Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Tell us again who really won the FG leadership election?

*Of course you will defend that by saying that ignoring the vote of the members is how FG do things...which is fair enough...doesn't really bother me, if that is how you roll, on you go, everyone who joins knows/or should know how it works.
    Different parties do it differently. Big deal.

The rules were set out beforehand. The votes were weighted. This is a really simple idea. I know you can get it.
    Leo won going by the rules put in place BEFOREHAND. Would I have preferred Coveney? Absolutely. But the rules were there. Completely transparent.
    I have faith in you francie. I know the penny will drop eventually.

The rules were set out beforehand. The votes were weighted. This is a really simple idea. I know you can get it.
    Leo won going by the rules put in place BEFOREHAND. Would I have preferred Coveney? Absolutely. But the rules were there. Completely transparent.

Mate only in FG land would they critise some party for being undemocratic and proceed to claim person with fewest votes winner of an leadership election

Like if this isnt hyprocrisy,what is?

(Quite possibly i would support FG,if coveny was leader,he comes across as honest,sincere and upstanding individual interested in doing things right)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I don't get why they hold a members vote to begin with if the upper echelons make who they decide to be leader regardless of what day the members vote to begin with.

That's how they do things - and more power to them, but how in god's name they think they can point at any other party is beyond me.

Also on the leadership selection of Leo, they went with the man who lost them an election during an economic boom - and appears to be wanting to make the partnership with FF official.

Confidence and Supply last time.
    Coalition this time.

Where to next time?

Some achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,956 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So...take the point on board here and let the penny drop there too.

Who in SF didn't 'know the rules' before they joined? If they don't know the rules/regulations/procedures then that is their fault.
    FG weight votes to control.
    That's the bottom line, there is no other reason for doing it. That's how they roll, everyone knows it or should know it. No different to any other party.

Mate only in FG land would they critise some party for being undemocratic and proceed to claim person with fewest votes winner of an leadership election

Like if this isnt hyprocrisy,what is?

(Quite possibly i would support FG,if coveny was leader,he comes across as honest,sincere and upstanding individual interested in doing things right)

Of course you would. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

So...take the point on board here and let the penny drop there too.

Who in SF didn't 'know the rules' before they joined? If they don't know the rules/regulations/procedures then that is their fault.
    FG weight votes to control.
    That's the bottom line, there is no other reason for doing it. That's how they roll, everyone knows it or should know it. No different to any other party.

What are the rules in SF? No one is allowed question or challenge leadership? Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What are the rules in SF? No one is allowed question or challenge leadership? Nice.

You've been through this already with the O'Neil v O'Dowd leadership challenge.

Like does anything ever sink into your head at all, you've been over this one already.

All arse no trousers.

Of course you would. :rolleyes:

May suprise you,to know...i have friends (including an ex)who are members of FG,most are uneasy with direction varadar taking em....this weird extremist thing,where FG and shinners arent friends is solely an internet thing

Coveny is much closer to what FG tradionally stood for,

Varadkar cultivates the worst of sneering,fcuk the poor,thatcherism type centre right policies,that deserve the lack of respect they get....

.he will eventually lead to ruination of FG as centrist voters abandon them and move to likes of soc dems etc and they become irelands tory party

Keeping themselves and FF below 50% combined is essential to have any hope of change imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

gmisk wrote: »
    They haven't gone away you know...

No there in the long grass

I have no idea what the rules are. I am not looking to join the party.

We had a SF member on here a while back and he/she explained the process of picking a leader and seemed fine to me.

Cumman's nominate, was the jist of it and if somebody emerges as a clear leader from that process then they are ratified as leader at an Ard Fheis. That, he /she explained, is why it can look like a person is 'anointed'.

Take it or leave it as an explanation, if members don't like that they can leave, I guess.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    You've been through this already with the O'Neil v O'Dowd leadership challenge.

Like does anything ever sink into your head at all, you've been over this one already.

All arse no trousers.

I have been through anything. Try harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Not sure what the rules on picking a FG leader has to do with a S.F. thread, maybe discuss that on the FG thread....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭JJJackal

I suspect if the rules required he won the popular vote Leo would have found a way to have tied up months before an election contest. He knew he need a large % of the elected representatives and got that.

FYI - I would have voted for Simon if I was in FG

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Not sure what the rules on picking a FG leader has to do with a S.F. thread, maybe discuss that on the FG thread....

True. Constant whataboutery from the shinners.

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Here you are on a FF thread talking about the Shinners. What's good for the goose...etc etc.
    shefwedfan wrote:
    It doesn’t, it’s more BS made up by S.F. to try cover up the fact they don’t want to be in government and prefer to sit slinging mud for next 5 years

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=113393634&postcount=485

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

Sinn Féin writes to Dublin City Council with ‘potential health concerns’ over 5G masts

https://www.businesspost.ie/ireland/sinn-fein-writes-to-dublin-city-council-with-potential-health-concerns-over-5g-masts-51e0177a

Imagine these lads in power, Jesus Christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Yeah someone else posted a thread about social distancing on boards.ie, gave out about Keelings etc, then proceeded to say Travellers in Ireland could go where they like. And people from NI can go wherever they like in the ROI.
    You could see the them and us mentality.

It is definitely there, in a cohort of the SF vote. Ireland for the Irish etc. But the irony is many of these types hardly speak a word of Gaeilge (I don't know what SF's excuse is for the last 100 years - re- the Irish language). But they want the 'Brits out', and have tattoos of British soccer teams.
    While failing to see the irony.

It would be like you having a large tattoo of Sheffield Wednesday while giving out about 'The Brits'. I have no time for them, they are pure eejits looking for a cause with some mystic. A 'gang' effect more than a political party.

Nice side step lads.
    We'd a chap, posts here often, fond of the Greens, telling us a few months back how SF wouldn't do so well because they support immigrants/asylum seekers rights but their supporters don't.
    Maybe it's the stereotype yis are peddling needs work? I suppose by that narrow logic anyone votes FG is an accidental landlord who dodges tax and misses the empire :)

Bowie wrote: »
    Nice side step lads.
    We'd a chap, posts here often, fond of the Greens, telling us a few months back how SF wouldn't do so well because they support immigrants/asylum seekers rights but their supporters don't.
    Maybe it's the stereotype yis are peddling needs work? I suppose by that narrow logic anyone votes FG is an accidental landlord who dodges tax and misses the empire :)

The SF chief whip is a 5G conspiracy theorist. "Stereotypes" though

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    Nice side step lads.

Are you making things up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Ballso wrote: »
    Sinn Féin writes to Dublin City Council with ‘potential health concerns’ over 5G masts

https://www.businesspost.ie/ireland/sinn-fein-writes-to-dublin-city-council-with-potential-health-concerns-over-5g-masts-51e0177a

What a shower of gombeens. I see Three withdrew their application afterwards. Did O'Snodaigh send someone around to have a word?

• Advertisement

Imagine these lads in 'power'.

No more than Leo, when you are going to have a pop, check the activities of your own party first.

A government minister, the Social Democrats leader, and Fianna Fáil and Sinn Féin TDs raised questions about the potential health impacts of 5G technology last year.
    Fine Gael minister Brendan Griffin, SocDem leader Róisín Shortall, Sinn Féin TDs Pearse Doherty and Brian Stanley and Fianna Fáil TDs Robert Troy, Niamh Smyth and Pat Casey, who is now a senator, submitted parliamentary questions (PQs) about 5G's health impact.

I have no idea about 5g but I will defend anyone's right to ask questions about concerns. FG FF SF Joe Bloggs, you or anyone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Moronic. Desperate that someone that peddles nonsense like that is a TD.

Willie O'Dea was saying similar crap a few weeks back too.

I have no idea about 5g but I will defend anyone's right to ask questions about concerns. FG FF SF Joe Bloggs, you or anyone.

I guess you didn't read the article so.

He didn't ask a question.

Amirani wrote: »
    I guess you didn't read the article so.

He didn't ask a question.

It's behind a paywall.

blanch152 wrote: »
    What a shower of gombeens. I see Three withdrew their application afterwards. Did O'Snodaigh send someone around to have a word?

Gombeens is being extremely kind. These lads know what they are doing, same as O'Doherty et al.

Preying on the stupid and uneducated for support

It's behind a paywall.

The letter from O'Snodaigh et al says:

"There are major and justifiable concerns for public health: 5G will substantially increase exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF) on top of the 2G, 3G, 4G, WiFi etc . . . for telecommunications already in place. RF-EMF has been proven to be harmful to humans and the environment."

That's not a question, it's a lie and is peddling a conspiracy theory. Completely reasonable to question, not to make statements like that.

Amirani wrote: »
    The letter from O'Snodaigh et al says:

"There are major and justifiable concerns for public health: 5G will substantially increase exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF) on top of the 2G, 3G, 4G, WiFi etc . . . for telecommunications already in place. RF-EMF has been proven to be harmful to humans and the environment."

That's not a question, it's a lie and is peddling a conspiracy theory. Completely reasonable to question, not to make statements like that.

I am not qualified to come down on a side here as I haven't paid much attention to the issue.

I googled that phrase ^ above and this comes up.

https://www.google.com/search?q=5G+will+substantially+increase+exposure+to+radiofrequency+electromagnetic+fields+(RF-EMF)+on+top+of+the+2G%2C+3G%2C+4G%2C+WiFi+etc+.+.+.+for+telecommunications+already+in+place.+RF-EMF+has+been+proven+to+be+harmful+to+humans+and+the+environment.%22&oq=5G+will+substantially+increase+exposure+to+radiofrequency+electromagnetic+fields+(RF-EMF)+on+top+of+the+2G%2C+3G%2C+4G%2C+WiFi+etc+.+.+.+for+telecommunications+already+in+place.+RF-EMF+has+been+proven+to+be+harmful+to+humans+and+the+environment.%22&aqs=chrome..69i57.1581j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I don't have time to go through all that, so if you could point to a source that conclusively proves it to be a 'conspiracy theory' that would be good.

I did read this to get an overview and there doesn't seem to be anything conclusive out there, plenty of gaps in the science and questions though.

https://www.rte.ie/brainstorm/2019/0313/1036125-should-we-be-worried-about-radiation-from-5g-networks/

You want us to debate whether radio is harmful to your health now? Maybe try your mate Gemma on Twitter?

Like I said, imagine these morons in power. Thank Christ the rest of the parties, each with their own myriad failings, won't touch these dangerous idiots. Irelands version of the Five Star Movement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The SF chief whip is a 5G conspiracy theorist. "Stereotypes" though

So if I list all the FG landlords what do I win?
    blanch152 wrote: »
    Are you making things up again?

No, waxing lyrical about how SF policy on immigration differed from their support base, which made the usual sense.
    Shall we call each other liars all day or be adults? If I found it and posted it you'd run away anyway.

It's the inherent FG ignorance will always see them be second fiddle to FF unless theres a disaster.

• Advertisement

You want us to debate whether radio is harmful to your health now? Maybe try your mate Gemma on Twitter?

Like I said, imagine these morons in power. Thank Christ the rest of the parties, each with their own myriad failings, won't touch these dangerous idiots. Irelands version of the Five Star Movement.
    Maybe try your mate Gemma on Twitter?

Says everything that needs to be said about your ability to debate really.

Another quick trawl of Google will bring up plenty of FF FG Greens who have voiced concerns or raised issues around 5g.

As I said before about incidents of corruption or GBH in other parties - extrapolating that to tar an entire party with the one brush could be done...but who would be so needy or so immature?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement