Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

blanch152 wrote: »
    Imagine Reada versus Violet for the leadership.

Maybe the one who went on holidays during the election will be able to referee the contest. Anti-vaxxer versus anti-semite.

I am so looking forward to their Dail performances. There is plenty of mileage in these idiots.

People in glass houses any comment from FG on this yet?

https://twitter.com/Alan__Shatter/status/1270636583293726722?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

smurgen wrote: »
    People in glass houses any comment from FG on this yet?

I am not in Fine Gael, why would I comment?

Let us see the magnificent contribution that Reada and Violet make to the Dail over the coming years, I am so looking forward to it. They are real role models for the new Sinn Fein that is attempting to move on from the bomb-makers and thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

You've been shilling for them for months Blanch, and presented with rank stupidity from their ranks refuse to comment.

Pull the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I am not in Fine Gael, why would I comment?

Let us see the magnificent contribution that Reada and Violet make to the Dail over the coming years, I am so looking forward to it. They are real role models for the new Sinn Fein that is attempting to move on from the bomb-makers and thugs.

You're in the Greens and you don't comment on them. You're not in SF but you comment on them 24/7. Confusing.

Yurt! wrote: »
    You've been shilling for them for months Blanch, and presented with rank stupidity from their ranks refuse to comment.

Pull the other one.
    smurgen wrote: »
    You're in the Greens and you don't comment on them. You're not in SF but you comment on them 24/7. Confusing.

I don't have to comment on every issue that is raised, particularly the whataboutery stuff that people put up.

I am not a member of the Greens either, just someone who voted for them in the last few elections. If they get the job done during the next five years, I may vote for someone else as priorities change. I do comment on the Green threads but they are often filled with uninformed comment on Green policies.

As for Sinn Fein, this is a Sinn Fein thread, so happy to comment on them here. I don't have to justify that to anyone, particularly as there are a number of more prolific Sinn Fein commenters. You wouldn't be trying to censor opinion that is critical of Sinn Fein, would you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I don't have to comment on every issue that is raised, particularly the whataboutery stuff that people put up.

I am not a member of the Greens either, just someone who voted for them in the last few elections. If they get the job done during the next five years, I may vote for someone else as priorities change. I do comment on the Green threads but they are often filled with uninformed comment on Green policies.

As for Sinn Fein, this is a Sinn Fein thread, so happy to comment on them here. I don't have to justify that to anyone, particularly as there are a number of more prolific Sinn Fein commenters. You wouldn't be trying to censor opinion that is critical of Sinn Fein, would you?

Why would anyone want to censor the type of stuff you and others come out with about SF...it drove votes to SF last time out.
    It's similar to Paisley, who was viewed as the best PR that nationalists could get internationally...every reasonable person in the world could see where and what he was coming from.
    'May you stay forever'... Green or FG or whatever. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Why would anyone want to censor the type of stuff you and others come out with about SF...it drove votes to SF last time out.
    It's similar to Paisley, who was viewed as the best PR that nationalists could get internationally...every reasonable person in the world could see where and what he was coming from.

Good man Francie! Always there to wave the blood soden green flag and push the wretched agenda of Gerry Adams and his Merry Men while justifying their cruel and useless history - and their delusional vision of the future

Sing! Brothers Sing! "A Nation once again" Louder! Sing! SING! "A NATION ONCE AGAIN!" etc etc forever

• Registered Users Posts: 16,563 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

A problem for SF could be that if the next Government get a lot of the problems sorted it will take the wind out their sail a bit because they will have nothing to complain about.

Although it remains to be seen if that will happen or not.

In reality they are probably delighted they couldn't get in to power because the state of the country is very different to what it was last Feb.

Difficult and unpopular decisions will have to be made over the next few years to get things back on track.

If you think a single post of mine (or anyone else's on here) drove people to vote for Sinn Fein, you are quite deluded. What I or anyone else says on these boards has zero influence of any substance, it is just an entertaining diversion.

I hope nobody is posting 24/7 thinking they can influence anything.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Good man Francie! Always there to wave the blood soden green flag and push the wretched agenda of Gerry Adams and his Merry Men while justifying their cruel and useless history - and their delusional vision of the future

Sing! Brothers Sing! "A Nation once again" Louder! Sing! SING! "A NATION ONCE AGAIN!" etc etc forever

'Delusional vision'? :) Have you read the Programme for Government yet? :):)

You'll be able to get a copy when Michael Martin is throwing it out of the state car on the way back from Áras an Uachtaráin

• Advertisement

If you think a single post of mine (or anyone else's on here) drove people to vote for Sinn Fein, you are quite deluded. What I or anyone else says on these boards has zero influence of any substance, it is just an entertaining diversion.

I hope nobody is posting 24/7 thinking they can influence anything.

You were on duty long before me today blanch and a quick check shows you were here late into the night too.

Facts dear boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

A problem for SF could be that if the next Government get a lot of the problems sorted it will take the wind out their sail a bit because they will have nothing to complain about.

Although it remains to be seen if that will happen or not.

In reality they are probably delighted they couldn't get in to power because the state of the country is very different to what it was last Feb.

Difficult and unpopular decisions will have to be made over the next few years to get things back on track.
    Across the board about 15% of each party are people who can be trusted to be able to run government. The rest are glorified county council band wagon jumpers.
    The job of the three party government is to make sure the 85% do the job at local level to tie up as many votes as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

What are MTK Global doing retweeting SF posts? MTK Global are the boxing management and promotion group created by Daniel Kinehan.

B40-B64-D8-CA02-4-FC5-B91-F-8412-A148-A3-FE.png

What are MTK Global doing retweeting SF posts? MTK Global are the boxing management and promotion group created by Daniel Kinehan.

Links from the past?

What are they doing retweeting everyone from Katie Taylor to Piers Morgan to Una Mullally?

Past links? :):)

Embarrassed for you there Johnny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭celt262

Sinn Finn popped up on my FB feed for the first time in months today with Mary Lou waffling about change cannot be stopped. I must say that 90% of the comments under it are not complimentary to SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

What are they doing retweeting everyone from Katie Taylor to Piers Morgan to Una Mullally?

Wonder will any of the media ask MLD about SF rolling out the red carpet for Conlan not too long ago? SF's Janice Boylan is a relative of DK also.

jh79 wrote: »
    Wonder will any of the media ask MLD about SF rolling out the red carpet for Conlan not too long ago? SF's Janice Boylan is a relative of DK also.

So the links are current?

Are they retweeting any other political party? Or is it only Sinn Fein that they have a special relationship with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

celt262 wrote: »
    Sinn Finn popped up on my FB feed for the first time in months today with Mary Lou waffling about change cannot be stopped. I must say that 90% of the comments under it are not complimentary to SF.

It’s the same on Twitter. The endless moaning, lack of understanding of democracy, notmytaoiseach hashtags, and badly translated Irish names are just annoying people at this stage. Time to call off the troops.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

You were on duty long before me today

At long last- you have finally admitted that you are on duty.
    The truth comes out - you are here on duty for SF.

What is the pay like? Asking for a friend.

Conlan? The FG guy who glassed someone?

So the links are current?

Well, she'll always be a relative of his. SF gave Conlan the full VIP treatment for his last fight. Hopefully someone will ask MLD why it was acceptable then but not now.

atticu wrote: »
    At long last- you have finally admitted that you are on duty.
    The truth comes out - you are here on duty for SF.

What is the pay like? Asking for a friend.

Bullions and bullions! ;)

Conlan? The FG guy who glassed someone?

Mick Conlan, the boxer. Had a fight in Belfast in December. Happens to work for MTK aka Meet the Kinahans.

Mick Conlan, the boxer. Had a fight in Belfast in December. Happens to work for MTK aka Meet the Kinahans.

What's the problem with Conlan?

I supported and loved Muhammad Ali, does that mean I endorse some of the backroom boys and management/promoters?

Get a wee grip here.

What's the problem with Conlan?

I supported and loved Muhammad Ali, does that mean I endorse some of the backroom boys and management/promoters?

Get a wee grip here.

Well, MLD has a problem with the Fury fight but no problem with the Conlan fight. What's the difference?

"The future of Irish boxing and of our communities behoves us to resist the clutches of the Kinahans in the strongest possible terms."

https://www.thesun.ie/news/5537819/sinn-fein-mary-lou-mcdonald-impact-kinahans-society/

Less than a year ago posing with MTK's Conlan and i think that's SF's Janice Boylan, DK cousin, in the picture too.

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.oneill.sf/photos/%C3%A1dh-m%C3%B3r-mick-conlan-in-his-fight-this-evening-in-west-belfastthe-atmosphere-in-w/1281718571987586/

DK had some involvement in organizing the fight too.

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/boxing/5429450/boxing-bob-arum-daniel-kinahan-organising-michael-conlan-fight/

• Advertisement

Well, MLD has a problem with the Fury fight but no problem with the Conlan fight. What's the difference?

Who else had a problem?

Maybe...just fecking maybe this is what has changed things. FFS you guys are unreal.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0521/1139799-kinahan-boxing/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement