Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

So Unionists are not in favour of using NI rather than Northern Ireland for PSNI branding! The Chief Commissioner wants to highlight POLICE in its branding.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ulster/2020/0609/1146423-psni-signage-row/

markodaly wrote: »
    Another disappearing act by SF. Nothing really new so.. :)

More like a disappearing act by Simon Harris. Why was there not a joint order made?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0610/1146482-northern-ireland-ppe/

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

jm08 wrote: »
    More like a disappearing act by Simon Harris. Why was there not a joint order made?

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/0610/1146482-northern-ireland-ppe/

Why would there be a joint order ? He has zero jurisdiction over the North

Why would there be a joint order ? He has zero jurisdiction over the North

Didn't they have a meeting up in Armagh and agree to work together? The Irish Government knew how difficult it was to get PPE (Pascal Donoghue even asked Bono to get out his address book (which included the owner of Alibabi and the South Korean Prime Minister). We got PPE fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Didn't they have a meeting up in Armagh and agree to work together? The Irish Government knew how difficult it was to get PPE (Pascal Donoghue even asked Bono to get out his address book (which included the owner of Alibabi and the South Korean Prime Minister). We got PPE fairly quickly.

Maybe the missing emails will be handed over to the Assembly and clear it all up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Conor can clear it all up when he releases the emails that show there was an agreement with us to do a joint procurement.

To date, he is the only person who seems to know about this agreement.

It all seems like some fantasy he made up to me.

So Blanch, I see the infamous PPE has eventually arrived in Northern Ireland just now from China, which seems to have taken since March for NI to organise. I hope no one died in NI because Simon Harris/Irish officials refused to help them source PPE, bearing in mind that we all know that the British Government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery when it comes to Covid-19.

What an unbelievable passing of the buck.

There was a government in Northern Ireland with a Finance Minister named Conor Murphy in charge of procurement who completely failed at his job.

Blaming the people down the road for his failure is just sad.

blanch152 wrote: »
    What an unbelievable passing of the buck.

There was a government in Northern Ireland with a Finance Minister named Conor Murphy in charge of procurement who completely failed at his job.

Blaming the people down the road for his failure is just sad.

I wouldn't be blaming anyone in Northern Ireland for not knowing that the person he should have been calling for help was Bono (as Pascol Donoghue did), and not Simon Harris. Just shame on the Irish Government for not helping them procure lifesaving PPE in their hour of need.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

I wouldn't be blaming anyone in Northern Ireland for not knowing that the person he should have been calling for help was Bono (as Pascol Donoghue did), and not Simon Harris. Just shame on the Irish Government for not helping them procure lifesaving PPE in their hour of need.

Conor McGregor also provided Millions worth of PPE.

So Conor Murphy didn't get enough PPE for the North - Fine Gael's fault.

There wasn't enough PPE in nursing homes in the South - Fine Gael's fault

If the government gave PPE to the North and there was a shortage in hospitals - Fine Gael's fault, I guess?

Am I getting anything wrong yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Murphy should have asked one of his 'Good Republican' mates to assist. Good with logistics one time. Usually involved strategically placing a car bomb in a city centre, but I'm sure they could throw their hand to logistics.

Ea-GOHlk-Ws-AUEipf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Randy Archer

That means nothing . Nothing in writing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

So Blanch, I see the infamous PPE has eventually arrived in Northern Ireland just now from China, which seems to have taken since March for NI to organise. I hope no one died in NI because Simon Harris/Irish officials refused to help them source PPE, bearing in mind that we all know that the British Government couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery when it comes to Covid-19.

Someone should let Harris know that he is the Minister of Health for Northern Ireland as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Murphy should have asked one of his 'Good Republican' mates to assist. Good with logistics one time. Usually involved strategically placing a car bomb in a city centre, but I'm sure they could throw their hand to logistics.

Ea-GOHlk-Ws-AUEipf.jpg

I'm sure Sinn Fein could have asked some of their friends to simply hijack the PPE shipments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

blanch152 wrote: »
    So Conor Murphy didn't get enough PPE for the North - Fine Gael's fault.

There wasn't enough PPE in nursing homes in the South - Fine Gael's fault

If the government gave PPE to the North and there was a shortage in hospitals - Fine Gael's fault, I guess?

Am I getting anything wrong yet?

I cant wait to see who is rolled out to give the 'everything is wrong and we'd have done everything better' speech on TV3 tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

Pretty funny on the radio Eoin O Broin having no specifics for his bash the landlords plan. From the sound of it it's akin to reparations for the crime of buying a second property.

For clarity - that video featured was particularly unfunny and Joe Doyle came across as a bellend. He did ask some worthwhile questions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Pretty funny on the radio Eoin O Broin having no specifics for his bash the landlords plan. From the sound of it it's akin to reparations for the crime of buying a second property.

For clarity - that video featured was particularly unfunny and Joe Doyle came across as a bellend. He did ask some worthwhile questions though.

was this something recent? Which channel? I'd like to listen back to have a laugh at that idiot.

Also SF were the largest party on the council up to last year from 2014 when those apartments EOB mentioned were built without permission.

Why did they not enforce the planning law?

Hubertj wrote: »
    was this something recent? Which channel? I'd like to listen back to have a laugh at that idiot.

It was on Sarah McInerney this morning on RTE.

Ea-GOHlk-Ws-AUEipf.jpg

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/miriam-lord-time-stands-still-for-leo-ahead-of-sanitised-trump-meeting-1.4201615

Leo and the Worlds biggest Terrorist

We can all throw around pictures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

You still think the US army is a terrorist organisation?

aido79 wrote: »
    You still think the US army is a terrorist organisation?

Course they are. How many wars they start over oil or money?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,921 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jaysus what were you listening to...3 times he gave yer man the specifics and he tried to deflect to something else until even Sarah cut him off.:D

Jaysus - Leo is a snake but that's a seriously weak response.

jaysus what were you listening to...3 times he gave yer man the specifics and he tried to deflect to something else until even Sarah cut him off.:D

He didn't give him any specifics lol he was stuck for words.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

what does the genius have planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Course they are. How many wars they start over oil or money?

I think you need to Google what terrorism is.

aido79 wrote: »
    I think you need to Google what terrorism is.

One mans Freedom Fighter is another mans Terrorist

One mans Freedom Fighter is another mans Terrorist

Does that include robbing banks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,921 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He didn't give him any specifics lol he was stuck for words.

3 times he told the guy what he was referring to and three times the guy let on he didn't hear.

I suppose you didn't hear callers ringing into to tell the lanlord guy what 'satire' is either?
    He blanked those criticisms of his demeanng little vid too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement