Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mod: @Redgirl82 - rein it in. Next time will earn you a threadban.
    Redgirl82 wrote: »
    But Francie spent all day yesterday and couldn't answer a simple question on Sinn Fein yet today seems to know the internal working of FF and FG.
    I do find it strange you are around a lot of these political thread lecturing people on how exception Sinn Fein are. This is based on a quick look at your posting history.

Yet you haven't even read the manifesto of the party you voted for? so that would suggest you haven't read any of the other parties, not think that's a bit of an issue?
    . Do you understand what opinion means?

All I have seen is you lecturing people about how your right and their wrong? So if your right what’s your source?

If it’s an opinion why are you telling people they are wrong when you have no idea?
    So you couldn’t find out what a vulture fund was?
    But your not giving an opinion, you are lecturing

Do you understand the difference?
    I would be shocked if you said mine. But your do realise all I did yesterday was ask a question? Seems you have some difficulty with that concept.

That’s you, Francie, Blaaz and Bowie who seem to have issues with people asking questions, I am starting to notice a common theme here.
    Threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I would be shocked if you said mine. But your do realise all I did yesterday was ask a question? Seems you have some difficulty with that concept.

That’s you, Francie, Blaaz and Bowie who seem to have issues with people asking questions, I am starting to notice a common theme here.

Hang on a moment here, I'm not sure you have a grasp on how these boards work.

Usually, someone makes a point or post their opinion on something, people might call them out if they suspect they're being careless with the truth, and if or when that happens the onus is usually on the person making the claim to back it up with some kind of reliable source.

I repeat, this happened yesterday, and Francie toddled off and came back with his relevant sources, complete with extract's from these sources which he copied and pasted in quotation formation.

You came back basically dismissing what he posted because "you couldn't find it on Google" - earlier today you claimed to not know what a vulture fund was FFS, that's simply not credible to me and I'm sure many others.

You can post links on sinn feins housing policies, discuss new builds etc and housing tenants arrears etc etc and not know what a vulture fund is?

I definitely have "a difficulty grasping that concept" and you can quote me on that one.

**Edit I didn't see beastys post above until I submitted this one**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

How does it fall down because Varadkar got caught be a hypocrite about PR?

Simple
    If the pr is so organised as you say,then he wouldn't have been caught out like that

Btw,Leo wasn't being a hypocrite, he just didn't know his pal was out distributing food parcels and his pal wasn't told in advance that Leo was going to make the points he did

They'd need a sort of an sfos for that level of awareness

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Simple
    If the pr is so organised as you say,then he wouldn't have been caught out like that

Btw,Leo wasn't being a hypocrite, he just didn't know his pal was out distributing food parcels and his pal wasn't told in advance that Leo was going to make the points he did

Tbh the only way for him not to be a hypocrite,would be publically critise eogan murphy (hint: he wont)

But him saying he'd be ashamed to be seen delivering food parcels,kinda deosnt help,the image of him hating poor people either :pac:

But somewhat of a pointless storm in a teacup really....just came across rattled as fcuk to me (part of me,loves to see em all at each others throats :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Simple

Brilliant. That was exemplary limbo dancong there.
    He said because it is all a false persona. It is difficult to keep up with the fallacies he indulges. He was posting pics at Darkness into Light himself a day or so after. Not a hint of irony.

• Advertisement

Tbh the only way for him not to be a hypocrite,would be publically critise eogan murphy (hint: he wont)
    I disagree, he is either stupid or was not aware
    He's not stupid
    But him saying he'd be ashamed to be seen delivering food parcels,kinda deosnt help,the image of him hating poor people either :pac:
    His point was a solid one,that we do way more for our needy than is done in the North,its just unfortunate for him that his pal unbeknownst was out dropping stuff off to cocooners and others the previous Evening posing for a photo
    Has SF lobbied for control of welfare spending? Scotland has it

Brilliant. That was exemplary limbo dancong there.
    He said because it is all a false persona. It is difficult to keep up with the fallacies he indulges. He was posting pics at Darkness into Light himself a day or so after. Not a hint of irony.

What in the name of God has supporting a suicide prevention charity got to do with welfare rates comparison or any comparison between NI and RoI ?
    This is going to be another good one

I disagree, he is either stupid or was not aware
    He's not stupid

Seems to me,he could quash accusations of hyprocrisy in blink of an eye and hasnt (as he is entitled to do)

His point was a solid one,that we do way more for our needy than is done in the North,its just unfortunate for him that his pal unbeknownst was out dropping stuff off to cocooners and others the previous Evening posing for a photo
    Has SF lobbied for control of welfare spending? Scotland has it

His main stand-out point was they shouldnt use this for cheap PR....while his own cabinet members done exact same hardly 12 hour previously :pac:

It was such a well prepared rant and murphy completly undermined him,ya love to see it really

It was such a well prepared rant and murphy completly undermined him,ya love to see it really

I don't tbh,because his point was valid
    But there is absolutely no contradiction anyway in handing out food and supplies to cocooners

What in the name of God has supporting a suicide prevention charity got to do with welfare rates comparison or any comparison between NI and RoI ?
    This is going to be another good one

Leo says: 'It's wrong to use poorly funded welfare services in the north for publicity', but it's ok for Leo to use poorly funded services here for publicity...that's rank hypocrisy to me.
    What does it say to you?

• Advertisement

I don't tbh,because his point was valid
    But there is absolutely no contradiction anyway in handing out food and supplies to cocooners

To.me.there is,when he rants about people using it for PR anyway

But sure lookit,its all in past now (and a somewhat amusing sidenote to cv-19 here)

Though i see that stormont civil servents are complaining on being left out of loop by varadkar and in dark.about restriction changes,despite giving dublin advance notice of theres.

Though i see that stormont civil servents are complaining on being left out of loop by varadkar and in dark.about restriction changes,despite giving dublin advance notice of theres.

Well they may talk to Foster and O'Neill, because he did give them an advance phone call ,he said today

Well they may talk to Foster and O'Neill, because he did give them an advance phone call ,he said today

How is he not told em/sent advance notice before announcing restrictions in america,or before unveiling roadmap on the late late show??

He is only one critised for this,by civil servents,harris is singled out for praise in his conduct with the virus by stormont offials??

It's understood that the Stormont Executive will brief Dublin over the weekend about their plans for further loosening of restrictions, however officials within Stormont "are quite aware we won't get the same".
    ....kind of seems to be policy enacted by someone imo

Leo says: 'It's wrong to use poorly funded welfare services in the north for publicity', but it's ok for Leo to use poorly funded services here for publicity...that's rank hypocrisy to me.
    What does it say to you?

So you say,but you would wouldn't you and I'd say what I said about it wouldn't I

So you say,but you would wouldn't you and I'd say what I said about it wouldn't I

That's great M...well done.

How is he not told em/sent advance notice before announcing restrictions in america,or before unveiling roadmap on the late late show??
    Because it's a learning experience
    A lot going on
    It's not life or death that they should have advance notice on those
    Besides the north could not act on anything until the UK gave funding
    But I'd say the another reason might have been leak plugging,I don't know

That's great M...well done.

Cheers you're a good teacher
    Do I get a chocolate biscuit?

Because it's a learning experience
    A lot going on
    It's not life or death that they should have advance notice on those
    Besides the north could not act on anything until the UK gave funding
    But I'd say the another reason might have been leak plugging,I don't know
    A breakdown in communication is okay once, but the second time it's not an accident. From an administrative standpoint, it's a pain in the arse.” Senior Stormont minister says there is cross border cooperation at every level apart from the Taoiseach.

Seems to me,he (like several un named boards posters),is leaving a irrational dislike of SF/MLMD blind his better judgement and commonsense

Like theres noone can rattle him like.mary-lou by just simply being there

Cheers you're a good teacher
    Do I get a chocolate biscuit?

I suppose you want a photo of the presentation for your social meeja? ;)

I suppose you want a photo of the presentation for your social meeja? ;)

I've only one request and that the biscuit thanks,2 if you can

Anyway Enjoy your weekend folks

• Advertisement

I've only one request and that the biscuit thanks,2 if you can

Anyway Enjoy your weekend folks

Mortelaro....im pished....but your great craic and the soundest of the FG.fanclub

• Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Page 13 The Sunday Times, an article by Brenda Power really nails what SF is all about. At least for me anyway. They really need to get rid of this hostile and uncouth way of doing politics!

walshb wrote: »
    Page 13 The Sunday Times, an article by Brenda Power really nails what SF is all about. At least for me anyway. They really need to get rid of this hostile and uncouth way of doing politics!

I haven't read the article, so no idea what it contains, but to summarise - you found an article written by a raging homophobic conservative, which you seem to agree with?

Is there more to this exciting tale or is that it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭theballz

Beasty wrote: »
    Threadbanned

Thanks mate. About time! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,715 ✭✭✭✭walshb

McMurphy wrote: »
    I haven't read the article, so no idea what it contains, but to summarise - you found an article written by a raging homophobic conservative, which you seem to agree with?

Is there more to this exciting tale or is that it?

No. Read the article. It’s fact based...

And it’s not an exciting tale, either!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Fact based by arse! Its a commentary on the language skills of ''shinnerbots'' , who she claimed were the people responsible for slagging off Sean Cavanagh over referring to being ''up here in the UK'' and slagging off Eoin O Broin for cooking a fancy dinner that should be above his station!

jm08 wrote: »
    Fact based by arse! Its a commentary on the language skills of ''shinnerbots'' , who she claimed were the people responsible for slagging off Sean Cavanagh over referring to being ''up here in the UK'' and slagging off Eoin O Broin for cooking a fancy dinner that should be above his station!

I reckon I'll pass walshy if it's all the same with you. **Rolleyes emoji**

jm08 wrote: »

There's a reason stuff ends up on pg 13. :)

Are you sure there isnt some confirmation bias going on there......something for all posters in regards to politics to ponder aa regards opioion pieces

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Would it be an exaggeration to call them a Cult?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement