Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

Pointless whataboutery.

Verona can be a loon ball and it doesn’t take away from the fact that SF have several of the same ilk

Its really not

You said there was several shinners close to gemma odoherty outlook (and used it as reason not to vote for em,which is fair enough,despite providing no actual evidence,which is perplexing)

...i pointed out in immediate aftermath of verona essemtially calling immigrants terrorist,varadkar canvassed for her in a by-election,and since she is now an indo,was invited to government formation talks

Never has a case of whataboutery,been more relevent?

Seems FFG,wants to put a lightweight gemma odoherty into government??

Your seemingly being ok,with this,raises issues with the bona fide of your orginal complaint imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Can’t deny that some journalists (a few in the indo particularly) can be biased. However that attached piece is pure garbage. “Leo the lioness” - low brow stuff.

It’s the demented rantings of a barely coherent halfwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Id imagine verona murphy (you know the wan leo canvassed for a week after she essentially called immigrants terrorists),is likely closer to gemma odoherty in outlook??

Iirc she was even invited to coalition talks as part of indo alliance??

So if she essentially called immigrants terrorists, that means that she actually didn't, I would think Verona is well qualified to speak about the lack of security regarding immigration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

I don’t even know where to start with this.
    So you’re agreeing that SF members are talking ****e?
    And your plan is to buy into an incoherent dream from a party who failed to deal with social crises in NI?

You don’t really have a point

Yes. That councillor houlihan for one. The up the 'ra lad etc.
    You can't criticise SF claim to be non party and then act all confused when you meet same.
    Now you're not making sense. I don't have a vote up north. SF don't control the north. Wise up. You are making excuses to try back up your spin.
    I'll repeat it, when I see a government over seeing record breaking crises year on year making them worse, I'll take a chance on another party or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,655 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

'Partitionist' isn't an insult, it is a political position.

It's used as a pejorative, like West Brits.

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    The Irish Times has been pretty biased.

Is there an Irish media outlet that is not biased towards SF?

So far we have:
    RTE
    Sindo
    Irish Independent
    Irish Times
    Newstalk

Am I missing any?

Trump and SF, one step closer to a perfect marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Its really not

You said there was several shinners close to gemma odoherty outlook (and used it as reason not to vote for em,which is fair enough,despite providing no actual evidence,which is perplexing)

...i pointed out in immediate aftermath of verona essemtially calling immigrants terrorist,varadkar canvassed for her in a by-election,and since she is now an indo,was invited to government formation talks

Never has a case of whataboutery,been more relevent?

Seems FFG,wants to put a lightweight gemma odoherty into government??

Your seemingly being ok,with this,raises issues with the bona fide of your orginal complaint imo

Ok with Verona Murphy? What are you talking about? I’ve never said anything like that.

Whataboutery is all you have and not only is it a complete dereliction of fixing issues in SF but it’s misdirected.

Stop taking pointless scattergun swipes and fix your own disjointed party

Bowie wrote: »
    Yes. That councillor houlihan for one. The up the 'ra lad etc.
    You can't criticise SF claim to be non party and then act all confused when you meet same.
    Now you're not making sense. I don't have a vote up north. SF don't control the north. Wise up. You are making excuses to try back up your spin.
    I'll repeat it, when I see a government over seeing record breaking crises year on year making them worse, I'll take a chance on another party or two.

SF do have power in the north and they’ve done nothing with it other than bring the country backwards. Give me 2 useful policies they’ve brought in three?

Pointing out where everyone else is wrong is easy but doing right yourself is a lot harder.

SF are the ultimate ‘hurler on the ditch’ party

Ok with Verona Murphy? What are you talking about? I’ve never said anything like that.

Whataboutery is all you have and not only is it a complete dereliction of fixing issues in SF but it’s misdirected.

Stop taking pointless scattergun swipes and fix your own disjointed party

Just aswell im no way connected with shinners

Quite,why your taking offence at verona murphy,being closer in outlook to gemma odoherty than any shinners is somewhat beyond me....

but that is your own cross to carry mate

SF do have power in the north
    SF are the ultimate ‘hurler on the ditch’ party

These two positions are not compatible :pac:

• Advertisement

Quite,why your taking offence at verona murphy,being closer in outlook to gemma odoherty than any shinners is somewhat beyond me....

You’re an odd character.

Read back your own posts- you’ve claimed that I was ok with Verona Murphy & I’ve never said this, now you’re childishly doubling down on something you’ve made up as you can’t untangle yourself from the web of loon balls you’ve wrapped yourself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

She got kicked out though didn't she?

You’re an odd character.

Read back your own posts- you’ve claimed that I was ok with Verona Murphy & I’ve never said this, now you’re childishly doubling down on something you’ve made up as you can’t untangle yourself from the web of loon balls you’ve wrapped yourself in.

Where have i said you were ok with her??

Pretty sure i included seemingly?

She got kicked out though didn't she?

I have never said she didnt?

Though,why is it,she was invited to government formation talks,as were the anti abortion aontu

(whos waterford member stood on anti immigrant point,while being an english doctor,married to a polish woman :pac: )iirc

Where have i said you were ok with her??

Pretty sure i included seemingly?

As I said this is just childish nonsense whereby you are constantly contradicting your own posts & making stuff up just to shut down what anyone else is saying.

I don’t know are you playing dumb or are you just (seemingly) very, very dumb.

Have a good day and don’t burn down too many 5G towers

As I said this is just childish nonsense whereby you are constantly contradicting your own posts & making stuff up just to shut down what anyone else is saying.

So infact i didnt say,what has set yous off :)....ive shut nobody down,infact i have engaged entirely with yous, your free to hold a point of view,just it deosnt seem based in reality,and thats ok too
    I don’t know are you playing dumb or are you just (seemingly) very, very dumb.
    Yay for personal.insults,you must be the guy the irish times was on about yesterday
    Have a good day and don’t burn down too many 5G towers

Quite,what this has to do with anything in our conversation is beyond me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    Is there an Irish media outlet that is not biased towards SF?

So far we have:
    RTE
    Sindo
    Irish Independent
    Irish Times
    Newstalk

Am I missing any?

Trump and SF, one step closer to a perfect marriage.

Really isn't it Varadkar and Trump that have the great relationship? Didn't he promise to teach him how to golf and didn't Varadkar sort out that pesky windfarm application for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

smurgen wrote: »
    Really isn't it Varadkar and Trump that have the great relationship? Didn't he promise to teach him how to golf and didn't Varadkar sort out that pesky windfarm application for him?

The biased press sackcloth is worn by SF equally as well by SF as Trump.
    Some of the looney stuff SF posters put up here to try to support their bias claims is ridiculous.
    Afraid to post their own favourable publications, because we all know what they are, they throw out absolute drivel of opinion pieces from very questionable opinion sources

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The biased press sackcloth is worn by SF equally as well by SF as Trump.
    Some of the looney stuff SF posters put up here to try to support their bias claims is ridiculous.
    Afraid to post their own favourable publications, because we all know what they are, they throw out absolute drivel of opinion pieces from very questionable opinion sources

This id love to see what everyone knows?

Fact of matter is, the more people have a go at SF and talk them down, means more relevant and in the head of FFG they are.

The time is coming, Tiocfaidh ár Lá

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Fact of matter is, the more people have a go at SF and talk them down, means more relevant and in the head of FFG they are.

The time for what?

• Advertisement

Actually, I don't doubt that. But what difference do you expect that to make.
    Like what will SF offer that will be that much different to What FG and FF are offering, or promising anyway?

Actually, I don't doubt that. But what difference do you expect that to make.
    Like what will SF offer that will be that much different to What FG and FF are offering, or promising anyway?

For a start the people in the election voted for change, SF in some type Govt would be just that.

FFG do not want change though, but we all know FF could change their mind at any stage

First off, id imagine the likes of Apple etc would pay their fair share of tax

For a start the people in the election voted for change, SF in some type Govt would be just that.

FFG do not want change though, but we all know FF could change their mind at any stage

You'd imagine?
    I doubt you know how taxes work so.
    It will take more than electing a SF Govt to change that. Like raising the corporate tax rate.
    Do you think that is a good idea?

No they didnt

No they didnt

Yes they did, What % of the vote did FG and the independents receive?

What did the rest get?

More people voted against the Govt than for them

smurgen wrote: »

I see you didn't answer the question.
    What media outlet do you think is NOT biased against SF?

markodaly wrote: »
    I see you didn't answer the question.
    What media outlet do you think is NOT biased against SF?

Expect a reply along the lines of

But but but the IRA

I love the tax argument to be honest.

Why do you think Apple are here? Do you think Tim Cook used go to bed as a young fella dreaming about the north part of Cork City & utter to himself "One day Timmy boy, one day"?

Google didnt move here because of their executives love of coddle either, in case you are wondering

Yes they did, What % of the vote did FG and the independents receive?

What did the rest get?

More people voted against the Govt than for them

When was the last time any sitting government got over 50% of the vote in Ireland?

The people voted for a range of parties, a number of which dont seem to be able to form a government together

• Advertisement

When was the last time any sitting government got over 50% of the vote in Ireland?

The people voted for a range of parties, a number of which dont seem to be able to form a government together

I said people voted for change.

your words

"No they didn't"

So are you now saying they did?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement