Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

Who else had a problem?

Maybe...just fecking maybe this is what has changed things. FFS you guys are unreal.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0521/1139799-kinahan-boxing/

How did that change things, DK has been involved in boxing for nearly a decade. He was involved when Conlan and Barnes signed for them.

So why is MLD suddenly concerned now about his involvement ?

Who else had a problem?

Maybe...just fecking maybe this is what has changed things. FFS you guys are unreal.

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2020/0521/1139799-kinahan-boxing/

This is from March 14th 2017

"Irish Olympic heroes Michael Conlan and Paddy Barnes can't fight in the Republic of Ireland because of their ties to mob boss Daniel Kinahan's gym, Buzz.ie can reveal."

https://www.buzz.ie/news/exclusive-mtk-fighters-including-conlan-and-barnes-banned-from-fighting-in-ireland-229131

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

jh79 wrote: »

How did that change things, DK has been involved in boxing for nearly a decade. He was involved when Conlan and Barnes signed for them.

So why is MLD suddenly concerned now about his involvement ?

Why is Leo all of a sudden concerned? Was he admonishing individual boxers and trying to implicate them in involvement with the alleged crimes of their bosses?

You couldn't support or praise most pro boxers in history if that was the case.

I'd fancy your problem with Conlan is his very evident northern republican background.

Why is Leo all of a sudden concerned? Was he admonishing individual boxers and trying to implicate them in involvement with the alleged crimes of their bosses?

You couldn't support or praise most pro boxers in history if that was the case.

I'd fancy your problem with Conlan is his very evident northern republican background.

Where in any of my posts do i say i have a problem with Conlan?

My issue here is with MLD and SF.

Can you explain the differences between the Conlan fight and the proposed Fury fight?

Where in any of my posts do i say i have a problem with Conlan?

My issue here is with MLD and SF.

Can you explain the differences between the Conlan fight and the proposed Fury fight?

Does she know Conlan personally maybe?
    Is Conlan an Irish fighter maybe?

You can have an issue with a fighter management and still admire and support the fighter you know. Has happened multiple times in boxing.

• Advertisement

Does she know Conlan personally maybe?
    Is Conlan an Irish fighter maybe?

You can have an issue with a fighter management and still admire and support the fighter you know. Has happened multiple times in boxing.

This is what she said in the papers yesterday about DK.

"The future of Irish boxing and of our communities behoves us to resist the clutches of the Kinahans in the strongest possible terms."

SF in NI gave him full VIP treatment, lots of pics of him with Pat Finucane etc. Hardly resisting in the strongest possible terms.

This is what she said in the papers yesterday about DK.

"The future of Irish boxing and of our communities behoves us to resist the clutches of the Kinahans in the strongest possible terms."

SF in NI gave him full VIP treatment, lots of pics of him with Pat Finucane etc. Hardly resisting in the strongest possible terms.

Everybody is now saying that.

Where they saying it when Conlan fought Nikitin? No they weren't...BBC, Eir Sports all happy to cover and promote the fight.

Nobody else condemning them...interceding with royal families to ask them to reassess... etc etc.

The situation has changed...politicians have reacted.

Everybody is now saying that.

Where they saying it when Conlan fought Nikitin? No they weren't...BBC, Eir Sports all happy to cover and promote the fight.

Nobody else condemning them...interceding with royal families to ask them to reassess... etc etc.

The situation has changed...politicians have reacted.

Outside of Ireland, DK isn't well known but in Ireland everyone knew and given that he and the rest of MTK were banned from fighting in the Republic prior to the Nikitin fight, SF can't use that excuse.

Outside of Ireland, DK isn't well known but in Ireland everyone knew and given that he and the rest of MTK were banned from fighting in the Republic prior to the Nikitin fight, SF can't use that excuse.

What excuse?

What excuse?

You seems to be suggesting that SF were unaware of Conlan links to Daniel Kinnahan.

• Advertisement

You seems to be suggesting that SF were unaware of Conlan links to Daniel Kinnahan.

Where?

I said...boxing has always had shady characters and criminal elements associated with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

I think what happened Kinahan went to ground after the Regency Hotel murder and MTK claimed that Kinahan sold his interest in it. Their CEO was claiming that up to làst week. I don't think Kinahan had much/anything to do with Conlon or Framtons fights.

Where?

I said...boxing has always had shady characters and criminal elements associated with it.

You also provided a link to rte and said that changed things. How did it change things?

jm08 wrote: »
    I think what happened Kinahan went to ground after the Regency Hotel murder and MTK claimed that Kinahan sold his interest in it. Their CEO was claiming that up to làst week. I don't think Kinahan had much/anything to do with Conlon or Framtons fights.

Bob Arum says otherwise.

You also provided a link to rte and said that changed things. How did it change things?

Well if it didn't 'change' things, why wasn't FG and everybody else not up in arms about Conlan's Belfast bout?
    Did any politician call for EirSport or BBC NI to boycott it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Bob Arum says otherwise.

No he didn't. Kinahan maybe behind the scenes, but he wasn't visibly involved. Certainly not visible enough that any politician/Gardai could say anything about it. I think MTKs official line is that he sold his interest to the present CEO in 2017.

Well if it didn't 'change' things, why wasn't FG and everybody else not up in arms about Conlan's Belfast bout?

Conlan was banned from fighting in the Republic so the authorities did take notice here.

I've no idea why FG said nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Because it was in a different country so why would they care.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Because it was in a different country so why would they care.

If you see Belfast as another country or 'overseas' then so is the Fury fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

...it's in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

The finest quality whataboutery as always.

Sinn Fein have been caught with their pants down cosying up to the Kinahans. It plays well with the likes of the boys in West Belfast and racist councillors from Tallaght, but it doesn't wash with the ordinary Irish people.

No other party has given the Kinahans a platform and an endorsement in the way that Sinn Fein did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Sweet F**king Jesus. The FG crowd at it again, stringing links anywhere they can find them.
    Even by the current sh*t FG lot, this is a frail connection and has nothing but hope behind it from the posters. Head over to the gangsters thread and you might find more information (better information imho) than Buzz.ie and who knew what connections lay where when the promotions started. Some familiar territory with FG there, as Twitter censors.
    They also have a short memory for the criminal connections. Wasn't there a Dublin Mayor with links to a lot of criminal (allegedly :rolleyes: ) crime/criminals eventually made pay up within the last 15 or so years?
    God knows what a journalist with balls might dig up.
    Holier than thou attitude is sickening, but clamping on to scutter is desperate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    The finest quality whataboutery as always.

Sinn Fein have been caught with their pants down cosying up to the Kinahans. It plays well with the likes of the boys in West Belfast and racist councillors from Tallaght, but it doesn't wash with the ordinary Irish people.

No other party has given the Kinahans a platform and an endorsement in the way that Sinn Fein did.

How do you feel about FG councilor O'Leary actually admiring fascists? I mean its actual not inferred or suggested. He actually admired the blue shirts.
    Was what Varadkar said about the civil service being very white better or worse than what Holohan said? Would Varadkar being the political leader of the nation not make it a bigger deal either way?
    I mean the boxing community and who ever else deals with Kinahan should be ashamed and called out IMO.
    You must be outraged by FG's O'Leary? I mean, speaking of actual racist councillors this one openly admires them.
    Also aren't SF about better conditions for asylum seekers? Doesn't add up really does it? Then we've Varadkar canvassing for Verona and then cosying up to her after her attitude on asylum seekers is known? I mean doesn't FG look more like what you are describing?
    Is this just another case of spouting general claims with no back up or inconsistent faux outrage when it suits?

Ordinary Irish people voted for SF, FF and FG and others.
    What would you call trying to make out other people are different, less than, to be vilified, scorned, not 'ordinary' based on what they might look like, where they are from or how they vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Bowie wrote: »
    How do you feel about FG councilor O'Leary actually admiring fascists? I mean its actual not inferred or suggested. He actually admired the blue shirts.
    Was what Varadkar said about the civil service being very white better or worse than what Holohan said? Would Varadkar being the political leader of the nation not make it a bigger deal either way?
    I mean the boxing community and who ever else deals with Kinahan should be ashamed and called out IMO.
    You must be outraged by FG's O'Leary? I mean, speaking of actual racist councillors this one openly admires them.
    Also aren't SF about better conditions for asylum seekers? Doesn't add up really does it? Then we've Varadkar canvassing for Verona and then cosying up to her after her attitude on asylum seekers is known? I mean doesn't FG look more like what you are describing?
    Is this just another case of spouting general claims with no back up or inconsistent faux outrage when it suits?

What would you call trying to make out other people are different, less than, to be vilified, scorned, not 'ordinary' based on what they might look like, where they are from or how they vote?

But people are different.
    Read your posting history, you've been vilifying and scoring FG and posters on here willy nilly, calling them all sorts.
    Are you calling FG now a fascist party, or any of its leaders or ministers?

Bowie wrote: »

Are you saying that FG are a party of fascists? Sometimes the inferences you draw are quite silly.

There is no doubt that current representatives of Sinn Fein have links to terrorism, yet you have no problem with that, but you go off on any tenuous link to some century-old issue with FG.

This guy Kinahan has been allowed roam the world when FG and the MOJ know he is guilty of crime. Was an attempt made to extradite him?

Who is giving who a platform again? Who is trying to shut the stable door now the horse has bolted? Who was silent for years while this guy was operating gyms and promoting fights?

Mary Lou is saying the exact same thing as Leo at the minute about the Kinahans far as I can see.

Are you saying that FG are a party of fascists? Sometimes the inferences you draw are quite silly.

There is no doubt that current representatives of Sinn Fein have links to terrorism, yet you have no problem with that, but you go off on any tenuous link to some century-old issue with FG.

For a guy admonishing me for 'whataboutery' it is absolutely fabulous to see you do it in your very next post.

Made my day that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Mary Lous spin on the Pat Kenny show today was something to behold.

Apparently the 75% approval rate for Varadkar is down to her lot chipping in.

Imagine if she could put that kind of mental effort into helping the victims of IRA child rapists and murderers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Mary Lous spin on the Pat Kenny show today was something to behold.

Apparently the 75% approval rate for Varadkar is down to her lot chipping in.

Imagine if she could put that kind of mental effort into helping the victims of IRA child rapists and murderers.

She's a spent force, soon to be deposed as SF El Presidente by Himmler lookalike, Eoin O Broin?

• Advertisement

This guy Kinahan has been allowed roam the world when FG and the MOJ know he is guilty of crime. Was an attempt made to extradite him?

Who is giving who a platform again? Who is trying to shut the stable door now the horse has bolted? Who was silent for years while this guy was operating gyms and promoting fights?

Mary Lou is saying the exact same thing as Leo at the minute about the Kinahans far as I can see.

The Sinn Fein fanboys on here were up in arms over Leo having his photo taken with Miley Cyrus and Kylie Minogue.

Yet, Mary-Lou and Michelle can have their pictures taken with associates of the Kinahans and there is nothing to see.

This stuff couldn't be made-up.

P.S. I'm glad you said "at the minute", because up until a very short time ago, MAry-Lou had no problem with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement