Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

Would it be an exaggeration to call them a Cult?

Yes

People are allowed hold politically different views to you....shinnerz built theirs at a snails pace and were mocked for not capitalising more in austrity in polling.figures

Like how gemma odoherty and national party are building at a snails pace now,but in 10 years to 20 years could easily be a force to be recognised in irish politics.....

May you live in interesting times

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

McMurphy wrote: »
    I haven't read the article, so no idea what it contains, but to summarise - you found an article written by a raging homophobic conservative, which you seem to agree with?

adhominem.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Bowie wrote: »
    You realise that instead of building social we are entering into 25 year leases with vulture funds, to house the very same people right? So the options are hotels, 25 year leases, private landlords or social housing.

We have a society and we must deal with everyone at some level. If you push for evictions, cool, then we need pay for a hotel.

This is some really confused thinking where you are mixing up short, medium and long-term solutions and comparing them to each other.

Hotels and B&Bs are immediate short-term solutions which will always be needed to help people become newly homeless or homeless for a short period.

I haven't read the article, so no idea what it contains, but to summarise - you found an article written by a raging homophobic conservative, which you seem to agree with?

Is there more to this exciting tale or is that it?

You used an 11-year old article to suggest that somebody is currently a raging homophobic conservative?

Is there nothing from say the last year to show that her views have or haven't changed?

She wrote that shortly after Paul Quinn's murder, so I assume you agree that makes his murder topical to today's politics?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Runaways

blanch152 wrote: »
    You used an 11-year old article to suggest that somebody is currently a raging homophobic conservative?

Is there nothing from say the last year to show that her views have or haven't changed?

She wrote that shortly after Paul Quinn's murder, so I assume you agree that makes his murder topical to today's politics?

You’re forever bringing up events from decades ago to hold against sf today

But Breda gets a pass as this was written 11 years ago

You’re gas

Ps shes written several openly homophobic articles over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

markodaly wrote: »
    adhominem.jpg

dictionary for you young man. the poster didnt attack you in the slightest. the poster summarised that 'you found an article written by a raging homophobic conservative, which you seem to agree with'

Hows that attacking you personally? you DID link to the article

Runaways wrote: »
    You’re forever bringing up events from decades ago to hold against sf today

But Breda gets a pass as this was written 11 years ago

You’re gas

Ps shes written several openly homophobic articles over the years

I didn't give Breda Power a pass (and I wouldn't give her a pass), I just noted the fact that events of over a decade ago are now ok to be referred to.

maccored wrote: »
    dictionary for you young man. the poster didnt attack you in the slightest. the poster summarised that 'you found an article written by a raging homophobic conservative, which you seem to agree with'

Hows that attacking you personally? you DID link to the article

I never said, he attacked me, he attacked the character of the author who wrote the article, rather than the content of the article itself.

A classic case of an Ad Hominem

I never said, he attacked me, he attacked the character of the author who wrote the article, rather than the content of the article itself.

It is normal practice among republicans - label the opposition in order to dehumanise them (e.g. partitionists, West Brits etc.) and use that to ignore their valid views.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

It is normal practice among republicans - label the opposition in order to dehumanise them (e.g. partitionists, West Brits etc.) and use that to ignore their valid views.

Poster labels people as 'republicans' generalises about them and then complains about others using labels.

Hmmmm. :D

• Advertisement

Well, there has been more mentioned of FG in this thread than SF, which tells you all you need to know.

Any pointed criticism of SF policy or lack of it is met with, 'Ah but Leo/Dinny/FG/Homelessness/<insert-random-tweet>' which passes of as debate.

And anyone disagrees with you is a shinner or republican tho I fail to see how that’s a bad thing and I wonder if you know what the word means

Hint. We live in a Republic

Poster labels people as 'republicans' generalises about them and then complains about others using labels.

Hmmmm. :D

Are you not a Republican? I thought that was a nessesary badge of honour for SF and their supporters.

The stuff about FG, the 'West-Brit', 'Tory' etc...etc.. is just nonsense more suited to Facebook. It's used as a pejorative.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I didn't label her as anything (though I do think she has very conservative views on social issues), but I thought that was made up nonsense. She claims that everyone who attacked Sean Cavanagh for saying ''up here in the UK'' were sinnerbots when its just as likely they could have been any number of bots whose allegiance is to the dissident republican groups and who absolutely hate SF.

She then continues to slag off Eoin O Broin for cooking a fancy meal and putting it on Twitter/Instagram. I believe she had a bit of a spat with him on twitter/instagram over this and seems to now have brought it to her column in the ST.

All rather pathetic.

Runaways wrote: »
    And anyone disagrees with you is a shinner or republican tho I fail to see how that’s a bad thing and I wonder if you know what the word means

Hint. We live in a Republic

I do understand the difference between republicans and "republicans".

There are lots of people who disagree with me on lots of different issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Are you not a Republican? I thought that was a nessesary badge of honour for SF and their supporters.

The stuff about FG, the 'West-Brit', 'Tory' etc...etc.. is just nonsense more suited to Facebook. It's used as a pejorative.

Are you not a republican (bearing in mind you actually live in a republic)?

If you live in a Republic and use Republican as a pejorative
    Does that mean you’re a monarchist??

Asking for a friend who is me

jm08 wrote: »
    Are you not a republican (bearing in mind you actually live in a republic)?

Interesting question. I guess I am, as I believe in the rule of law first and foremost, which is the original meaning of the term, not the bastardised 'Up da Ra/Wolfe Tones' version we use in our current vernacular.

Interesting question. I guess I am, as I believe in the rule of law first and foremost, which is the original meaning of the term, not the bastardised 'Up da Ra/Wolfe Tones' version we use in our current vernacular.

I’ve only ever seen it used that way by a ccohort here that have problems with sf or anyone they suspect support them

Funny that

Are you and blanch not partitionists?

• Advertisement

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As you well know, the answer is in the negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

what, by proxy? You (the opponent) aren't the author of the article. get a dictionary

Well, there has been more mentioned of FG in this thread than SF, which tells you all you need to know.

Any pointed criticism of SF policy or lack of it is met with, 'Ah but Leo/Dinny/FG/Homelessness/<insert-random-tweet>' which passes of as debate.

What pointed critism of policy has occured??

Going on about someone killed in a shed,yonks ago,which is essentially what this thread has decended into,has nothing to do with policy??

Like if FFG dont like homeless and housing/health issues,coming againest them,maybe they should have sorted them.by now???

Seems fairly obvious to me,that their mantra of market sort itself,simply deosnt work

Seems fairly obvious to me,that their mantra of market sort itself,simply deosnt work

I often hear that narrative attributed against FF or FG but can you get me a quote from any high ranking FG TD or minister which says in effect, that the 'market will sort itself out'?

Rent pressure zones, planning laws reform are not indicative of being hands-off, nor is the target of adding 12,000 houses to the social housing stock per annum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Mortelaro wrote: »

They should receive the same punishment as Harris and Leo got for breaking the rules in the hospital or at that infamous photoshoot. ;)

Seriously, Louise should put her hand up here and accept that she let the guard slip. Turn it into something valuable - a reminder to the population that it isn't over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mortelaro wrote: »

Was it this shot or a different (definitely not for PR purposes) one you had all kinds of excuses for, including camera angles and tricks of the light?

P27.this-week.jpg

They should receive the same punishment as Harris and Leo got for breaking the rules in the hospital or at that infamous photoshoot. ;)

Seriously, Louise should put her hand up here and accept that she let the guard slip. Turn it into something valuable - a reminder to the population that it isn't over yet.

But Harris and Leo didnt break the rules
    That was zoom lens illusion in that hospital like the sign language people at every daily conference beside professor Holahan where they look right beside Holahan but they are not

With Louise above,we can see the bench they are sitting on
    No Question on the breach
    No expensive journalist camera used,just a phone camera by the looks of it

• Advertisement

Was it this shot or a different (definitely not for PR purposes) one you had all kinds of excuses for, including camera angles and tricks of the light?

P27.this-week.jpg

That's a zoom lens Mc
    Same as at the Holahan conferences

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement