Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    The Sinn Fein fanboys on here were up in arms over Leo having his photo taken with Miley Cyrus and Kylie Minogue.

Yet, Mary-Lou and Michelle can have their pictures taken with associates of the Kinahans and there is nothing to see.

This stuff couldn't be made-up.

P.S. I'm glad you said "at the minute", because up until a very short time ago, MAry-Lou had no problem with them.

Why did FG let him promote and run fights in Ireland when they were in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,883 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

The Sinn Fein fanboys on here were up in arms over Leo having his photo taken with Miley Cyrus and Kylie Minogue.

Yet, Mary-Lou and Michelle can have their pictures taken with associates of the Kinahans and there is nothing to see.

P.S. I'm glad you said "at the minute", because up until a very short time ago, MAry-Lou had no problem with them.

Neither had Leo. I researched the time of Conlan's fight...not a peep out of Leo that I can find.

Apparently that was because the fight was in 'another country' according to a poster here.

Here is Mary Lou in the Dáil in 2017...'cosying up' to the Kinihan's. :)

They were reacting to the murder of Michael Keogh (37) in Drumcondra yesterday. He is believed to the 13th victim of the Hutch-Kinahan feud which has plagued the north inner city since the Regency Hotel murder just over a year ago. McDonald described the killing as a “ruthless murder”, saying “these gangsters walk our streets with impunity”.

She said people are “literally terrified” and the Government is “contributing to an environment which allows this feud flourish”.

The Sinn Féin TD argued that Gardaí are not being given adequate resources to deal with the problem.

Frances Fitzgerald busy making excuses. https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/furious-row-erupts-in-the-dail-over-gangland-killings-35778316.html

She's a spent force, soon to be deposed as SF El Presidente by Himmler lookalike, Eoin O Broin?

She led Sinn Fein to their best election results in Decades.

Leo led Fine Gael to their worst election results in Decades.

Now tell me who is the spent force?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Leo (locally & on the world stage) is being hailed as a strong and stable leader, very statesmanlike and sure footed during this Covid crisis.

Mary Lou is nothing but an old windbag. She came in on the crest of a wave as the new Fuhrer of SF, untarnished by a terrorist past, and yet she has blown her load big time, so much so, that now she's grasping at straws, out of puff and out of gas (thank God).

High & mighty, vocal & loud, brash & bold ....

But to what end? Always on the attack, always hurling negative grenades at the opposition, and even after Leo has played a blinder, she wants to pull him down. The woman is an empty vessel.

Leo (locally & on the world stage) is being hailed as a strong and stable leader, very statesmanlike and sure footed during this Covid crisis.

Mary Lou is nothing but an old windbag. She came in on the crest of a wave as the new Fuhrer of SF, untarnished by a terrorist past, and yet she has blown her load big time, so much so, that now she's grasping at straws, out of puff and out of gas (thank God).

High & mighty, vocal & loud, brash & bold ....

But to what end? Always on the attack, always hurling negative grenades at the opposition, and even after Leo has played a blinder, she wants to pull him down. The woman is an empty vessel.

Eh did you miss the recent elections, she put Leo in his box and shut the lid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Eh did you miss the recent elections, she put Leo in his box and shut the lid.

She put the Taoiseach back in his box :rolleyes:

Honestly, what a load of tosh. The Shinners secured approx a third of the vote, that's one third, not a half or two thirds, just one third, and then failed to form a Government with the rest of the leftovers :)

Leo to become Taoiseach again, and what has Mary Lou got to show for it? ZILCH.

Honestly, what a load of tosh. The Shinners secured approx a third of the vote, that's one third, not a half or two thirds, just one third, and then failed to form a Government with the rest of the left :)

Leo to become Taoiseach again, and what has Mary Lou hit to show for it? ZILCH.

If this deal goes through, Leo will be stepping aside as Taoiseach to allow John Delaney oops sorry... Michael Martin to be Taoiseach.

Honestly, what a load of tosh. The Shinners secured approx a third of the vote, that's one third, not a half or two thirds, just one third, and then failed to form a Government with the rest of the leftovers :)

Oh this deal has been signed has it? Someone better tell the Greens (especially the ones in the North who rely on SF transfers)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

do you just make up these fanboy things or whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

they got more votes than most other parties - I know you find that hard to swallow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

This guy Kinahan has been allowed roam the world when FG and the MOJ know he is guilty of crime. Was an attempt made to extradite him?

Who is giving who a platform again? Who is trying to shut the stable door now the horse has bolted? Who was silent for years while this guy was operating gyms and promoting fights?

Mary Lou is saying the exact same thing as Leo at the minute about the Kinahans far as I can see.

Lots of people are allowed to roam the world when people know they are guilty of a crime. Do you want me to start listing names?

As you regularly point out when defending those thugs, they are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Unfortunately, what you don't do is associate yourself with them. Sinn Fein have a long history of associating themselves with such alleged thugs.

Lots of people are allowed to roam the world when people know they are guilty of a crime. Do you want me to start listing names?

As you regularly point out when defending those thugs, they are innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Unfortunately, what you don't do is associate yourself with them. Sinn Fein have a long history of associating themselves with such alleged thugs.

Why is Leo now saying Kinahan shouldnt be involved in boxing and sticking his nose in?

He never done this when he organised Michael Conlons fights.

You know why, because it looks good in the media! Alot better him coming out with this than a speech from a movie

More of your despicable lies and misrepresenting.

You are by far the most dishonest poster here. Not a word about being proven wrong by 2017 evidence of MLMD calling these people despicable murders.

Pointless asking you to back up where I defended thugs, you will do your usual cowardly misrepresenting stunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

maccored wrote: »
    they got more votes than most other parties - I know you find that hard to swallow

The issue isn't their votes
    The issue is why they couldn't block this potential new government by negotiating an alternative including with the greens, did they even reply to Richard Boyd Barrett after?
    Sinn Fein got a significant protest vote
    Instead of growing and harnessing that, they've fluttered it away now by allowing the centre and right of centre 5 years to appease it instead and win most of it back whilst making the soft float available for labour and soc dems
    I think ye need an inquiry when the dust settles with the objective of plugging what's bound to be I expect a leaky boat, less and less people will want to step on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

But people are different.
    Read your posting history, you've been vilifying and scoring FG and posters on here willy nilly, calling them all sorts.
    Are you calling FG now a fascist party, or any of its leaders or ministers?

That's not true. I call them out on guff and on occasion stoop to their level when responding and always in context.
    I'm saying Blanch's generalised anecdotal comments on SF might be more suited to FG based on actual things said and things done by FG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Are you saying that FG are a party of fascists? Sometimes the inferences you draw are quite silly.

There is no doubt that current representatives of Sinn Fein have links to terrorism, yet you have no problem with that, but you go off on any tenuous link to some century-old issue with FG.

Very dishonest. Councilor O'Leary isn't historical. Stop codding.
    You read my comment and questions. Either respond or don't. This is no more than an effort to dodge and change the narrative.

Nobody bothers with you anymore.

Nobody gives a **** what the IRA done in the past (especially here, as nobody gives a **** about the North). They are gone. The PIRA or whatever they are called this weather hate Sinn Fein

Mortelaro wrote: »
    The issue isn't their votes
    The issue is why they couldn't block this potential new government by negotiating an alternative including with the greens, did they even reply to Richard Boyd Barrett after?
    Sinn Fein got a significant protest vote
    Instead of growing and harnessing that, they've fluttered it away now by allowing the centre and right of centre 5 years to appease it instead and win most of it back whilst making the soft float available for labour and soc dems
    I think ye need an inquiry when the dust settles with the objective of plugging what's bound to be I expect a leaky boat, less and less people will want to step on

I have to say, I admire your confidence that they have any hope of winning 'back' voters.

More of your despicable lies and misrepresenting.

You are by far the most dishonest poster here. Not a word about being proven wrong by 2017 evidence of MLMD calling these people despicable murders.

Pointless asking you to back up where I defended thugs, you will do your usual cowardly misrepresenting stunt.

Slab Murphy.

Slab Murphy.

Where did I 'defend' Slab Murphy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

I have to say, I admire your confidence that they have any hope of winning 'back' voters.

I have an unerring faith in human nature
    To capture the disaffected, you have to have disaffected
    Dedisaffect them, love bomb them mooney style effectively is the open goal SF has handed this new government
    An opportunity knocked and an opportunity has been lost

Can't wait to hear the response to this

maccored wrote: »

Then why did they make no effort to form a government?

Then why did they make no effort to form a government?

The numbers weren't there...looks more and more likely they aren't there for FF, FG and the Greens too.

128 days wasted because they are all running scared of being blamed for another election?

The numbers weren't there...looks more and more likely they aren't there for FF, FG and the Greens too.

128 days wasted because they are all running scared of being blamed for another election?

Of course the numbers were there. Even without FF and FG. SF just didn’t try.

The numbers are there. They are there for every party, that is just a silly excuse.

Just compromise and negotiate a common Programme for Government. It is the art of the possible.

Let us be fair to FF/FG/Greens. They have showed that they have the ability to get together and negotiate something. Yes, they may have problems getting it over the line, but their leaders have put a shoulder to the wheel.

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I have an unerring faith in human nature
    To capture the disaffected, you have to have disaffected
    Dedisaffect them, love bomb them mooney style effectively is the open goal SF has handed this new government
    An opportunity knocked and an opportunity has been lost

I am not wading through the sludge of the old Politics Cafe to find the relevant posts, but Francie defended the endorsement of Slab Murphy as a good republican. He knows it, everyone knows it, why pretend otherwise?

The numbers are there. They are there for every party, that is just a silly excuse.

Just compromise and negotiate a common Programme for Government. It is the art of the possible.

Let us be fair to FF/FG/Greens. They have showed that they have the ability to get together and negotiate something. Yes, they may have problems getting it over the line, but their leaders have put a shoulder to the wheel.

That is the point that people are ignoring or missing. They are putting the country first. The fallout from the Covid pandemic will be monumental and tough decisions will have to be made. The fickle electorate will punish whoever makes those decisions. Kudos to Leo, Michael and Eamon for stepping up.

I am not wading through the sludge of the old Politics Cafe to find the relevant posts, but Francie defended the endorsement of Slab Murphy as a good republican. He knows it, everyone knows it, why pretend otherwise?

Gerry Adams is entitled to his view of Slab Murphy.

You said
    As you regularly point out when defending those thugs,
    and have once again failed to back that up.

Defending everybody's right to a fair trial is NOT defending thuggery.

If you got your way the likes of Sil Fox would be well into a prison sentence now merely because somebody alleged he sexually assaulted them.

• Advertisement

So you cant show when he defended him. Thats a surprise :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement