Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Mortelaro wrote: »
    That reads more like a pouring of a slight on Maria Cahill than anything else
    I'm not surprised, its a typical Republican handling of her story
    Sad

The only part her story plays is in explaining how the IRA and dissidents are different and how FG/Lab support dissidents and dissidents are responsible for Lyra McKee's killing. Another lad thinks they are 'the same people'. Which would mean that FG/Lab put a 'RA head in the senate.
    Maybe you should be respectful to the woman having more to her story than being an abuse victim.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

The British Army behaved Worse than terrorists and with impunity let’s not forget and gave birth to the Ira
    https://twitter.com/gildernewcolm/status/1260518088480632832?s=21

Runaways wrote: »
    The British Army behaved Worse than terrorists and with impunity let’s not forget and gave birth to the Ira
    https://twitter.com/gildernewcolm/status/1260518088480632832?s=21

They'd rather discuss the IRA because it's easier than defending FG policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

blanch152 wrote: »
    Dissidents have more in common with FG/Labour?

Ha, ha, ha, that is so funny.

They are just the slowest of slow learners who haven't learned since 1970 that violence will never solve anything.

Other than giving us independence, forcing the sectarian northern statelet to reform....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Bowie wrote: »

If you want to talk about FG, maybe discuss it on the FG thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Evolved is an interesting choice of words. Not one I would usually associate with the IRA or any dissident group. But I suppose it is accurate. They did move from being murderers, rapists and terrorists to being murderers, rapists and drug dealers. I supposes you could call that evolution.

Still protected by the same politicians though.

Since the GFA, the Provos have kept their nose clean and as far as I understand, even the dissident republicans are not drug dealers. In fact, the opposite if you get my meaning! Its the loyalists who are the drug dealers. Dissident republicans are into diesel laundering and cigarette smuggling.

Redgirl82 wrote: »

You’re a mod now ?)

Odhinn wrote: »
    Other than giving us independence, forcing the sectarian northern statelet to reform....

Did they?

At the time of the Good Friday the IRA was in a cease fire for 4 years. So politicians like John Hume, Bertie Ahearn, Clinton etc delivered the Good Friday Agreement and peace.

At that stage the IRA where exactly what they are now, just a criminal gang. More concerned with washing diesel than giving anyone independence.

Runaways wrote: »
    You’re a mod now ?)

No, did I say I was? just find it strange that some posters seem to find it necessary to discuss other political parties. Would it not make sense to discuss those parties on the thread about them?

Sinn Fein get accused of always pointing the finger, is that a correct assumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,948 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

No, did I say I was? just find it strange that some posters seem to find it necessary to discuss other political parties. Would it not make sense to discuss those parties on the thread about them?

Sinn Fein get accused of always pointing the finger, is that a correct assumption?

Politics is the interaction of political ideologies. Of course other parties need to be and will be mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Politics is the interaction of political ideologies. Of course other parties need to be and will be mentioned.

Yeah but the lady was only saying FG was mentioned by the good sf poster there to deflect
    Is all
    He had no point on the topic she mentioned

Yeah but the lady was only saying FG was mentioned by the good sf poster there to deflect
    Is all

She was responding to a post where somebody was addressing somebody else's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Did they?

At the time of the Good Friday the IRA was in a cease fire for 4 years. So politicians like John Hume, Bertie Ahearn, Clinton etc delivered the Good Friday Agreement and peace.

At that stage the IRA where exactly what they are now, just a criminal gang. More concerned with washing diesel than giving anyone independence.

do you remember how adams and humes got vilified for starting the peace talks no - didnt think you did.

If you knew anything at all even remotely about the PIRA when they were active in the north then youd realise fuel smuggling is a border thing, not an IRA thing. No border - no smuggling - and that includes all those who have nothing to do with republicanism who are at diesel laundering etc, which are the majority

Waste of time though bothering even mentioning facts as a lot of naysayers dont really have a clue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

She was responding to a post where somebody was addressing somebody else's post.

That doesn't change the circumstances

That doesn't change the circumstances

'He' doesn't have to have a point on the topic she raised probably.

No they don't. You can discuss the advantages/disadvantages of policies without constantly pointing at every other party.

Sinn Fein shouldn't care what other parties are doing, they should be confident their own policies are what the people want.

But they are not, majority of posts have some reference to another party. Why would anyone need to do that? all of it seems to be coming from there Sinn Fein supporters, why do you feel the need to constantly discuss other parties?

No they don't. You can discuss the advantages/disadvantages of policies without constantly pointing at every other party.

Sinn Fein shouldn't care what other parties are doing, they should be confident their own policies are what the people want.

But they are not, majority of posts have some reference to another party. Why would anyone need to do that? all of it seems to be coming from there Sinn Fein supporters, why do you feel the need to constantly discuss other parties?

It doesn't happen on any political thread here. If is annoying you that much report it.

I'd rather discuss SF as they pertain to the thread title.
    Did they?

Have you been following your posts? Is John Hume in the current SF party?
    Have you heard of the GFA and do you know the thread is about Sinn Fein, down south in 2020? Other 2020 parties in the same jurisdiction do come up.
    If you want to talk the troubles and NI maybe go to a history forum where people might be more arsed?
    My point was people likely like yourself would rather discuss the IRA than current politics as when FG get criticised...we tend to drift that way don't we?

Is all

If you're going to jump in do a little back reading.
    When talking about politics other parties come up. When FG comes up the responses are generally 'IRA something something'. There's nothing to deflect. I couldn't care less about Gerry Adams, who I believe was in the IRA, who I don't pay any heed to since the GFA and the fact that it's 2020 and the thread is about SF and their alleged disappearance from the media etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Is all

If this is me you're referring to, Mairia Cahill and dissident republicans entered the conversation when marko mentioned Lyra McKee.

It ebbed from there.

There's several very good reasons to mention Maira Cahill when Ms McKee's popped up.

An inconvenient truth.

• Advertisement

I'd rather discuss SF as they pertain to the thread title.

Have you been following your posts? Is John Hume in the current SF party?
    Have you heard of the GFA and do you know the thread is about Sinn Fein, down south in 2020? Other 2020 parties in the same jurisdiction do come up.
    If you want to talk the troubles and NI maybe go to a history forum where people might be more arsed?
    My point was people likely like yourself would rather discuss the IRA than current politics as when FG get criticised...we tend to drift that way don't we?

My post was a response, maybe you have difficulty following a thread. If so then please try to keep up.

I originally responded to a "person" who again was taking about FG and Labour.

The post above you again are talking about FG, some obsession. Why not stop talking in every post about FG and talk about Sinn Fein for once?

What are so good about their current policies? what are they doing to deserve peoples vote?

If you and the other Sinn Fein posters want to discuss Sinn Fein, they maybe, just maybe try stopping deflecting and pointing at other parties.

You're being more than a tad hypocritical here - since you sauntered into the thread you cast aspersions on my character, went on about the provos the Ra and diesel laundering etc.

Now you want to whinge about people mentioning anything else except Sinn Fein and their policies, to date, and over many posts you've neglected to mention one of yourself.

I'm sure they'll warrant discussion mind you should you eventually feel like it.

My post was a response, maybe you have difficulty following a thread. If so then please try to keep up.

I originally responded to a "person" who again was taking about FG and Labour.

The post above you again are talking about FG, some obsession. Why not stop talking in every post about FG and talk about Sinn Fein for once?

What are so good about their current policies? what are they doing to deserve peoples vote?

If you and the other Sinn Fein posters want to discuss Sinn Fein, they maybe, just maybe try stopping deflecting and pointing at other parties.

Your directed this:

At me.

I'm only a SF poster when the topic is SF. I've been know to occasionally post on FG too. I'm diverse like that. Even drop in a little FF from time to time.

I'd like to see you discuss FG and housing without mentioning FF for any length of time, but jumping in with the Blueshirts and Eoin O'Duffy would be a little off no?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Your directed this:

At me. I'm only a SF poster when the topic is SF. I've been know to occasionally post of FG too. I'm diverse like that. Even drop in a little FF from time to time.

Occasionally post of FG!!!!

Ah Matt( using that to prove how ironic you are when you say occasionally) thanks for the laugh you gave me tonight.

You never fail!

Ever:)

Your directed this:

At me. I'm only a SF poster when the topic is SF. I've been know to occasionally post of FG too. I'm diverse like that. Even drop in a little FF from time to time.

I responded to this post by you

Why would anyone be defending FG policy on a Sinn Fein thread?

I suggest you look back over the last posts. Take note of the amount of times FG and other parties are mentioned by posters, mostly by those who seem to be Sinn Fein supporters.

If you really want to discuss Sinn Fein policies then why are you concentrating on other parties?

Occasionally post of FG!!!!

Ah Matt( using that to prove how ironic you are when you say occasionally) thanks for the laugh you gave me tonight.

You never fail!

Ever:)

"...don't bother, they're here!" ;)

I suggest you look back over the last posts. Take note of the amount of times FG and other parties are mentioned by posters, mostly by those who seem to be Sinn Fein supporters.

If you really want to discuss Sinn Fein policies then why are you concentrating on other parties?

Are you going to do this on all the politics threads? Try to stop people mentioning other parties? Because it happens on them all.

If it's an issue for you, report it.

Why are you not discussing their policies?

Can you direct me to one, just one post you submitted in this thread that mentions a Sinn Fein policy?

Discuss.

Because policies are raised and comparisons made. is this your first rodeo?
    How is SF's appearances in the media since the election, or lack of, related to John Hume? D'ya see?

• Advertisement

Following your logic we should only be talking about Sinn Fein in this thread not acts committed by the IRA 30 years ago

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement