Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

blackwhite wrote: »
    I see SF are nominating Paddy Holohan for mayor of SDCC.

Clearly there were some severe consequences from the disciplinary action they took in January :rolleyes:

An extremely unusual decision. Even though when you have the likes of Murray and Ellis in a party then you shouldn’t be too surprised. Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

An extremely unusual decision. Even though when you have the likes of Murray and Ellis in a party then you shouldn’t be too surprised. Lie down with dogs, wake up with fleas.

Ellis is a good man of integrity. He was in solidarity with his base when he took home the average wage.... oh wait...

Paddy is the SF version of George Lee. Just has a name so they use him

• Registered Users Posts: 27,931 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

blackwhite wrote: »
    I see SF are nominating Paddy Holohan for mayor of SDCC.

Clearly there were some severe consequences from the disciplinary action they took in January :rolleyes:

I was astonished to read this.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/sinn-fein-hierarchy-claims-it-was-not-aware-paddy-holohan-would-get-nomination-for-mayor-39319362.html

Unbelievable stuff. Imagine nominating a racist homophobe for mayor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

blanch152 wrote: »

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/sinn-fein-hierarchy-claims-it-was-not-aware-paddy-holohan-would-get-nomination-for-mayor-39319362.html

The IRA still at large perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Not unbelievable. This is S.F.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Crazy ****. And a real turn off for those of us looking for alternatives to FF & FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Gotta feel sorry for the poor volunteers that SF send out to blindly defend this one.

It’s up there with happyman and his staunch defences of the paedo Liam Adams when it comes to Parnell Square asking the acolytes to take one for the team

smurgen wrote: »
    Crazy ****. And a real turn off for those of us looking for alternatives to FF & FG.

Welcome to realS.F.
    Don't be upset. You were not the first to be fooled by the propaganda aimed at the useful idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Notmything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

They are not pleased by the way things have turned out with the coalition deal.

Had another election been called and they did as well as polls are saying, or even as well as January, and ran multiple candidates they would have been looking at up to 50 seats.

That would have guaranteed them a place in government most likely.

We may be grateful that did not come to pass despite the cost being having the wacky Greens in power.

If virus remains under control and economy picks up shinners will be in bad place.

Especially as the extremely poor quality of their TDs, councillors and senators will be exposed. Sure to be more scandals too. Would not be surprised if Big Bobby's death leads to more revelations regarding MI5/Branch control of the upper echelons of their militia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

He's no business even thinking he can go for that roll.

No Councilor O'Leary treatment though? Not too busy with covid to dismiss it? Not a throwaway remark? You've either an issue with holohan and an issue with O'Leary or neither IMO O'Leary was much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Bowie wrote: »

No Councilor O'Leary treatment though? Not too busy with covid to dismiss it? Not a throwaway remark? You've either an issue with holohan and an issue with O'Leary or neither IMO O'Leary was much worse.

Only came onto this thread for the pathetic whataboutery, so thank you.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    They are not pleased by the way things have turned out with the coalition deal.

Had another election been called and they did as well as polls are saying, or even as well as January, and ran multiple candidates they would have been looking at up to 50 seats.

That would have guaranteed them a place in government most likely.

We may be grateful that did not come to pass despite the cost being having the wacky Greens in power.

If virus remains under control and economy picks up shinners will be in bad place.

Especially as the extremely poor quality of their TDs, councillors and senators will be exposed. Sure to be more scandals too. Would not be surprised if Big Bobby's death leads to more revelations regarding MI5/Branch control of the upper echelons of their militia.

Now now now. Don't be insinuating about S.F. heads cosy relationship with British intelligence. It will damage the Peace Process

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The outrage on the Friends Who Support Sinn Fein Facebook page makes for great reading......

"Yes we want another election we did not vot foer ye power grabing ***** But it all about the money in the endSold ye vote just liks judis done Enjoy while ye can yer days are numbered And ye will be history get up on you bike and toddle on Ye wount have a gaverment if the people dont support ye Not my goverment"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

zoobizoo wrote: »
    The outrage on the Friends Who Support Sinn Fein Facebook page makes for great reading......

I fear several of the SF twitterati may never vote green again. :pac:

https://twitter.com/Revolution_IRL/status/1276624332198948864

• Registered Users Posts: 55,704 ✭✭✭✭walshb

What’s this Paddy Holohan talk of South Dublin Msyor..

What are SF at...

Who are they attracting to their ranks.....?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

zoobizoo wrote: »

"Yes we want another election we did not vot foer ye power grabing ***** But it all about the money in the endSold ye vote just liks judis done Enjoy while ye can yer days are numbered And ye will be history get up on you bike and toddle on Ye wount have a gaverment if the people dont support ye Not my goverment"

I’m not so sure Holohan’s sort of views are actually that uncommon amongst some of SF’s new voter base. I’ll be polite and just say a lot of them don’t strike me as the most politically nuanced or knowledgeable of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I’m not so sure Holohan’s sort of views are actually that uncommon amongst some of SF’s new voter base. I’ll be polite and just say a lot of them don’t strike me as the most politically nuanced or knowledgeable of people.

Saw a lot of Ireland first comments on the page... jokes about Varadkar's sexuality..... comments about his heritage.....

Someone the other day posted up a clip from Fox News!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Bowie wrote: »

There it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Edgware wrote: »
    Welcome to realS.F.
    Don't be upset. You were not the first to be fooled by the propaganda aimed at the useful idiots

Useful idiots we might be now but efforts need to be made to reform the party into the progressive party it can be.i believe those that were looking to SF as an opportunity for change could greatly refine the party. Time will tell as from what I can see there's alot of people angry at this nomination now. Hopefully that scumbag is booted out and those that put him there reprimanded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

https://twitter.com/unakavanagh/status/1217868594165489664

Also doesn't include his part about underage girls having sex with older men and then blackmailing them.

Party of the people - unless you are an immigrant, of immigrant descent, a woman or gay.

I fear several of the SF twitterati may never vote green again. :pac:

https://twitter.com/Revolution_IRL/status/1276624332198948864

"Betrayed"!!!

This from a party that ended 30 years of conflict by agreeing to run the 6 counties for the Brits, and spent ten years implementing Tory "ozterrity" while whinging about every trivial thing down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

"Betrayed"!!!

This from a party that ended 30 years of conflict by agreeing to run the 6 counties for the Brits, and spent ten years implementing Tory "ozterrity" while whinging about every trivial thing down here.

Actually the role and power of the devolved UK assemblies are limited, so SF's hands are tied to some extent, a point that seems to be comfortably forgotten both sometimes here and more importantly by ROI politicians.

By all means be critical on candidate selection e.g. Paddy Holohan (in my opinion, that does seem not sensible) but you just cannot compare devolved government administration to national governments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

walshb wrote: »
    What’s this Paddy Holohan talk of South Dublin Msyor..

What are SF at...

Who are they attracting to their ranks.....?!

Condemned by Eoin O Broin this morning on RTE. He was asked if SF were going to withdraw and he said something to the effect that they would except that the new mayor is already elected (a FF I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

smurgen wrote: »
    Useful idiots we might be now but efforts need to be made to reform the party into the progressive party it can be.i believe those that were looking to SF as an opportunity for change could greatly refine the party. Time will tell as from what I can see there's alot of people angry at this nomination now. Hopefully that scumbag is booted out and those that put him there reprimanded.

Speaking then, Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald launched disciplinary proceedings, saying Mr Holohan’s comments were “beyond offensive” and “vile”.
    “I actually find them upsetting,” she said.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/%C3%B3-broin-says-nomination-of-sinn-f%C3%A9in-s-paddy-holohan-s-for-mayor-wrong-1.4289812

Cal4567 wrote: »
    Actually the role and power of the devolved UK assemblies are limited, so SF's hands are tied to some extent, a point that seems to be comfortably forgotten both sometimes here and more importantly by ROI politicians.

Being part of any British administration in Ireland is totally against any notion of republicanism.

Pity they didn't see the light before thousands including the hunger strikers and hundreds of Volunteers died for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Being part of any British administration in Ireland is totally against any notion of republicanism.

Pity they didn't see the light before thousands including the hunger strikers and hundreds of Volunteers died for nothing.

Are you voicing support for the dissidents there?

Are you voicing support for the dissidents there?

If the Provos couldnt beat the Brits, a gang of retro Provos are not going to!

Armed struggle failed. You don't have to be a "dissident" to realise that the shinners have sold out on everything the republican movement stood for, and for which thousands died for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,879 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

If the Provos couldnt beat the Brits, a gang of retro Provos are not going to!

Armed struggle failed. You don't have to be a "dissident" to realise that the shinners have sold out on everything the republican movement stood for, and for which thousands died for no reason.

People died because an artificially created sectarian statlet imploded as it was always going to do if the people responsible for it didn't ensure parity of esteem and equality of opportunity and rights.
    That was achieved.

You are having a dissident style whinge about 'selling out' because having achieved all that and more it was decided to create a UI using political means?

Go you!

• Advertisement

Parity of esteem my ar$e.

It was about bringing about a 32 county Republic.

So it failed.

Shinners have nothing that could not have been gotten had IRA surrendered in 1973 after Sunningdale instead of wasting another 21 years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement