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1224826375355367431?s=19

Mind you - Leo was sports minister during Delaney's tenure so he'd probably be ok with it anyways

(That was pre election, right?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

Boring ... exit thread . Crowd of gangsters and not just the SF ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

https://twitter.com/BarryMcColgan/status/1250168590243954688?s=09

Don't go anywhere - be right back with the Leo brainfart about putting Michaél Martin back in govt would be like putting John Delaney back in charge of the FAI. :D

??

Wow.

Didn't Mary Lou say FG or FF back in government would be a disaster.

Yet moans FG and FF won't talk to SF about forming a government???

Come on, wake up and smell the hypocrisy.

??

Wow.

What's your point exactly here?

All of the leaders of the 3 main party's said they didn't want to enter coalition with each of the other - but only Sinn Fein are hypocritical?

The Westminster argument is certainly a new one, that hasn't been discussed on this site to death already*, I'm actually disappointed in myself for even answering it now. :mad:

Not a very well thought out or presented argument tbh.

*Sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

??

Wow.

Mary Lou moaning!
    Ooooh Vicar!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Edgware wrote: »
    Mary Lou moaning!
    Ooooh Vicar!

Put in a smiley face or hahaha that will let us know you're really screwed argument wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

smurgen wrote: »
    Put in a smiley face or hahaha that will let us know you're really screwed argument wise.

Yep,and they wonder why anyone under 65 wants to wipe FG/FF out of politics in this country and why they are in freefall with the electorate

Just have a look at the FG/ FF and the FG who pretend they are green supporters on here and their remarks on a women leader,"Moaning Mary lou,whiney Mary lou,Mary loo,just because she is a woman and she is doing her job in opposition speaking out.
    Remarks about her weight,her appearance and even mocking her illness that she could have died of and then you have idiots on here saying that SF does not have any decent supporters!!

There are only two party's who are haemorrhaging support in every election to the point of extinction as single entities and it is easy to see why when you see their type of nasty backward lowlife supporters who lack any shred of decency.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

tipptom wrote: »
    There are only two party's who are haemorrhaging support in every election to the point of extinction as single entities and it is easy to see why when you see their type of nasty backward lowlife supporters who lack any shred of decency.

Labour?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

SF supporters logic.

WTF is this???????
    You are literally highlighting the hypocrisy FG have, but reversed the stances..

JibberJabber69 would be a more suitable name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

SF supporters logic.

To be fair,FG have advocated Sinn Féin take their Westminster seats(something they didnt promise) and Sinn Féin have complained FG want to keep them out of government (which may or may not mean they might in limited circumstances share power even with FG,there was a hint in the three way debate)
    That's not hypocrisy in my opinion
    Mary Lou does actually get on with Leo,despite the punch and Judy
    There is a mutual respect independent of policy
    So you never know what might happen in future (not this Dáil)
    Coalition's are not manifestos
    They're at at least an attempt to get some of the promised done

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement