Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    I see you didn't answer the question.
    What media outlet do you think is NOT biased against SF?

The Guardian for one. Really thought their coverage of the elections were good. Also the Currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

For a start the people in the election voted for change, SF in some type Govt would be just that.

FFG do not want change though, but we all know FF could change their mind at any stage

First off, id imagine the likes of Apple etc would pay their fair share of tax
    Your imagination causes you a lot of difficulty. It will probably improve in your teenage years

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Edgware wrote: »
    Your imagination causes you a lot of difficulty. It will probably improve in your teenage years

Another one who just thinks they can talk down to people.

FG supporters seem to be good at that, wonder where they get it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I said people voted for change.

your words

"No they didn't"

So are you now saying they did?

Every election is a vote for a change. It's the inherent reason for an election.

Can you explain what change you wanted when you voted for SF and how they are going to change Ireland for the better?

Bear in mind also that 75% of voters didn't vote for SF.

aido79 wrote: »
    Every election is a vote for a change. It's the inherent reason for an election.

Can you explain what change you wanted when you voted for SF and how they are going to change Ireland for the better?

Well 25% voted for FF, as they stated they would not go into Govt with FG.

Thats 50%. So at least half the country do not want FG in Govt

• Advertisement

Well they want to sort the homeless crisis out, which FG have no intention of.

They want to push for a United Ireland, which FG have no intention of.

They want to stop renters getting robbed with no chance ever of a mortgage, which Fg have no intention of.

I could go on

I doubt everyone who voted for FF did so because they didn't want a FF/FG coalition. Some probably did but not the full 25%

They want to push for a United Ireland, which FG have no intention of.

They want to stop renters getting robbed with no chance ever of a mortgage, which Fg have no intention of.

I could go on

Please go on. I'm definitely not going to stop you and I will read everything you have to say on how they can do all of these things and more.

My daughter wants a purple unicorn for her birthday. I have no intention of getting it. That's similar to what you are asking FG to do.

None of these these things have the easy solutions that SF and their supporters seem to think they have.

I doubt everyone who voted for FF did so because they didn't want a FF/FG coalition. Some probably did but not the full 25%

Well if i voted for a party who stated "We will not go into Govt with FG" and then changed their mind as soon as the results were out (even though we all knew they were lying all along) Id be pretty upset.

Same way FG have broken election promises since 2011 like they are going out of fashion.

I want a party who will fight for the people not themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Who both in turn stated they would not go in with SF.

So we can't form a government

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The poll closest to the vote indicated that the party people least wanted to see in government was SF.

I'm actually dont want to dig at SF, it's this "change" soundbite

Who both in turn stated they would not go in with SF.

So we can't form a government

Back to the election boxes we go. Every young person in Ireland will be out to vote, they have all seen what went on before the election (Keep Sinn Fein out) and whats going on now (Keep Sinn Fein out)

Id imagine that 25% will be alot higher!

Well if i voted for a party who stated "We will not go into Govt with FG" and then changed their mind as soon as the results were out (even though we all knew they were lying all along) Id be pretty upset.

Same way FG have broken election promises since 2011 like they are going out of fashion.

I want a party who will fight for the people not themselves

You voted for a party who said they would not go into government with either FF or FG but then whinged when they were excluded from government formation talks by those two parties.
    They made it sound like they would have jumped at the chance of forming a government with either FF or FG in the end.

I would actually love to see Sinn Fein in government solely to see how many election promises they would break. I'll emigrate again if that ever happens so the mess they make won't affect me.

The poll closest to the vote indicated that the party people least wanted to see in government was SF.

I'm actually dont want to dig at SF, it's this "change" soundbite

And yet they still think they won the election.

As I said earlier the inherent reason for an election is change so making it part of a election slogan doesn't make any sense to me.

Back to the election boxes we go. Every young person in Ireland will be out to vote, they have all seen what went on before the election (Keep Sinn Fein out) and whats going on now (Keep Sinn Fein out)

Id imagine that 25% will be alot higher!

Why are you so sure it will be higher?

I actually think another election could be disastrous for Sinn Fein. They would most likely run more candidates where new candidates would take votes away from their running mates leaving some constituencies where none of their candidates may meet the quotas and so having the opposite effect. They might end up in a situation where they get less seats. They would have a lot of work to do to convince people they are serious about forming a government if the last few months are anything to go by.

Why are you so sure it will be higher?

I actually think another election could be disastrous for Sinn Fein. They would most likely run more candidates where new candidates would take votes away from their running mates leaving some constituencies where none of their candidates may meet the quotas and so having the opposite effect. They might end up in a situation where they get less seats. They would have a lot of work to do to convince people they are serious about forming a government if the last few months are anything to go by.

Because young people are fed up with FF/G.

One look at twitter etc will show you this.

I think another election will be disastrous for FG, especially way Leo talks down to people, dosnt care what anyones saying to him. People have caught on, his election results tell us that.
    His own people in Dublin West, prefer a SF man

You voted for a party who said they would not go into government with either FF or FG but then whinged when they were excluded from government formation talks by those two parties.
    They made it sound like they would have jumped at the chance of forming a government with either FF or FG in the end.

I would actually love to see Sinn Fein in government solely to see how many election promises they would break. I'll emigrate again if that ever happens so the mess they make won't affect me.
    If you go keep an eye out for Ray Darcy. He went in protest at Enda Kenny becoming Taoiseach

Because young people are fed up with FF/G.

One look at twitter etc will show you this.

I think another election will be disastrous for FG, especially way Leo talks down to people, dosnt care what anyones saying to him. People have caught on, his election results tell us that.
    His own people in Dublin West, prefer a SF man

If you were to use that constituency as an example and combine the FG votes and compare them to the SF votes you'll see there's about 2000 votes in the difference. This is what I mean when I say that even if Sinn Fein were to run more candidates it might not equate to more seats. Like a lot of other constituencies where Sinn Fein done well there isn't enough place for another Sinn Fein candidate and they would be taking the chance that neither candidate might get elected.

If you were to use that constituency as an example and combine the FG votes and compare them to the SF votes you'll see there's about 2000 votes in the difference. This is what I mean when I say that even if Sinn Fein were to run more candidates it might not equate to more seats. Like a lot of other constituencies where Sinn Fein done well there isn't enough place for another Sinn Fein candidate and they would be taking the chance that neither candidate might get elected.

Roll on the new election so.

Roll on the new election so.

Yeah shouldn't be too hard to get the 5000 or so extra votes in that constituency to get 2 SF seats. Other constituencies should be fairly easy too.

• Advertisement

Yeah shouldn't be too hard to get the 5000 or so extra votes in that constituency to get 2 SF seats. Other constituencies should be fairly easy too.

Try asking the fishwife to give up her "Poll topper" title.

If you go keep an eye out for Ray Darcy. He went in protest at Enda Kenny becoming Taoiseach

I don't think Ray was ever going to leave. I'd probably take it more seriously if zig and zag said it.

Well with all the lies FF and FG have been telling are getting exposed, so I think they will do quite well.

The left will be in charge soon

Try asking the fishwife to give up her "Poll topper" title.

Should be fairly straightforward for her to convince another 2000 or so or her constituents to vote for Sinn Fein given her performance since the election shouldn't it. Nothing to worry about really is there?

Well with all the lies FF and FG have been telling are getting exposed, so I think they will do quite well.

The left will be in charge soon

And Sinn Fein won't lie?

What effect do you think the left being in charge will make in the grand scale of things post covid 19?

And Sinn Fein won't lie?

What effect do you think the left being in charge will make in the grand scale of things post covid 19?

I think the left will look out for the people (or try their best anyway).

I feel like they will at least try sort out the
    -Homeless Crisis
    -Shambles of a Health System

Change from what we have had for the past 100 years, because its not working

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I'll just leave THIS here then...

Should be fairly straightforward for her to convince another 2000 or so or her constituents to vote for Sinn Fein given her performance since the election shouldn't it. Nothing to worry about really is there?
    Let us know when you wake up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement