Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Auguste Comte

Have you been to the UK? While no longer part of the Eurozone, their healthcare system is far worse than ours. The ones with better systems also have higher taxes.

Worse in what respect?

Ireland has 5.2 ICU beds per 100,000 population, Britain has 7.2 and the European average is 11.5.

A capacity review by the Department of Health published in 2018 recommended an 80% increase in critical care beds – from 240 to 430, by 2031 but Dr Dwyer said the beds are needed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The trolley crisis we have been hearing about for years has shown to be a myth.

The exact sentiment I feel about the " homeless"

Amid all the pom pom cheerleading for FG (not for the country mind you), people would do well to remember the above two comments are not at all untypical of the average FG activist.

People aren't in the hospitals because they're terrified of them at the moment. And your homelessness comment is beneath contempt. Two of the biggest crisises blighting Irish public life for years and you use a global pandemic to peddle propoganda and outright lies.

This is why FG shouldn't be forgiven and should be shown the door at the end of this.

Party over country, optics over truth, every time. Yuck.

Edit: By the way, I had a close elderly relative in A&E for over 24 hours before Xmas. He is the kind of man that paid his taxes all his life and lowlifes like you suggesting he was on a trolley for the craic and that he's some sort of waster.

Worse in what respect?

Try getting to see your GP in a hurry in the Uk! Usually a 2 week wait.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Amid all the pom pom cheerleading for FG (not for the country mind you), people would do well to remember the above two comments are at all untypical of the average FG activist.

People aren't in the hospitals because they're terrified of them at the moment. And your homelessness comment is beneath contempt. Two of the biggest crisises blighting Irish public life for years and you use a global pandemic to peddle propoganda and outright lies.

This is why FG shouldn't be forgiven and should be shown the door at the end of this.

Party over country, optics over truth, every time. Yuck.

Edit: By the way, I had a close elderly relative in A&E for over 24 hours before Xmas. He is the kind of man that paid his taxes all his life and lowlifes like you suggesting he was on a trolley for the craic and that he's some sort of waster.

What’s the trolley watch figures now! Are A & Es overrun with patients, other than coronavirus ones?

Over 300 properties used to home the genuine homeless, now that the short term rental market has collapsed.

I hope your relative has recovered. While he was on his trolley, did you take note of the other patients? The drunks, drug abusers, those who fell a week ago and only now decided to get their injury seen to?

I find the comments that our heelth service is the worst in the EU disrespectful.

We actually have a fabulous heath service were patients get the best treatment that would match anyone in the world.

11 people waiting yesterday.

Lowest ever.

Shows that muppets drunks and wasters have been clogging it up all this time.

The exact sentiment I feel about the " homeless" crisis.

Wasters spongers and dregs of society.

Comical Ali level propaganda there.

A high-profile Government TD has admitted she was embarrassed to witness the overflowing A&E in Crumlin Children’s Hospital when she attended at the weekend with her sick child.

In a startling admission, Fine Gael backbencher Kate O’Connell described the state of the emergency department as “unacceptable”.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

People like you, who can't empathise with those less fortunate than themselves are the real dregs of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Both my husband and I had to use A&E in the past few years, I won't go in to our experiences.

At the end of this, and it will end sometime there will have to be some report about why the A&E is not as busy as usual because either people need A&E or they don't, it could be anything from GP not referring people anymore but how are they managing at home then? or it could be the pubs closed and fewer people out. One thing for certain people are still getting sick with issues other that Covid 19.

What’s the trolley watch figures now! Are A & Es overrun with patients, other than coronavirus ones?

Over 300 properties used to home the genuine homeless, now that the short term rental market has collapsed.

I hope your relative has recovered. While he was on his trolley, did you take note of the other patients? The drunks, drug abusers, those who fell a week ago and only now decided to get their injury seen to?

Daily life has shut down. Activities leading to A&E visits have ground to a halt. I was in with him, one guy with a broken bone due drunken stupidity, the rest were what you'd expect: regular people in need of emergency care.

Don't get involved in stupid propoganda trying to make bad government performance look good in the face of a world changing event.

The homelessness figures are the homelessness figures, you don't get to decide who is and who isn't.

Stop the propoganda, it's disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Oh dear looks like the spin unit playbook is falling apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I find the comments that our heelth service is the worst in the EU disrespectful.

We actually have a fabulous heath service were patients get the best treatment that would match anyone in the world.

11 people waiting yesterday.

Lowest ever.

Shows that muppets drunks and wasters have been clogging it up all this time.

You might find it disrespectful but it’s factual.

Take it from somebody who had to go through the health ‘service’ to try and get ‘fixed‘...if it wasn’t from private help provided by a community based rehabilitation company I’d be on the scrap heap, looking at a rather bleak future if any..... the health service barring frontline staff isn’t fit for purpose. The availability of rehabilitation, rehabilitation treatments is chronically absent especially from any outpatient point of view.

I know of one doctor campaigning like hell to get more places and services and he is making headway but he’s doing so from inside the system and it’s still taking time...

• Advertisement

Wasn't it the minister for health who was ultimately responsible for the running of our hospitals? Everyone was screaming for it to be tightened up for him to tackle the issues but the likes of him and Leo are only good for soundbites/deflections/slurs. The buck stops with him and he's failed to produce the goods.he's been found out now massively due to this virus.

They are fixing it. Try to keep up

Link please?

They are fixing it. Try to keep up

No, no they are not. They are scrambling around like headless chickens trying to mitigate a little bit of the damage they have done over their time in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

to answer this thread .... "It's just you ..."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Amazing when you think about it - if SF policy had been followed to "burn" investors in the crash this country would right now require an international assistance program to provide any extra capacity since we would still be locked out of the market unable to borrow a cent.

It's only due to the corrective measures taken that the state has any capacity now to act unilaterally to handle this crisis.

Had this country gone in to this unable to fund itself the consequences would be considerably worse than what is happening now!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

What is the definition of insanity again?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

smurgen wrote: »
    Wasn't it the minister for health who was ultimately responsible for the running of our hospitals? Everyone was screaming for it to be tightened up for him to tackle the issues but the likes of him and Leo are only good for soundbites/deflections/slurs. The buck stops with him and he's failed to produce the goods.he's been found out now massively due to this virus.
    Actually it's hospital managers first, the main culprits, then HSE for planning & overall management, secondary culprits but improving and then the DoH at the top for funds and health policies. Where the DoH/MoH has failed is in not addressing the problems all of the vested interests cause within the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Amazing when you think about it - if SF policy had been followed to "burn" investors in the crash this country would right now require an international assistance program to provide any extra capacity since we would still be locked out of the market unable to borrow a cent.

It's only due to the corrective measures taken that the state has any capacity now to act unilaterally to handle this crisis.

Had this country gone in to this unable to fund itself the consequences would be considerably worse than what is happening now!
    Lad your wasting your time posting facts in this thread , they just get ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

She’s not looking after her family. She’s got cold like symptoms and she’s self isolating as a precaution. She’s handed over the reins to her deputy.

The poster I was replying to was referencing the first time she decided to stay home, right after her childrens' school was the first confirmed outbreak of COVID in the Dublin region. Anyone who wants to criticise her for that can f*ck off, so many pointing out that "parents of that school weren't told they needed to self isolate" and ignoring the small matter of being there for your kids when they're probably absolutely feckin' terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Iceland seem to be managing fairly well

https://fortune.com/2020/03/27/coronavirus-testing-us-iceland-cdc-trump-decode-covid-19-tests/

• Advertisement

Same with Greece . In fact they're borrowing at interest charges just as cheap as Ireland.

Those who have an issue with SF in this thread are not painting a great picture of themselves.

It is very possible to have an educated, erudite, logical, unemotional debate about SF.

Try getting to see your GP in a hurry in the Uk! Usually a 2 week wait.

And what about waiting time for a scoliosis surgery, hip replacement, orthodontic treatment?

And what about waiting time for a scoliosis surgery, hip replacement, orthodontic treatment?

And SF are going to fix that just like that? if you need to see a GP urgently in the UK you will get an appointment sooner they have all kinds of systems including drop-in GP's and a far wider use of auxiliary staff, no one would be seeing a GP to get contraceptives in the UK for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,782 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I haven't seen or heard anything from Mary Lou, Slab Murphy and other good Republicans in ages.

What's going on?

You can't go roaring 'up the ra' if there is no crowd to watch it. Covid 19 has not only killed thousands of people but it has killed SF's momentum. Caretaker government, going grand.

Unfortunately for SF the corona virus is not something you can shoot, bury, deflect from, or ignore. None of these aforementioned SF 'skills' are any use in this scenario. Fortunately, Leo Varadkar is a former GP and realises the serious health implications, and appropriate responses. I dread to think what would have happened if SF were in government when the corona hit Ireland.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭all about the mane

Link please?

Trolley numbers down to 11. Don’t be so negative.

Same with Greece . In fact they're borrowing at interest charges just as cheap as Ireland.

That is a lie. Why am I not surprised...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Its a disgrace Joe. There was 11 people waiting on trolleys

Would you use your cubscout powers of deduction for a moment to think why that may be?

• Advertisement

Yurt! wrote: »
    Would you use your cubscout powers of deduction for a moment to think why that may be?

You tell me. We are going through the worst health crisis in history SF’s own words) yet trolley numbers have never been lower

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement