Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Mortelaro wrote: »
    To be fair,FG have advocated Sinn Féin take their Westminster seats(something they didnt promise) and Sinn Féin have complained FG want to keep them out of government (which may or may not mean they might in limited circumstances share power even with FG,there was a hint in the three way debate)
    That's not hypocrisy in my opinion
    Mary Lou does actually get on with Leo,despite the punch and Judy
    There is a mutual respect independent of policy
    So you never know what might happen in future (not this Dáil)
    Coalition's are not manifestos
    They're at at least an attempt to get some of the promised done

They get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

They get on?
    Mutual respect! I don't know how you came to that conclusion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Edgware wrote: »
    Mutual respect! I don't know how you came to that conclusion

They do actually get on

Mortelaro wrote: »
    They do actually get on

Didn't leo have a dig at her in the Dáil a while ago and Mary Lou walked out.

I don't think they get on.

Quite a while ago
    They've got over that long ago

• Advertisement

No. She was ordered to leave by the Ceann Comhairle because she wouldn’t sit down and shut up. She kept mouthing off at Leo on her was out.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Its been 3months since the election, how come no1 is talking about how Sinn Fein are forming a government? Who are they talking to, what plans or programs for government are they planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Its been 3months since the election, how come no1 is talking about how Sinn Fein are forming a government? Who are they talking to, what plans or programs for government are they planning?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Mary Lou and Leo get on well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Did Mary Lou not call Leo a nasty name after he got the Taoiseach job... Leo can be polite but I do not think for a minute they get along.

Dan.

• Advertisement

Theres absolutely no malice between them or bad blood,they do get on
    A lot of that comes out of northern Ireland talks over the last while and during Brexit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Zico

Mary Lou and Leo get on well.

Probably played hockey together.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Imelda Munster was on yesterday saying ML for Taoiseach again and bladdering about building the same amount of houses as before the election.

Seems to have gone above her head that the country is in avery different place now.

Although Shortall is just as bad, they should just stop talking to herself and Murphy they are more bother than they are worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Imelda Munster was on yesterday saying ML for Taoiseach again and bladdering about building the same amount of houses as before the election.

Seems to have gone above her head that the country is in avery different place now.

Although Shortall is just as bad, they should just stop talking to herself and Murphy they are more bother than they are worth.

I saw that piece last night and it was a bit of a car crash... Munster seemed very unprepared.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

You think that the housing plan should be abandoned?

I would have thought it should be stepped up with more urgency than ever.

I see Michelle O Néill has criticised the governments plan for easing restrictions.

Like is she actually for real?

I suppose when you aren't doing the job you're supposed to you get bored.

An unbelievable party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tipptom wrote: »

We can't afford more FF/FG self enrichment policies be it housing during a housing crisis or private clinics/Ireland on call during a global pandemic.
    They see opportunity in crisis. When they should be looking out for the public they are not. When things get historically bad they use it like a smoke screen to look after their own. Despicable.

Former Anglo board member at the helm no less.
    The HSE has hired the recruitment company CPL, which provides subcontractors to Facebook and other large employers, to support the “Be on Call for Ireland” recruitment drive.

CPL has been recruited to contract the workers “due to the strain on existing HSE resources to meet the Covid-19 challenge,” the HSE spokeswoman said in a statement.

The publicly funded health service declined to disclose what it was paying the private company, saying that the rate of pay “for its services for this project is commercially sensitive.”
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/almost-2-000-working-or-job-ready-through-ireland-s-call-recruitment-drive-1.4243829

It's the height of hypocrisy to read FG flag wavers talking about the bad sums or poor financials of other parties when you see what FG are at. Losing the tax payer money by hook or by crook, (pun intended).

Now that AirBnB lets have returned to their rightful private lets, housing isn’t such a big issue.

Now that AirBnB lets have returned to their rightful private lets, housing isn’t such a big issue.

Is this not just pretending the problem has gone away,a year to 18 months,world will be back the same as before??

An econmic improvement,like rain,will always happen again,pretending the same thing wont happen as regards air.bnbs is like thinking it wont rain again during a drought imo

Poor medium to long term planning has long dogged ireland,looks like its to continue under another ff/fg government

Where are you getting this from? My own anecdotal evidence suggests everything is on hold or has slowed to a crawl because of the pandemic. Do you have evidence on homeless families just not being homeless anymore or people unable to afford a roof of their own suddenly having no problems?
    The so called 'charity industry' got some families off the list and into private rentals a few weeks back, which is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Is this not just pretending the problem has gone away,a year to 18 months,world will be back the same as before??

An econmic improvement,like rain,will always happen again,pretending the same thing wont happen as regards air.bnbs is like thinking it wont rain again during a drought imo

Poor medium to long term planning has long dogged ireland,looks like its to continue under another ff/fg government

You can expect the cost of new builds to increase dramatically too if the greens enter Govt. Highly unlikely you will get pp with a chimney in a couple of years and the extra cost of providing green heat will drive prices upward.
    There will be no cheap housing for anyone, affordable will only be for the better off

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

If SF were to get into Government then would their representatives start calling the country by its proper title?

Like you wouldn’t want a SF minister of trade and employment for the Republic of Ireland heading overseas and refusing to give the proper title of the country he/she is a minister of.

If SF were to get into Government then would their representatives start calling the country by its proper title?

Like you wouldn’t want a SF minister of trade and employment for the Republic of Ireland heading overseas and refusing to give the proper title of the country he/she is a minister of.

It would be like voting for them and them not going to Westminister. People likely know what they are voting for.
    When abroad I tell people I'm Irish which they take to mean as the island of Ireland. I've found this in Scotland and England too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

You can expect the cost of new builds to increase dramatically too if the greens enter Govt. Highly unlikely you will get pp with a chimney in a couple of years and the extra cost of providing green heat will drive prices upward.
    There will be no cheap housing for anyone, affordable will only be for the better off

You think FF/FG will care about what price it will cost the taxpayer to build houses as long as they get one more crack at power and another chance to throw more goodies to their Owen o Callaghan/Denis o Brien etc charity's?

You think FF/FG will care about what price it will cost the taxpayer to build houses as long as they get one more crack at power and another chance to throw more goodies to their Owen o Callaghan/Denis o Brien etc charity's?
    Usual rubbish from you. Come back with something thats relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 16,564 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The economy has ground to a halt, we are borrowing to keep the lights on and pay for the 20% of the population who are out of work.

You do realise the election promises were based on the state of the country last January and Febuary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

O'Callaghan died 3 years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Bowie wrote: »
    Where are you getting this from? My own anecdotal evidence suggests everything is on hold or has slowed to a crawl because of the pandemic. Do you have evidence on homeless families just not being homeless anymore or people unable to afford a roof of their own suddenly having no problems?
    The so called 'charity industry' got some families off the list and into private rentals a few weeks back, which is great.

Another shinner was on here the other day saying that the collapse of airbnb had solved the homeless crisis. One of ye has gone off script.

O'Callaghan died 3 years ago...
    Dont let the truth get in the way of a good rant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »

Your own anecdotal evidence? Do you have something to back that up, or are you just kite-flying?

The charity industry isn't "so-called", there are an awful lot of high-paid fat cats benefitting from the charity industry. Rehab wasn't the half of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement