Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Everyone knows who killed paul quinn??
    (No shinner iirc)

Its freely available on that OS site(aswell as soldier F identity unmasking)

Shefwedfan brought it up during one of his pretend to talk about SF/politics, 'RA diversions.

Bowie wrote: »
    Shefwedfan brought it up during one of his pretend to talk about SF/politics 'Ra diversions.

Well lookit,could be worse

He could be indulging his fetish for topless micheal martin pics **shudders**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Fact is you're writing your own narrative here, explains you lack of quotes.
    I've already explained this to you twice.

Now can you name the member of SF involved in the killing of Paul Quinn or are you just blowing smoke?

As I said, can't connect IRA and SF one minute and then next say they are not connected

Don't worry, I will continue to remind you. In case you didn't know about Paul Quinn. He was brutally beaten, had every bone in his body from neck down broken by iron bars,his ear ripped off, his bones sticking out.

When asked Conor Murphy said he was a criminal. Then when asked to supply information he had none. Real nice person isn't he?

So what was it you said about SF and the IRA have done for the Irish people in last 30 years??

Shefwedfan brought it up during one of his pretend to talk about SF/politics, 'RA diversions.

Lets remind everyone of your post on what SF have done for last 30 year in the South of Ireland

As much if not more than every other opposition party/TD. Called out cronyism and incompetence. Why even FG's Leo would relish such an opportunity for the good of the country. The opposition play an important roll.
    As for SF specifically it's hard to say. They would have played a roll in every failed policy FF/FG stood down. Every positive for the country they supported and having connections with the north and the IRA were likely invaluable in obtaining peace. If you are looking for policies they implemented you'd likely need look at local level.
    I suspect this is just another of your non-attack attacks on SF and you've no interest in any response, but there it is anyway.

So I will accept the apology no win regards the silly accusation about me bringing it up. At least stand over one of your idiotic posts

• Registered Users Posts: 68,958 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Imagine if every FG thread became a discussion on the blueshirts, FG's antisemetic members from back in the day and the Cosgrave heavy gang? Silly pointless, tedious.

Currently you have one of them thinks Belfast is 'overseas'. :)

• Advertisement

Currently you have one of them thinks Belfast is 'overseas'. :)

You'd be mortified of his connections to waterford

You'd be mortified of his connections to waterford

?? Do tell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You are saying FF/FG are losing votes to SF. I am just pointing out it was one election for SF....come back after the next one and see how they are doing.

This time last year SF was on it's ass.

The bigger winners in both elections has been the Greens. Don't see them shouting about the demise of FF/FG

No one needs to shout about the demise of FFG, it’s just a fact. The figures speak for themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

As I said, can't connect IRA and SF one minute and then next say they are not connected

Don't worry, I will continue to remind you. In case you didn't know about Paul Quinn. He was brutally beaten, had every bone in his body from neck down broken by iron bars,his ear ripped off, his bones sticking out.

When asked Conor Murphy said he was a criminal. Then when asked to supply information he had none. Real nice person isn't he?

So what was it you said about SF and the IRA have done for the Irish people in last 30 years??

Explained this to you a number of times. I feel you just bail on in to the thread and post without reading responses.

What has his killing got to do with a SF thread?

Already responded and you ignored it to talk IRA and ignorantly speak of them having no democratic mandate :rolleyes:
    Lets remind everyone of your post on what SF have done for last 30 year in the South of Ireland

So I will accept the apology no win regards the silly accusation about me bringing it up. At least stand over one of your idiotic posts

My post answering your question, you missed, came after this lil' nugget:
    ...I felt her interview on the LLS was good till the "up da Ra" question which she was let down with.

And this doozy you also forgot to clarify:
    Sitting in the opposition is not helping anyone

And I assume you missed this as well:
    If I was over in the FG thread and people kept going on about racism/nazism and FG I'd be as bored too. They merit reference, (IRA/Nazis-Blueshirts) but in context not constantly. Change the record, it's got Ohh Ahh up the 'Ra on it ;).

In short I don't care that you mentioned the 'RA first. That was your little dig because I said it was pointless and boring to mention them out of context constantly.
    I guess when others criticise FF/FG policies and actions you feel you need to go IRA even though you don't support FG *wink*. Sad.

Cula bula comrade?

^^

Surprise Surprise. Another long ramble of a post.

What has his killing got to do with a SF thread. Work it out yourself.

I do find it terrible the best you could come up with for SF was they sat in opposition, even the PBP numties got things done in the short time they where in government. Must be fairly deflating to spend all your time defending a party who have done nothing in 30 years for Ireland. But you keep supporting them, I am sure they will come good soon, maybe sometime around 2050

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

There is definitely an undercurrent there with SF. Don't mind what it says on the SF website. Many vote SF because they don't want the immigrants coming in and Vadradkar is an Indian Fággot anyway etc.
    Ties in with the true Gael guff - freedom and so on.
    I remember the people of Ardoyne, republican stronghold welcoming with open arms Syrian refugees. There are Syrian kids playing for GAA clubs in west Belfast. SF MPs in both constituencies. Some undercurrent there alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

There is definitely an undercurrent there with SF. Don't mind what it says on the SF website. Many vote SF because they don't want the immigrants coming in and Vadradkar is an Indian Fággot anyway etc.
    Ties in with the true Gael guff - freedom and so on.
    I remember the people of Ardoyne, republican stronghold welcoming with open arms Syrian refugees. There are Syrian kids playing for GAA clubs in west Belfast. SF MPs in both constituencies. Some undercurrent there alright

^^

Surprise Surprise. Another long ramble of a post.

What has his killing got to do with a SF thread. Work it out yourself.

I do find it terrible the best you could come up with for SF was they sat in opposition, even the PBP numties got things done in the short time they where in government. Must be fairly deflating to spend all your time defending a party who have done nothing in 30 years for Ireland. But you keep supporting them, I am sure they will come good soon, maybe sometime around 2050

When were PBP in government? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

When were PBP in government? :confused:

PBP ministers.....

**Gets popcorn**

This will be epic, even better than the ceann comhairle boo-boo. :D

McMurphy wrote: »
    PHP ministers.....

**Gets popcorn**

Like its unfathomable the level of stupid involved....but now his mistake,will somehow be a SF conspiracy

McMurphy wrote: »
    PHP ministers.....

**Gets popcorn**

It’s 11 on a Friday, that’s the most pathetic post I have ever seen

Leave you to it lads, work it out for yourselves

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Well like your free to not believe it....but there is zero evidence to support your inane ramblings here (but your free to believe them,and thats ok too)

from forgienpolicy.com

See below:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/29652064_Why_is_there_no_Radical_Right_Party_in_Ireland

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

armaghlad wrote: »

Well it is not like that in Dublin take a visit to Balbriggan (Dublin Fingal) and Louise O'Reilly topped the poll there.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/people-before-profit-candidate-blasts-racist-facebook-post-mocking-his-name-976486.html

Indeed
    This paper argues that that this is because the ‘space’ usually occupied by such parties - for young, poor people disaffected by economic change - is taken up by Sinn Féin, which though it has similarities to radical right parties, differs markedly in its attitudes to immigrants.

So there isn't anything on the website saying this stuff...there isn't a single SF policy in existence that is designed to 'stop immigrants coming in', in fact they spend a lot of time doing the opposite and calling for reform of Direct Provision etc, and one Councillor goes off on an incoherent waffle (did he use that F word to describe Leo?...I don't think he did) and it is an 'undercurrent with SF' and 'many vote for them because they don't want immigrants coming in'?

You don't require a lot of proof do you? You seem to have a bit of a problem with exaggeration actually (e.g The 'F' word)

That is all for show on the SF website trying to get the middle ground more educated to vote for them. If you actually talk to the majority of the SF core vote they are all for increased social welfare but not as long as 'the foreigners' don't get it. That type of talk. Proud Irish people.

As is said in the article attached below.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/29652064_Why_is_there_no_Radical_Right_Party_in_Ireland

And attached for download.

It describes SF as the tolerant party with intolerant supporters.

"The argument is not that Sinn Féin is an anti-immigrant party in
    disguise rather that its anti-establishment position and its radical nationalism might be attractive to the type of voter who in another country, with a different nationalist past, might support a radical right-wing party"

"Sinn Féin votes in the last three elections which are very much in line with what are usually called radical or extreme right parties. Sinn Féin’s voters are (statistically and substantively) significantly more likely to be working class. There is an obvious and strong relationship with age. Support among the young is four times higher than among pensioners."

--

There many in the SF core vote especially in working class areas who think like this in my personal experience. So I believe the study is definitely on to something.
    If you look at how the actual far right parties performed

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:cRMr-UKxXikJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/election-2020-far-right-candidates-put-in-dismal-showing-1.4169078+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

Surely it means that the far right vote/leaning went somewhere else? And who got the most rise in the 2020 election? SF and the 'protest vote'.

I am not the only one who thinks that SF is a left wing party in name - but has right wing traits.

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/sinn-f%C3%A9in-s-rhetoric-is-dangerous-and-its-exclusion-from-power-is-justified-1.4164037?mode=sample&auth-failed=1&pw-origin=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.irishtimes.com%2Fopinion%2Fsinn-f%25C3%25A9in-s-rhetoric-is-dangerous-and-its-exclusion-from-power-is-justified-1.4164037

• Advertisement

If you want to see about SF and “da foreigner”....how long was MLM on the LLS before she got a dig in about the Keeling workers

It’s an undercurrent that run through the party and supporters

Not saying it’s not in other parties by the way

The issue with Keeling was nothing to do with social distancing, it was that “da foreigner” was working in Ireland

Not that the people in Ireland that should be working for Kelling would ever do it, too easy sitting on the social

If you want to see about SF and “da foreigner”....how long was MLM on the LLS before she got a dig in about the Keeling workers

It’s an undercurrent that run through the party and supporters

Not saying it’s not in other parties by the way

The issue with Keeling was nothing to do with social distancing, it was that “da foreigner” was working in Ireland

Not that the people in Ireland that should be working for Kelling would ever do it, too easy sitting on the social

Yeah someone else posted a thread about social distancing on boards.ie, gave out about Keelings etc, then proceeded to say Travellers in Ireland could go where they like. And people from NI can go wherever they like in the ROI.
    You could see the them and us mentality.

It is definitely there, in a cohort of the SF vote. Ireland for the Irish etc. But the irony is many of these types hardly speak a word of Gaeilge (I don't know what SF's excuse is for the last 100 years - re- the Irish language). But they want the 'Brits out', and have tattoos of British soccer teams.
    While failing to see the irony.

It would be like you having a large tattoo of Sheffield Wednesday while giving out about 'The Brits'. I have no time for them, they are pure eejits looking for a cause with some mystic. A 'gang' effect more than a political party.

Yeah someone else posted a thread about social distancing on boards.ie, gave out about Keelings etc, then proceeded to say Travellers in Ireland could go where they like. And people from NI can go wherever they like in the ROI.

It is definitely there, in a cohort of the SF vote. Ireland for the Irish etc. But the irony is many of these types hardly speak a word of Gaeilge (I don't know what SF's excuse is for the last 100 years - re- the Irish language). But they want the 'Brits out', and have tattoos of British soccer teams.

It would be like you having a large tattoo of Sheffield Wednesday while giving out about 'The Brits'. I have no time for them, they are pure eejits looking for a cause with some mystic. A 'gang' effect more than a political party.

'Definitely there' but not a single official pronouncement that would point to it being a 'policy' or intention of SF?
    In fact you have the exact opposite happening.

It is funny reading.

Meanwhile we have SF doing what they do best playing with words.

Has anyone ever noticed that SF never call the Republic of Ireland by it's proper name?

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VdYpqZCxvDMJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/why-sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-will-not-call-the-state-by-its-name-1.4182195+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

It is always the Southern State or the Free State (when being derogatory). The irony is he DUP often refer to 'The Republic'.

I dunno have SF vanished. But the name the 'Republic of Ireland' might if SF get into power. I suppose they could call it the 26 counties. Amend the ROI 1948 and amend article 4 of the constitution if they ever got in power. I mean Ireland or Eire is not as catchy as the 26 counties/southern state is it?

'Definitely there' but not a single official pronouncement that would point to it being a 'policy' or intention of SF?
    In fact you have the exact opposite happening.

It is funny reading.

I never said it was SF policy. If you read the article you can see the writer clearly makes the point that "SF is the tolerant party with intolerant supporters."

If you have ever talked to a flag waving (rough around the edges) SF supporter from a working class area in Dublin - it is clear that there is intolerance there. With the nationalistic rhetoric and so on. And not being fond of the foreigners/other.

I laugh about it, hate the English but then support the premiership and travel over all the time....height of stupidity

The Irish language is laughable, SF stopping the government in north over Irish language that 0.2% of the population use in the North. No consideration for the 99.8% of people that need a government

My kids go to irish school, FF and FG politician, plus a couple of independent have assisted in the school, never seen a S.F. person near it

Maybe they are interested somewhere else, I must live in the wrong area

Meanwhile we have SF doing what they do best playing with words.

Has anyone ever noticed that SF never call the Republic of Ireland by it's proper name?

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VdYpqZCxvDMJ:https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/why-sinn-f%25C3%25A9in-will-not-call-the-state-by-its-name-1.4182195+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

It is always the Southern State or the Free State (when being derogatory). The irony is he DUP often refer to 'The Republic'.

Although this has been debunked before...I'll give you 50 cents if you try really hard to figure out why they have a problem calling each parts of an island that has - in their political view, wrongly and illegitimately been partitioned - the name the whole island should have. Actually I will give you 50 cents and a bag of fizzy sweets if you are quick. :)

I never said it was SF policy. If you read the article you can see the writer clearly makes the point that "SF is the tolerant party with intolerant supporters."

If you have ever talked to a flag waving (rough around the edges) SF supporter from a working class area in Dublin - it is clear that there is intolerance there. With the nationalistic rhetoric and so on. And not being fond of the foreigners/other.

Can you see why a writer that has a bias might phrase a theory in that way?

Because they don't have to prove it, so giving them the liberty to waffle away at their wee heart's content.

Like, I couldn't care less what some members of Fine Gael think about Same Sex Marriage or Women's Rights as long as they don't legislate those views into laws we all have to obey.

Again...all party's have supporters that are objectionable. If the party is not airing or lobbying for those views...so fecking what?

Although this has been debunked before...I'll give you 50 cents if you try really hard to figure out why they have a problem calling each parts of an island that has - in their political view, wrongly and illegitimately been partitioned - the name the whole island should have. Actually I will give you 50 cents and a bag of fizzy sweets if you are quick. :)

How has it being debunked? SF are always very careful in thier language to the point of comedy. Playing with words. You argue it is because they do not want to appear partitionist - fair enough

But considering during the GE that Mary Lou did not want SF's record in the NI scrutinized. She clearly stated she is from Dublin not 'the North'. I would argue she became defacto partitonist (when it suited her) to deflect from SF's performance in NI. Also, the very fact that SF have two different leaders both North and South is a tactic acceptance of partition.

As for yourself a 'new' dyed in the wool SF supporter - how would you normally refer to the state you live in?
    Because SF are going to give themselves fierce headaches

• Advertisement

Can you see why a writer that has a bias might phrase a theory in that way?

Because they don't have to prove it, so giving them the liberty to waffle away at their wee heart's content.

Like, I couldn't care less what some members of Fine Gael think about Same Sex Marriage or Women's Rights as long as they don't legislate those views into laws we all have to obey.

Again...all party's have supporters that are objectionable. If the party is not airing or lobbying for those views...so fecking what?

Well from personal experience on 'the ground' with working class SF voters from Dublin - I believe the article rings true.
    Also it makes logical sense. Working class area, disenfranchised looking to be anti-establishment.
    When you see the comments from the likes of AOS calling Alan Shatter 'Goebbels'. You do not have to dig too deep to find the true face of SF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement