Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭thomasdylan

blanch152 wrote: »
    There are a small number of well-meaning TDs in Sinn Fein - Louise O'Reilly, Pearse Doherty, Eoin O'Broin - the problem is that they lack any real gravitas and seem naive in the ways of the world, putting up simple ideas that lack depth and thought.

I like Pearse Doherty a lot. Is he very family oriented and settled in Donegal which causes travel issues?

Louise O'Reilly is really weak though, struggles whenever she has to off script. A very poor candidate for health.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    So should I look past the statement on
    Maria Cahill getting raped by IRA/SF
    Paul Quinn getting murdered by IRA/SF
    Gerry Adams brother raping his daughter and getting protected by IRA/SF

Do you want me to continue with the list? what exactly am I looking for "beyond the statement", please enlighten me to what you expect to find?

Ask yourself...is it even remotely credible that if the IRA wanted to attack Mairia Cahill in her home that they would need the electoral register to find out where she lived?

Seriously?

BTW, once again I have to point this out, it is 'alleged' that she was raped. There was a man prepared to go into court to defend himself.

The IMC said (and still waiting for blanch to back up his claim that they changed their findings) that the IRA as an organisation had nothing to do with Paul Quinn's murder. It had, they said, 'connections to local criminal activity'.

Adams and SF have admitted the mistakes made in the handling of Liam Adams. There is hardly an organisation on the island that hasn't had issues handling these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Ask yourself...is it even remotely credible that if the IRA wanted to attack Mairia Cahill in her home that they would need the electoral register to find out where she lived?

Seriously?

BTW, once again I have to point this out, it is 'alleged' that she was raped. There was a man prepared to go into court to defend himself.

The IMC said (and still waiting for blanch to back up his claim that they changed their findings) that the IRA as an organisation had nothing to do with Paul Quinn's murder. It had, they said, 'connections to local criminal activity'.

Adams and SF have admitted the mistakes made in the handling of Liam Adams. There is hardly an organisation on the island that hasn't had issues handling these things.

So you are saying the FF/FG/Labour have all covered up for families member as they abuse their own children?

That's news to me.

So you are saying the FF/FG/Labour have all covered up for families member as they abuse their own children?

That's news to me.

What?
    The Churches here have had issues.
    Scouting Ireland have.
    Swim Ireland have.
    Etc etc.

How FG and FF handled these are worth looking at if you want to investigate cover-ups and blind eyes being turned. Look up also FF and FG fighting Lousie O'Keefe all the way to the European Courts.
    Look at the current controversy surrounding the Ceann Comhairle.

I am not defending SF, what happened with Liam Adams was appalling and a huge mistake, but G. Adams addressed it and apologised for it.
    Loads of organisations have had difficulty addressing and handling abuse within their ranks is the point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

Mango Joe wrote: »
    SF support during the election was nothing but an angry protest vote.

Nobody actually wanted them then, nobody wants them now.

If anything it's a useful indicator of the true levels of respect people have for them, their values, their shallow, fickle policies and their cynical empty promises.

You may not have noticed FFFG have simply copied and pasted Sinn Fein’s policies but don’t let that get in the way of a good story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What's not true is your comment about Maria getting discarded. She wasn't. It was only when she had to release her address she dropped out of local elections. This was because of IRA, which is still protected to this day by Sinn Fein.

Also your comments about Paul Quinn. Disgusting

But continue on with your lies. Maybe some fool will believe them, sure you did when you decided to support Sinn Fein.

Maybe you think it is ok to throw out disgusting comments, that's the problem on internet. But I certainly don't. If I met you face to face you wouldn't say a word. Little coward behind a keyboard. That's a true reflection of what Sinn Fein are about, a group of cowards sitting behind a group of murdering criminal.

You honestly think I'd not repeat what I posted in a face to face chat with yourself?

Mairia Cahill is a self confessed dissident republican who Joan and Enda placed in the Seanad, that's a fact.

Paul Quinn's family were used by FF and FG in the last election campaign.

Why do you think I'd have any reservations whatsoever repeating it to your good self may I ask?

Do you dispute any of the above? If so I'm willing to have my opinion changed if you can provide some irrefutable evidence to counter it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,946 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »
    You honestly think I'd not repeat what I posted in a face to face chat with yourself?

No, I don't, nearly all Republican hardmen just talk among themselves about such issues, and post their hateful material on social media from the anonymity of their bedrooms. They don't being it up in decent company.

Mairia Cahill is a self confessed dissident republican who Joan and Enda placed in the Seanad, that's a fact.

It is not, as previously explained.

Paul Quinn's family were used by FF and FG in the last election campaign.

Paul Quinn's family weren't prompted to come forward, they came forward themselves. They could have stayed quiet, that they didn't showed what they think of Sinn Fein.

Why do you think I'd have any reservations whatsoever repeating it to your good self may I ask?

Do you dispute any of the above? If so I'm willing to have my opinion changed if you can provide some irrefutable evidence to counter it.

All talk from Republican hardmen when they can be anonymous.

No, I don't, nearly all Republican hardmen just talk among themselves about such issues,

What's the implied threat here from you and Redgirl?

Why wouldn't someone say it to your face? What are you going to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

McMurphy wrote:

great answer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

I mean trying to goad people into reveling their identity is a really weak method of debate (and i suspect againest rules?)

Surely you have basic standreds for your own posts

He has. It includes spelling ability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

What are you going to do?

call you a hardman and not answer any questions

What's the implied threat here from you and Redgirl?

Why wouldn't someone say it to your face? What are you going to do?

No threat at all.

All I am saying is that the hardmen behind such statements are too ashamed of what they are saying to say it publicly.

I know quite a few republicans and you would never hear them repeat in public the kind of disgusting stuff that is regularly said about Mairia Cahill around here, neither do they engage in the silly nonsensical defence of all things Sinn Fein. All of them were pure disgusted at that homophobic racist councillor from Tallaght and wanted him gone.

I mean trying to goad people into reveling their identity is a really weak method of debate (and i suspect againest rules?)

Surely you have basic standreds for your own posts

Not trying to goad anyone into revealing their identity. Incorrect conclusion from you.

No threat at all.

All I am saying is that the hardmen behind such statements are too ashamed of what they are saying to say it publicly.

I know quite a few republicans and you would never hear them repeat in public the kind of disgusting stuff that is regularly said about Mairia Cahill around here, neither do they engage in the silly nonsensical defence of all things Sinn Fein. All of them were pure disgusted at that homophobic racist councillor from Tallaght and wanted him gone.

I thought you said they are afraid to say stuff in 'public' but then you quote one that said something you think is 'homophobic and racist'...in PUBLIC.

Come on blanch, a wee bit of consistency would be good.

I thought you said they are afraid to say stuff in 'public' but then you quote one that said something you think is 'homophobic and racist'...in PUBLIC.

Come on blanch, a wee bit of consistency would be good.

Consistency?

They posted within minutes of each other that Mairia was both a dissident republican (but only for a wee while) and not a dissident republican.

Despite Cahill admitting she was indeed a dissident republican, and that being one was a mistake.

Mairia Cahill ‘regrets’ joining dissident Republicans

Blanch seems confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

So far after less than 5 posts from me the Sinn Fein supporters have pointed fingers at

FG
    FF
    Labour
    Paul Quinn Family
    Maria Cahill
    Churches
    Scouting Ireland
    Swim Ireland

Seriously, do you think you have an issue? who else are you going to cast aspersions in the name of Sinn Fein?

Finger pointing politics.

So far after less than 5 posts from me the Sinn Fein supporters have pointed fingers at

FG
    FF
    Labour
    Paul Quinn Family
    Maria Cahill
    Churches
    Scouting Ireland
    Swim Ireland

Seriously, do you think you have an issue? who else are you going to cast aspersions in the name of Sinn Fein?

You left out dissident republicans.

FG
    FF
    Labour
    Paul Quinn Family
    Maria Cahill
    Churches
    Scouting Ireland
    Swim Ireland

Eh...I called SF's handling of Liam Adams 'appalling and wrong'. It was you who looked for others who had similar issues.

Have you posted how you feel about the ones above?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

FG
    FF
    Labour
    Paul Quinn Family
    Maria Cahill
    Churches
    Scouting Ireland
    Swim Ireland

Frankly,Republicans priorities are to defend Sinn Féin
    Abhorrence of Rape,even admittance of a cover up of Rape or any sympathy for victims doesn't compute alongside that

https://www.newstalk.com/news/dublin-rape-crisis-centre-criticises-claims-that-maria-cahill-was-complicit-in-her-alleged-abuse-685103

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Frankly,Republicans priorities are to defend Sinn Féin

Sure Mort.
    I called SF's handling of Liam Adams 'appalling and wrong'.

• Advertisement

Sure Mort.

Oh? Are you a Republican?
    Jeeze we finally got it out of you....

Oh? Are you a Republican?
    Jeeze we finally got it out of you....

What?

I never said I was anything else.

What?

I never said I was anything else.

Ah yeah, this is the first time I've seen you implicitly say so
    The mar dhea arms length, pro Sinn Féin to the exclusion of all others posting will never be the same again
    You're literally type cast from now on :D

Ah yeah, this is the first time I've seen you implicitly say so
    The mar dhea arms length, pro Sinn Féin to the exclusion of all others posting will never be the same again
    You're literally type cast from now on :D

You haven't been paying attention. That's your problem.

I have said many times that I am a republican. Most people living in this republic are.
    What are you?

You haven't been paying attention. That's your problem.

I have said many times that I am a republican. Most people living in this republic are.
    What are you?

Ah deflection:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

This nonsense is nauseating so if you’re a Republican you support rape ? would you people ever get a grip

Does this make FF party of rapists they are the Republican party after all

Ah deflection:)

You deflected the thread to me. I am just asking you are you a republican? If not, what would you prefer? Monarchy, Oligarchy etc etc.
    Only fair if you make an issue of me.

Runaways wrote: »
    This nonsense is nauseating so if you’re a Republican you support rape ? would you people ever get a grip

Does this make FF party of rapists they are the Republican party after all

Somebody does or says something wrong in SF = All republicans are like that.
    Somebody does something wrong in FF or FG = Isolated incident or it's not wrong at all.

Rinse repeat.

I appreciate the best deflection is to move the thread along with pages of irrelevancy
    Your question is interesting from that perspective because it betrays your uncofortableness of being questioned about it if it threatens the pretence of being an ordinary voter as opposed to being an activist poster
    That's my view
    I'm not alone in that obviously

To answer,I'm a citizen of the Irish Republic,the Republic of Ireland
    I would like to see northern Ireland merge into the Republic and hope to in my lifetime
    I am not though like most of the country a Republican as constituted by Sinn Féin and the IRA focused on their history and actions, just as much as I'm not a member of the Republican party in the USA

• Advertisement

I appreciate the best deflection is to move the thread along with pages of irrelevancy
    Your question is interesting from that perspective because it betrays your uncofortableness of being questioned about it if it threatens the pretence of being an ordinary voter as opposed to being an activist poster
    That's my view
    I'm not alone in that obviously
    You...ONLY you deflected to me.
    To answer,I'm a citizen of the Irish Republic,the Republic of Ireland
    I would like to see northern Ireland merge into the Republic and hope to in my lifetime
    I am not though like most of the country a Republican as constituted by Sinn Féin and the IRA focused on their history and actions, just as much as I'm not a member of the Republican party in the USA

So no answer just vagueness in order to have a pop.

No need to deflect anymore. I get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement