Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,867 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Bonniedog wrote: »
    They protected him for years as they did other rapists.

I have already agreed here that what happened with L. Adams was wrong. They made a huge huge mistake.

I am even on record here as saying I thought G. Adams should have resigned over it. He didn't.
    He apologised and accepted his mistakes and his party accepted that.

In contrast, when one of his party was criticised for his handling of an abuse case, in a high profile campaign (which he could not have missed) Michael Martin went to ground and as far as I know has yet to address the family making the claims. Yet he took to the steps of the Dáil to make political capital out of another alleged victim of abuse.

Whose tongue is more forked just looking at those two cases?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Protests and demonstrations against unpopular actions of a government are a normal part of democracy.

Protests and demonstrations against the democratic formation of a democratic government are a sinister development reminiscent of early 1930s Germany.

Twisting the argument made by others in a post is a function of Sinn Fein supporters.

The formation of this government is an 'unpopular action'. How do we know this? Because there will be demonstrations about it.

No twisting going on. Trying to compare this to the actions of fascists is the 'twisting'. You did it before about other protests.
    You don't like anyone to contest the actions of FG...we get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

A party who got 24% of the vote organising a protest against democracy is a bit sinister, no?

Who is organising this protest btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,913 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

McMurphy wrote: »

Francie seems to be the most knowledgable about the protest, you could ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Fair enough, I will give you that one regarding the Beard. Your calling for him to go that is, not the shameful way they handled it.

And BTW, I would not make excuses for any cover up of any sexual abuse, be it from political party, church, sporting organisation or whatever.

• Advertisement

:) I actually think it's a PBP event mainly.

But the Shinners something something.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/groups-to-protest-in-dublin-against-government-involving-two-main-parties-986375.html

Francie seems to be the most knowledgable about the protest, you could ask him.

Poor old gill makes an arse biscuit post.

I ask old gill to clarify his post.

Blanch responds to my query to old gill asking me to take it up with Francie.

As an aside, did my eyes deceive me, or did I not see you post earlier in full acknowledgment that Sinn Fein didn't have anything to do with this organised protest planned for today?
    Francie, the point you are clearly missing, is that what you are calling for (and to be fair, I don't see Sinn Fein calling for it) is street protests against a recent democratic outcome to a recent democratic electoral process.

Yet when he made the post, which clearly insinuates the shinners organised it, despite this being completely factually wrong, and you knowing it to be wrong, you "thank" his post?

Did someone say something about fork tongues a couple of minutes ago may I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

SFPBP all the one now anyway.
    The Spare Change Alliance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Bonniedog wrote: »
    As someone said: "The first election the shinners win will be the last election."

It will be a shock to all the wasters who vote for them.

They will be told to go on training courses like they currently are. :D

They already get free housing and healthcare so you cant say SF will give them that.

The only reference I ever seen about this was on twitter linked to RBB/PBP.

Either old gill is completely clueless and just posting stuff plucked from his nether regions, or old gill was deliberately trying to pull the wool over the other uninformed posters eyes.

Flip a coin.

• Advertisement

Poor old gill makes an arse biscuit post.

I ask old gill to clarify his post.

Blanch responds to my query to old gill asking me to take it up with Francie.

As an aside, did my eyes deceive me, or did I not see you post earlier in full acknowledgment that Sinn Fein didn't have anything to do with this organised protest planned for today?

Yet when he made the post, which clearly insinuates the shinners organised it, despite this being completely factually wrong, and you knowing it to be wrong, you "thank" his post?

Did someone say something about fork tongues a couple of minutes ago may I ask?

It's any punch will do stuff from blanch again.

The 1930's Germany stuff ...didn't we hear all that before about water protests etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 JOBSOXO

Your right, the bloody cheek of them using their franchise. Who the hell do they think they are ?.

It's any punch will do stuff from blanch again.

The 1930's Germany stuff ...didn't we hear all that before about water protests etc?

Anything that gets a dig, no matter of its authenticity, blanch is like the Churchill dog from the insurance commercial nodding along in agreement. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Anything that gets a dig, no matter of its authenticity, blanch is like the Churchill dog from the insurance commercial nodding along in agreement. :D

You watch British tv :eek:

Mortelaro wrote: »
    You watch British tv :eek:

I don't really watch much TV at all Morty British or otherwise, but I've 4 kids who do, and that dog always made me want to throw a lump hammer through the telly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

It will be a shock to all the wasters who vote for them.

They will be told to go on training courses like they currently are. :D

They already get free housing and healthcare so you cant say SF will give them that.

good to see you havent a clue about the SF base vote then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

maccored wrote: »
    good to see you havent a clue about the SF base vote then

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/the-view-from-clondalkin-if-sinn-f%C3%A9in-don-t-get-in-there-will-be-marches-1.4180858

Its mainly the victim classes who vote for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

It is a strange vote, and it balanced well for them in January.

Main components are:

Republicans who haven't woken up and realised SF is now partitionist

Nationalists who think SF is still suspicious of EU expansion

The social welfare protest vote - which they got out last time

The woke vote that used to go to Labour.

And the usual TD vote where they have good reps like Crowe, Stanley, O Caoláin, Ferris, Ellis. Most of rest are useless backed by jokes of councillors. Which is why they bombed in locals and will do again.

Can they hold that together for another go like January? Possibly. But one suspects last time was their best shot at it. A lot of the 24.5% won't vote SF again if they think they won't be in power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

how does that article prove what you have said? It doesnt. I know more SF voters at my income level than SF voters on the dole. My hearsay trumps your hearsay (to me anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Where have SF published constant homophobic comments on a website or the 'Jewish' thing with Harris?

You are not the reader of my comments that you say you are. I have been called everything from a murderer, apologist for pedophilia to scum on here. And the female members of SF are constantly denigrated and demeaned on this very site.
    I am not denying nasty things are said by those supporting SF either. All parties have their bombastic and ignorant.

Just reading this now I think I missed it. You misunderstood what I said. I said I have never witness the level of caustic insults like I have recently, not that I have never witnessed. I think all abuse should stop with everybody as its pointless and is not befitting of anyone who is genuinely engaged and interested in political discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

maccored wrote: »
    how does that article prove what you have said? It doesnt. I know more SF voters at my income level than SF voters on the dole. My hearsay trumps your hearsay (to me anyway)

Id agree, given that they got to twenty something per cent of the vote, I think the idea that it is just scroungers voting for them should be put to bed. Anecdotally, I know people reasonably well paid who voted for them because of housing issues which is understandable. Separately, do I think SF would solve our problems? Not in a month of Sundays.

Whether they can maintain or grow that vote remains to be seen, especially with the huge recession we are facing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

So speaks the forked tongue again.

If Sinn Fein are in power in the North, how do you explain the horrific way they treated those who lost their jobs because of Covid-19 with miniscule social welfare payments?..............oh wait, they are not in power in the North, because the UK are in control.............................So if the North administration is not in control of the North, why did the IRA surrender to the GFA?...................................the IRA did not surrender, they won.....................Then why don't we have a united Ireland?

And so it goes around and around. The forked tongue of republicanism, whereby no responsibility falls on Sinn Fein or the IRA, that it is always someone else's fault, that they lie and dissemble and contradict themselves, over and over again.

This, so this.

SF/PIRA sued for peace so they can have a joint assembly with Unionists, but then when push comes to shove, sure Westminster rules the lot, right??
    So then why did the IRA put their arms beyond use when the British Army are still there?
    Oh, but they didn't surrender??
    So what did they actually do then?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Just reading this now I think I missed it. You misunderstood what I said. I said I have never witness the level of caustic insults like I have recently, not that I have never witnessed. I think all abuse should stop with everybody as its pointless and is not befitting of anyone who is genuinely engaged and interested in political discussion.

Hold on a second.
    You were asked this:
    Where have SF published constant homophobic comments on a website or the 'Jewish' thing with Harris?

and you haven't backed it up.

False allegations are as much a form of abuse as name calling or caustic insults.

markodaly wrote: »
    This, so this.

SF/PIRA sued for peace so they can have a joint assembly with Unionists, but then when push comes to shove, sure Westminster rules the lot, right??
    So then why did the IRA put their arms beyond use when the British Army are still there?
    Oh, but they didn't surrender??
    So what did they actually do then?

This is such nonsense.

Westminster controls ultimately...full stop.

There was also no surrender, The IRA did not decommission until agreement was reached, despite British and Unionist demands that they do. John Major quietly dropped the demand when he seen it was not going to happen and SF where allowed to the table...also a fact.

I never seen anyone claim that the IRA won, certainly didn't come from any regular posters that I have seen. A stalemate was reached and no side can claim victory.

So keep misrepresenting lads...it's all you seem to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Calling a racist homophobe as just "an ejit (sic) being an ejit (sic)" is defending him.

I don't think he's racist based on that. I think he's an ejit made a stupid comment based on idiocy.
    You call him a racist as part of building it up to be more than it was. You can't label someone and then hold everyone to your opinion.
    If you don't think O'Leary is worth even half the outrage I cant believe you are genuine about Holohan. I've explained that.
    You find a FG'er said similar I'll call him an ejit too not pretend to be outraged to get more mileage out of it as you are doing.

Bowie wrote: »
    I don't think he's racist based on that. I think he's an ejit made a stupid comment based on idiocy.
    You call him a racist as part of building it up to be more than it was. You can't label someone and then hold everyone to your opinion.
    If you don't think O'Leary is worth even half the outrage I cant believe you are genuine about Holohan. I've explained that.
    You find a FG'er said similar I'll call him an ejit too not pretend to be outraged to get more mileage out of it as you are doing.

What has O'Leary to do with Holohan being a racist, misogynist homophobe on a thread about Sinn Fein? And I am sure that Holohan is proud of all that, it appeals to his followers.

I am not sure that you understand low-level homophobia and racism, and in particular, how prevalent they are in Irish society.

This is such nonsense.

There was also no surrender, The IRA did not decommission until agreement was reached, despite British and Unionist demands that they do. John Major quietly dropped the demand when he seen it was not going to happen and SF where allowed to the table...also a fact.

I never seen anyone claim that the IRA won, certainly didn't come from any regular posters that I have seen. A stalemate was reached and no side can claim victory.

So keep misrepresenting lads...it's all you seem to have.

A stalemate was reached, but Westminister continued to rule, the British Army still have sovereignty over the North, but the IRA didn't surrender?

Seriously, Francie, can you not see the problem with your analysis? Yes, there was no formal surrender, but anyone with half an eye can see it for what it was. Why do you think the hardmen in the IRA have refused to go away? They know they got beaten, but they are sitting in Belfast thinking they can make mischief in other ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

This is such nonsense.

And SF/IRA agreed to this capitulation?
    So what is the point of the Northern Assembly then?

A stalemate was reached, but Westminister continued to rule, the British Army still have sovereignty over the North, but the IRA didn't surrender?

Seriously, Francie, can you not see the problem with your analysis? Yes, there was no formal surrender, but anyone with half an eye can see it for what it was. Why do you think the hardmen in the IRA have refused to go away? They know they got beaten, but they are sitting in Belfast thinking they can make mischief in other ways.

If you think SF sitting around a table negotiating a deal while the IRA was still fully armed, is a 'surrender', 'knock yourself out mate'...as they'd say up north.

It's typical of the high moral ground partitionists to pretend though.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    And SF/IRA agreed to this capitulation?
    So what is the point of the Northern Assembly then?

This bitter auld ****e again from a poster over on other threads blowing smoke up FG's ass for 'acting in de national interest'.

**** happens when a conflict/war reaches a stalemate and compromises have to be made. Would you have preferred/thought more of them had they fought to the death and turned the place into a bloodbath?

If you don't know how devolved governments work or how peace in northern Ireland was structured, isn't it time you learnt?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement