Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

blanch152 wrote: »
    Your own anecdotal evidence? Do you have something to back that up, or are you just kite-flying?

The charity industry isn't "so-called", there are an awful lot of high-paid fat cats benefitting from the charity industry. Rehab wasn't the half of it.

The NGOs and charities came about because of public policy and inertia by various government there is nothing to stop the government takeing over the work of the charities NGO and providing the services directly themselves as state run services would be so much more efficiently and cheaper that the NGO's and charities :pac:

The NGO have very carefully negotiated services level agreement with any government agency that funds them.

A policy of saying someones primary presentations is homelessness when in reality it's mental health is a deliberate policy choice.

What’s very positive about the future is that the size of the in-patient unit is much smaller,” Kelly says. “The Phoenix Care Centre has a maximum of 54 beds, compared to 2,500 beds at the start of the 1900s. That’s a huge change. It allows more focus on the individual. Sometimes, in the history of the asylums, that’s what was lost, quite simply.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/goodbye-grangegorman-1.1314269

I am not saying bring back large mental health hospitals, but the whole areas of NGO and charities in the homeless services is very complex.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    Your own anecdotal evidence? Do you have something to back that up, or are you just kite-flying?

The charity industry isn't "so-called", there are an awful lot of high-paid fat cats benefitting from the charity industry. Rehab wasn't the half of it.

Do you know what 'anecdotal' means? Where's Maryanne's? Why have you no comment on Maryanne's, is her kite flying more to your liking so somehow more legit?

I was referring to how some use 'industry' as a slight. You must have stumbled across such usage?

None-the-less, the charities are helping the people out of the homeless situation which is commendable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

I heard that SF lined up McFeely to head up OPW and manage the social housing projects. He’s a good republican and has plenty of experience delivering large scale developments. Shame that they were unable to form a coalition.

Hubertj wrote: »
    I heard that SF lined up McFeely to head up OPW and manage the social housing projects. He’s a good republican and has plenty of experience delivering large scale developments. Shame that they were unable to form a coalition.

Did they try and form a coalition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Did they try and form a coalition?

Nope even Richard Boyd Barrett, the biggest empty vessel in Irish politics called them out on it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Why they line up anyone when
    1. They had no idea they would get such a big revolt vote
    2. Have never tried to form a government since the election

I have no idea who this person is but still makes no difference because whoever is saying he was lined up is talking BS

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ah yes, the man who built Priory Hall, one of the biggest shysters around, and a good republican to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

Surely if FFFG+Greens go ahead it would be an epic fail for SF. They won the election but lost the Government

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I have no idea who this person is but still makes no difference because whoever is saying he was lined up is talking BS

Google Tom McFeely. Top lad. I’m taking the pi*s but nothing would surprise me with SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

Nope even Richard Boyd Barrett, the biggest empty vessel in Irish politics called them out on it!

Is this true they made no attempt to go into government?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭celt262

Double

I did ask on another thread and failed to get a response from the usual suspects

In the last 30 years in Irish politics what has SF done? Name something good they have implemented to change Ireland for better

I’m talking South now

I did ask on another thread and failed to get a response from the usual suspects

In the last 30 years in Irish politics what has SF done? Name something good they have implemented to change Ireland for better

I’m talking South now

I suppose you could say they stopped blowing up kids. You could argue it changed Ireland for the better?

I suppose you could say they stopped blowing up kids. You could argue it changed Ireland for the better?

Well that was John Hume, Bertie and Clinton who made sure that stopped but I am talking about south now...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You went 2 or 3 days accusing me if having no manners because I gave you multiple examples of how this was patently untrue the last time you posted this.

The "I didn't know" excuse won't work this time I'm afraid shef.

I'd post multiple links and news articles this time too, but you'd probably refuse to read them.

Again.

McMurphy wrote: »
    You went 2 or 3 days accusing me if having no manners because I gave you multiple examples of how this was patently untrue the last time you posted this.

The "I didn't know" excuse won't work this time I'm afraid shef.

I'd post multiple links and news articles this time too, but you'd probably refuse to read them.

Again.

Wrong thread....

I accused you of bully boy tactics which you continue with. I have already said 4-5 times I made a mistake but instead of accepting and moving on you are now bringing it across multiple thread. Maybe you can keep that discussion to the thread it started on.

I will thell you what they did in the south in the last 30 years and I am not a SF supporter.

They shuck up the cosey consensus of FG FF Labour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

mariaalice wrote: »
    I will thell you what they did in the south in the last 30 years and I am not a SF supporter.

They shuck up the cosey condenses of FG FF Labour.

Give us a list of what else of merit they did...
    Keep it to 3 or 4 achievements..
    Take your time.

Wrong thread....

I accused you of bully boy tactics which you continue with. I have already said 4-5 times I made a mistake but instead of accepting and moving on you are now bringing it across multiple thread. Maybe you can keep that discussion to the thread it started on.

You accused me of being "unmannerly" because I pointed out to you - complete with multiple links and news clippings that what you have claimed today again was absolutely untrue, but you're back making the exact same claim today again - and when it's pointed out to you that you're still making untrue claims, and having to be reminded how this has been pointed out to you before.

Now you are trying to make this about an entirely different "mistake".

Did it ever occur to you that you post an awful lot in political themed threads, of which you apparently know nothing about?

It's mistake after mistake with you.

Nice deflection attempt though.

You accused me of being "unmannerly" because I pointed out to you - complete with multiple links and news clippings that what you have claimed today again was absolutely untrue, but you're back making the exact same claim today again - and when it's pointed out to you that you're still making untrue claims, and having to be reminded how this has been pointed out to you before.

Now you are trying to make this about an entirely different "mistake".

Did it ever occur to you that you post an awful lot in political themed threads, of which you apparently know nothing about?

It's mistake after mistake with you.

Nice deflection attempt though.

Let me repeat

Thanks

• Advertisement

mariaalice wrote: »

They shuck up the cosey condenses of FG FF Labour.

Thats enough for me,

Im happy to see/give them get a chance here,

the 2 party leader debate screamed arrogance for me......essentially rte and ffg coming together and saying yous must only vote for just these two and no other option allowed.

Great to see,someone rattle them & hopefully things will change

Thats enough for me,

the 2 party leader debate screamed arrogance for me......essentially rte and ffg coming together and saying yous must only vote for just these two and no other option allowed.

Despite haveing some good TD's, the support they attract put me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Thats enough for me,

To be fair,convention was that the 2 largest parties from the last election were invited to participate
    Opinion polls in current ones are ignored
    In theory if the new practice is continued it will be back to two at the next one MLM vs Leo

Let me repeat

Thanks

So you spout nonsense, when this is pointed out to you - go for days accusing me of having no manners because I gave links and articles proving you were spouting nonsense, you pop up a few weeks later spouting the exact same nonsense, you then try and hide behind a "mistake" you made in a different thread about a different subject (no acknowledgment of having your nonsense once again pointed out to you) - you now try to divert the subject as to how I was "bullying you" about something in a different thread (about the same nonsense) and now want me to answer a question about something completely different altogether.

If mental contortionists ever become a competitive sport at Olympic level - Ireland can bank on you returning home with multiple golds shef.

You're one of the most disingenuous posters on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

So you spout nonsense, when this is pointed out to you - go for days accusing me of having no manners because I gave links and articles proving you were spouting nonsense, you pop up a few weeks later spouting the exact same nonsense, you then try and hide behind a "mistake" you made in a different thread about a different subject (no acknowledgment of having your nonsense once again pointed out to you) - you now try to divert the subject as to how I was "bullying you" about something in a different thread (about the same nonsense) and now want me to answer a question about something completely different altogether.

If mental contortionists ever become a competitive sport at Olympic level - Ireland can bank on you returning home with multiple golds shef.

You're one of the most disingenuous posters on this site.

Any chance you could answer the question the poster asked ?

mattser wrote: »

I will when he answers why he posted stuff he knows well to be false, seeing as he spent days accusing me of being unmannerly for pointing the lie out to him , and when reminded about it, tried to pivot onto something else?

Does that sound fair?

Are you his mammy btw mattser?

mattser wrote: »

I wouldn't expect it. I admitted an error on another thread and now its been dragged onto this one:rolleyes:

Instead of answering the question expect 2-3 pages of attacking posters, see response to you for example

I wouldn't expect it. I admitted an error on another thread and now its been dragged onto this one::

Instead of answering the question expect 2-3 pages of attacking posters, see response to you for example

No - your error about the Ceann Comhairle is a completely separate error that no-one is mentioning here (except you)

Any chance you might clarify why you are repeating the same nonsense that you have had bebunked already, and are now attempting to make this about something else entirely?

If you're insistent on refusing to clarify, and try and latch on to a different argument, that's fine.

But at least say so - and everyone can move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

celt262 wrote: »
    Is this true they made no attempt to go into government?

There were soundbites about it, some setpiece meetings in the week after the election, but since then nada.

While FF and FG were able to produce an outline programme for Government and exchange questions and answers with the Greens, there has been zilch of substance from Sinn Fein, to the extent that even Richard Boyd-Barrett has been calling them out on it.

• Advertisement

Mortelaro wrote: »
    To be fair,convention was that the 2 largest parties from the last election were invited to participate
    Opinion polls in current ones are ignored
    In theory if the new practice is continued it will be back to two at the next one MLM vs Leo

Tbh i was of view all leaders of parties that get their ard feis speech (afaik 5% vote is set limit?) broadcast should been included

Be that labour,greens,pbp,justin barrets crew,soc dems if they ever gain enough should be included too....it was gross arrogance of rte and ffg demanding everyone else be excluded from leaders debate,

That basically typified the better than us vibe that permetates irish politics from the established parties,hopefully this is forever shattered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement