Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭piplip87

I see the Shinners borrowing the "Corrupt Media" tactic from the Donald again.... Not surprising since he did attend a couple of fundraisers back in the Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,930 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Never read the article on MLMD because it was behind a paywall, but you have.

Ironic that someone who claims the Indo is biased is spending money on it.

Or do you have access to it some other way?

I didn't the intro was on twitter somewhere and the writer (the current editor?) said that he realised the INdo had been biased in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Never read the article on MLMD because it was behind a paywall, but you have.

Ironic that someone who claims the Indo is biased is spending money on it.

Or do you have access to it some other way?
    It's available online through the Libraries.

I have consistently given the same opinion on that choice of username. It is an opinion that I sincerely hold, and I stand over it.

I think it's you that has a wee issue with his sexuality to be honest. You are seeing homophobia if it is even mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I think it's you that has a wee issue with his sexuality to be honest. You are seeing homophobia if it is even mentioned.

Sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

piplip87 wrote: »
    I see the Shinners borrowing the "Corrupt Media" tactic from the Donald again.... Not surprising since he did attend a couple of fundraisers back in the Day.

Between this, the anti-vaccination stuff, the anti Semitic & anti immigrant stuff - serious alarm bells should be ringing.

It’s baffling that SF have managed to get the young vote out when they have members who openly push the above agenda.

Convincing the young liberal vote to vote for SF is akin to Trump convincing the working class Americans that he was their saviour - it defies logic

Yeah, the Irish Times is biased, the Irish Independent is biased, the Daily Mail is biased, the Sindo is worst, only An Phravda prints the news as it should be.

We know the mantra well.

If you understand the dictum of cultural hedgemony,then yes

May not apply.to all.their coverage,but the carry on boards and many of the mainstream media in the immediate aftermath of the election is a quintessential example of it and by-definition biased??

(As shinners are proposing something different to the establishment centre-right policices of ffg)

Between this, the anti-vaccination stuff, the anti Semitic & anti immigrant stuff - serious alarm bells should be ringing.

It’s baffling that SF have managed to get the young vote out when they have members who openly push the above agenda.

Convincing the young liberal vote to vote for SF is akin to Trump convincing the working class Americans that he was their saviour - it defies logic

I severly doubt,you have too many neo-libs voting for the shinners tbh mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

It’s baffling that SF have managed to get the young vote out when they have members who openly push the above agenda

I thought you were discussing FG there.
    We had one chap saying SF supporters wouldn't be happy because SF were pro asylum seeker rights, because SF supporters are anti immigrant, (wha?).
    Then we'd FG supporters calling shinners anti semetic...read up on your party history ffs..
    Then it should be noted senior FG politicians had vaccine concerns.
    FG got SF votes. They got FF votes too.

Bowie wrote: »
    I thought you were discussing FG there.
    We had one chap saying SF supporters wouldn't be happy because SF were pro asylum seeker rights, because SF supporters are anti immigrant, (wha?).
    Then we'd FG supporters calling shinners anti semetic...read up on your party history ffs..
    Then it should be noted senior FG politicians had vaccine concerns.
    FG got SF votes. They got FF votes too.

I’m not an FG or an FF supporter

Nice whataboutery attempt though

• Advertisement

I severly doubt,you have too many neo-libs voting for the shinners tbh mate

The comma there is misleading?
    I presume you didn’t mean it?

I’m not an FG or an FF supporter

Nice whataboutery attempt though

Read like you were talking about FG to me.
    Can you show where SF were openly pushing the agenda you described?

The comma there is misleading?
    I presume you didn’t mean it?

Ah, just coming in for a give out. Fair enough. Lots of folk on bad form today. Flashbacks from election night I'd imagine.

Sad.

What is your reasoning for it?

Every single time his sexuality is mentioned you bring homophobia into the debate.
    Somebody takes his partners name and while not displaying any other traits of 'homophobia' you cannot see it for the lighthearted joke it was but trenchantly and 'consistently' refer to it as 'low level homophobia' (what ever the f**k that is).

If I called myself Mrs Michael D Higgins, would that be just a joke or something sinister?

You either have a thing about it or you are like a teenager who has discovered a cause.

Every single time his sexuality is mentioned you bring homophobia into the debate.
    Somebody takes his partners name and while not displaying any other traits of 'homophobia' you cannot see it for the lighthearted joke it was but trenchantly and 'consistently' refer to it as 'low level homophobia' (what ever the f**k that is).

If I called myself Mrs Michael D Higgins, would that be just a joke or something sinister?

You either have a thing about it or you are like a teenager who has discovered a cause.

Its only to enflame thread,and get it shut down as his mundane propagangaised critism deosnt wash anymore

....if there was valid concerns of homophobia,it would be reported by everyone and beasty would quite rightly ban anyone doing it

Read like you were talking about FG to me.
    Can you show where SF were openly pushing the agenda you described?

Ah, just coming in for a give out. Fair enough. Lots of folk on bad form today. Flashbacks from election night I'd imagine.

I’m not coming in for a give out, I was helping you to correct the mistake you made in your point.

Also I wasn’t referring to neo liberals and I think you understood that.

SF had anti-vax & anti Semitic rhetoric comin from candidates - were you not aware of this?

I want change as much as was preached but not dangerous, loon ball change

TBF, he does it when neither Varadkar nor his sexuality is being discussed such as here and now.
    It's very low brow to use it to try get a little dig in. Makes a mockery of anyone genuinely speaking out on homophobia.
    Anytime this comes up it's never accompanied with any supporting quotes. It's poor commentators with even poorer manners desperate for a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    You understand the definition of whataboutery yeah?

Why don’t you take this opportunity to explain it.

That way we will all know your definition, and can refer back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭buzzing147

the govt have families.

everyone has families.

where are sf?

One member near me hasn't left house in 2 months apart from to stand outside smoking, do they still have full wages during lockdown

I’m not coming in for a give out, I was helping you to correct the mistake you made in your point.

Also I wasn’t referring to neo liberals and I think you understood that.

SF had anti-vax & anti Semitic rhetoric comin from candidates - were you not aware of this?

I want change as much as was preached but not dangerous, loon ball change

Yes. Pointing out senior FG government politicians did too. You sounded like you thought this was an only SF issue.
    Any chance of some links or quotes to back up your claim:

'Agenda' is more than a few shams saying something.
    SF had help from FG getting more votes.

Yes. Pointing out senior FG government politicians did too. You sounded like you thought this was an only SF issue.
    Any chance of some links or quotes to back up your claim:

Agenda is more than a few shams saying something.

By shams you mean elected TDs from the SF party?

Can you not see why this makes SF so worrying to some people? They are an incoherent hotch potch of all different kind of loon balls.

Some of their TDs are sailing very close to Gemma O Doherty territory & that scares the boll*x out of me

• Advertisement

Can you not see why this makes SF so worrying to some people? They are an incoherent hotch potch of all different kind of loon balls.

Some of their TDs are sailing very close to Gemma O Doherty territory & that scares the boll*x out of me

Id imagine verona murphy (you know the wan leo canvassed for a week after she essentially called immigrants terrorists),is likely closer to gemma odoherty in outlook??

Iirc she was even invited to coalition talks as part of indo alliance??

Anyone talking ****e, so could be yeah.

That's not backing up your claim.
    Well we'd one TD calling protesters ISIS and another one sexually harassing a fellow female TD, so what's your standards on that kind of thing? Best going by who over saw record breaking social crises and trying to get rid than buying into a few scaremongering tales any day. It's clear some parties have little regard for the Irish public. I think SD/SF/PBP etc. are worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,942 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Id imagine verona murphy (you know the wan leo canvassed for a week after she essentially called immigrants terrorists),is likely closer to gemma odoherty in outlook??

Nah, nothing like Violet.

They are an incoherent hotch potch of all different kind of loon balls.

You should come take a look at the local FG party here. :) From the corrupt to the violent to the ridiculous.

He'll be knocking down her door after visiting Lowry if he needs the seats.

Nah, nothing like Violet.

It's cool John Paul Phelan and Finian McGrath are.

You should come take a look at the local FG party here. :) From the corrupt to the violent to the ridiculous.

Again- I’m not an FG supporter.

If SF could find a few more Pearse Doherty & Eoin o Brioin’s then I might be able to get behind them but at the moment there’s too many loon balls

Anyone talking ****e, so could be yeah.

That's not backing up your claim.
    Well we'd one TD calling protesters ISIS and another one sexually harassing a fellow female TD, so what's your standards on that kind of thing? Best going by who over saw record breaking social crises and trying to get rid than buying into a few scaremongering tales any day. It's clear some parties have little regard for the Irish public. I think SD/SF/PBP etc. are worth a look.

I don’t even know where to start with this.
    So you’re agreeing that SF members are talking ****e?
    And your plan is to buy into an incoherent dream from a party who failed to deal with social crises in NI?

You don’t really have a point

Pointless whataboutery.

Verona can be a loon ball and it doesn’t take away from the fact that SF have several of the same ilk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭major interest

McMurphy wrote: »

Can’t deny that some journalists (a few in the indo particularly) can be biased. However that attached piece is pure garbage. “Leo the lioness” - low brow stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement