Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

One mans Freedom Fighter is another mans Terrorist

Ok...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i see the usuals havent tired in their efforts of proclaiming SF=bad. When will they learn to leave things lie as it only makes themselves look sillier?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

No acknowledgement for the wonderful job SF have done north of the border, 4 days now with 0 deaths.

See what happens when they are in charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

3 times he told the guy what he was referring to and three times the guy let on he didn't hear.

I suppose you didn't hear callers ringing into to tell the lanlord guy what 'satire' is either?
    He blanked those criticisms of his demeanng little vid too.

The other lads video was brutal and he wasn't particularly likeable.

Obviously I didn't hear EOB's specifics - can you fill us all in on them please?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

blanch152 wrote: »
    So Conor Murphy didn't get enough PPE for the North - Fine Gael's fault.

There wasn't enough PPE in nursing homes in the South - Fine Gael's fault

If the government gave PPE to the North and there was a shortage in hospitals - Fine Gael's fault, I guess?

Am I getting anything wrong yet?

Conor Murphy got plenty of PPE to the North - just it took a lot longer and the pandemic was nearly over. Murphy's big mistake was thinking that a Fine Gael government would actually not help the people of NI because a SF public representative asked him to.

There wasn't enough PPE in nursing homes in the South is of course Fine Gael's fault.

Murphy's mistake was not asking Bono and Conor McGregor etc. to help them out like what Pascal Donoghue did with Bono and various other people. If it was so easy to get this stuff, why did the Irish Government have to ask Bono to write to the South Korean Prime Minister asking for help. The least they could have done is told them that they would need to do that.

Just remember, people from NI needed this, not just some SF voters. Fine Gael fit in very well with their Tory bedfellows across the water.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

jm08 wrote: »
    Conor Murphy got plenty of PPE to the North - just it took a lot longer and the pandemic was nearly over. Murphy's big mistake was thinking that a Fine Gael government would actually not help the people of NI because a SF public representative asked him to.

There wasn't enough PPE in nursing homes in the South is of course Fine Gael's fault.

Murphy's mistake was not asking Bono and Conor McGregor etc. to help them out like what Pascal Donoghue did with Bono and various other people. If it was so easy to get this stuff, why did the Irish Government have to ask Bono to write to the South Korean Prime Minister asking for help. The least they could have done is told them that they would need to do that.

Just remember, people from NI needed this, not just some SF voters. Fine Gael fit in very well with their Tory bedfellows across the water.

Did I not read this before, is it an automated response or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

No acknowledgement for the wonderful job SF have done north of the border, 4 days now with 0 deaths.

See what happens when they are in charge

i would think the praise should be reserved for health care workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The other lads video was brutal and he wasn't particularly likeable.

Obviously I didn't hear EOB's specifics - can you fill us all in on them please?

No.
    I was listening not taking notes for your benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Did I not read this before, is it an automated response or something?

Maybe you read it before, but its obviously not sinking in with the rest. Fine Gael will not look good with this. Most decent people would want to help anyone who looked for or needed help, not have Fine Gael turn their back on them to score petty political points.

Their cheap, snide attacks will not appeal to your average ordinary voter down here.

Maybe you read it before, but its obviously not sinking in with the rest. Fine Gael will not look good with this. Most decent people would want to help anyone who looked for or needed help, not have Fine Gael turn their back on them to score petty political points.

Their cheap, snide attacks will not appeal to your average ordinary voter down here.

So you reckon FG, or Simon Harris as minister for health or the HSE acting on their own or on instruction from FG or Simon Harris refused ppe equipment help to Northern Ireland because it was a SF minister for health up there, is that what you're saying.
    Have you any evidence of this as I'd like to see it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

No.
    I was listening not taking notes for your benefit.

Obviously weren't listening too hard. Could you even give us the jist?

Hubertj wrote: »
    i would think the praise should be reserved for health care workers.

Every one of your posts on this thread have been negative about SF.

Every single one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,939 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

jaysus what were you listening to...3 times he gave yer man the specifics and he tried to deflect to something else until even Sarah cut him off.:D

Maybe you could fill us in on his cunning plan.

Every single one.

In fairness dd1, everytime someone mentioned something negative re covid in NI then it was shifted to Westminster, if it's good SF want to claim it.
    And fair play to SF, they wanted to follow, the Irish model mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Conor Murphy got plenty of PPE to the North - just it took a lot longer and the pandemic was nearly over.

:D:D:D

Every single one.

That’s because I have a very negative view of SF. I have a fairly negative view of all political parties in this country. I think the SF are the worst of a bad lot. FG were in government and will likely be in next government along with FF and Greens. I think they will do a less terrible job than SF would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Every single one.

Well thats probably because there is very little to say about Sinn Fein that is positive. Maybe you can tell us about all the good things they have done. Apart from no longer blowing up innocent people.

We have got a huge delivery of ppe in this afternoon and there's a link in the story, NI has finally gotten a huge order too.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0610/1146491-ppe-plane-shannon/

Now we have this claim from Conor Murphy.
    Northern Ireland wouldn't have had to go in to lockdown if it weren't for austerity.
    Is this type of health minister the answer SF has to Simon Harris?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sinn-f%C3%A9in-minister-criticised-for-blaming-covid-19-lockdown-on-austerity-1.4275478?mode=amp

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Now we have this claim from Conor Murphy.
    Northern Ireland wouldn't have had to go in to lockdown if it weren't for austerity.
    Is this type of health minister the answer SF has to Simon Harris?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/sinn-f%C3%A9in-minister-criticised-for-blaming-covid-19-lockdown-on-austerity-1.4275478?mode=amp

If Murphy and O’Neill are the brightest and best up there then you can only imagine what the rest of them are like. As thick as two short planks. Good at the megaphone diplomacy stuff, but not much else.

The education system up there must be terrible.

• Advertisement

That’s because I have a very negative view of SF. I have a fairly negative view of all political parties in this country. I think the SF are the worst of a bad lot. FG were in government and will likely be in next government along with FF and Greens. I think they will do a less terrible job than SF would.

Have you not seen what FG has done to the country for the last decade?

I don't know, if this, is, a climbdown or not?

Conor Murphy (@conormurphysf) Tweeted:
    Austerity policies have severely impacted on the capacity of Health and Social Care services, here and elsewhere, to respond to the Covid 19 pandemic. For clarity, lockdown has been absolutely necessary to save lives. https://twitter.com/conormurphysf/status/1270717853990178817?s=20

Have you not seen what FG has done to the country for the last decade?

I think they have done ok. I am doing well as are my friends and family. There are definitely things FG got wrong, no government gets everything right. They had some weak ministers presiding over disfunctional departments. Nobody can fix that.

To think SF could do better is laughable. I find it sad that people look to SF as an alternative. SF policies are truly pathetic. Their grandstanding and posturing during the crisis has been an embarrassment to this country, only the likes of PBP contributed less.

I take that view of SF on a policy basis. My view of them is worsened because of their links to terrorism, murder and other barbaric acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

If Murphy and O’Neill are the brightest and best up there then you can only imagine what the rest of them are like. As thick as two short planks. Good at the megaphone diplomacy stuff, but not much else.

The education system up there must be terrible.
    One of them is very talented. He can balance sliced pans on his head

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Eoin got caught out yesterday latching onto this spoof.

https://twitter.com/EOBroin/status/1270300844655869953

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

So this is a pi*s take and Eoin didn’t bother to fact check before using it? Or he doesn’t care as a lot of people that vote for him will believe anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Is it the record breaking national crises in Health, Homelessness, housing and NCH over run sold you on them or the reintroducing wolves financial crash? Or general cronyism at a loss to the tax payer?
    Go team FF/FG/Green...

I don't think SF are ideal, however FF/FG have to go because enough is enough.
    I think they have done ok. I am doing well as are my friends and family. There are definitely things FG got wrong, no government gets everything right. They had some weak ministers presiding over disfunctional departments. Nobody can fix that.

To think SF could do better is laughable. I find it sad that people look to SF as an alternative. SF policies are truly pathetic. Their grandstanding and posturing during the crisis has been an embarrassment to this country, only the likes of PBP contributed less.

I take that view of SF on a policy basis. My view of them is worsened because of their links to terrorism, murder and other barbaric acts.

Ah so they aren't great but can do no wrong. Interesting take.
    I think I could do better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,713 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

So this is a pi*s take and Eoin didn’t bother to fact check before using it? Or he doesn’t care as a lot of people that vote for him will believe anything?

Yeah the house is the lads sisters and they are renovating hence how he could do video.

He jumps on anything housing related once it has a negative spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

They have nothing else at the moment only keep everyone on 350 a week until December or this video.

Whatever happened to their call to arms from Richard Boyd Barrett?

Mary Lou said they will give it a shot then silence.

They offer absolutely nothing constructive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,916 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

They have nothing else at the moment only keep everyone on 350 a week until December or this video.

Whatever happened to their call to arms from Richard Boyd Barrett?

Mary Lou said they will give it a shot then silence.

They offer absolutely nothing constructive.

We'll see how 'constructive' a mashed together alliance of FF FG and the Greens is. Or a mish mash of Independents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement