Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Wonder what position we will drop when FG are out of Govt and all their corruption is revealed.

If you have evidence you should report it to the relevant authorities

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Wonder what position we will drop when FG are out of Govt and all their corruption is revealed.

Nice way to explain the inevitable crash in the index if Sinn Fein ever end up in government, we would be lucky to be top 100 if they ever get their hands on the levers of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,880 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    Nice way to explain the inevitable crash in the index if Sinn Fein ever end up in government, we would be lucky to be top 100 if they ever get their hands on the levers of power.

Francis, your posts are becoming more juvenile by the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Mortelaro wrote: »
    I see,so you like posting unsubstantiated claims
    Quelle surprise

Same as most things said about SF

• Advertisement

Francis, your posts are becoming more juvenile by the day.

Why is that Maryanne84?

If you think a government is going to be so corrupt it will 'inevitably crash the index' of corruption...should you not be taking your evidence of this claim to the relevant authorities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Same as most things said about SF

Like what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Why is that Maryanne84?

If you think a government is going to be so corrupt it will 'inevitably crash the index' of corruption...should you not be taking your evidence of this claim to the relevant authorities?

No because it hasn't happened yet

How can I have evidence of something that hasn't happened yet?

I hold the opinion that if Sinn Fein get into government, the level of corruption in Ireland will increase, and we will fall down the corruption index. What in that should be reported?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Yes indeed, 18th position in a table of 179 is a good result (top 10% thereabouts). The spread among the top 20 is small also. It puts Ireland in the same light as Belgium, Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany. You know, mature centrist democracies with a liberal social agenda and a healthy respect for free market economics.

The 'perception' index is constructed as a composite of numerous surveys and data gathering exercises compiled by reputable expert institutions globally. Arguing over the word perception is a bit like arguing over the 'theory' part in the theory of evolution.
    Its not just South American countries (like the SF beloved Venezuela or Colombia) that struggle for credibility. That other pillar of SF's international brotherhood, Greece, is not to hot either.

SF don't like Colombia much. It's a very right-wing, free-market country with close ties to the US.

• Advertisement

How can I have evidence of something that hasn't happened yet?

I hold the opinion that if Sinn Fein get into government, the level of corruption in Ireland will increase, and we will fall down the corruption index. What in that should be reported?

So your opinion is not based on any evidence...it's just the 'opinion' of somebody who is legend in their irrational (non evidence based) hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭threeball

Don't worry SF would give us all a big grant and a few pound to go on holidays to offset the effects if such a crash should happen. We'd be the most recession prove country in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

I see SF abstained on the SCC vote. Softening up for an offer from FF? Or because Bobby Storey is no longer calling the shots on policy?

I see SF abstained on the SCC vote. Softening up for an offer from FF? Or because Bobby Storey is no longer calling the shots on policy?

Sure its Slab calling the shots.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Sure its Slab calling the shots.

Slab hasn't called the shots in many years, dude. It's Gerry, Ted, Bobby (RIP) and the others from Ballymurphy and West Belfast who call the shot these days. The Derry, Tyrone, Armagh and Fermanagh reps are the equivalent of the Healy Raes when it comes to the backroom team.

Slab hasn't called the shots in many years, dude. It's Gerry, Ted, Bobby (RIP) and the others from Ballymurphy and West Belfast who call the shot these days. The Derry, Tyrone, Armagh and Fermanagh reps are the equivalent of the Healy Raes when it comes to the backroom team.

I think do all do Skype calls, Kim Jong-Un does be on too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Marylou appeared the other day signing the book of condolences for the poor garda, that was killed last week.
    Martin Kenny gave glowing oration about him in the, Dáil today.
    Not many years ago SF td and entourage picked a hero garda killer on his release from prison.
    Whisked him off to glorify his sacrifice for ould Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I think do all do Skype calls, Kim Jong-Un does be on too

It was the stickies who went for the North Korean fake $100 bills, dude.

The provos tended to do most of their diplomacy work in north Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yes indeed, 18th position in a table of 179 is a good result (top 10% thereabouts). The spread among the top 20 is small also. It puts Ireland in the same light as Belgium, Australia, Austria, Canada, Germany. You know, mature centrist democracies with a liberal social agenda and a healthy respect for free market economics.

The 'perception' index is constructed as a composite of numerous surveys and data gathering exercises compiled by reputable expert institutions globally. Arguing over the word perception is a bit like arguing over the 'theory' part in the theory of evolution.
    Its not just South American countries (like the SF beloved Venezuela or Colombia) that struggle for credibility. That other pillar of SF's international brotherhood, Greece, is not to hot either.
    It's not really, and it's not either. Belgium are the only country with a similar score of the five you mentioned. And 'perception' isn't really what I was arguing. It is a bull**** index. Corruption can be measured at an estimation barely, and not accurately except in countries where it is so widely accepted that people don't really care. Unless the people engaged in the corruption are completely inept.

You are correct, the data only starts from 2012 on a comparative basis.

What is interesting is that Ireland's performance has improved since 2012 by 7.2%, increasing the score from 69 to 74, indicating that Ireland has progressively become a less corrupt country under these Fine Gael governments.

We don't know how good it or bad it was before then?
    I would argue that it isn't interesting at all. According to that table it has got worse since 2015.

And seeing as you think that the hospital beds and homeless crises are fake, as they dropped during lockdown it doesn't really surprise me that you again see only the good in FG as a Green voter.. :rolleyes:

Marylou appeared the other day signing the book of condolences for the poor garda, that was killed last week.
    Not many years ago SF td and entourage picked a hero garda killer on his release from prison.

There were two deaths in the last week worthy of comment by Sinn Fein - Bobby Storey and Colm Horkan.

https://www.thejournal.ie/colm-horkan-tributes-dail-5131647-Jun2020/

"Sinn Féin’s Mary Lou McDonald wished “heartfelt condolences” to the family and friends of Garda Horkan, as well as to the wider community and An Garda Síochána.

“An honourable and brave man has been lost,” she said. "

This is the Bobby Storey one, which I won't repeat, save to say that it is nauseatingly long.

https://www.sinnfein.ie/contents/57204

The contrast between the two is stark. One was an Irish public servant who gave his life in the conduct of his work for all of us, the other was a criminal terrorist thug who caused countless misery to thousands of people.

Yet Mary-Lou went over the top in respect of the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Stay in the 1980s or move on. Look at what happened between 1923 and 1932 when FF were elected. SF abstained yesterday in the vote against the O.A.S. Act.
    They are slowly but surely moving towards the centre but of course have the few "up the Ra" dinosaurs still there. As Mary Lou would say "the demographics will take care of that"
    If things go their way Friday they could be in government in a week.

Edgware wrote: »
    Stay in the 1980s or move on. Look at what happened between 1923 and 1932 when FF were elected. SF abstained yesterday in the vote against the O.A.S. Act.
    They are slowly but surely moving towards the centre but of course have the few "up the Ra" dinosaurs still there. As Mary Lou would say "the demographics will take care of that"
    If things go their way Friday they could be in government in a week.

Why wait a week? Why not the day after the election?

Didnt have the numbers as FF and FG wont talk to them about forming a Govt (well FF will tomorrow night if the Greens dont say yes). You know this but sure keep saying it

There were two deaths in the last week worthy of comment by Sinn Fein - Bobby Storey and Colm Horkan.

"Sinn Féin’s Mary Lou McDonald wished “heartfelt condolences” to the family and friends of Garda Horkan, as well as to the wider community and An Garda Síochána.

This is the Bobby Storey one, which I won't repeat, save to say that it is nauseatingly long.

The contrast between the two is stark. One was an Irish public servant who gave his life in the conduct of his work for all of us, the other was a criminal terrorist thug who caused countless misery to thousands of people.

I managed to get through the week without reading any of the above.

Do you seek stuff out to get offended at?

I wouldn't take advantage of tragic deaths to politicise them even though I could.

Bizarre personal principles there blanch...anyone's tragedy is ok for exploitation if there is a dig to be got at your boogeyman party...pretty disgusting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

OK once more for the last time.
    37 SEATS IS NOT A MAJORITY IN DAIL EIREANN.
    MICKEY MOUSE CALCULATIONS MAY WORK IN SF ECONOMIC POLICY BUT NOT ELSEWHERE

The other was a freedom fighter.

One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

The other was a freedom fighter.

One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Freedom fighter.

:D:D:D:D:D

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Freedom fighter.

:D:D:D:D:D

Yes what Catholics went through in the North was a disgrace (My Parents were 2 of them) You should read about it, while the Govt down here done nothing about it.

Nelson Mandela calls them Freedom Fighters but clowns like you on internet laugh about it all

I managed to get through the week without reading any of the above.

Do you seek stuff out to get offended at?

I wouldn't take advantage of tragic deaths to politicise them even though I could.

Bizarre personal principles there blanch...anyone's tragedy is ok for exploitation if there is a dig to be got at your boogeyman party...pretty disgusting really.

Yes, defend Mary-Lou by attacking her critics.

Whether or not I seek stuff out to get offended at is not the issue, whether or not you managed to see it is not the issue, the issue, which you are so keen to avoid is that Sinn Fein continue to eulogise evil men while public servants killed in the line of duty get barely a passing mention.

Mary-Lou is a public figure, she shouldn't be eulogising evil terrorists.

• Advertisement

Yes, defend Mary-Lou by attacking her critics.

Whether or not I seek stuff out to get offended at is not the issue, whether or not you managed to see it is not the issue, the issue, which you are so keen to avoid is that Sinn Fein continue to eulogise evil men while public servants killed in the line of duty get barely a passing mention.

Mary-Lou is a public figure, she shouldn't be eulogising evil terrorists.

What you are in denial of and will continue to deny, is that SF do not see them as 'evil terrorists'.
    Just as FF and FG do not see the men and women who fought for independence as 'evil or terrorists'.

You are entitled to your view of them and history...you are not entitled to enforce your view on anybody else though and you are actually wasting your time and energy attempting to do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement