Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Councillor Paul Hayes Cork has now vanished from the party. No support from McDonald in the General Election. The Dublin trio of McDonald, O Broin and O Reilly seem to be calling the shots (no pun intended). Even the Falls Rd lads will get fed up of that soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭mattser

McMurphy wrote: »
    I will when he answers why he posted stuff he knows well to be false, seeing as he spent days accusing me of being unmannerly for pointing the lie out to him , and when reminded about it, tried to pivot onto something else?

Does that sound fair?

Are you his mammy btw mattser
    ?

If you don't want to answer the question, that's fine. No need for the smartassery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

mattser wrote: »
    If you don't want to answer the question, that's fine. No need for the smartassery.

Let me know what part of this you don't get and I will run through it with you.
    I will when he answers why he posted stuff he knows well to be false, seeing as he spent days accusing me of being unmannerly for pointing the lie out to him , and when reminded about it, tried to pivot onto something else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lot of anger on this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    No - your error about the Ceann Comhairle is a completely separate error that no-one is mentioning here (except you)

Any chance you might clarify why you are repeating the same nonsense that you have had bebunked already, and are now attempting to make this about something else entirely?

If you're insistent on refusing to clarify, and try and latch on to a different argument, that's fine.

But at least say so - and everyone can move on.

So your saying SF did try to form a government? except they managed to get no support from any party in Ireland? to me thats not trying.....so we agree to differ

Any chance of answering the question?

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So your saying SF did try to form a government? except they managed to get no support from any party in Ireland? to me thats not trying.....so we agree to differ

Any chance of answering the question?

They didn’t try very hard. Didn’t respond to approach from PBP. https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/boyd-barrett-yet-to-hear-from-sinn-fein-on-forming-left-wing-coalition-998178.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

"Dont hit me with the Peace Process in me arms". Although since Adams went we dont get that threat anymore. The Dublin gang of three seem to be running the show

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Humilde

they won't be happy that Leo and Co seem to be doing a reasonable job over the virus. its a major potential banana skin for any government and FG seem to be keeping it together so far. Leo, as far as his abilities allow, did a good job with his state of the nation address.

a reasonable job? You are joking I assume. Go round to to the local nursing hones in your area. I think they'll tell you about the job that's been done on them. I'm apolitical but it's clear that Mary Lou McDonald will be leading the government within the next few years. She can then be judged by her actions in government. The current old boys club is in trouble and they know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Edgware wrote: »
    "Dont hit me with the Peace Process in me arms". Although since Adams went we dont get that threat anymore. The Dublin gang of three seem to be running the show

jaysus make up yer minds. one minute its shadowy people in belfast, now its 'the dublin gang of three'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

never knew MLMD was part of the northern government ..otherwise she can hardly be 'two faced'. usual cheap, inaccurate shots. keep reading the Indo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

blanch152 wrote: »
    That was a very powerful response.

Comparing apples and oranges if ye ask me. Or like a few more on here, answering a question you were never asked.

He really hasn't a clue.

maccored wrote: »
    never knew MLMD was part of the northern government ..otherwise she can hardly be 'two faced'. usual cheap, inaccurate shots. keep reading the Indo.
    Fann Linn wrote: »
    Comparing apples and oranges if ye ask me. Or like a few more on here, answering a question you were never asked.

He really hasn't a clue.

Mary-Lou isn't part of the government in the South either, yet she isn't slow to criticise.

Where is she on the paltry amount of £100 to those who lost their jobs in the North? Where is she on government food parcels being handed out by her own Ministers in that government? Nowhere, she says nothing.

Where is she on the spill-over into Cavan and Monaghan with their higher rates of Covid-19 as a result of lax practices in the North? Nowhere, she says nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I see Richard Boyd Barrett has said he has heard nothing back from Sinn Féin after his letter to Mary Lou the other day.

Who said this forming a government has a bit to run yet?

He didnt say MLMD was part of northern government, he said she was a leader of an All Ireland party, a party in power in Northern Ireland

He is right, she should be ashamed, throwing mud in Ireland and no care for the North

Mary-Lou isn't part of the government in the South either, yet she isn't slow to criticise.

Where is she on the paltry amount of £100 to those who lost their jobs in the North? Where is she on government food parcels being handed out by her own Ministers in that government? Nowhere, she says nothing.

Where is she on the spill-over into Cavan and Monaghan with their higher rates of Covid-19 as a result of lax practices in the North? Nowhere, she says nothing.

So Stormont doesn't set rates and Leo was bullsh1tting. Thanks Blanch.

Good on Leo, everyone is sick of listen to Mary Lou throwin mud while doing nothing in Ireland or her party doing anything in the North.....

:P:P
    Its always someone elses fault isnt it

Whats the point in putting SF into any government when all they do is point the finger at someone else?

• Advertisement

I see Richard Boyd Barrett has said he has heard nothing back from Sinn Féin after his letter to Mary Lou the other day.

Who said this forming a government has a bit to run yet?

At the rate that Sinn Fein are working on it, they might get a draft to him by 2022.

Leo was pointing out her whinging and complaining about the South, while doing nothing about the North.

At the very least, if she has no power in the North, she could at least take up her seats and raise it in Westminister.

As always, though, she is doing nothing and is full of cheap talk.

At the rate that Sinn Fein are working on it, they might get a draft to him by 2022.

SF email department

lazy-young-man-lying-on-260nw-299382308.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

To be fair, the indo is run by an FF stalwart these days,very dig dig at FG
    You'd quite like it probably, save for today's reporting of the roasting Leo gave MLM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

What is the point of SF or any party in the North?

Nothing ever seems to be their responsibility or fault. It's always big bad Westminster.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,715 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

SF is an all island party so surely they also want an equal policy platform...its like pension changes fine for NI but not ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

What is the point of SF or any party in the North?

Nothing ever seems to be their responsibility or fault. It's always big bad Westminster.

Health is their responsibility. It's been devolved from Westminster to the North. There really is no reason why an all island response to covid19 can't be implemented. SF are in the best position to do this and would be better off working on this than nitpicking at what FG are doing in the Republic.

aido79 wrote: »
    Health is their responsibility. It's been devolved from Westminster to the North. There really is no reason why an all island response to covid19 can't be implemented. SF are in the best position to do this and would be better off working on this than nitpicking at what FG are doing in the Republic.

They have failed abysmally at that. The higher rates of deaths in the border counties are testament to that.

These threads are interesting. If you see the FF and FG supporters they can see the good and bad in the party. Have a conversation

Then you have SF, everything is wonderful. They are incredible. MLM is brill.

But a simple question like what have SF done in 30 years in the South which has helped Irish people and not a single answer. The bit of power they have is in the North and it is a disaster, they even shut down the government for 3 years. Anyone asks about it and it was XYZ fault.

Like honestly how can anyone have such a blinded view of SF? why do people think they are actually going to do anything? even look at their politicians, the newest and greatest who are supposed to have no links to the bad SF. We have "up da ra" boyo who they wouldn't even condemn at any level. Then you have the charity thief who is too busy on facebook abusing people to actually help. Like it really it a rabble.

Yet you look on here, well it is just baffling to me.

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    These threads are interesting. If you see the FF and FG supporters they can see the good and bad in the party. Have a conversation

Then you have SF, everything is wonderful. They are incredible. MLM is brill.

But a simple question like what have SF done in 30 years in the South which has helped Irish people and not a single answer. The bit of power they have is in the North and it is a disaster, they even shut down the government for 3 years. Anyone asks about it and it was XYZ fault.

Like honestly how can anyone have such a blinded view of SF? why do people think they are actually going to do anything? even look at their politicians, the newest and greatest who are supposed to have no links to the bad SF. We have "up da ra" boyo who they wouldn't even condemn at any level. Then you have the charity thief who is too busy on facebook abusing people to actually help. Like it really it a rabble.

Yet you look on here, well it is just baffling to me.

You should get a few 'thanks' for all that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement