Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

I have just read that SF are going to resume talks with PBP on forming a government. It seems that they are also talking to a few independents.

I am not sure if they want to form a government, a national government, a unity government, a national government of unity or a national unity government, but it is about time they started to engage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

They potentially could get 35% of vote though?...likely be well above 30 anyway,and fair play to em....

but it looks as if that vote increase to come entirely at expense of FF and be same situation as now with forming a government,only rearranging deckchairs is what an election will do imo

Knocking the stuffing out of out of FF is hardly likely to worry FG is it. :pac:

Hardly FGs fault if no one else wants to govern.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

atticu wrote: »
    I have just read that SF are going to resume talks with PBP on forming a government. It seems that they are also talking to a few independents.

I am not sure if they want to form a government, a national government, a unity government, a national government of unity or a national unity government, but it is about time they started to engage.

started to engage? I think this shows how out of the loop some people are

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭guyfo

They want to get back in the headlines again, that's all they want to achieve.

Absolutely ridiculous to be saying stuff like that when all FF/FG have to do is get 5 people on their side to stop them getting into power...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

This is just a PR stunt because now everyone is pointing the finger at them. The PBP writing a letter and publishing on website looked very bad for SF because it showed up how useles they are

If they wanted to form a government that should have happened in Feb, not in May

• Advertisement

guyfo wrote: »
    They want to get back in the headlines again, that's all they want to achieve.

Absolutely ridiculous to be saying stuff like that when all FF/FG have to do is get 5 people on their side to stop them getting into power...

Its pure PR...MLM knows she cant go on TV complaining about FF/FG when the PBP are saying SF have no interest in talking to them.

Shows as usual it is all a pack of lies coming from SF

Knocking the stuffing out of out of FF is hardly likely to worry FG is it. :pac:

Hardly FGs fault if no one else wants to govern.

Problem is FF core voters, of whom are a lot will not switch to either SF or FG. So the swing voter are the ones for grabs. They are the ones who went with SF last time, will they go with them again when you see the likes of Violet Anne knocking around?

SF dont want an election, they would prefer FF/FG to create a government, spent 5 years trying to get some decent politicians and keep firing mud from the sidelines> I said this straight after the election and nothing has changed in the last 3 months to suggest otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Runaways wrote: »
    Just as Leo won’t allow a second election how many counts did it take for him to get returned
    Was it 5?

That has to be a sting to His massive ego

No mandate Even in his own constituency
    What rubbish are you spouting about a second election. Both Martin and Varadkar ran second candidates in their constituency but "big surplus" fishwife wanted the headline for herself

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Its pure PR...MLM knows she cant go on TV complaining about FF/FG when the PBP are saying SF have no interest in talking to them.

hang on .. on one hand you are saying FF and FG dont need to talk to SF, but yet SF HAVE TO talk to the PBP.

Make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

armaghlad wrote: »
    Oh I’m sure you’re really concerned about Paul Quinn’s death

Here we go again. If ANY other party member today in DE was involved in protection of murderers , protection of pedophiles and rapists they would NOT have a political career. The list of things wrong is at times incredulous as to how they are left lie.

1.1m of the elecorate in the ROI still care. That particular poster obviously cares. I care which is the main reason I voted for parties which would not go in with SF.

You maybe hardened to mayhem, murder, robbery and protection of pedophiles as a hard-nosed dyed in the wool republican from Armagh.

But the majority of those outside that bubble are people who do not switch on an off thier human decency when it suits. There are only so many times the decent people of Ireland can mention such problems with SF as they brush it off or demean death, rape, child rape and injustice and so on - without even a nod towards justice. But it seems the decent human beings of Ireland have to continue as it is the only way for SF to move forward with decency

Your post above is like someone saying glibly in the covid19 thread "and I suppose you care about 1458 deaths in the ROI?"

You obviously have a heart of stone not to care about the loss of life, and the loss of life of innocents.

Maybe you only cared when it served the republican cause like in 1972 Bloody Sunday? Did those lives matter?

Why not light yourself on fire as statement outside DE (in protest against no SF in government) if you value life that lowly. Like that Buddhist monk did? It should kill any potential covid19 as well and make it handy for the mortuary.

Or do you value your own life more highly than others?
    You could become a republican martyr.
    They might sing songs about you.

Of course it is much safer for a 'tough republican lad' like you, to try and show are hardened and tough you are on a message forum

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

maccored wrote: »
    hang on .. on one hand you are saying FF and FG dont need to talk to SF, but yet SF HAVE TO talk to the PBP.

Make up your mind.

"Vote left all the way" and all that stuff.

maccored wrote: »

Make up your mind.

Maybe you have a better grasp on the english language to me, but I don't see anything in this post about saying SF have to do anything

As you like bold and captials like my 6 year old, can you point it out to me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,955 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, both the IMC and the Irish government changed their stance within a week once further information became available and it was clear that IRA and other Sinn Fein sources were unfairly blackening the name of Paul Quinn.
    Have you a link to where the IMC changed their stance?

Read Bertie's statement and he doesn't say, in a carefully worded statement, that he received different information.
    Bertie wrote:
    "I shared certain information about the lines of inquiry being pursued and in speaking about criminality I was responding to questions asked on whether the murder had a political motivation or implications for the Northern Ireland Executive. I did not in any way intend to make an issue out of the character of Paul Quinn and I am happy to make that clear to the House."
    It also begs the question, that even if true, why people on social media just dismiss Paul Quinn's murder as inconsequential because they support the belief that he somehow deserved it. Quite disgusting.

Not aware of anyone here of that opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,785 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Not aware of anyone here of that opinion.

It was implied above in the post by Armaghlad- assuming that another poster did not care about the death of Paul Quinn.
    in other words people of the mindset of armaghlad demean deaths/appalling actions that does not suit his republican agenda. The implication being that Paul Quinn, Maria Cahill deserved it and does not matter.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Are you seriously going to ignore the colourful array of chancers, fraudsters, bullies and loons that have repped for most if not all of the parties of this state at various times?
    :)

Still it’s okay for scum like that to be representing your party. Nice

Here we go again. If ANY other party member today in DE was involved in protection of murderers , protection of pedophiles and rapists they would NOT have a political career. The list of things wrong is at times incredulous as to how they are left lie.

1.1m of the elecorate in the ROI still care. That particular poster obviously cares. I care which is the main reason I voted for parties which would not go in with SF.

You maybe hardened to mayhem, murder, robbery and protection of pedophiles as a hard-nosed dyed in the wool republican from Armagh.

But the majority of those outside that bubble are people who do not switch on an off thier human decency when it suits. There are only so many times the decent people of Ireland can mention such problems with SF as they brush it off or demean death, rape, child rape and injustice and so on - without even a nod towards justice. But it seems the decent human beings of Ireland have to continue as it is the only way for SF to move forward with decency

Your post above is like someone saying glibly in the covid19 thread "and I suppose you care about 1458 deaths in the ROI?"

You obviously have a heart of stone not to care about the loss of life, and the loss of life of innocents.

Maybe you only cared when it served the republican cause like in 1972 Bloody Sunday? Did those lives matter?

Why not light yourself on fire as statement outside DE (in protest against no SF in government) if you value life that lowly. Like that Buddhist monk did? It should kill any potential covid19 as well and make it handy for the mortuary.

Or do you value your own life more highly than others?
    You could become a republican martyr.
    They might sing songs about you.

Of course it is much safer for a 'tough republican lad' like you, to try and show are hardened and tough you are on a message forum

"tough republican lad"
    Probably flaunts around with his Celtic jersey and Easter Lily to get a bit of street cred

It was implied above in the post by Armaghlad- assuming that another poster did not care about the death of Paul Quinn.
    in other words people of the mindset of armaghlad demean deaths/appalling actions that does not suit his republican agenda. The implication being that Paul Quinn, Maria Cahill deserved it and does not matter.

There is routine victim exploitation engaged in on here by the usual crew. They don't care about victims...they care about selective victims.

Jean McConville, Garda McCabe, Maria Caihill, Paul Quinn and a select other few are used again and again for their emotive value and primarily for their links to SF.

None of the 1000's of other victims, men women and a not insignificant amount of children get a look in.

Nothing demeans victims more than that kind of use, they are picked up and dropped only when it is politically expedient to do it. Shameful behaviour and not the first time it has been pointed out here.

Maybe you have a better grasp on the english language to me, but I don't see anything in this post about saying SF have to do anything

As you like bold and captials like my 6 year old, can you point it out to me please?

Capitals? Maybe your 6 year old can spell better?

The whole point of his post was that SF was engaged in 'pure PR' - for acting like FF and FG.

Edgware wrote: »
    What rubbish are you spouting about a second election. Both Martin and Varadkar ran second candidates in their constituency but "big surplus" fishwife wanted the headline for herself

The fishwife has made some hash of this election result. Could she have played it any worse.

So much for ‘winning’ the election...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

Sorry, I sincerely apologise for not thinking some anonymous west Brit poster on an internet forum was being genuine in his sorrow at the death of a 21 year old from the north that he never knew or met.

I certainly don’t believe for one second that he or anyone else who would be of a similar west-Brit mindset would ever use the death of an individual for political football - especially not on a thread about Sinn Fein.

I’m now of the firm belief that anyone who mentioned Paul Quinn’s murder on this thread did so merely because they are supporters of unsolved murders in the north and absolutely nothing to do with where the murder took place and who was allegedly involved.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I sincerely apologise for not thinking some anonymous west Brit poster on an internet forum was being genuine in his sorrow at the death of a 21 year old from the north that he never knew or met.

I certainly don’t believe for one second that he or anyone else who would be of a similar west-Brit mindset would ever use the death of an individual for political football - especially not on a thread about Sinn Fein.

I’m now of the firm belief that anyone who mentioned Paul Quinn’s murder on this thread did so merely because they are supporters of unsolved murders in the north and absolutely nothing to do with where the murder took place and who was allegedly involved.

‘West brit’. Classic.

‘West brit’. Classic.

Shinner dictionary:

West Brit. . Tick
    Free State. Tick.
    Bomber Harris. Tick
    Mehole. Tick
    Denny. Tick

Just include one in any sentence and that counts as political argument.

‘West brit’. Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

‘West brit’. Classic.
    GRMA

Shinner dictionary:

West Brit. . Tick
    Free State. Tick.
    Bomber Harris. Tick
    Mehole. Tick
    Denny. Tick

And the anti Shinners don't have a dictionary...of course they don't, pure as the driven snow. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shinner dictionary:

West Brit. . Tick
    Free State. Tick.
    Bomber Harris. Tick
    Mehole. Tick
    Denny. Tick

You've only ever heard SF voters use mehole, Mary loo, Jurry, Norn Iron, shinners etc.? You don't visit boards much do you?

TBF, West Brit would be a fair comment/label for Varadkar and Flanagan.

And the anti Shinners don't have a dictionary...of course they don't, pure as the driven snow. :)

I would call it anti the general public, if they don't support FG. By their logic if you throw the Greens a vote you must be a crusty with dreads who uses wind powered trousers, (it's the all bean diet).

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Ballso

‘West brit’. Classic.

Only Shinners are truly Irish see. And they wonder why people keep comparing them to the other populist nationalist movements

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

So much anger on this thread from Francie, Matt Barrett and the lads. Steaming almost coming out their virtual ears.

Very amusing to read.

• Advertisement

Ballso wrote: »
    Only Shinners are truly Irish see. And they wonder why people keep comparing them to the other populist nationalist movements

SF does not own the idea, culture, heritage of Ireland or Irishness. Myself and Enda Kenny would like to see a united Ireland. The point is the Fine Gael party and it's 'ideology', Belfast being overseas, nostalgic for the Tans and the Empire days, would suit the kind of person one might refer to as a west brit. That has nothing to do with SF or the Wolfe Tones for that matter.
    an Irish person who is perceived as being anglophilic in matters of culture or politics. West Britain is a description of Ireland emphasising it as under British influence.

If that's not wanting to commemorate the RIC/Tans, using the same election strategists as the British Tories, having the same disdain for the general public as the Tories and referring to Belfast as over seas I'm Eoin O'Duffy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement