Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

maccored wrote: »
    Capitals? Maybe your 6 year old can spell better?

The whole point of his post was that SF was engaged in 'pure PR' - for acting like FF and FG.

Wow....burn :P

Still no idea what you are talking about.....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,955 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bowie wrote: »

If that's not wanting to commemorate the RIC/Tans, using the same election strategists as the British Tories, having the same disdain for the general public as the Tories and referring to Belfast as over seas I'm Eoin O'Duffy.

Not to mention some of them strategically using their fellow Irish men and women in NI for party political purposes. One minute lecturing them on democracy, the next excluding their political representatives.
    Exactly what Varadkar did in the Dáil and on the Kenny show.
    His mask has slipped off completely.

SF does not own the idea, culture, heritage of Ireland or Irishness. Myself and Enda Kenny would like to see a united Ireland. The point is the Fine Gael party and it's 'ideology', Belfast being overseas, nostalgic for the Tans and the Empire days, would suit the kind of person one might refer to as a west brit. That has nothing to do with SF or the Wolfe Tones for that matter.

If that's not wanting to commemorate the RIC/Tans, using the same election strategists as the British Tories, having the same disdain for the general public as the Tories and referring to Belfast as over seas I'm Eoin O'Duffy.

Tick, mention of the commemoration today. All is good in the World.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Tick, mention of the commemoration today. All is good in the World.

So what? Are you just about acting the arse now? At least your efforts at making a point were funny sometimes. Can't recall last time I mentioned it and even if it was every day so what?

Not to mention some of them strategically using their fellow Irish men and women in NI for party political purposes. One minute lecturing them on democracy, the next excluding their political representatives.
    Exactly what Varadkar did in the Dáil and on the Kenny show.
    His mask has slipped off completely.

It's like the GFA. They'll take pats on the back for working towards an all inclusive peace then disrespect and damage the cross party good works because someone asked Leo an awkward question.

• Advertisement

So what? Are you just about acting the arse now? At least your efforts at making a point were funny sometimes. Can't recall last time I mentioned it and even if it was every day so what?

Sorry the tick was in refernece of one of your crew get it in at least once a day :-)

Just you have no issue with complaining about the RIC/B&T. Who are hated for the unspeakable acts of violence carried out on Irish people.

But when the IRA do the same in 2007 to an Irish person and SF help with the cover up thats no issue. Is that not exactly why everyone hates the B&T? taking innocent people into sheds and beating them till they are dead?

So if it is ok for the IRA to do it and get it covered up by SF, are you saying it was ok for the B&T to do it>?

P.S. that was the most stupid idea I ever heard from FG....no idea which idiot came up with that

Sorry the tick was in refernece of one of your crew get it in at least once a day :-)

Just you have no issue with complaining about the RIC/B&T. Who are hated for the unspeakable acts of violence carried out on Irish people.

But when the IRA do the same in 2007 to an Irish person and SF help with the cover up thats no issue. Is that not exactly why everyone hates the B&T? taking innocent people into sheds and beating them till they are dead?

So if it is ok for the IRA to do it and get it covered up by SF, are you saying it was ok for the B&T to do it>?

P.S. that was the most stupid idea I ever heard from FG....no idea which idiot came up with that

You're just looking for a slagging match. Jog on.

You're just looking for a slagging match. Jog on.

You missed the other part

Rightly you have distain for the RIC/B&T but then you overlook the exact same carry on from PIRA/SF?

So how does that work?

Rightly you have distain for the RIC/B&T but then you overlook the exact same carry on from PIRA/SF?

So how does that work?

Tuned out after the crew line.
    No I've not ;)

Tuned out after the crew line.
    No I've not ;)

Of course you did.

So answer the question or as usual just dodge it?

• Advertisement

So how does that work?

Ira were fighting for irish freedom,the black and tans werr here to terrorise and put down a rebellion/war of independance

Of course you did.

So answer the question or as usual just dodge it?

As usual? Show your work.

I didn't over look their carry on, I don't see the comparison between a force used to oppress Irish people and one looking to gain equal rights and democracy for Irish people. Is it the killing has you confused? Also they don't cancel each other out. Both could be bad or good depending on your perspective right?
    We adults were discussing terms used and I spoke on 'west brit'.

Before you make yourself seem even more foolish, please note, a vote for SF isn't a vote for knee capping, neither is a vote for FG a vote for antisemetism or the Empire. Life isn't that straightforward.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

guyfo wrote: »
    They want to get back in the headlines again, that's all they want to achieve.

Absolutely ridiculous to be saying stuff like that when all FF/FG have to do is get 5 people on their side to stop them getting into power...

If all I need is 5 to form a government why haven’t they then

Simply put FFFG Are as toxic to other parties and independents as Sinn Fein are made out to be

Anyone getting into bed with FFFG has not a hope of ever being re-elected

As usual? Show your work.

I didn't over look their carry on, I don't see the comparison between a force used to oppress Irish people and one looking to gain equal rights and democracy for Irish people. Is it the killing has you confused?
    The adults and I were discussing terms used and I spoke on 'west brit'.

Before you make yourself seem even more foolish, please note, a vote for SF isn't a vote for knee capping, neither is a vote for FG a vote for antisemetism or the Empire. Life isn't that straightforward.

How was killing a man in 2007 gaining equal rights or democracy for the Irish people?

You mentioned the RIC/B&T. Not me.

If that's not wanting to commemorate the RIC/Tans,.

What exactly any different to the B&T killing someone in the 1920 in a shed because they are a catholic to the IRA killing someone in 2007 because they are??? well because they didnt do what they want

I don't see any difference, maybe you can explain why you would?

Sorry to update, the B&T in 1920 were in a war against Ireland. The killing in 2007 the IRA were.....well just killing someone. Both are as equally repulsive to me.

Runaways wrote: »
    If all I need is 5 to form a government why haven’t they then

Simply put FFFG Are as toxic to other parties and independents as Sinn Fein are made out to be

Anyone getting into bed with FFFG has not a hope of ever being re-elected

Really?

Based on what?

How was killing a man in 2007 gaining equal rights or democracy for the Irish people?

What exactly any different to the B&T killing someone in the 1920 in a shed because they are a catholic to the IRA killing someone in 2007 because they are??? well because they didnt do what they want

Somebody tell Shef that the IRA as an organisation was not involved in that murder.

No idea. Who made that claim?

So what? Are you looking for me to give you a point?

Already did. I'm not here to educate you on life and how the world works. I'll tell you that it's complex. If you don't see the difference between a man being killed in a shed, by the IRA was it? Or the D Day landings killings, you should really educate yourself. That's a worrying psychological issue IMO.

Really?

Based on what?

The Greens after going in with FF and Labour after going in with FG. Do you follow politics?

No idea. Who made that claim?

So what? Are you looking for me to give you a point?

Already did. I'm not here to educate you on life and how the world works. I'll tell you that it's complex. If you don't see the difference between a man being killed in a shed, by the IRA was it? Or the D Day landings killings, you should really educate yourself. That's a worrying psychological issue IMO.

You rightly seem to have an issue with the RIC/B&T but at the same time you defend the IRA/SF.

The IRA killed loads of people not for equal rights/ democracy as you claim. They killed them because they didnt do what the IRA wanted. Do you disagree with this?

P.S. less of the personal comments.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

So much anger on this thread from Francie, Matt Barrett and the lads. Steaming almost coming out their virtual ears.

Very amusing to read.

They definitely seem to be triggered this evening. Realisation what a mess the fishwife has made of things.

• Advertisement

They definitely seem to be triggered this evening. Realisation what a mess the fishwife has made of things.

Shef is fighting the conflict out again and sonebody is indulging in his cosy sexism...I think 'anger' is obviously in the eye of the beholders. :)

Shef is fighting the conflict out again and sonebody is indulging in his cosy sexism...I think 'anger' is obviously in the eye of the beholders. :)

Cosy sexism :rolleyes:

Try and call any self respecting woman a 'fish wife' and you'll find out very quickly about your sexism.

:P

Now you see why it is better to ignore some of these "people"

• Registered Users Posts: 27,958 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Somebody tell Shef that the IRA as an organisation was not involved in that murder.

Like most rational people in this country, I don't believe the IRA are innocent of Paul Quinn's murder. Some of those people give them a pass for it on account of the Peace Process baby in Sinn Fein's arms, I don't.

Edgware wrote: »
    Shinner dictionary:

West Brit. . Tick
    Free State. Tick.
    Bomber Harris. Tick
    Mehole. Tick
    Denny. Tick

Just include one in any sentence and that counts as political argument.

You forgot the perennial favourite around here - Partitionist.

Try and call any self respecting woman a 'fish wife' and you'll find out very quickly about your sexism.

How the hell is the term fishwife sexist?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Like most rational people in this country, I don't believe the IRA are innocent of Paul Quinn's murder. Some of those people give them a pass for it on account of the Peace Process baby in Sinn Fein's arms, I don't.

That's handy, as usual.

How the hell is the term fishwife sexist?

Cal a self respecting woman one and you'll learn very quickly. But I suspect you will reserve it for like minded male company and for behind a keyboard.

• Advertisement

Have you a link to where the IMC changed their stance?

Read Bertie's statement and he doesn't say, in a carefully worded statement, that he received different information.

Not aware of anyone here of that opinion.

I am fed up of mealy-mouthed statements from Sinn Fein people around Paul Quinn.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/election-2020/independent-agency-says-ira-members-involved-in-paul-quinns-murder-38929663.html

(1) IRA members were involved in his killing and have been protected by Sinn Fein
    (2) Sinn Fein public representatives made untrue public accusations of criminality against Paul Quinn and have refused to apologise.

No amount of word manipulation, selective quotation and perverse distraction can take away from that.

P.S. When the IMC said that they were "aware of no evidence linking the leadership of PIRA to the incident", that was very carefully worded and did not say what the IMC believed to be the case.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement