Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

You are codding yourself if you think FG were doing anything but covering blushes.

You would say that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Bowie wrote: »
    You realise that instead of building social we are entering into 25 year leases with vulture funds, to house the very same people right? So the options are hotels, 25 year leases, private landlords or social housing.

We have a society and we must deal with everyone at some level. If you push for evictions, cool, then we need pay for a hotel.

What is a vulture fund?

You are codding yourself if you think FG were doing anything but covering blushes.

For someone that seemingly is a Sinn Fein supporter, you seem to have a huge insight into FG and FF. Where do you source this information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    What is a vulture fund?

I tell you what, you respond to my questions and I'll do same. Otherwise it just comes across like you are dodging.

I tell you what, you respond to my questions and I'll do same. Otherwise it just comes across like you are dodging.

What about you voting? well you said you voted without reading a manifesto

You not think its a bit disrespectful to the people that died to allow you to vote and you couldn't even spend an hour reading all the manifesto's from the parties?

You also seem to be on here a lot talking about how great Sinn Fein is but you haven't even read the main document they reference for voting? you not find that a bit odd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

For someone that seemingly is a Sinn Fein supporter, you seem to have a huge insight into FG and FF. Where do you source this information?

People who follow politics and political developments in knowledge of other political partys shocker.

What about you voting? well you said you voted without reading a manifesto

You not think its a bit disrespectful to the people that died to allow you to vote and you couldn't even spend an hour reading all the manifesto's from the parties?

You also seem to be on here a lot talking about how great Sinn Fein is but you haven't even read the main document they reference for voting? you not find that a bit odd?

No. I got the gist.

They died for my right to do as I please on election day, even not vote at all.

No I haven't. I couldn't even name more than a handful of their politicians TBH.
    No, I see their intentions on certain issues and like them.
    So where did we land on:
    Do you feel record breaking crises year on year is something we need to keep?
    Rent arrears is a problem but even if we'd zero rent arrears we'd still be following the same policies right?

You realise that instead of building social we are entering into 25 year leases with vulture funds, to house the very same people right? ...

McMurphy wrote: »
    People who follow politics and political developments in knowledge of other political partys shocker.

But Francie spent all day yesterday and couldn't answer a simple question on Sinn Fein yet today seems to know the internal working of FF and FG. I would expect the opposition as a SF supporter he should know more about Sinn Fein, would you not think?

No. I got the gist.

No I haven't. I couldn't even name more than a handful of their politician TBH.
    So where did we land on:

I have no idea what a vulture fund is, that was the question?

Have I given you enough time to google?

* Seems having to find out what a vulture fund is taking Bowie longer than expected :-)

No. I got the gist.

No I haven't. I couldn't even name more than a handful of their politicians TBH.
    So where did we land on:

I do find it strange you are around a lot of these political thread lecturing people on how exception Sinn Fein are. This is based on a quick look at your posting history.

Yet you haven't even read the manifesto of the party you voted for? so that would suggest you haven't read any of the other parties, not think that's a bit of an issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

But Francie spent all day yesterday and couldn't answer a simple question on Sinn Fein yet today seems to know the internal working of FF and FG. I would expect the opposition as a SF supporter he should know more about Sinn Fein, would you not think?

I seen what Francie posted yesterday, clear and concise answers complete with quoted articles and links to same that backed his responses.

I also seen the posts you gave in response to those, stuff about not being able to find it on Google.

Guess which posts I had more faith in?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

But Francie spent all day yesterday and couldn't answer a simple question on Sinn Fein
    Funny Mark and Blanch spent today debating/responding to the answer I gave you, yet you claimed you 'could find nothing about them on google. :)
    . yet today seems to know the internal working of FF and FG. I would expect the opposition as a SF supporter he should know more about Sinn Fein, would you not think?

Why would I not be allowed an opinion on how other parties are behaving? You are on here dissecting a party's manifesto and intentions. Is this another Only Redgirl Can Go Area?

Why would I not be allowed an opinion on how other parties are behaving? You are on here dissecting a party's manifesto and intentions. Is this another Only Redgirl Can Go Area?

You're entitled to opinion, Sfos will agree with it,because well they would..
    But the rest of us will probably only agree with your facts,if they're correct, but maybe not with how you interpret them

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You're entitled to opinion, Sfos will agree with it,because well they would..
    But the rest of us will probably only agree with your facts,if they're correct, but maybe not with how you interpret them

Wel the facts are that as soon as FG got a bounce in the polls their tails were up and they were sniffing for the advantage.
    My 'opinion' (and I don't care who agrees with it or not) is that they will walk the walk and talk the talk but really want another election they cannot be blamed for. They sent out the young fella yesterday to try and spook the Greens, you will see more of that.
    I'm too long watching politics not to be completely cynical about the most PR image conscious iteration of FG I have ever seen. If Varadkar stays in charge much longer they will end up standing for nothing like what has happened to FF since the crash in 2008.

I have no idea what a vulture fund is, that was the question?

Have I given you enough time to google?

* Seems having to find out what a vulture fund is taking Bowie longer than expected :-)

If you don't want to respond don't. People died so...something something...
    I do find it strange you are around a lot of these political thread lecturing people on how exception Sinn Fein are. This is based on a quick look at your posting history.

Yet you haven't even read the manifesto of the party you voted for? so that would suggest you haven't read any of the other parties, not think that's a bit of an issue?

I prefer SF's housing strategy, (and the SD's) to FF/FG's. You've added nothing by evading questions.
    I read FG's for the most part in 2011 and voted for them among others. They did a complete about turn IMO. So how did that help me? For your education, you are best looking to parties promises as general ideals. Building social and affordable rather than supplying business to private landlords, vulture funds and the like is a better direction.

Back to you, last time. All we know of you is you don't like SF but are unwilling to support any alternative to building social and affordable or discuss those policies we currently follow.
    I'll take it you've either no intention or possibly the ability to respond after this:

Do you realise that instead of building social we are entering into 25 year leases with vulture funds/private companies/private entities, (which ever you can understand), to house the very same people many of whom might be in rent arrears?

Wel the facts are that as soon as FG got a bounce in the polls their tails were up and they were sniffing for the advantage.
    My 'opinion' (and I don't care who agrees with it or not) is that they will walk the walk and talk the talk but really want another election they cannot be blamed for. They sent out the young fella yesterday to try and spook the Greens, you will see more of that.
    I'm too long watching politics not to be completely cynical about the most PR image conscious iteration of FG I have ever seen. If Varadkar stays in charge much longer they will end up standing for nothing like what has happened to FF since the crash in 2008.

Interesting theory
    Falls down though with Vradakar straying from it with his friend handing out food parcels the other day
    I'd say your theory is just another new sfos angle ye have thought of
    Good one though
    Brains

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Interesting theory
    Falls down though with Vradakar straying from it with his friend handing out food parcels the other day
    I'd say your theory is just another new sfos angle ye have thought of
    Good one though
    Brains

How does it fall down because Varadkar got caught be a hypocrite about PR?

. Do you understand what opinion means?

All I have seen is you lecturing people about how your right and their wrong? So if your right what’s your source?

If it’s an opinion why are you telling people they are wrong when you have no idea?

If you don't want to respond don't. People died so...something something...

I prefer SF's housing strategy, (and the SD's) to FF/FG's. You've added nothing by evading questions.
    I read FG's for the most part in 2011 and voted for them among others. They did a complete about turn IMO. So how did that help me? For your education, you are best looking to parties promises as general ideals. Building social and affordable rather than supplying business to private landlords, vulture funds and the like is a better direction.

Back to you, last time. All we know of you is you don't like SF but are unwilling to support any alternative to building social and affordable or discuss those policies we currently follow.
    I'll take it you've either no intention or possibly the ability to respond after this:

Do you realise that instead of building social we are entering into 25 year leases with vulture funds/private companies/private entities, (which ever you can understand), to house the very same people many of whom might be in rent arrears?

So you couldn’t find out what a vulture fund was?

. Do you understand what opinion means?

All I have seen is you lecturing people about how your right and their wrong? So if your right what’s your source?

If it’s an opinion why are you telling people they are wrong when you have no idea?

Because in 'my opinion' they are wrong?

Don't worry, stick with it, you'll get the hang of it. ;)

• Advertisement

What does Sinn Fein stand for?

Because in 'my opinion' they are wrong?

Don't worry, stick with it, you'll get the hang of it. ;)

But your not giving an opinion, you are lecturing

Do you understand the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

markodaly wrote: »
    They are both taxation.

Yes. Taxation on income rather than on property. A 3 bed semi in Dublin is worth about double what a mansion in a country town would cost. The person is being penalised for where they live.

Taxation on income is better in my opinion, would would agree with SF on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Not sure which is the right thread for this, but the abuse politicians from all sides get from twitter morons really is ridiculous.

Whether I agree with their policies, they are all people with families and feelings the vast majority of which do their best

My opinion is this
    But your not giving an opinion, you are lecturing

Do you understand the difference?
    is a 'lecture'...you have been doing it since you arrived. If you have an counter opinion yourself, give it, I will consider it and answer it, if I have anything to say on it. The only person who can stop me giving my opinion here is a mod. You are not a mod.

McMurphy wrote: »
    I seen what Francie posted yesterday, clear and concise answers complete with quoted articles and links to same that backed his responses.

I also seen the posts you gave in response to those, stuff about not being able to find it on Google.

Guess which posts I had more faith in?

I would be shocked if you said mine. But your do realise all I did yesterday was ask a question? Seems you have some difficulty with that concept.

That’s you, Francie, Blaaz and Bowie who seem to have issues with people asking questions, I am starting to notice a common theme here.

My opinion is this
    is a 'lecture'...you have been doing it since you arrived. If you have an counter opinion yourself, give it, I will consider it and answer it, if I have anything to say on it. The only person who can stop me giving my opinion here is a mod. You are not a mod.

Imagine asking to talk about Sinn Fein on a Sinn Fein . Why do you have such an issue with that?

That’s you, Francie, Blaaz and Bowie who seem to have issues with people asking questions, I am starting to notice a common theme here.

What (valid) qs do yous want to ask??

Seems to.me,your just trying to flame-war the thread to try get shut it down??

(Name-checking individual posters is usually a common tactic in flame wars :) )

Imagine asking to talk about Sinn Fein on a Sinn Fein . Why do you have such an issue with that?

I don't. What I do have an issue with is you scolding because people occaisionally talk about other parties.
    It is allowed. If you have an issue, report it. Or stop doing it, you have a scroll wheel I presume, like everyone else. There are multiple posts I don't feel the need to respond to.

• Advertisement

So you couldn’t find out what a vulture fund was?

Understood.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement