Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Mortelaro wrote: »
    But Harris and Leo didnt break the rules
    That was zoom lens illusion in that hospital like the sign language people at every daily conference beside professor Holahan where they look right beside Holahan but they are not

With Louise above,we can see the bench they are sitting on
    No Question on the breach
    No expensive journalist camera used,just a phone camera by the looks of it

Did they break the rules at the 'photoshoot'?

Can't believe you are sticking by your forensics on the hospital incident. 'Expensive journalist camera's'??? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Did they break the rules at the 'photoshoot'?

Can't believe you are sticking by your forensics on the hospital incident. 'Expensive journalist camera's'??? :)

Have you looked at the daily Holahan conferences?
    How close do the sign language people look
    Yup right beside Holahan and others
    But they are not
    That's a zoom lens for you
    Yes they are expensive

Have you looked at the daily Holahan conferences?
    How close do the sign language people look
    Yup right beside Holahan and others
    But they are not
    That's a zoom lens for you
    Yes they are expensive

Dear jesus! ^ :):)

As I said, Louise should turn this gaff and mistake into an opportunity to inform.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

That's a zoom lens Mc
    Same as at the Holahan conferences

A zoom lens in a confined space such as a lab.

If you say so.

Dear jesus! ^ :):)

As I said, Louise should turn this gaff and mistake into an opportunity to inform.

I agree ,but tbh,we are all human
    When Leo was visiting the UCD virus Lab,I remember on the news coverage of him arriving, someone out of force of habit reaching out to shake his hand
    He jerked away from him
    I'm sure Louise 99 times out of a 100 practices social distancing
    Lapsiing so obviously where obviously an opponent could take that shot was slipshod
    What's not clear is what they were talking about
    The other woman beside her could have had a tragedy in her life who knows
    Nothing is simple

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    A zoom lens in a confined space such as a lab.

If you say so.

Yes,I know you don't want to know this
    When the camera shops reopen
    Go try one zooming in from beyond 6 feet

I agree ,but tbh,we are all human
    When Leo was visiting the UCD virus Lab,I remember on the news coverage of him arriving, someone out of force of habit reaching out to shake his hand
    He jerked away from him
    I'm sure Louise 99 times out of a 100 practices social distancing
    Lapsiing so obviously where obviously an opponent could take that shot was slipshod
    What's not clear is what they were talking about
    The other woman beside her could have had a tragedy in her life who knows
    Nothing is simple

Does this mean we are not going get anymore CSIMorte?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Tbf that's a zoom lens photo too.
    But it's nice to see the conversation from the other day on the FG thread being borne out.
    The usual faithful, but Leo and Harris and what about...............
    Laughable lads :D

But it's nice to see the conversation from the other day on the FG thread being borne out.

But the lengthy forsenics excuses Bish...remember them? :D:D

I said it was a mistake and a gaff by Louise and friend, from the get go.

Laughable alright!

To be completely fair, I never made an issue on Harris or Leos photo either (for or against) and you can go back and check if you want.

However, replace Leo and Harris with any other members of the Dail/Dallas Cowboys/Disney etc etc etc positioned for a photo opportunity which appears to be disregarding social distancing guidelines - and those defending it - and later posting something similar (whether it be Sinn Fein/FF or anyone else) is completely double standards.

Scorn one/Scorn all.

• Advertisement

But the lengthy forsenics excuses Bish...remember them? :D:D

I said it was a mistake and a gaff by Louise and friend, from the get go.

Laughable alright!

The explanation on zoom lens's isNot laughable,just fact
    Watch the department of health press conference this evening
    I've accepted your opinion on Louise and offered mine

I guess my general point is to try to never throw stones in glass houses and that codology about the hospital photo and now the lab photo is/was certainly that
    I know the temptation is great
    We are all human

Scorn one/Scorn all.

You may scorn Professor Holahan using your standards so
    Because the zoom lens makes him look like he and others could hold hands with their sign language people
    Yet they are definitely 2 metres apart in a room smaller than many labs

The explanation on zoom lens's isNot laughable,just fact
    Watch the department of health press conference this evening
    I've accepted your opinion on Louise and offered mine

I guess my general point is to try to never throw stones in glass houses and that codology about the hospital photo and now the lab photo is/was certainly that
    I know the temptation is great
    We are all human

Morte, part of my degree is in photography...will you stop making a complete fool of yourself and stop making excuses while you are at it.

To be completely fair, I never made an issue on Harris or Leos photo either (for or against) and you can go back and check if you want.

However, replace Leo and Harris with any other members of the Dail/Dallas Cowboys/Disney etc etc etc positioned for a photo opportunity which appears to be disregarding social distancing guidelines - and those defending it - and later posting something similar (whether it be Sinn Fein/FF or anyone else) is completely double standards.

Scorn one/Scorn all.

That's my motto Mc.
    But lads to be realistic and we must be, this total distance thing in entirity every second of the day and with every interaction is impossible for any human being.
    Not really a political point unless it is being done deliberately and with a forethought of being a protest against the rules.
    The rules are an endeavour to get us to be aware of the need for as little interaction closely as possible.
    But I've been close to people without thinking briefly a few times, has anyone not that's going about and meeting people, in shops or passing the time of day even, if we meet friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

You may scorn Professor Holahan using your standards so
    Because the zoom lens makes him look like he and others could hold hands with their sign language people
    Yet they are definitely 2 metres apart in a room smaller than many labs

zoom lens let the photographer be at a distance. it doesnt take people spread out and move them closer to each other. even a wide angle lens doesnt do that

maccored wrote: »
    zoom lens let the photographer be at a distance. it doesnt take people spread out and move them closer to each other. even a wide angle lens doesnt do that

Incorrect
    Zoom lens' distort distances behind the focused objects big time
    Go watch the Professor Holahan conference this evening
    For a simple experiment,try out your binoculars focusing on a house with a hill a few miles behind it
    Or go to a camera shop when they re open and try a zoom lens

Nothing of noteriety in either pic for me.
    If you were to take anything from either pic it would be the value of face masks probably.
    But hard to drink coffee with one of them on. :)

That's my motto Mc.
    But lads to be realistic and we must be, this total distance thing in entirity every second of the day and with every interaction is impossible for any human being.
    Not really a political point unless it is being done deliberately and with a forethought of being a protest against the rules.
    The rules are an endeavour to get us to be aware of the need for as little interaction closely as possible.
    But I've been close to people without thinking briefly a few times, has anyone not that's going about and meeting people, in shops or passing the time of day even, if we meet friends?

Agree 100%
    However, that was not the spirit of the discussion a few weeks back and not the spirit a few posts back poking fun at my csi like observations and what a zoom lens definitely does
    I do appreciate that these threads are a punch and Judy affair
    It's why to be honest, I'm losing interest in them,posts today notwithstanding

That's my motto Mc.

Yeah this exactly.

I remember a few weeks back some fella made an absolute plank of himself because he publicly had a go at two Gardai in Tullamore for "not social distancing" (from memory they were walking up the street together) when the error of his argument was pointed out to him he fairly wound the neck back in including issuing a rather public apology to the guards in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,666 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Incorrect
    Zoom lens' distort distances behind the focused objects big time
    Go watch the Professor Holahan conference this evening
    For a simple experiment,try out your binoculars focusing on a house with a hill a few miles behind it
    Or go to a camera shop when they re open and try a zoom lens

whatever floats your boat. if you believe you can get a photo like the one posted when people are 6 feet apart, go you.

• Advertisement

whatever floats your boat. if you believe you can get a photo like the one posted when people are 6 feet apart, go you.

Have done
    Even developed them back in the day in the dark room of the UCD camera club on Stephen's green :)

Have done
    Even developed them back in the day in the dark room of the UCD camera club on Stephen's green :)

What?

The camera lens produces the foreshortening effect, you cannot do it in the developing process.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It really is something when the Sinn Fein critics have been reduced to complaining about how far a sign language interpreter is from Dr. Holohan.

Was it this shot or a different (definitely not for PR purposes) one you had all kinds of excuses for, including camera angles and tricks of the light?

P27.this-week.jpg

All that post does is show ignorance of the social distancing rules.

If we were to apply your rules strictly not one of us could go shopping as your version of the two metre rule is broken all the time.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/protect-yourself-and-others.html

"There is very little risk if you are just passing someone. But try to keep a distance of 2 metres as much as possible."

Moving close together for the five seconds it takes for a photograph is not a problem.

Sitting for twenty minutes close together having a coffee and a chat is a problem.

Can you understand the difference?

blanch152 wrote: »
    All that post does is show ignorance of the social distancing rules.

If we were to apply your rules strictly not one of us could go shopping as your version of the two metre rule is broken all the time.

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/protect-yourself-and-others.html

"There is very little risk if you are just passing someone. But try to keep a distance of 2 metres as much as possible."

Moving close together for the five seconds it takes for a photograph is not a problem.

Sitting for twenty minutes close together having a coffee and a chat is a problem.

Can you understand the difference?

Keep up.

Scorn one/Scorn all.

Keep up.

Do you accept that there is a difference between a five-second photograph and a twenty minute coffee and chat in terms of social distancing and Covid risk?

What?

The camera lens produces the foreshortening effect, you cannot do it in the developing process.
    I didn't say that,that would be a stupid thing to say

Back in the day, we had zoom lens's too..
    We also developed our own photos
    Only difference today is it's all digital

I would respectfully suggest now,we move on

Do you accept that there is a difference between a five-second photograph and a twenty minute coffee and chat in terms of social distancing and Covid risk?

You need to keep up tbh
    The photo's are not a problem

In episodes on bbc one,of eastenders, the announcer used say filmed before social distancing rules came in
    Perhaps we need a note under photographs these days too regarding lens's

Right I'm done with this lens topic,just saw the tweet and wanted to post for people in glass houses

Where did the '20 mins' come out of?
    She could have just sat on the seat momentarily while passing.

Can you link to any back up of '20 mins'?

• Advertisement

I didn't say that,that would be a stupid thing to say

Back in the day, we had zoom lens's too..
    We also developed our own photos
    Only difference today is it's all digital

I would respectfully suggest now,we move on

:confused: Why mention developing photos then?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement