Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think the fact you had to go to google says it all.

If you knew of another one you would have typed a few examples.

Come on I was not going to typing them all out!
    The fact you criticise me for not having the info - then twisting it as a negative when the basics were provided. Says more about you than me.

Most are all playing with names as you are prone to do Pale/Free State.
    But if I mentioned Minsiter for Communications - you would claim it was not propaganda.
    You should be on stage. I think you are a gas character. I will have to pay a visit 'up your way' (after covid19) because you must be some story teller. A great man to listen to in the pub?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Even a female leader appealing to female voters is 'sinister'.

There's a lot of bogeymen and women under your bed GDG

Yeah, really sinister... :rolleyes:

Serious knicker twist Francie

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    When I moved to Enniskillen years ago in the 90s was the first time I ever heard the phrase “free state”

When I moved out from Northern Ireland I have heard it because my mate uses it as he is from Armagh....he laughs when people still ask “where?” When he says it

When I heard it mentioned (as a young fella) in the news when they used to be on about South Africa. I used to assume that is where they were on about 'up that way'.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

When I moved to Enniskillen years ago in the 90s was the first time I ever heard the phrase “free state”

When I moved out from Northern Ireland I have heard it because my mate uses it as he is from Armagh....he laughs when people still ask “where?” When he says it

Was that before or after PBPs stint in govt?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,958 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Come on I was not going to typing them all out!
    The fact you criticise me for not having the info - then twisting it as a negative when the basics were provided. Says more about you than me.

Most are all playing with names as you are prone to do Pale/Free State.
    But if I mentioned Minsiter for Communications - you would claim it was not propaganda.
    You should be on stage. I think you are a gas character. I will have to pay a visit 'up your way' (after covid19) because you must be some story teller. A great man to listen to in the pub?

I neither mentioned 'pale' or 'free state'.

When you use a metaphor you typically use one easily recognized. AOS was specific that he was referring to Goebbels as a Minister.

If there is a ban or protocol in mentioning Nazis around Jewish people pleaee tell us what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

McMurphy wrote: »
    Was that before or after PBPs stint in govt?:D

Finished the popcorn yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Ah he's a gas man.

I neither mentioned 'pale' or 'free state'.

When you use a metaphor you typically use one easily recognized. AOS was specific that he was referring to Goebbels as a Minister.

If there is a ban or protocol in mentioning Nazis around Jewish people pleaee tell us what it is.

Apologies that was your fellow comrádaí in guff. But that other SF poster made my point for me on the types that are attracted to SF stuck in the old rethoic and basically wanting to be part of a gang - sorry I mean 'party'
    Tbf everyone out my way calls it the free state aswell....seems to be midlands/pale thing to be triggered by that

Does the latter half of your post really have to be elaborated on or are you feigning being unintelligent? Or is it just a SF deflection, obfuscation tactic when they are backed into a corner?
    How many Jewish people would you call Goebbels? What impact do you think it would have on them and so on?
    Or is human decency not a prerequisite to be a SF TD in the Dail, and a supporter of said party?

Tbh mate i havnt a clue what your drooling about now....but going about calling people stupid suggests your pint has no real substance behind it anyway
    "stupid"

"your pint"!!

mmmm!

Apologies that your fellow comrádaí in guff. But that other SF poster made my point for me on the types that are attracted to SF stuck in the old rethoic and basically wanting to be part of a gang - sorry I mean 'party'

So completely out of any more unbacked up rubbish to post you resort to the old 'we are all part of a plot' against posters like yourself. Very good. :rolleyes:

Does the latter half of your post really have to be elaborated on or are you feigning being unintelligent? Or is it just a SF deflection, obfuscation tactic when they are backed into a corner?
    How many Jewish people would you call Goebbels? What impact do you think it would have on them and so on?
    Or is human decency not a prerequisite to be a SF TD in the Dail, and a supporter of said party?

I think being called a 'Minister of Propaganda' would be very insulting whatever religion you are.

I think it was rude and not a very well made point...anti-Semitic...absolutely not.
    And if it was, does it mean SF are anti-Semitic?...I just get a little whoosy at the breathtaking leap that would be to make.

• Advertisement

Also I was thinking many times when I have seen MLMD obfuscate and dodge Republican questions on various crimes - I feel sorry for her.

I get the feeling she really wants to tell the truth come clean, and out the scum from Republican circles. Help the autthorities, but she is bound by the invisible Republican code from doing so.

I can almost see her mind turning. Remember what Gerry taught me 'Deny, repeat, Deny repeat'. If that does not work obfuscate and deflect.

Personally I think Gerry Adams was way better at doing that than Gerry. He could go off script dodge any question or bullet.
    Mary Lou on the other hand always appears on shaky ground when it comes to questions on Republicanism that she cannot answer because of the unwritten code.
    If it is not scripted light-hearted or an easy soft question Mary is in trouble.

But the fellas lower down the SF chain are even worse Ellis, AOS, Cullinane, Cronin.
    I feel sorry for her having to control such gombeens. While at the same time cheapening herself, and the divide between life and death and her self as a human being.

The standard Republican retort when an awkward question comes up - "all sides have lost people any loss of life is unfortunate". But Mary Lou is from comfy Rathgar yet refuses to help those living in Republican areas who have been beaten/murdered/raped in NI. Is she really in charge or not?

I dunno how she sleeps at night or how she justify 'the game' to herself. Isn't Mary Lou a wife a mother with a children? She must have thick skin? Or be able to compartmentalize her actions/non-action once she walks home?

Also I was thinking many times when I have seen MLMD obfuscate and dodge Republican questions on various crimes - I feel sorry for her.

I get the feeling she really wants to tell the truth come clean, and out the scum from Republican circles. Help the autthorities, but she is bound by the invisible Republican code from doing so.

I can almost see her mind turning. Remember what Gerry taught me 'Deny, repeat, Deny repeat'. If that does not work obfuscate and deflect.

Personally I think Gerry Adams was way better at doing that than Gerry. He could go off script dodge any question or bullet.
    Mary Lou on the other hand always appears on shaky ground when it comes to questions on Republicanism that she cannot answer because of the unwritten code.
    If it is not scripted light-hearted or an easy soft question Mary is in trouble.

But the fellas lower down the SF chain are even worse Ellis, AOS, Cullinane, Cronin.
    I feel sorry for her having to control such gombeens. While at the same time cheapening herself, and the divide between life and death and her self as a human being.

The standard Republican retort when an awkward question comes up - "all sides have lost people any loss of life is unfortunate". But Mary Lou is from comfy Rathgar yet refuses to help those living in Republican areas who have been beaten/murdered/raped in NI. Is she really in charge or not?

I dunno how she sleeps at night or how she justify 'the game' to herself. Isn't Mary Lou a wife a mother with a children? She must have thick skin? Or be able to compartmentalize her actions/non-action once she walks home?

I don't know 'how you sleep at night' GDG, with all them bogeymen and women under your bed. :)

So completely out of any more unbacked up rubbish to post you resort to the old 'we are all part of a plot' against posters like yourself. Very good. :rolleyes:

More guff. I merely pointed out another poster said the pale reference.
    But yet you have to twist that one as well.
    At this stage I would question how honest you are with yourself or on boards.ies when discussing SF. But then again the hardline SF people are well practiced at it. It is with the company they keep. Death and destruction can be shrugged off, or glorified where required.

I think being called a 'Minister of Propaganda' would be very insulting whatever religion you are.

I think it was rude and not a very well made point...anti-Semitic...absolutely not.
    And if it was, does it mean SF are anti-Semitic?...I just get a little whoosy at the breathtaking leap that would be to make.

I have already elaborated on these points that SF attracts those who have far right tendencies.

Also you seem to be squirming on the Goebells point.
    You have now resorted to it might be anti-Semitic it might not. O'Snodaigh's family background would fit the bill that he is anti-Semitic. His wife and sister in law have no respect for the authority of the ROI and so on.

He is a an individual with no class as a person, but he fits like glove into the SF mold. Thuggish with the look of bulldog that ran into a wall.
    Yet this is SF chief whip and former editor of an Phoblacht!
    This is majority of the core 'quality' people in SF.

Tbh i think its wonderful satire

Like he was good at start,but has strayed too.far into the fanciful now

The MaryLou dying fantasy was the start of the downhill dection. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I don't know 'how you sleep at night' GDG, with all them bogeymen and women under your bed. :)

Unfortunately a lot of people can't sleep at all anymore because of SF/IRA.

But you just think it's all a big laugh.

Tbh i think its wonderful satire

Like he was good at start,but has strayed too.far into the fanciful now

Sure there are stun guns, and posters of AOS under my bed in a box. A 'friend' of AOS told me it was his printer ink cartridges. Just to mind for while until they collect it. I feel codded. Now I am worried that the room is bugged.

Sure there are stun guns, and posters of AOS under my bed in a box. A friend of AOS told me it was his printer ink cartridges. Just to mind for while until they collect it. I feel codded.

You're wasting your time here.

The 4 paid lads will never ever ever admit to anything negative about SF ever.

They will go around in circles with you.

They are well trained.

2 of them will say they never voted for SF:)

Some operation they run in fairness.

For your sanity just move on.

More guff. I merely pointed out another poster said the pale reference.
    But yet you have to twist that one as well.
    At this stage I would question how honest you are with yourself or on boards.ies when discussing SF. But then again the hardline SF people are well practiced at it. It is with the company they keep. Death and destruction can be shrugged off, or glorified where required.
    Don't you know what
    'fellow comrádaí in guff' means?
    You typed it.
    I have already elaborated on these points that SF attracts those who have far right tendencies.

Also you seem to be squirming on the Goebells point.
    You have now resorted to it might be anti-Semitic it might not. O'Snodaigh's family background would fit the bill that he is anti-Semitic. His wife and sister in law have no respect for the authority of the ROI and so on.

He is a an individual with no class as a person, but he fits like glove into the SF mold. Thuggish with the look of bulldog that ran into a wall.
    Yet this is SF chief whip and former editor of an Phoblacht!
    This is majority of the core 'quality' people in SF.

Seriously...don't vote for him.

And I am not in the slightest conflicted...if I am going to accuse somebody of being 'anti Semetic' I am going to need more than him mentioning a Nazi for a specific reason...that he is the most famous and notorious Minster For Propaganda the world has known.

They are well trained.

I agree, I just use the ignore button on most them....just google “SFOS“ and you can make up your own mind

They are well trained.

I wonder what is the pay in it? I mean FrancieBrady finds the time to watch afterlife. I feel that means there must be plenty of free time. I mean I know the mantra.
    Make light of the loss of life/criminality as a result of republican/SF/IRA activities seem inconsequential/unfortunate.

Blame any party but SF, for not forming a government.

Claim the IRA is gone.

Glorify any republican deaths, or republican people no matter what they have done. Call them 'good republicans'

Use phrases like FFG as it is necessary to make it seem like it is SF against the one entity.

Big up a 25% electoral vote as the call for 'change'

Ignore SF's record in NI as you can blame it on WM or the Unionists

Pretend that SF is an all inclusive party with out any anti-immigrant overtones among the voting base.

--

I am sure I would be good at it because I have read plenty of the guff on boards at this stage.

• Advertisement

Plenty negative about SF,just that lad hasnt raised anything based in reality (seriously.read his posts,its the inane ramblings of a unwell individual,his sanity i suspect is long gone)

Says the fella who still uses terms Free State and Pale.
    Yeah it is me with the issue.
    The reality is SF is a lot more like a street gang trying to smarten up it's image to broaden it's appeal. Fortunately the majority of the electorate still see SF for what they are and covid19 has been a blessing in disguise because SF have all that flase momentum lost.

Hitler was stopped when he was jailed in the 1920's. Covid19 has stopped SF in the 2020's. The Irish people will want an intelligent mature party who is able to govern (without the purse strings of WM)
    The people of Ireland will want a decent party with a sound economic plan to bring Ireland out of recession. SF's cheap houses pie in the sky stuff - will not fool the populace.

I wonder what is the pay in it? I mean FrancieBrady finds the time to watch afterlife. I feel that means there must be plenty of free time. I mean I know the mantra.
    Make light of the loss of life/criminality as a result of republican/SF/IRA activities seem inconsequential/unfortunate.

Blame any party but SF, for not forming a government.

Claim the IRA is gone.

Glorify any republican deaths, or republican people no matter what they have done. Call them 'good republicans'

Use phrases like FFG as it is necessary to make it seem like it is SF against the one entity.

Big up a 25% electoral vote as the call for 'change'

Ignore SF's record in NI as you can blame it on WM or the Unionists

Pretend that SF is an all inclusive party with out any anti-immigrant overtones among the voting base.

--

I am sure I would be good at it because I have read plenty of the guff on boards at this stage.

Its a closed organisation.

Simple as that.

Just look at their leader elections.

30 years unchallenged.

Then Mary Lou.

Tell me who she was up against again?

inane ramblings and personal prejudice passed off as political dogma,with little basis in reality

I think you have been at too many Sinn Fein Ard Fheis'? ;)

Says the fella who still uses terms Free State and Pale.

'Free State' is as common in usage around here as Ireland or the Republic.
    It's habit thin and passed on from previous generations. I would imagine 99% of the people who use it don't even think about it.

'Free State' is as common in usage around here as Ireland or the Republic.
    It's habit thin and passed on from previous generations. I would imagine 99% of the people who use it don't even think about it.

In other words brainwashed with a doctrine and mantra - is your excuse.

I know damn well they think about it - much as SF politicians in the Dail say - 'this state' the 'Southern State' instead of Ireland or ROI or the Republic.

It is the part of Republican lexicon all part of the pantomime - the 6 counties/the occupied 6 instead of NI.

In other words brainwashed with a doctrine and mantra - is your excuse.

I know damn well they think about it - much as SF politicians in the Dail say - 'this state' the 'Southern State' instead of Ireland or ROI or the Republic.

It is the part of Republican lexicon all part of the pantomime - the 6 counties/the occupied 6 instead of NI.

My father who was reared near Enniskillen and came here in the early 50's. He used it all the time. And he was not a SF fan, more an SDLP man in fact. Most northeners of his generation called it that.

My father who was reared near Enniskillen and came here in the early 50's. He used it all the time. And he was not a SF fan, more an SDLP man in fact. Most northeners of his generation called it that.
    Some Northerners live in the 1690s and others in the 1930s. It explains a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Tbh mate,never been,nor any intention of ever joining (deffo not going watching a 29 mi n youtube video zZz)

SF are too much hypocrites for my liking

Yet you are on here day and night defending them...riiight...

Its a closed organisation.

Simple as that.

Just look at their leader elections.

30 years unchallenged.

Then Mary Lou.

Tell me who she was up against again?

Tell us again who really won the FG leadership election?

*Of course you will defend that by saying that ignoring the vote of the members is how FG do things...which is fair enough...doesn't really bother me, if that is how you roll, on you go, everyone who joins knows/or should know how it works.
    Different parties do it differently. Big deal.

• Advertisement

Yet you are on here day and night defending them...riiight...

A number of posters on here, day and night defending SF and see no fault with SF...funny how none of them are actually SF supporters:P

Really need to get a better cover story between them

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement