Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,532 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

You had no answer in other words so dismiss it as rambling.

I have made it very clear in the last post but it an inconvenient truth for you.

Boards.ie I give thee a SF supporter - typical.

Say nothing answer nothing and hope it goes away.
    Much easier to brush it away as rambling no nitty gritty discussion when it gets uncomfortable about the SF mindset and very recent actions that would be the death knell of any other party bar SF.
    Just because....

I could list several scandals involving FG and FF members as long as your arm. I'm not sure this site would have the bandwith for such a volume of work.

Boards.ie i give thee a typical FF/FG fan.

Breathtaking arrogance and astonishing hypocrisy as always from your typical FF/FG fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    As usual no answer to the question and attack the poster. Seems your incapable of answering a simple question.....

Funny you have no problems throwing it out.

Getting tiresome at this stage.

You're entirely free to ignore me, but just chalk this down, if you're going to quote me, do so with the expectation that I will come back with a counter.

If you have no answer to the counter, as already explained - ignore, because posts such as the above reveal an awful lot.

There was no personal attack in the post you edited to say "blah blah blah" there was a reasoned response to counter what you posted - with explanations why they countered yours. If you have no answer fair enough - just skip on by.

Also - just checked.

Waaaaaaaaaaaay more 100+.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

Hi guys just wondering if anyone can help me out?.
    I've a tractor ride on mower and need a new cutting deck belt on it and need the deck looked at to cause it's loose and wonky.

Any of you guys know someone in the kilkenny laois Carlow areas that could repair it?,cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    Getting tiresome at this stage.

You're entirely free to ignore me, but just chalk this down, if you're going to quote me, do so with the expectation that I will come back with a counter.

If you have no answer to the counter, as already explained - ignore, because posts such as the above reveal an awful lot.

There was no personal attack in the post you edited to say "blah blah blah" there was a reasoned response to counter what you posted - with explanations why they countered yours. If you have no answer fair enough - just skip on by.

Also - just checked.

Waaaaaaaaaaaay more 100+.

The question, as per my comment was what have SF done to help the people in Northern Ireland since it was called out yesterday they have done very little since the crisis?

Not sure it matters who has most posts? is it a competition>

bassy wrote: »
    I've a tractor ride on mower and need a new cutting deck belt on it and need the deck looked at to cause it's loose and wonky.

Any of you guys know someone in the kilkenny laois Carlow areas that could repair it?,cheers.

Boy are you in the wrong thread. :D

• Advertisement

Do you think the country just magically recovered on its own without the government?

Yes FG fecked up, hence why they are out but they have done plenty in the years they have been in government.

What have SF done since they took over the power sharing in Northern Ireland?

They've done the same type of work that FG have when in government as in operate departments like health or education or whatever their brief was, with some success or with some failure perhaps, I don't really know as i don't live there? You don't know either but it doesn't stop you blathering on about it does it.

Hence why they are out? FG aren't out, they're going back in despite them (after as they put it themselves) having "lost the election"

bassy wrote: »

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

blanch152 wrote: »
    Sinn Fein have done nothing in government in Northern Ireland to improve the lot of the people there. They are an abject failure, Varadkar was on the nail pointing that out.
    Oh please. Spare me this complete and utter bullshít. First off, the Stormont executive is a glorified county council, so jot that one down. SF are in power with a bunch of right-wing reactionary idiots who can and do veto anything that doesn’t tie in with their interpretation of either the bible or their sense of extreme British nationalism. This all against of a backdrop of ten years of conservative power and Tory austerity. So really calls the shots?

Neither FG or FF have ever bothered their holes standing in elections in NI but the likes of Michael Martin and that sanctimonious git Varadkar (who made an absolute fool of himself yesterday) are happy to snipe from the sidelines, scared shítless of the thought of losing power in the Republic. SF are far from perfect, far from it but these wallies act like butter wouldn’t melt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭bassy

Oh big time sorry.........................

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

blackwhite wrote: »
    You accuse others of dishonesty - yet deliberately omit the Greens (who are certainly a party of the left) from the count :rolleyes:

They were there to be courted by any party serious about tying to form a Govt - yet somehow it’s the fault of FF or FG that Sinn Fein are too toxic to even win over other left wing parties?
    Cut the dishonest BS - does nothing but undermine your credibility

I may not have mentioned them (my bad), but I did include them in the possible total number of seats - 60, all told.
    SF Lab PBP GP SD
    37 6 5 12 6

• Advertisement

Yeah you get 'blah blah blah' as a reply.

I got 'rambling' thrown at me when I dissected my many problems with SF, and the problems they have.
    It is funny have SF rhetoric on the internet descends to child like levels/ or at best teenage levels when they have no other retort.

Of course many make take thier lead from the very top in fairness:

Child like levels of rhetoric? The irony that that's what smartarse Leo is exactly engaging in in that clip above.

He didn't look very smart the day of the election results. His party went from number 1 to number 3 in one election. In any other circumstances you'd expect his head on a block after a failure of that magnitude and indeed the talk was that Leo was to step aside and wouldn't be staying in the politics game longterm as he was expected to grow tired of his vacuous style of photo ops and glib rhetoric.

It's amazing that after "losing the election" as FG heads put it themselves that he's still the FG leader and it should be concerning for FG fans that that is the case also; but on here at least it appears you're too busy attacking the main opposition party.

armaghlad wrote: »
    Oh please. Spare me this complete and utter bullshít. First off, the Stormont executive is a glorified county council, so jot that one down. SF are in power with a bunch of right-wing reactionary idiots who can and do veto anything that doesn’t tie in with their interpretation of either the bible or their sense of extreme British nationalism. This all against of a backdrop of ten years of conservative power and Tory austerity. So really calls the shots?

Neither FG or FF have ever bothered their holes standing in elections in NI but the likes of Michael Martin and that sanctimonious git Varadkar (who made an absolute fool of himself yesterday) are happy to snipe from the sidelines, scared shítless of the thought of losing power in the Republic. SF are far from perfect, far from it but these wallies act like butter wouldn’t melt.

So if that is the case why are SF even part of it? why dont they make a stand for the people of Northern Ireland and not join the elections?

https://www.sinnfein.ie/files/2017/MANIFESTO_ENGLISH.pdf

Funny they have a manifesto and all for the "glorified county council"

From the manifesto: There can be no return to the status quo. That means that all parties in government must uphold the principles of respect, power sharing and parity of esteem. Sinn Féin in the power-sharing Executive will exercise our democratic mandate to deliver a new politics, a progressive politics that delivers for all citizens

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Child like levels of rhetoric? The irony that that's what smartarse Leo is exactly engaging in in that clip above.

He didn't look very smart the day of the election results. His party went from number 1 to number 3 in one election. In any other circumstances you'd expect his head on a block after a failure of that magnitude and indeed the talk was that Leo was to step aside and wouldn't be staying in the politics game longterm as he was expected to grow tired of his vacuous style of photo ops and glib rhetoric.

It's amazing that after "losing the election" as FG heads put it themselves that he's still the FG leader and it should be concerning for FG fans that that is the case also; but on here at least it appears you're too busy attacking the main opposition party.

According to some of your SF fans on here the election is now dead and the new agenda is the RedC poll. At the moment FG are at 35% based on that poll......:P:P:P Not a bad return for our Leo

Personally I think the poll is rubbish.

So if that is the case why are SF even part of it? why dont they make a stand for the people of Northern Ireland and not join the elections?

From the manifesto: There can be no return to the status quo. That means that all parties in government must uphold the principles of respect, power sharing and parity of esteem. Sinn Féin in the power-sharing Executive will exercise our democratic mandate to deliver a new politics, a progressive politics that delivers for all citizens
    You’d really need to direct that to someone in SF, maybe tweet Michelle O’Neill, I’m sure she’ll have plenty of time to respond saying as she and her colleagues are doing nothing.

The point of my original post was when you are sharing power with a bunch of actual lunatics (they’d make Gemma O’Doherty blush) then it’s easy for someone to criticise from the sidelines like Leo likes to do.

You’d really need to direct that to someone in SF, maybe tweet Michelle O’Neill, I’m sure she’ll have plenty of time to respond saying as she and her colleagues are doing nothing.

The point of my original post was when you are sharing power with a bunch of actual lunatics (they’d make Gemma O’Doherty blush) then it’s easy for someone to criticise from the sidelines like Leo likes to do.

So it is someone else's fault is what you are saying?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Odhinn wrote: »
    I may not have mentioned them (my bad), but I did include them in the possible total number of seats - 60, all told.
    SF Lab PBP GP SD
    37 6 5 12 6

That adds to 66 - not 60.

It also omits 1 each from I4C and Aontu.

Hard to see Toibín agreeing to go in with SF but even excluding him that's 67 seats.

13 of the remaining 19 INDs is then what's needed to gets majority - not easy by any stretch of the imagination - but still possible to bring together a majority without either of the historic big 2.

The narrative that it's FF or FG preventing SF from forming a Govt is simply propaganda to deflect from SF's inability to even pull the left parties together (never mind going out and talking to the Independents).

When the Assembly wasn't running you and other FG fans attacked them for the assembly not running, now you're attacking them for taking part in it. :pac:

The attacks on Sinn Féin though if anything appear to be having the affect of galvanising and growing their support. It went into overdrive the week prior to the election and we heard the usual rhetoric that SF never perform as well in the actual election as they poll prior to it. This time the opposite was the case, despite a concerted frenzied attack from the mainstream media dragging up old stories from decades ago on behalf of FF and FG, SF outperformed their polling predictions.

This government cycle is going to be fun. FFG will spend all their energy and focus angrily attacking SF while SF grow in opposition and outflank the two of them.

And this thread is some laugh, come back in 6 months time and posters like you will still be sitting their spouting vitriol. You're worried about SF leading opposition and growing in that space. You should be and hence the vitriol continues..........

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Fact is most FF and FG people have more in common with the ordinary Unionist voter than the Sinn fein voters. Centre right ,conservative people, salt of the earth. The DUP arent the bigots or headbangers Sinn Fein paint them to be. I'd take them over left wing Republicans any day. Leo Varadkar speaks for middle Ireland ,always has really. I dont like how liberal he is and hes not great for us rural dwellers but most middle class people like him calling out the hypocrisy of the left wing bandits.

According to some of your SF fans on here the election is now dead and the new agenda is the RedC poll. At the moment FG are at 35% based on that poll......:P:P:P Not a bad return for our Leo

Personally I think the poll is rubbish.

I've no idea what you're talking about there. I don't spend all day every day on this thread like it appears that you do.

But yeah, keep Leo as leader by all means, he's doing a great job turning FG into the 3rd biggest political party in the country :pac:

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Fact is most FF and FG people have more in common with the ordinary Unionist voter than the Sinn fein voters. Centre right ,conservative people, salt of the earth. The DUP arent the bigots or headbangers Sinn Fein paint them to be. I'd take them over left wing Republicans any day. Leo Varadkar speaks for middle Ireland ,always has really. I dont like how liberal he is and hes not great for us rural dwellers but most middle class people like him calling out the hypocrisy of the left wing bandits.

:pac: What is this guy on? SF aren't painting the DUP as bigots and headbangers, they don't need to and in fact they have to try to work with them. The DUP do that all by themselves.

What's this about left wing bandits? You would take the DUP over Republicans any day? Most FF and FG people have more in common with Unionists than SF voters? What alternate universe do you inhabit?

FF and FG are opponents of SF, they used to be opponents of each other. They will remain opponents of SF until such time that one of them goes into government with SF like they are doing by going into government with each other just now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,786 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Well I didn't see Leo walk out in the clip and behave in a highly unorthodox manner disrupting the house. Plus he made some very vaild points that obviously cut too close to the bone for Mary Lou - so she decided to try and shout him down and create a diversion.

You know and I know SF's tactic is as simple as this wait until the older/better educated age demographic of the electorate dies off. So they can rise in polls as the newer generation are too naive to see through the party.
    A generation who do they know of/remember the multitude of SF duplicity and double talk - in the matter of life and death. And more importantly human decency.

It is interesting that in spite of all of the things Aengus Ó Snodaigh has done in the recent past/being associated with (from printer ink, religious slurs, family attitude to gardai, spy ring and other friends) :

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hqpNZFql7igJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/gardai-found-sf-posters-stun-gun-in-car-1.411391+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

- AOS topped the poll in Clondalkin in the GE.

It speaks volumes to me of the certain 'type' of voter SF still need to seek out, in those working class areas.

The reality is at the moment a caretaker government is doing a grand job in the worst global crisis in living memory.
    Add in the Greens/FF/Labour in a future government plus a few other independents and it is job done (minority government). SF can do thier usual hurler in the ditch work in opposition - it is the safest place to have them..

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Yes I’m sure the good people of Ballygobackwards would be excellent bedfellows of the DUP, they could yell at the clouds together

When the Assembly wasn't running you and other FG fans attacked them for the assembly not running, now you're attacking them for taking part in it. :pac:

The attacks on Sinn Féin though if anything appear to be having the affect of galvanising and growing their support. It went into overdrive the week prior to the election and we heard the usual rhetoric that SF never perform as well in the actual election as they poll prior to it. This time the opposite was the case, despite a concerted frenzied attack from the mainstream media dragging up old stories from decades ago on behalf of FF and FG, SF outperformed their polling predictions.

This government cycle is going to be fun. FFG will spend all their energy and focus angrily attacking SF while SF grow in opposition and outflank the two of them.

And this thread is some laugh, come back in 6 months time and posters like you will still be sitting their spouting vitriol. You're worried about SF leading opposition and growing in that space. You should be and hence the vitriol continues..........

Im not a FG supporter

Its not an attack, it is a question. It show their credentials for running for governement in Ireland. Maybe you could answer it?

You know and I know SF's tactic is as simple as this wait until the older/better educated age demographic of the electorate dies off. So they can rise in polls as the newer generation are too naive to see through the party.
    A generation who do they know of/remember the multitude of SF duplicity and double talk - in the matter of life and death. And more importantly human decency
    Lol! Brilliant!

Well I didn't see Leo walk out in the clip and behave in a highly unorthodox manner disrupting the house. Plus he made some very vaild points that obviously cut too close to the bone for Mary Lou - so she decided to try and shout him down and create a diversion.

He didn't make any valid points. He just snarled and bitched in a juvenile and silly fashion attacking Sinn Fein for things that other parties did and blaming them for things out of context and which they don't have full control of.
    A generation who do they know of/remember the multitude of SF duplicity and double talk - in the matter of life and death. And more importantly human decency.

Ah so younger voters are naive now are they? They're naive because they see FF and FG running the country for nearly 100 years often in times of prosperity but still don't have the political will to reform the Irish health service after leading governments between them countless times? They're naive when they see the country in a prosperous position and yet through sheer negligence and laziness a housing crisis leads to families living in hotel rooms?

I'm not sure the younger voters are as naive as you like to think they are, but sure go ahead you tell them they are naive, you tell them that because they don't agree with you and vote FF and FG that they haven't a clue what they're doing......go ahead..... you tell 'em........
    It is interesting that in spite of all of the things Aengus Ó Snodaigh has done in the recent past or being associated with:

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hqpNZFql7igJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/gardai-found-sf-posters-stun-gun-in-car-1.411391+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

He topped the poll in Clondalkin. It speaks volumes to me of the certain 'type' of voter SF still need to seek out in those working class areas.

Plenty of politicians have been involved in scandals one one sort or another and it doesn't stop them getting elected. Your use of the words "certain type of voter" from Clondalkin says a lot about the type of arrogance and ignorance that you represent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blackwhite wrote: »
    Well done at completely misrepresenting the point.

Odhinn dishonestly omitted the Greens to try and claim that SF couldn’t form a Govt without FF or FG.

It’s says it all about the mindset of the SF cheerleaders that the abject failure of SF to win over the rest of the left is somehow the fault of FF or FG.

IMO no one will ultimately be able to form a Govt from the Feb election results. FF and FG should responsibility for their own failure to win over partners, just as SF should take responsibility for their own failure to win over potential partners.

Bolloxology of trying to blame other parties for SF’s own failure to win over partners just sums up the cult-like idiocy that plagues SF supporters.

Isn’t it you that always goes on about politics not being about “teams”?

Seems you’re very keen (as always) to shout down anyone who dares point a hint of criticism at SF. At least the hypocrisy is consistent :rolleyes:

It was easy to do based on your comments:
    They were there to be courted by any party serious about tying to form a Govt - yet somehow it’s the fault of FF or FG that Sinn Fein are too toxic to even win over other left wing parties?

Now to me that read as if you were saying "that Sinn Fein are too toxic to even win over other left wing parties".
    I was pointing out that FG are the toxic party for most going by the election results and numbers who refused to do business with them.

As to whether it's an abject failure for one party not to get every party and all the independents bar FF/FG to follow them sounds like fantasy spin from Narnia to try further peddle your opinion that SF are too toxic, IMO.

Not shouting you down, pointing out the flaws in your opinions, from my perspective. And SF are very flawed. I'm more interested is calling out spin and PR designed to re-write very recent history. The left is made up of numerous parties and individuals. They've as much a shot as seeing eye to eye as the right, middle and whatever else.

On the one hand you are claiming SF, (who got more seats than FG by the way) are too toxic for other parties to sign up with and on the other saying people can't use that as a reason SF can't form a government. Do you see the nonsense that is?

In short, to clarify, FG/FF are the toxic parties based on the number won't work with them and the hammering FG got in the election. IMHO.

Gormdub went days and days arguing and advocating his full support for FG to try and shoehorn in an official state commemoration for the Black and Tans** - and he now wants to stereotype "certain types of voters".

You literally couldn't make the hypocrisy up. :D

**Which is now "deferred" wonder if the proposed United Island Unit will approve of it?

Im not a FG supporter

You're not an FG supporter? You said earlier that you were, oh and you voted Greens and Soc Dems lower down the ballot paper wasn't that you?
    Its not an attack, it is a question. It show their credentials for running for governement in Ireland. Maybe you could answer it?

It is an attack, but keep it coming.

The Northern Ireland Assembly is not the same as the Dail, it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges, you know that but it fits into your vitriolic attack to pretend otherwise. But carry on by all means, keep it coming..........

You're not an FG supporter? You said earlier that you were, oh and you voted Greens and Soc Dems lower down the ballot paper wasn't that you?

Wrong person....

It is an attack, but keep it coming.

The Northern Ireland Assembly is not the same as the Dail, it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges, you know that but it fits into your vitriolic attack to pretend otherwise. But carry on by all means, keep it coming..........

If it is not, then why a manifesto? you can read it and I attached the link. It goes into details on what SF proposed to do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,786 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Yes I’m sure the good people of Ballygobackwards would be excellent bedfellows of the DUP, they could yell at the clouds together

Hang on a minute last time I was in Crossmaglen they didn't even have traffic lights. They even had the odd one in Ballygobackwards 'down south' years ago. :D

As for being bedfellows of the DUP - SF played into thier hands by allowing Brexit to happen, and not going in WM.
    Not only that the SDLP have criticized SF for giving power to WM on social welfare.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:3Kdvi9pOC4gJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-under-fire-over-welfare-cuts-move-1.2435441+&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

So who is codding who? SF are great at crowing about being the only all island party in Ireland. But during the ROI GE when analysis is brought on thier record in NI - before the years of doing nothing - Mary Lou was very quick to dismiss it as the election is in the ROI not NI and she is from the ROI.

To me that manner seemed strangely partitionist when it suited SF.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement