Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Just catching up on this . He gave her the roasting she deserves. You have to wonder are a lot of the people who voted SF as a protest vote regretting the vote now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,532 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It would be interesting to see the SF supporters on here, who think the IRA achieved something. How many actually lived in the North or in the border area during the troubles?

You could ask but I doubt you would get a proper answer. Same with all these facebook clowns going around sticking the flag on everything as if they are great patriots. I bet the percentage is extremely low.

It’s in the past anyway. It’s like the story that was dug up the week of the election, did it negatively affect the SF result or did it actually affect it positively in SF’s favour as voters saw it for what it was; cherry picking events from the past to use for political purposes today. Both FF and FG also emerged from civil war and revolutionary conflict.

SF lead opposition now. The space is there for them to grow and become the biggest political party on the island, and they’re no more populist or (as time goes on) linked to a conflict and everything that comes with that than FFG. Just a more recent conflict but consigned to the past nonetheless.

This thread is indicative of the desperation felt by FF and FG fans as SF take the lead in opposition. They (FFG) had it their own way in Ireland for so long as they swapped places between them. The game is changing for them now though and they know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Nope. FF actually softened their stance re government coalition with SF on the first day of the election count when the projected numbers put them about 7 seats ahead. When it turned out that the results were almost neck and neck and with SF having a larger voteshare, FF changed tack and made a coalition with FG (who they pledged they wouldn’t also) instead.

This was outlined before on this thread. It’s unbelievable that this thread is still rumbling on with the same posters like you repeating yourselves ad nauseam. You didn’t want SF in government but you didn’t want them leading opposition either. The game is up.

SF will continue to play the long game and the more you attack them the bigger they will grow.

I think the waiting game would work for other parties. When you have the likes of Violet Anne in a party the last thing you want is time. Already she has probably lost the revolt voters from the election.

I know in my area, everyone has yet to see the SF politician raise his head since the election. Even the FG politician that got kicked out was out helping in the community with Covid, SF not a sign. WOuld he get in if they had another election? I don't know but I would expect the FG lady would get a bump in votes because of her work

It’s in the past anyway. It’s like the story that was dug up the week of the election, did it negatively affect the SF result or did it actually affect it positively in SF’s favour as voters saw it for what it was; cherry picking events from the past to use for political purposes today. Both FF and FG also emerged from civil war and revolutionary conflict.

SF lead opposition now. The space is there for them to grow and become the biggest political party on the island, and they’re no more populist or (as time goes on) linked to a conflict and everything that comes with that than FFG. Just a more recent conflict but consigned to the past nonetheless.

This thread is indicative of the desperation felt by FF and FG fans as SF take the lead in opposition. They (FFG) had it their own way in Ireland for so long as they swapped places between them. The game is changing for them now though and they know it.

The civil war should not be compared to the troubles. IRA killed people all over Ireland just because, nothing about the British army in that. Or as I asked how did killing a scumbag like Martin Cahill help the fight against the British Army?

If FF lost the election you could accuse people of desperation, in reality as a supporter the party will be back in power in the next few weeks hopefully. Not sure why I would be desperate??

Just catching up on this . He gave her the roasting she deserves. You have to wonder are a lot of the people who voted SF as a protest vote regretting the vote now?
    He threw the “what happened in Northern Ireland” stuff at her? SF are in office in Northern Ireland they try to get what they want done, they don’t have full control and ultimately the Tories have the final say. SF were at loggerheads with the DUP at the start of the pandemic over the DUP doing the usual following the British government lead on imposing restrictions etc. SF wanted the approach to tally with what we were doing down here but they can only do what they can, they can’t force the DUP to comply. When the Assembly in the North was out of action FF and FG used it as a stick to beat SF and when SF are in the Assembly keeping it in operation they still use it as a stick to beat them with.

Varadkar was showing his claws there. SF will enjoy leading opposition and will become bigger than the two of them and Varadkar and his chums know it.

• Advertisement

The civil war should not be compared to the troubles. IRA killed people all over Ireland just because, nothing about the British army in that. Or as I asked how did killing a scumbag like Martin Cahill help the fight against the British Army?

If FF lost the election you could accuse people of desperation, in reality as a supporter the party will be back in power in the next few weeks hopefully. Not sure why I would be desperate??
    Says who? Says you because it suits you to say that you mean. Nah, it doesn’t work like that pal.

I thought you were an FGer anyway, but I suppose it makes no difference whatsoever now.

He threw the “what happened in Northern Ireland” stuff at her? SF are in office in Northern Ireland they try to get what they want done, they don’t have full control and ultimately the Tories have the final say. SF were at loggerheads with the DUP at the start of the pandemic over the DUP doing the usual following the British government lead on imposing restrictions etc. SF wanted the approach to tally with what we were doing down here but they can only do what they can, they can’t force the DUP to comply. When the Assembly in the North was out of action FF and FG used it as a stick to beat SF and when SF are in the Assembly keeping it in operation they still use it as a stick to beat them with.

Varadkar was showing his claws there. SF will enjoy leading opposition and will become bigger than the two of them and Varadkar and his chums know it.
    Thats wishful thinking, they are showing themselves up now for what they are a bag of wind with no substance.

It's called a power sharing. SF have same power as DUP. So far they have done what in the North? or you just doing to say it is all the DUP?

As always with SF supporters it is someone elses fault. Anytime a question come up on what SF have done it is a list of excuses.

Leo was 100% right....its about time people started to hear it.

I think the waiting game would work for other parties. When you have the likes of Violet Anne in a party the last thing you want is time. Already she has probably lost the revolt voters from the election.

I know in my area, everyone has yet to see the SF politician raise his head since the election. Even the FG politician that got kicked out was out helping in the community with Covid, SF not a sign. WOuld he get in if they had another election? I don't know but I would expect the FG lady would get a bump in votes because of her work

You’re right about one thing you said there above; you don’t know. You’re just hoping that your side will recover lost ground. In my view SF leading opposition means they will grow larger. I think deep down you think that as well but you’re not going to admit that of course.

It's called a power sharing. SF have same power as DUP. So far they have done what in the North? or you just doing to say it is all the DUP?

As always with SF supporters it is someone elses fault. Anytime a question come up on what SF have done it is a list of excuses.

Leo was 100% right....its about time people started to hear it.
    I don’t live in the North, I don’t know exactly what they do. I suppose they do the same things FG have done down here as regards operating day to day departments like health and education etc. Or whatever brief their representatives are in charge of.

Did/do SF have control over fiscal matters like how much the Covid payment would be? Or is something like that overseen by Westminster in the sense that if it’s 350 in NI it has to be the same in Scotland or in England? I don’t know, and you don’t know either, won’t stop you blathering on about it though.

Imagine if SF were in government down here and sanctioned €350 Covid payment, imagine the bleating on about irresponsibility etc from FGers like you if you were in opposition.

Varadkar used the approach in NI to merely get a dig in. The reality is a little more complex.

• Advertisement

Thats wishful thinking, they are showing themselves up now for what they are a bag of wind with no substance.

Wishful thinking? Funny you say that, I’m seeing a lot of wishful thinking with FF and FG fans on this thread. A whole thread load of wishful thinking. Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Hang on a minute here, leo was giving out yesterday in the Dail about the shinners helping out in the local community during the covid 19 pandemic, leo said they were doing it for "publicity on social media" (I know, right :D)

**Insert photos of Leo, Simon and Eoghan here**

You should send Leo a strongly worded text/mail/tweet/handwritten letter and tell him he's talking out of his rear end, ain't no shinners out your way.

I don’t live in the North, I don’t know exactly what they do. I suppose they do the same things FG have done down here as regards operating day to day departments like health and education etc. Or whatever brief their representatives are in charge of.

Did/do SF have control over fiscal matters like how much the Covid payment would be? Or is something like that overseen by Westminster in the sense that if it’s 350 in NI it has to be the same in Scotland or in England? I don’t know, and you don’t know either, won’t stop you blathering on about it though.

Imagine if SF were in government down here and sanctioned €350 Covid payment, imagine the bleating on about irresponsibility etc from FGers like you if you were in opposition.

Varadkar used the approach in NI to merely get a dig in. The reality is a little more complex.

Another excuse. Just a long winded one

If SF are not going to do anything in the North, why bother running for government? just with draw from the voting process.....

McMurphy wrote: »
    Hang on a minute here, leo was giving out yesterday in the Dail about the shinners helping out in the local community during the covid 19 pandemic, leo said they were doing it for "publicity on social media" (I know, right :D)

**Insert photos of Leo, Simon and Eoghan here**

You should send Leo a strongly worded text/mail/tweet/handwritten letter and tell him he's talking out of his rear end, ain't no shinners out your way.

Was that supposed to be funny? or just to get post count up today?

Was that supposed to be funny? or just to get post count up today?

Hard to argue with a rebuttal of such caliber tbh.

Hard to fathom a leader who stands up in the Dail, whinges about his political opponents handing out food parcels "for attention on social media" and be completely unaware one of his own ministers was doing the exact same thing not even 24hrs previous lol.

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1258447797872930816?s=19

You couldn't make it up tbh. You really couldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,786 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bowie wrote: »
    FF SF, Greens and Labour got more of a mandate...wait, what's the point? Various numbers of others got more votes combined than other combinations of others? Okay.

I think everyone knows the connections between SF and the IRA and either voted for them or didn't. Do you think you are schooling the electorate or something? SF is in part made up of former IRA. We all know this.

SF would be stupid to claim any firm association to an illegal organisation. locals
    The IRA are not active and signed up to peace. That's all I care about. If you want talking out the side of your mouth look no further than FF/FG happy to take selfies and get pats on the back for the peace process while constantly talking like it never happened when criticised for policies.

There is a major difference in normal day to day, politics of politicians bluffing - to a party glorifying paramilitary organisation (SF), A paramilitary crowd which is a parties back bone (SF)- in this day and age. And not only that, a party who protects republicans who engaged in murder in thier community just because they had a row for instance. I find it all a bit sick, as do many others. Control through fear/omerta that is how it works.

That is not politics. That is akin to the same tactics Hitler had with the Brownshirts/SA when they surrounded the Reichstag to make sure those inside knew how to vote on the Enabling Act in 1933.

SF's tactics are still the same - only they are much more covert and insidious manner, to get people to toe the line and say nothing. Or talk in circles and muddy the waters, when it comes to criminal republican activities.

You only have to look at the Sean Quinn case (murder victim after republican's took offence), Maria Cahill case (Republican rape victim) , Liam Adams Case (Republican pedophile kept in SF circles for years). The Liam Adams case really contrasts what happened Dennis 'the tout' Donaldson by the way.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/man-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-denis-donaldson-1.3945518?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fireland%2Firish-news%2Fman-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-denis-donaldson-1.3945518

Why was that I wonder?

It is dirty murky world in SF the feminisation of SF may put a veneer of harmlessness to it. But do a small bit of digging and it is not a pretty sight. You only have to look at some of the comments from SF TD's during the GE and only a few years back the antics of O'Snodaigh where his SF helpers were spying in the Dail.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/sf-man-linked-to-ira-ring-spying-on-tds-26226624.html

And AOS wife and his sister who have shown zero respect for the Gardai in thier past actions.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wife-of-sf-deputy-among-three-fined-for-public-order-offences-1.405803

That is the mindset.

It is kind of funny, when he spends loads on printer ink:

https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/aengus-o-snodaigh-admits-to-using-loads-of-ink-cartridges-but-insists-he-did-nothing-wrong-33091

But when AOS calls a Jewish TD 'Goebbels' we can really see the true colours of SF.

https://www.herald.ie/news/osnodaigh-stoops-even-lower-with-nazi-jibe-at-jewish-td-27898237.html

It is a real murky world SF live in. Lowest common denominator stuff which sells well in areas like Clondalkin, Darndale etc

The ordinary decent 'clued in' Irish voter does not want this sort of stuff.

This is the whole reason there is the stalemate. Under Dail privilege SF could easily come clean and route out those polluting SF. But they cannot, not because it is an illegal organisation, but because some very high profile un-elected current or former IRA members are pulling the strings in SF. It will not happen on thier watch.

Also there is a real irony about why SF did not run more candidates. Because they got hammered in the local elections and they were afraid of running too many candidates in the GE.
    Think about it. Why did they do so badly in the locals in comparison to the GE? It was because the 'new' SF vote are not engaged in politics and probably completely ignore elections at the best of times so why would they vote in a local election?

And all of this is before we get into SF's political record in NI which is completely at odds to a lot of what they say 'down south' when they actually turn up in stormont.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3Kdvi9pOC4gJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-under-fire-over-welfare-cuts-move-1.2435441+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

So yeah there is plenty of reasons not to vote SF even when people are not being murdered in rows (and being protected by republicans) , assassinated for being a tout, abusing Jewish TD's in the dail, spying on TD's in the dail

- there is always tax evasion.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/slab-murphy-a-good-republican-despite-jailing-gerry-adams-1.2554445?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fslab-murphy-a-good-republican-despite-jailing-gerry-adams-1.2554445

But apparently according to Gerry it does not matter so much if you are a 'good republican' like Slab Murphy.

Would any other party or party members get away with all this litany of stuff? Other than SF?
    Plus that is only scratching the surface. Yet your main worry seems to be worrying about some politicians 'talking out the side of thier mouth'.
    There is normal political 'talking out the side of the mouth' then there is SF which takes the talking to a whole different stratosphere.

I barely have time to discuss SF and Northern Irish Bank

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/dec/12/wikileaks-sinn-fein-northern-bank

SF knew the bank robbery would take place.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Hard to argue with a rebuttal of such caliber tbh.

Hard to fathom a leader who stands up in the Dail, whinges about his political opponents handing out food parcels "for attention on social media" and be completely unaware one of his own ministers was doing the exact same thing not even 24hrs previous lol.

You couldn't make it up tbh. You really couldn't.

Actually

Is the best SF can come back with is a couple of photos of FG? nothing about actually doing anything for the people of Northern Ireland.....

Do I really have to explain it? you should listen again

First part was the minimum wage which FG have increased, SF haven't in North.

THe unemployment payment then came up, FG have given 350 per week, up North it is 100 and nothing for self employed till June. THe food parcel comment was because they should be in fighting for a better payment. Not self promoting themselves

You literally didn't say any of this stuff in the post I quoted - unsure why you're trying to rewrite what is clearly quoted, but anyways. **Shrugs**

But the best SF can come back up with a rebute is to point at pictures of FG.....why not come back with something SF are going to do to help the people of Northern Ireland?

Is the best SF can come back with is a couple of photos of FG? nothing about actually doing anything for the people of Northern Ireland.....

***NEWSFLASH***

I am not Sinn Fein, not a member of the party (but they got a vote from me this year)

The tweet poking fun at the emperor with no clothes was actually from Hugh O'Connell (it says it up there in the tweet tbh ^^^) and he's no more a shinner than Leo is :D

It's fairly simple, before you try and score points **check over your shoulder first** to ensure your own ministers weren't engaging in the same things less than 24 hrs beforehand.

Leo can't resist the cheap shots though he's a dummy without its ventriloquist since he lost the spin unit, he's a walking talking pr disaster.

But anyway I digress, what was it you were saying, the shinners aren't in your area helping out with covid19?

But leo says what?

You literally didn't say any of this stuff in the post I quoted - unsure why you're trying to rewrite what is clearly quoted, but anyways. **Shrugs**

***NEWSFLASH***

I am not Sinn Fein, not a member of the party (but they got a vote from me this year)

The tweet poking fun at the emperor with no clothes was actually from Hugh O'Connell (it says it up there in the tweet tbh ^^^) and he's no more a shinner than Leo is :D

It's fairly simple, before you try and score points **check over your shoulder first** to ensure your own ministers weren't engaging in the same things less than 24 hrs beforehand.

Leo can't resist the cheap shots though he's a dummy without its ventriloquist since he lost the spin unit, he's a walking talking pr disaster.

But anyway I digress, what was it you were saying, the shinners aren't in your area helping out with covid19?

But leo says what?

Im not sure how many of SF posters on here have said they are not SF members. Funny how you on on here majority of the day, everyday on every thread about SF. Your not fooling anyone

Just making a point. Instead of trying to answer back with how they are helping the people the best they can come out with is a picture of a politician trying to help in his area.

Your actually accusing Leo of taking a pot shot and you voted for SF??? :P

As I said listen to Leo again, its clear to everyone his point.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Sinn Fein have done nothing in government in Northern Ireland to improve the lot of the people there. They are an abject failure, Varadkar was on the nail pointing that out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Yeah but the Indo is currently an FF mouthpiece under the stalwartship of Fionnan Sheehan
    Expect less criticism if the FF,FG,Green government happens

Indeed the loyalist effort was the primary reason for Sunningdale's demise. But SF opposed the agreement too, as it feared any 'settlement' would undermine support for the PIRA campaign within the Nationalist community. Mallon's iconic 'slow learners' line was directed at the violence merchants on both sides. Funny how the efforts of the true architects of peace are now being appropriated by the pups of the dogs who opposed it... can I suggest that you read Seamus Mallons 'A Shared Home Place', just to broaden your own understanding (there is more to life than the SF bookshop after all)

SF have not forgotten the lesson on the need for instability either, now seeking perpetual crises within the GFA to de-stabilize the NI executive, for fear it might actually deliver a functioning administration. RHI was a classic case and there will be more.

The big concern among some leaders in SF is that a growing nationalist middle class could become too comfortable in a prosperous NI and turn away from the United-Ireland at-all-costs mantra. Developing a victim narrative around the Irish language is a key ploy to arrest this possibility. Gullible gaeilgeoiri rush to the flag. A closed border post-Brexit would also do wonders for the cause. The DUP are just a bit too think to read the playbook.

A simplistic and heavily skewed version of events there.

When I said the GFA and Sunningdale were similar I meant as documents. The conditions on the ground were very very different. Sectarian attacks and murders of Catholics were rife in 1972/73. There was violence from all sides. The British Army colluding with Loyalist terrorists. Internment without trial was in force. Sinn Fein as a party was banned in the North. There was no semblance of a Peace Process like what that lead to the GFA, but ultimately it was the opposition from the Unionists and Loyalists that did for Sunningdale.

I've read plenty of books about Irish history including the more recent conflict in Northern Ireland, I'm not sure you have judging by the way you left out huge events that were occurring at the time in your skewed brief analysis there.

The RHI scandal? Are you trying to blame SF for that as well? Mad stuff.

"The pups of the dogs who opposed it" you say; how arrogantly put. It could be said the pups of the dogs who engaged in a bloody Civil War in 1922/23 ended up running the country here for the last nearly 100 years. However that would be a simplistic and shallow and stupid and ignorant way of putting it.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein have done nothing in government in Northern Ireland to improve the lot of the people there. They are an abject failure, Varadkar was on the nail pointing that out.

Another broad sweeping statement.

What have FG done in government the last 9 years? In a time of prosperity, the health service just as dysfunctional as ever, a housing crisis with families living in hotel rooms, a botched attempt to bring in water charges that cost a fortune but achieved nothing.

Isn't that why (as FG gobdaw Patrick O'Donavon put it) "FG lost the election"? They lost it on Health and Housing and yet they're going back into government again, we'll see how that works out for them.

Im not sure how many of SF posters on here have said they are not SF members. Funny how you on on here majority of the day, everyday on every thread about SF. Your not fooling anyone

Well firstly - you don't have to be a member of a political party to vote for them, I assume you understood that, although as seen elsewhere your understanding of our politcal system could definitely be described as "sketchy - must try harder" so we'll skip over that part, but the other part I'm not prepared to let slip. I haven't posted in this thread (or boards in general) for close to 24hrs due to my work. I post during downtime when I have it, or when something interesting catches my eye - haven't checked but I'd be confident that if I do check - you'll most likely have a considerable amount of posts + on this thread than me.

Ergo who are you trying to fool, and why you trying to fool them?

Stop and think before you type for Christ sake. :pac:
    Just making a point. Instead of trying to answer back with how they are helping the people the best they can come out with is a picture of a politician trying to help in his area.

Your actually accusing Leo of taking a pot shot and you voted for SF??? :P

As I said listen to Leo again, its clear to everyone his point.

Let me run this by you a second time please - the first time seems to have flown past your head.

Repeat after me.

Hugh O'Connell was making the point about leo putting his foot in his mouth.

Hugh O'Connell is not, and probably never will be considered a shinner.

Hugh O'Connell tweeted the photos of Eoghan Murphy and pointed out Leo's brain fart.

McMurphy linked to Hugh O'Connells tweet and compared it with Leo's brainfart.

McMurphy isn't a member of Sinn Fein, you don't need to be a member of a political party in order to give them a vote.

Go - repeat it.

There is a major difference in normal day to day, politics of politicians bluffing - to a party glorifying paramilitary organisation (SF), A paramilitary crowd which is a parties back bone (SF)- in this day and age. And not only that, a party who protects republicans who engaged in murder in thier community just because they had a row for instance. I find it all a bit sick, as do many others. Control through fear/omerta that is how it works.

That is not politics. That is akin to the same tactics Hitler had with the Brownshirts/SA when they surrounded the Reichstag to make sure those inside knew how to vote on the Enabling Act in 1933.

SF's tactics are still the same - only they are much more covert and insidious manner, to get people to toe the line and say nothing. Or talk in circles and muddy the waters, when it comes to criminal republican activities.

You only have to look at the Sean Quinn case (murder victim after republican's took offence), Maria Cahill case (Republican rape victim) , Liam Adams Case (Republican pedophile kept in SF circles for years). The Liam Adams case really contrasts what happened Dennis 'the tout' Donaldson by the way.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/man-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-denis-donaldson-1.3945518?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fireland%2Firish-news%2Fman-to-be-charged-with-murder-of-denis-donaldson-1.3945518

Why was that I wonder?

It is dirty murky world in SF the feminisation of SF may put a veneer of harmlessness to it. But do a small bit of digging and it is not a pretty sight. You only have to look at some of the comments from SF TD's during the GE and only a few years back the antics of O'Snodaigh where his SF helpers were spying in the Dail.

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/sf-man-linked-to-ira-ring-spying-on-tds-26226624.html

And AOS wife and his sister who have shown zero respect for the Gardai in thier past actions.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/wife-of-sf-deputy-among-three-fined-for-public-order-offences-1.405803

That is the mindset.

It is kind of funny, when he spends loads on printer ink:

https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/aengus-o-snodaigh-admits-to-using-loads-of-ink-cartridges-but-insists-he-did-nothing-wrong-33091

But when AOS calls a Jewish TD 'Goebbels' we can really see the true colours of SF.

https://www.herald.ie/news/osnodaigh-stoops-even-lower-with-nazi-jibe-at-jewish-td-27898237.html

It is a real murky world SF live in. Lowest common denominator stuff which sells well in areas like Clondalkin, Darndale etc

The ordinary decent 'clued in' Irish voter does not want this sort of stuff.

This is the whole reason there is the stalemate. Under Dail privilege SF could easily come clean and route out those polluting SF. But they cannot, not because it is an illegal organisation, but because some very high profile un-elected current or former IRA members are pulling the strings in SF. It will not happen on thier watch.

Also there is a real irony about why SF did not run more candidates. Because they got hammered in the local elections and they were afraid of running too many candidates in the GE.
    Think about it. Why did they do so badly in the locals in comparison to the GE? It was because the 'new' SF vote are not engaged in politics and probably completely ignore elections at the best of times so why would they vote in a local election?

And all of this is before we get into SF's political record in NI which is completely at odds to a lot of what they say 'down south' when they actually turn up in stormont.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3Kdvi9pOC4gJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-under-fire-over-welfare-cuts-move-1.2435441+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

So yeah there is plenty of reasons not to vote SF even when people are not being murdered in rows (and being protected by republicans) , assassinated for being a tout, abusing Jewish TD's in the dail, spying on TD's in the dail

- there is always tax evasion.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/slab-murphy-a-good-republican-despite-jailing-gerry-adams-1.2554445?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fnews%2Fpolitics%2Fslab-murphy-a-good-republican-despite-jailing-gerry-adams-1.2554445

But apparently according to Gerry it does not matter so much if you are a 'good republican' like Slab Murphy.

Would any other party or party members get away with all this litany of stuff? Other than SF?
    Plus that is only scratching the surface. Yet your main worry seems to be worrying about some politicians 'talking out the side of thier mouth'.
    There is normal political 'talking out the side of the mouth' then there is SF which takes the talking to a whole different stratosphere.

I barely have time to discuss SF and Northern Irish Bank

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/dec/12/wikileaks-sinn-fein-northern-bank

SF knew the bank robbery would take place.

You're rambling now

You're rambling now

You had no answer in other words so dismiss it as "rambling".

I have made it very clear in the last post but it an inconvenient truth for you.

Boards.ie I give thee a SF supporter - typical.

Say nothing answer nothing and hope it goes away.
    Much easier to brush it away as rambling no nitty gritty discussion when it gets uncomfortable about the SF mindset. And very recent actions that would be the death knell of any other party bar SF.
    Just because....

Another broad sweeping statement.

What have FG done in government the last 9 years? In a time of prosperity, the health service just as dysfunctional as ever, a housing crisis with families living in hotel rooms, a botched attempt to bring in water charges that cost a fortune but achieved nothing.

Isn't that why (as FG gobdaw Patrick O'Donavon put it) "FG lost the election"? They lost it on Health and Housing and yet they're going back into government again, we'll see how that works out for them.

Do you think the country just magically recovered on its own without the government?

Yes FG fecked up, hence why they are out but they have done plenty in the years they have been in government.

What have SF done since they took over the power sharing in Northern Ireland?

Do you think the country just magically recovered on its own without the government?

Yes FG fecked up, hence why they are out but they have done plenty in the years they have been in government.

What have SF done since they took over the power sharing in Northern Ireland?
    Sat on their hole for 3 three years and took the queens pounds.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Beasty wrote: »
    FrancieBrady is now threadbanned

Following discussion with user, and assurances provided, this threadban is now lifted

As I said in another thread earlier, can everyone focus on the underlying topics and not other users. Your politics may differ but that does not preclude discussion in a civil manner

• Advertisement

As usual no answer to the question and attack the poster. Seems your incapable of answering a simple question.....

Funny you have no problems throwing it out.

Yeah you get 'blah blah blah' as a reply.

You're rambling now

I got 'rambling' thrown at me when I dissected my many problems with SF, and the problems they have.
    It is funny how SF rhetoric on the internet descends to child like levels/ or at best teenage levels when they have no other retort.

Of course many make take thier lead from the very top in fairness:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement