Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,951 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

He was their spokesperson for health for yonks(idk why louise oreilly replaced him,come to think of it)

Seemed to perform v.well in public accounte committee last time,and cut through bull**** and waffle quicker than anyone??

He is a bully and a thug, but after his post-election performance, he should have been quietly shown the door. No such luck unfortunately, just like that councillor with the Kingsmill bread and the homophobic racist from Tallaght, they are kept on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

blanch152 wrote: »
    Can't believe Sinn Fein put forward that hooligan Cullinane for the role, they have no decency.

Who would you have preferred them to put forward blanch? Is there someone in Sinn Fein you'd have been content with having being nominated?

This'll be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Sinn Féins Agriculture spokesman Brian Stanley is very good in my opinion and would have coasted into the job,I think if he was on that committee, I dont know if he is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Sinn Féins Agriculture spokesman Brian Stanley is very good in my opinion and would have coasted into the job,I think if he was on that committee, I dont know if he is
    Stanley is a good T.D. He did great work highlighting the Covid 19 issue in the meat factories and he doesnt have the dirtbird approach that a lot of Shinner T.D.s have.
    Himself, Matt Carthy and a few more are as good as there are in other parties and should be given more opportunities. McDonald and O Broin are the experts on everything of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Thing is, it is the same people, just a different name.

Thing is it's really not. As dissidents they've more in common with FG/Lab.
    Not sure what it's got to do with SF policy or their presence in the public eye currently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But until now, we have been told many times on here that it is all Boris' fault that the handling of Covid has been such a shambles in the North.

Did people just wake up today?

Is that true?
    I recall saying that SF weren't completely responsible as we'd the DUP and others all overseen by Westminister and if you were looking to tag anything on SF you'd need look at policies they pushed for or supported. But I suppose you might think the DUP, Tories and SF are 'the same people'.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

markodaly wrote: »
    People are entitled to their own opinions (5G causes cancer OMG!), but they are not entitled to their own facts (5G is actually harmless).
    That post contradicts itself.
    Nobody knows whether or not 5G is harmless. As a matter of fact it is doubtful that it is 'harmless'.
    So that would be your own 'fact' suggesting that it is.
    There are legit professionals around the world asking for a moratorium on 5G. They only want it investigated and to rule out any health worries etc.
    If it was 'harmless', there would be no issue, and the conspiracy nonsense would probably stop gathering momentum.
    Brussels, considered by many as the capital of Europe, have not allowed 5G to rollout there yet, until further investigations prove it is safe.
    As has Switzerland.
    A moratorium would stop all the nonsense and cost very little in the grander scheme of things.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

McMurphy wrote: »
    Who would you have preferred them to put forward blanch? Is there someone in Sinn Fein you'd have been content with having being nominated?

This'll be good.

Simon Harris walked out of his Leaving cert exam into the health ministry let’s not throw stones About people who are totally un fit for the role

But until now, we have been told many times on here that it is all Boris' fault that the handling of Covid has been such a shambles in the North.

Did people just wake up today?

The UK now has over 50,000 dead. The highest mortality rate of any European country except not in Europe ha ha and yes it is Boris’s fault he went on holiday he’s only appeared in parliament twice this year and the DUP slavishly follow them but of course you try to make it about Sinn Fein

Would you ever give it a rest Your obsession is a joke at this stage

Suckit wrote: »
    That post contradicts itself.
    Nobody knows whether or not 5G is harmless. As a matter of fact it is doubtful that it is 'harmless'.
    So that would be your own 'fact' suggesting that it is.
    There are legit professionals around the world asking for a moratorium on 5G. They only want it investigated and to rule out any health worries etc.
    If it was 'harmless', there would be no issue, and the conspiracy nonsense would probably stop gathering momentum.
    Brussels, considered by many as the capital of Europe, have not allowed 5G to rollout there yet, until further investigations prove it is safe.
    As has Switzerland.
    A moratorium would stop all the nonsense and cost very little in the grander scheme of things.

Rather ironically Belfast is one of the few places with 5G but I’m sure that’s Sinn Fein’s fault as well

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    Thing is it's really not. As dissidents they've more in common with FG/Lab.
    Not sure what it's got to do with SF policy or their presence in the public eye currently.

Dissidents have more in common with FG/Labour?

Ha, ha, ha, that is so funny.

They are just the slowest of slow learners who haven't learned since 1970 that violence will never solve anything.

Pretty sure maria cahill was elected as senator for labour?

At same time,when labour was in government with FG?

An uncomfortable truth.

How Enda Kenny and Joan felt fit to grandstand in the Dail about the provos campaign while they endorsed a dissident republican getting para dropped into the Seanad was laughable tbh.

Mairia, like Paul Quinn's family have been duly discarded since their usefulness became worn out.

Pretty sure maria cahill was elected as senator for labour?

At same time,when labour was in government with FG?

A young girl, abused by Sinn Fein and the IRA turned to dissidents for a couple of months, and now is horrified by what they are doing.

That is all you have, and it is disgusting that you use her in such a way.

All of the leading dissidents are former IRA and former Sinn Fein members. Good republicans as Gerry Adams might call them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

An uncomfortable truth.

How Enda Kenny and Joan felt fit to grandstand in the Dail about the provos campaign while they endorsed a dissident republican getting para dropped into the Seanad was laughable tbh.

Mairia, like Paul Quinn's family have been duly discarded since their usefulness became worn out.

That reads more like a pouring of a slight on Maria Cahill than anything else
    I'm not surprised, its a typical Republican handling of her story
    Sad

This'll be good.

Quite a large number of Sinn Fein TDs are unfit for public office. Whether it is John Brady, taking a council house that could go to someone who needs it, Cullinane with his sickening post-election celebration, Dessie Ellis and his convictions, and a whole heap of others including the new breed of Violet-Anne Wynne and Reada Cronin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

An uncomfortable truth.

You're not really a nice person are you?

https://www.thejournal.ie/maria-cahill-ssdp-local-elections-safety-4578710-Apr2019/

Maria Cahill had to drop out of the elections because of fears for her life and her children life as she would be required to release her home address. This is because the IRA are still after her, yet we hear Sinn Fein telling us that the IRA no longer exist. Lovely party you support.

This'll be good.

The fact Sinn Fein have so few politician that are actually fit to hold any office in the Dail should be an embarrassment for the party and not something to think is an achievement. Would you not think?

Quite a large number of Sinn Fein TDs are unfit for public office. Whether it is John Brady, taking a council house that could go to someone who needs it, Cullinane with his sickening post-election celebration, Dessie Ellis and his convictions, and a whole heap of others including the new breed of Violet-Anne Wynne and Reada Cronin.
    I asked who you would have been happy with, this doesn't answer the question tbh.
    Redgirl82 wrote: »

https://www.thejournal.ie/maria-cahill-ssdp-local-elections-safety-4578710-Apr2019/

Maria Cahill had to drop out of the elections because of fears for her life and her children life as she would be required to release her home address. This is because the IRA are still after her, yet we hear Sinn Fein telling us that the IRA no longer exist. Lovely party you support.

Why am I "not a nice person" because I mentioned Enda and Joan having no reservations whatsoever with placing a dissident republican into the Seanad?

Is any of that untrue?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Eh. I am not a big fan of SF but John Brady didnt "take" a council house. He lived in it for many years. He moved out with his family a few years years ago so why is that still being trotted out.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

In other news, I see the bearded one had his convictions quashed today.

I'm sure supporters of the law and order party will be very vocal on this fine example of justice being seen to have been done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Redgirl82 wrote: »

Do you seriously believe that?
    Do you think if 'the IRA were after her' that they would have the slightest difficulty finding out where she lives?

It's not that long ago somebody was posting pictures of Mary Lou's house here, how do you think they found out where she lives. Adams home was widely known and it was actually attacked.

Try and look beyond the statement. Why would running in elections make her anymore of a target than making her claims would have, if the IRA were indeed targeting her?
    It doesn't stack up in common sense terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I'm sure supporters of the law and order party will be very vocal on this fine example of justice being seen to have been done.

Glad justice prevailed.

Now for all the PIRA murder victims and vanished bodies would be grest too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

SF support during the election was nothing but an angry protest vote.

Nobody actually wanted them then, nobody wants them now.

If anything it's a useful indicator of the true levels of respect people have for them, their values, their shallow, fickle policies and their cynical empty promises.

I asked who you would have been happy with, this doesn't answer the question tbh.

Why am I "not a nice person" because I mentioned Enda and Joan having no reservations whatsoever with placing a dissident republican into the Seanad?

Is any of that untrue?

What's not true is your comment about Maria getting discarded. She wasn't. It was only when she had to release her address she dropped out of local elections. This was because of IRA, which is still protected to this day by Sinn Fein.

Also your comments about Paul Quinn. Disgusting

But continue on with your lies. Maybe some fool will believe them, sure you did when you decided to support Sinn Fein.

Maybe you think it is ok to throw out disgusting comments, that's the problem on internet. But I certainly don't. If I met you face to face you wouldn't say a word. Little coward behind a keyboard. That's a true reflection of what Sinn Fein are about, a group of cowards sitting behind a group of murdering criminal.

Wonder does this pertain to all internees?

It was one of the pivotal events that made the place go up in flames. I hope all the families destroyed by this get the justice they now deserve and that the shame on British 'justice' that it was forces them to finally take part in a 'truth' recovery' process where all can get the closure they deserve.

The British are being dragged kicking and screaming to admit their crimes, we know they did now. Go one step further now, is what the Irish government should be saying to them.

Is any of that untrue?

How many times does it have to be demonstrated and explained to you that Mairia Cahill is not a dissident republican before you stop with the slurs? It is disgusting the way you drag her name through the mud every single time.

A young girl, traumatised and abused by Sinn Fein and the IRA, treated despicably by Gerry Adams, flirted with dissident republicanism for a couple of months, yet you seem to maintain that her dissident republican time is the essence of what she is. She is the continual target of hate from Sinn Fein representatives, supporters, and voters on social media, I would hope that those on here would refrain from dragging themselves down to that level, but that hope seems forlorn.

P.S. All of what you said about Mairia Cahill is untrue.

There are a small number of well-meaning TDs in Sinn Fein - Louise O'Reilly, Pearse Doherty, Eoin O'Broin - the problem is that they lack any real gravitas and seem naive in the ways of the world, putting up simple ideas that lack depth and thought.

How many times does it have to be demonstrated and explained to you that Mairia Cahill is not a dissident republican before you stop with the slurs? It is disgusting the way you drag her name through the mud every single time.

A young girl, traumatised and abused by Sinn Fein and the IRA, treated despicably by Gerry Adams, flirted with dissident republicanism for a couple of months, yet you seem to maintain that her dissident republican time is the essence of what she is. She is the continual target of hate from Sinn Fein representatives, supporters, and voters on social media, I would hope that those on here would refrain from dragging themselves down to that level, but that hope seems forlorn.

Mairia Cahill admitted herself she was a dissident republican, this is all in the public domain.

Bit of double standards from yourself as per though.

She was nominated and running for the Seanad BEFORE she distanced herself from RNU and said it was a mistake. I am glad she did, she was being hounded for weeks to address it.

• Advertisement

Do you seriously believe that?
    Do you think if 'the IRA were after her' that they would have the slightest difficulty finding out where she lives?

It's not that long ago somebody was posting pictures of Mary Lou's house here, how do you think they found out where she lives. Adams home was widely known and it was actually attacked.

Try and look beyond the statement. Why would running in elections make her anymore of a target than making her claims would have, if the IRA were indeed targeting her?
    It doesn't stack up in common sense terms.

So should I look past the statement on
    Maria Cahill getting raped by IRA/SF
    Paul Quinn getting murdered by IRA/SF
    Gerry Adams brother raping his daughter and getting protected by IRA/SF

Do you want me to continue with the list? what exactly am I looking for "beyond the statement", please enlighten me to what you expect to find?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement